New Line of Nintendo Selects 8/26

arsenalcrazy8

CAGiversary!
Nintendo is launching a new line of Nintendo Selects starting August 26...all these games will get price drops to 19.99 (15.99 GCU at BB...)

games:

-3DS-

Tomodachi Life

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon

Animal Crossing New Leaf

Nintendo Dogs + Cats

Lego City Undercover

-Wii U-

Zelda Windwaker HD (!)

Lego City Undercover (!!)

NintendoLand

Also announced are:

a new 3DS bundle (with faceplates and Mario 3D Land) for 149.99 

Amiibo Wii U game bundles for 39.99 (for Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario Party 10, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker)

and before anyone says this is an MSRP deal...its important to put this out there so people don't spend current prices on these.

Linky:

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/nintendo-launches-back-to-school-deals

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh cool!  Luigi's Mansion 3DS, Lego City Undercover Wii U, and Windwaker HD will be mine. 

I'm going to try to avoid getting those particular amiibo bundles solely because I bought all those particular amiibos separately.  I hope the green Yoshi Wii U bundle and the Mario amiibo Mario Party 10 Wii U bundle get the same price treatment.

$80 for a 2DS still seems kind of high in my opinion.  Throw in most of the New 3DS extras on a 2DS/New 2DS, then I'll consider it.   Although, those interchangeable faceplates on the New 3DS look nice to me.

Lego Undercover is a nice surprise.  I was tempted to overpay for that one more than once and held off.  Sweet. 

Wow...just noticed that Europe also got Mario Party 9, New Super Mario Bros U + Luigi U, Pokepark wii etc...

Why does Nintendo of America not give us the same treatment???

Kinda bummed because I bought Luigi's Mansion about 2 weeks ago for full GCU price, but it was part of that sale they had where you get 50% off or something for buying two games.

Lego City will (eventually) get purchased, as I hear so much good about it. 

Slightly interested in Nintendogs for my wife...but I'm afraid she wouldn't play it much.

Pretty much have everything else that I'd want in this list. 

I want this to happen with Hyrule Warriors!

Missed out on both, want both as selects. Will never happen since Nintendo hates us in reality.

Kid-Icarus-Uprising_N3DS_US_ESRB.jpg

WiiKirbysReturnToDreamLand.jpg

Have always wanted to pick up Luigi's Mansion and Lego City Undercover. I hope the used prices at GS drop because I have a birthday coupon to use

Nintendo knows how to make a few quick bucks before the NX makes the Wii U a forgotten console. (I have a Wii U) It's cool of them to stabilize the secondary market for their some of their games though.

The endless amount of bitching about Nintendo on the internet never fails to disappoint. They could literally cure cancer and the commentary would be "no DLC or online? This sux. Nintendo's going out of business. They're out of touch."

If it will help get the game on Nintendo Selects and knowing my luck.  I fairly recently caved and paid whatever Amazon Warehouse wants for Kirby Wii. 

I heard that Lego City Undercover is great on Wii U as a sandbox title.  How's the 3DS version?  I heard that one wasn't similar.

how is Lego City Undercover (WII U)?

is it any good?
Personally, I thought that it was good enough and certainly fun but there were a couple issues that made playing it a little awkward. The loading times were a bit long and the most awkward part was that you have to play the game with the gamepad. There is literally no other option than to play the game with the huge, bulky Wii U gamepad. But overall, if you can live with that then it really is a pretty good game with the same style of humor, generally good graphics, and huge amount of collectables that Telltale Games has become known for in the Lego game series but with a fully explorable open world.

Personally, I thought that it was good enough and certainly fun but there were a couple issues that made playing it a little awkward. The loading times were a bit long and the most awkward part was that you have to play the game with the gamepad. There is literally no other option than to play the game with the huge, bulky Wii U gamepad. But overall, if you can live with that then it really is a pretty good game with the same style of humor, generally good graphics, and huge amount of collectables that Telltale Games has become known for in the Lego game series but with a fully explorable open world.
Well the price on Amazon has already crashed to barely above $20 yet the sales rank is still pretty bad. Seems to be almost no demand for the game. Why Nintendo would want to print a huge batch of games at nearly the same price point when there is no demand is pretty puzzling. Then again it will probably get a boost from increased advertising and kids titles are big holiday sellers.

The endless amount of bitching about Nintendo on the internet never fails to disappoint. They could literally cure cancer and the commentary would be "no DLC or online? This sux. Nintendo's going out of business. They're out of touch."
If they cured cancer, it would probably be in the most annoyingly innovative way possible.

Well the price on Amazon has already crashed to barely above $20 yet the sales rank is still pretty bad. Seems to be almost no demand for the game. Why Nintendo would want to print a huge batch of games at nearly the same price point when there is no demand is pretty puzzling. Then again it will probably get a boost from increased advertising and kids titles are big holiday sellers.
The price crashed because the Selects were announced and people dont want to be left holding the bag. And I just checked the WiiU game is over $40 on Amazon via 3rd party.

Were you talking about the 3ds version?

The game itself wasnt largely printed and was going for $40 used not long ago. It definitely had some value and was relatively rare.

The price crashed because the Selects were announced and people dont want to be left holding the bag. And I just checked the WiiU game is over $40 on Amazon via 3rd party.

Were you talking about the 3ds version?

The game itself wasnt largely printed and was going for $40 used not long ago. It definitely had some value and was relatively rare.
Walmart has had it clearanced at $15 for some time. The morning the news broke it would be released as Nintendo selects I checked Amazon: the price was about $30 and had a sales rank of about 2500 in video games. One day later the price was $23 and the rank had tanked all the way down to north of 4000. There are more than enough copies of this one still floating around to supply such anemic demand for some time. Presumably they are literally going to print warehouses full of this game as part of wave 2 for Nintendo Selects. I suspect you will be able to pick up stacks of them for $5/piece in the not too distant future.

Since Wind Waker HD is nowhere to be found, this is awesome it's getting a 3rd release. I just wish Nintendo would be more aggressive towards making this a common occurrence. It sucks to have to pay $50/60 for a game that's 2,3 or 4 years old. Especially when the competition offers this.

UPDATE: LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins - Nintendo 3DS has currently fallen to $19.98 on Amazon. If you want the original artwork you can have it for a penny less than the new Selects version.

I don't have Prime but I DO have GCU... Debating whether I should get Wind Waker for $16. But the thing is got it for gamecube at launch and I only got a little ways into it before losing interest... I curse my diminishing attention span.

Well Wind Waker HD looks like a great purchase, especially if you go through Amazon Prime. However I pretty much will give up waiting for Star Fox 64 3D ever hitting Nintendo Selects in the US. It did in Europe but not here and thus any physical copies are stupid expensive and Nintendo refuses to drop the digital price nor includes it in any sales (even when ther was a new Wii U Star Fox game).

Ahhhhhhh well. Time to complain is over.

I nearly picked up Star Fox 3D when it hit the clearance bins at Sears for $12. Nearly bought it. But didn't have a 3DS at the time so opted not to.  Ended up finally paying $25 new for it on Ebay a year later when I got my XL. :(

Just to add my birthday is this month (August) and Big N emailed me a coupon/code for 30% off one digital purchase, expiring at the end of the month.

Looks like I'll be using it after these selects come down in price. Guess I'm getting Lego City for Wii U - although, I am 36, am I really going to enjoy this? I've played through 2 other lego games (marvel and batman) because I'm more of a superhero dude. 

My Wii U gets almost zero use, and I need to change that or I'll have to sell it. 

bread's done
Back