New Line of Nintendo Selects 8/26

arsenalcrazy8

CAGiversary!
Nintendo is launching a new line of Nintendo Selects starting August 26...all these games will get price drops to 19.99 (15.99 GCU at BB...)

games:

-3DS-

Tomodachi Life

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon

Animal Crossing New Leaf

Nintendo Dogs + Cats

Lego City Undercover

-Wii U-

Zelda Windwaker HD (!)

Lego City Undercover (!!)

NintendoLand

Also announced are:

a new 3DS bundle (with faceplates and Mario 3D Land) for 149.99 

Amiibo Wii U game bundles for 39.99 (for Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario Party 10, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker)

and before anyone says this is an MSRP deal...its important to put this out there so people don't spend current prices on these.

Linky:

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/nintendo-launches-back-to-school-deals

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to add my birthday is this month (August) and Big N emailed me a coupon/code for 30% off one digital purchase, expiring at the end of the month.

Looks like I'll be using it after these selects come down in price. Guess I'm getting Lego City for Wii U - although, I am 36, am I really going to enjoy this? I've played through 2 other lego games (marvel and batman) because I'm more of a superhero dude.

My Wii U gets almost zero use, and I need to change that or I'll have to sell it.
Heads up, the 30% is usually only for select games. Not sure if Lego is usually in the bunch as an option, but if so, that's awesome.

Didn't see it in the OP, but these are all available for pre-order from Amazon, and if you have prime they are the same $15.99 that the BB club gets.  Free release day shipping for Friday.

Finally ordered Luigi's Mansion myself.

Didn't see it in the OP, but these are all available for pre-order from Amazon, and if you have prime they are the same $15.99 that the BB club gets. Free release day shipping for Friday.

Finally ordered Luigi's Mansion myself.
Did this for both Wind Waker and Lego City. And if you don't care how quickly the game arrives (which you probably don't if you've waited this long to buy it), you can get a $1 in digital download credit in place of two day shipping...almost always go that route with Amazon orders now, rarely in a hurry to get anything I buy and I always find a mp3 album or season of a TV series to use the credit on once I've saved up a decent amount of credit.

Yep some people just don't keep up with this.  I can't imagine knowingly paying that much for non-Selects packaging.  It just doesn't matter to me.  Sold Wind Waker HD for 60 and Tomodachi Life for 40.  Going to rebuy each next week for 16.

It's weird that there's no listed retailers on Nintendo's website for the Mario NEW 3DS bundle.

I really REALLY wanted the next NEW 3DS bundle to include a black unit. Black is always better. Fingers still crossed for a PKMN SuMo themed NEW 3DS bundle, or at the very least, set of  coverplates.

Anyone know when/if GameStop drops the prices on the preowned copies of these titles? Is it usually the day the selects are released? I have a bday coupon that expires at the end of the month that if like to use

Anyone know when/if GameStop drops the prices on the preowned copies of these titles? Is it usually the day the selects are released? I have a bday coupon that expires at the end of the month that if like to use
I would assume day of release. If prices don't officially go down, they do have a 10/20% less preowned guarantee that I would assume (hope) they'd honor. I know I'm going to try to get a first print run of Lego City that day for $16 and I plan on destroying them on a survey if they don't honor their own gaurentee.

I actually think last time it took them a while to drop the used prices...like a week or two...

At a Target, near OG Disney, they decided to put Friday's Selects out for Tuesday. Didn't try buying Wind Waker HD as Best Buy saves an extra 20%. Wouldn't surprise me if these were tempa-blocked until Friday.

I hope Twilight Princess HD will eventually be part of the selects line.

To answer my own question from earlier it looks like GameStop dropped the prices on the preowned versions of these titles. Gonna finally pick up luigis mansion with my bday coupon later

Alright... I never purchase new game, far less pre-order... But this experience sucks!! I did an unboxing video of Luigi's Mansion (cuz I always wanted that game) and was so freaking disappointed with it. Maybe it's because it's a "Nintendo Select" so they had to cut costs.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2tsCDBimGk[/media]

Alright... I never purchase new game, far less pre-order... But this experience sucks!! I did an unboxing video of Luigi's Mansion (cuz I always wanted that game) and was so freaking disappointed with it. Maybe it's because it's a "Nintendo Select" so they had to cut costs.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2tsCDBimGk[/media]
It isn't just a Nintendo Selects thing. Nintendo stopped including manuals in their games regularly quite a while ago, I'm pretty sure. Like everyone else.

