New Moon [Best Buy Exclusive] DVD & Blu-ray SteelBook™

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
According to DVDTalk user, Best Buy will be getting New Moon SteelBook on DVD & Blu-ray. This will be up for pre-sale just like Snow White, UP & This Is It. Keep your eyes on this.

Price: $29.99 Sale (Saturday, March 20th - Sunday, March 21st)
Doorbuster Price: $24.99 Sale (Saturday, March 20th @ 10am-2pm)
Pre-Sale Price: $10.00 (Deposit Required)
Pre-Sale Date: Friday, January 29, 2010.
Release Date: Saturday, March 20, 2010.

Blu-ray

2 Disc DVD

The New Moon DVD date is official! On Sat., 3/20 be the first to get the 2-Disc Special Edition DVD or Special Edition Blu-Ray!

http://twitter.com/Twilight

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Afflicted']
hmm if I were going to go gay... it would be for someone at least remotely attractive and that doesn't admit to having some major personal hygiene problems. IE: bathing regularly.

;)[/QUOTE]

Taylor Lautner at least when he's old enough? LOL

So by ordering this, are we essentially just ordering a case for $10? What happens when the movie comes out, we take it to BB and get it for the difference?

I think you get the reservation card, then when it released, you turn in the card or show the receipt and received that steelbook with the film inside.

yeah, well if thats the case, all I can see is chaos and confusion! A bunch of people who didn't know about the SteelBook, will see it and start demanding it!! I'm sure they'll even get one, but it could be our legit pre-order copy..oh noes!

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']New Moon SteelBook Pre-Sell Card - DVD & Blu-ray links is up now!

Pre-Sell Date: Friday, January 29, 2010
Price: $10.00

Blu-ray
2 Disc DVD[/QUOTE]

hmm... looks like ya don't walk out with the steelbook...

I'll go there tomorrow to get the pre-sell card. Remember this is not a empty steelbook. You get the card, come back at release day then received the steelbook with film enclosed.

I like the twilight saga especially hot ass alice cullen she can suck me dry anytime and bella is nice looking too I wished we had girls who wanted to score with mystic things back in my high school XD

Looks like is DVD-size. According to snauasages, you also get a customizable skin for your Cell Phone, PDA or MP3.

This is what the card look like:

newmoonsb_(Large).jpg
newmoonbrsb_(Large).jpg

http://www.examiner.com/x-34131-NY-...ilight-Saga-New-Moon-skin-for-your-cell-phone

crap, so these will be out in stores today? what's the buzz on this??

Need to know if I have to take a 945am "extended break" from work or if I make it by 11am during my lunch I'll be ok..I've gotta get like 3 of these now, especially with that cellphone MP3 skin. Wish the PSP Go was considered a niche MP3 player..

AH! thanks iNCREDiPiNOY! (btw nice new avatar photo :lol: )

well the excitement just faded, really wanted to have that steelbook in my hands today. Now that tells me 3/20 I'll have to be getting there early so BB doesn't sell them to customers off the street, mainly soccer moms, foaming at the mouth..

[quote name='James1221']are these gonna be on the same limited run of movies like the hurt locker?[/QUOTE]

I hope not, I think that the Hurt Locker is on a very small scale compared to this New Moon. I'm sure they are gonna pump these out. However, I'm not sure they'll last more than a couple of days b/c people like us are going to grab them up!

[quote name='James1221']are these gonna be on the same limited run of movies like the hurt locker?[/QUOTE]
Yes, these gonna be on the same limited run, 8,000 copies for DVD & 8,000 copies for DVD. Divide that by 1,150 stores, that is 7 copies for each store. Most metro area like West Hollywood & New York City will have more than 7 copies.

WTF if I pre-order with the card, they should HOLD my steelbook I shouldn't have to try to find one in the store and then take it to CS on release day!!

Haha, what a shitty steelbook.

Where is everyone getting this "BD-Sized" steelbook idea from. I don't recall ever seeing one that was Blu-Ray sized.

[quote name='lolwut?']Haha, what a shitty steelbook.

Where is everyone getting this "BD-Sized" steelbook idea from. I don't recall ever seeing one that was Blu-Ray sized.[/QUOTE]

All of the Disney Steelbooks where "blu ray sized"

[quote name='neoz']All of the Disney Steelbooks where "blu ray sized"[/QUOTE]

true dat, that's why I have my Bug's Life SB in-line w/ all my other Disney's on BD. The DVD-sized ones have been shunned into the other room..

