New Moon [Best Buy Exclusive] DVD & Blu-ray SteelBook™

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
According to DVDTalk user, Best Buy will be getting New Moon SteelBook on DVD & Blu-ray. This will be up for pre-sale just like Snow White, UP & This Is It. Keep your eyes on this.

Price: $29.99 Sale (Saturday, March 20th - Sunday, March 21st)
Doorbuster Price: $24.99 Sale (Saturday, March 20th @ 10am-2pm)
Pre-Sale Price: $10.00 (Deposit Required)
Pre-Sale Date: Friday, January 29, 2010.
Release Date: Saturday, March 20, 2010.

Blu-ray

2 Disc DVD

The New Moon DVD date is official! On Sat., 3/20 be the first to get the 2-Disc Special Edition DVD or Special Edition Blu-Ray!

http://twitter.com/Twilight

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='skiizim']Does anybody know if you can use Amazons video service with the ps3 and/or be able to download the video to the ps3?[/QUOTE]
wouldn't you just buy the dvd then convert it to ipod.

[quote name='iowaholdem']So this is the Bluray disc of the actual movie, New Moon, for $10?[/QUOTE]
no, $10 is required for pre-order then come back at release day to pay the remaining balance, so just add $15 during doorbuster or $20 after doorbuster.

[quote name='snausages']Highly suggest you grab a copy in the store and take to the customer service desk. Also remember to bring your PRESELL card & receipt due to this POSSIBLE reason.[/QUOTE]

The hell... according to this at Best Buy,

Price: During the first 2 hours of business on March 20, 2010, DVD: $19.99 and Blu-ray: $24.99. Afterwards, DVD: $24.99 and Blu-ray: $29.99 (price match at the store to Bestbuy.com website price of $26.99).

Looks like I'll be there with random girls for my Blu-Ray Steelbook Preorder. Saving my $5.00 with a coffee and a hangover.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']wouldn't you just buy the dvd then convert it to ipod.[/QUOTE]

I am buying the movie through Amazon but considering the movie comes out Saturday. Amazon is offering the rental for free so you can watch it as soon as it comes out, hence my first question.

[quote name='snausages']Highly suggest you grab a copy in the store and take to the customer service desk. Also remember to bring your PRESELL card & receipt due to this POSSIBLE reason.[/QUOTE]

Am I missing something, why do I need my pre-sell card as long as I have my pre-order receipt?

well I just called the BB I pre-ordered at and specifically asked if the copies would be held behind the CS counter and only be honored for people w/ a valid receipt. She said, of course! but the ease at which she replied kind of made me feel like she was blowing me off...

there is no way I can camp out or get there early for this, so I really hope they hold them behind the counter. This doorbuster price was news to me (thanks as always CAG!) so hopefully I can make it there by a decent time..

about camping out, I went by 3 BBs tonight and saw no signs of anything like that, not like you would BF or console releases, which is strange, guess while having it on a Saturday was smart, they didn't factor in Spring Break for a lot of areas..

[quote name='xbox_mole']Am I missing something, why do I need my pre-sell card as long as I have my pre-order receipt?[/QUOTE]

The pre-sell card has a code that is the same as the code for the New Moon cell phone skin. For some reason the register needs the code to refund your $10 deposit back. Don't ask me why...I have no idea. There is an update that on the bottom of your receipt there is a registration number that the customer service desk person can use instead of the pre-sell card code and that should work.

In the past when you return something to Best Buy the register does not prompt for a code to proceed. For some reason this time it was different. Hope that helps!

I just went to a BB in Bridgewater, NJ. They had no steels on the shelf. They were all at customer service. They had about 30 DVD Steels and 2 Blu steels. They wouldn't let me buy the blu without a reservation. YMMV you might want to get there quickly just in cae since you never know with BB.

Does the blu-ray steelbook only come with 1 disc? I grabbed mine in the display (maybe they had a total of 4?) and took it the CSR desk to take care of the pre-order thing.

well, I am not impressed..my store easily had 20 BD steelbooks...man that $25 doorbuster was tempting for a second one, but realized I should save my money. can't believe some are reporting about a small supply!

[quote name='token2k6']well, I am not impressed..my store easily had 20 BD steelbooks...man that $25 doorbuster was tempting for a second one, but realized I should save my money. can't believe some are reporting about a small supply![/QUOTE]

saw quite a few of the DVD steelbooks... only about 5-6 blu tho...

picked up a steel... tried to price match with walmart.com... have had some luck price matching steelbooks before but not today... but did get to use the $16 redplum coupon... so 11 bucks and change out the door.

I got to Best Buy at 11AM. Surprisingly, there was no crowd. They had a table set up right at the front of the store with all sorts of Twilight stuff. There were about 25 each of the Blu-ray and DVD steelbooks. Got my reservation taken care of with no problems.

Dammit. Was in a hurry today and was only able to swing by BB at 11am.

I didn't remember that there were DVD and Bluray steelbooks and the store I went to only had 2 left so I grabbed them, thinking they were Blurays... and I get home to see they're DVDs. I should've known something was up when they only charged $19.99.

So I screwed myself out of the early bird deal too since I was in too much of a rush. (I reserved at a store near my work before the early bird specials were known and never got around to trying to fix that)

So yeah, I guess the BR steelbooks were limited as these were the last 2 steelbooks in the store and they were DVD.

Sorry for bumping an old thread three months later, but I was hoping someone here could answer a question for me:

Does the Blu-Ray steelbook only come with one blue colored generic looking disc and nothing else inside like a scene selection card, etc? I bought one from a personal seller and wanted to make sure it's authentic and I'm not missing anything that was originally included.

As far as I know it was a barebones blu-ray release, the main draw was the case itself but it lacked quite a few of the extras that were part of DVD bundles at Target and Walmart if I recall correctly.

Yeah. I haven't fallen prey to the Steelbook craze, and when I heard there were more features with the Wal-Mart 3-Disc Ultimate Edition, that was an easy choice. Don't think the Steelbook had anything but the movie, but I don't claim to be an expert. ;)

This was the most epic fail ever..I still see copies of the BD Steelbook at Best Buy..oh well! now I have to get all geared up for Eclipse..my wife is already planning a baby sitter so it doesn't look good!

and yes, the only thing in my BB copy was the disc, nothing else.

Wasn't quite an epic fail when I sold a BD steelbook copy to someone in Brazil for $50 through Amazon after paying $20. Remember there's a foreign market out there that's crazy for Bluray versions of movies in steelbook editions, just like many of us like to import Steelbooks too.

[quote name='token2k6']This was the most epic fail ever..I still see copies of the BD Steelbook at Best Buy..oh well! now I have to get all geared up for Eclipse..my wife is already planning a baby sitter so it doesn't look good!

and yes, the only thing in my BB copy was the disc, nothing else.[/QUOTE]

so that mean you gonna watch the other 2 again before you go see the new one?
:lol:

bread's done
Back