It isn't just a Nintendo Selects thing. Nintendo stopped including manuals in their games regularly quite a while ago, I'm pretty sure. Like everyone else.
What? I just did a search for Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon Manual and nothing turned up... Can anyone else confirm this? Is this true for other publishers as well? I have a sealed ocarina of time 3ds... If i unbox that, would there be a manual?

Thanks in advance.

Kind of bummed. I was hoping for a Captain Toad amiibo, not just Toad.
It makes sense of course, but it would have been nice.
They seriously did miss out on an opportunity. Personally, and for some weird reason, I couldn't care less about Toad but Captain Toad is awesome (probably because he finally makes Toad awesome?)

What? I just did a search for Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon Manual and nothing turned up... Can anyone else confirm this? Is this true for other publishers as well? I have a sealed ocarina of time 3ds... If i unbox that, would there be a manual?

Thanks in advance.
I believe OoT and Luigi's were just a brief fold up sheet. Real manuals are dead. Most third party games haven't included anything other than that mandatory warnings sheet for even longer.

Edit- Just double checked and yeah they're literally a twice folded sheet of paper.

I believe OoT and Luigi's were just a brief fold up sheet. Real manuals are dead. Most third party games haven't included anything other than that mandatory warnings sheet for even longer.

Edit- Just double checked and yeah they're literally a twice folded sheet of paper.
It's not even a sheet detailing anything about the game either... it's just their standard legal notices and such... DAMN!!!

Thanks in advance.
I have the regular version of Luigi's Mansion and it comes with an "instruction booklet" (as it calls itself) but it's just more like a small poster/sheet of paper folded up. It's nothing special. Here's a quick picture
QPu9C7h.jpg

Thanks in advance.
Why don't you check youtube for unboxing videos? There are plenty of them.

I have the regular version of Luigi's Mansion and it comes with an "instruction booklet" (as it calls itself) but it's just more like a small poster/sheet of paper folded up. It's nothing special. Here's a quick picture
QPu9C7h.jpg
WOW... WTF... this was not in my game!! You think if I contact nintendo they'll send me one? I want that...

Animal Crossing will be here tomorrow. I'm excited to dive into this. I've played the original and CF but it was more my wife's.
This shall be mine.

I figure if there are carts on the NX then NIntendo could really just supply every store with a vending machine that spits out NX games.

Thanks in advance.
Physical game manuals haven't been a thing for a long time, even longer if you don't count those double-sided posters. So, how were you not aware of this in the first place?

Physical game manuals haven't been a thing for a long time, even longer if you don't count those double-sided posters. So, how were you not aware of this in the first place?
Man, honestly, I also said it in my vid, I don't buy new games. I just wait for the prices to drop and buy them use. So when I get a game without a manual, I'm there thinking that it's missing.

Well Wind Waker HD looks like a great purchase, especially if you go through Amazon Prime. However I pretty much will give up waiting for Star Fox 64 3D ever hitting Nintendo Selects in the US. It did in Europe but not here and thus any physical copies are stupid expensive and Nintendo refuses to drop the digital price nor includes it in any sales (even when ther was a new Wii U Star Fox game).

Ahhhhhhh well. Time to complain is over.
There was a sale on Starfox 64 3D before. I got the digital version for $29.99 about a couple of years ago. But much like the unicorn that is the $19.99 Rune Factory 4 sale (which I was also fortunate enough to advantage of), it is but an anomaly.

Strange revelation. I was looking through my receipts on the eShop, and I realized I had gotten Animal Crossing: New Leaf around the same time for $19.99, about 2 years before it became a Nintendo Selects title.

bread's done
Back