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Yeah they should hold yours since they are counted by number of card.[/QUOTE]

I got my card today in store and I noticed on the receipt now at the bottom they have a "Reservation Number" or someting to that effect that starts with the store number it was also on a game pre-order that I did today too.

Does that mean they are actually tracking these things and SHOULD be holding stock on release day now?

Regardless I'm getting there at opening so I get my steelbook. I personally LOVE the steelbook, BUT I'm also going to want a slipcover if they have them on New Moon because that looks awesome too. :)

[quote name='xbox_mole']I got my card today in store and I noticed on the receipt now at the bottom they have a "Reservation Number" or someting to that effect that starts with the store number it was also on a game pre-order that I did today too.

Does that mean they are actually tracking these things and SHOULD be holding stock on release day now?

Yes they are tracking these things and you don't have to show up on release day unless they have left over on the shelf.

Regardless I'm getting there at opening so I get my steelbook. I personally LOVE the steelbook, BUT I'm also going to want a slipcover if they have them on New Moon because that looks awesome too. :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mako1215']Is the blu-ray a dvd/blu combo pack?[/QUOTE]

No clue, it says single disc. Unless you get a Target exclusive which bundles with DVD & CD.

I really hope that Target doesn't have a special version again like they got last time. If they do I'm gonna be forced to buy this one twice!

[quote name='xbox_mole']I really hope that Target doesn't have a special version again like they got last time. If they do I'm gonna be forced to buy this one twice![/QUOTE]

New Moon BD/DVD Combo Target Exclusive is already up on the website.

[quote name='parKer']Just wondering. Where in the store is everyone finding the pre-order cards?[/QUOTE]

At my store they are located at a movie endcap and frontlanes.

Anyone else try to redeem the code for the skin? My code is coming back as "already redeemed" the sku's listed on the receipt for this are all weird..

NEWMOON.jpg

Since its a pre-order card its still shady with what would be the final outcome!

Its from the same studio - Summit, so it might end up as the rare one below ;)

HURT101.jpg

Thanks, roguejedi5 and incredipinoy. Found them at a movie endcap, but had to look carefully because someone had mixed in non-steelbook pre-order cards with steelbook cards.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Yes, these gonna be on the same limited run, 8,000 copies for DVD & 8,000 copies for DVD. Divide that by 1,150 stores, that is 7 copies for each store. Most metro area like West Hollywood & New York City will have more than 7 copies.[/QUOTE]

Really? The BB I went to had like 20+ each of the BD and DVD steelbook pre-order cards. I'm not in a metro area at all. Does that mean on release day they can run out of steelbooks even though you have a steelbook reserved with your $10 pre-order?

[quote name='parKer']Thanks, roguejedi5 and incredipinoy. Found them at a movie endcap, but had to look carefully because someone had mixed in non-steelbook pre-order cards with steelbook cards.

Really? The BB I went to had like 20+ each of the BD and DVD steelbook pre-order cards. I'm not in a metro area at all. Does that mean on release day they can run out of steelbooks even though you have a steelbook reserved with your $10 pre-order?[/QUOTE]

Well, my area has 20+ so CALian & NYian get the upper # of copies. Yes once they ran out of card, you have a steelbook reserved locked so no one can't buy this without the pre-order.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Well, my area has 20+ so CALian & NYian get the upper # of copies. Yes once they ran out of card, you have a steelbook reserved locked so no one can't buy this without the pre-order.[/QUOTE]

I do not trust Best Buy to be able to manage this, with or without a card. I'm still bitter about my store failing to reserve a pre-order Hurt Locker. I really wish I had just paid to ship it to my home... I'm still unable to find a copy :(

I have a preorder card for this; hoping they can get it right this time.

I grabbed a pre-sale card last week store didn't even have them out and didn't know about them. They went in the back and got me one. I also saw the pre-order link for the actual steelbook on the website today. I ordered one of those for in-store pick up. I'll be heading there on release day so either way I should be getting one. If they have them in store I won't pick up my "order" if they are gone, they should have stashed me a steel and then I can just say to credit me the $10 by doing a refund since I bought the movie.

Now does anyone know if Target is getting an exclusive version with iTunes extras like they did with Twilight? If that is the case, I may have to buy both versions.

bread's done
Back