New Mortal Kombat Tournament/Kollector's Edition @ Gamestop $99.99/$149.99 360/PS3

TheNeck

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Pre-order only, not out till April 26, 2011 according to Amazon.

Kollector's Edition Info
-Kollectible figurines of Scorpion and Sub-Zero that double up as video game ‘bookends’ for your favorite Mortal Kombat games.
-A 110+ page book featuring original concept sketches and game art from the 2011 version of Mortal Kombat.

Tournament Edition Info
-Mortal Kombat Fight Stick (More information about the joystick, thanks wargamer.)
-High quality, authentic Suzo Happ arcade parts for the ultimate in performance
-Features the classic Mortal Kombat ergonomic button layout to best optimize game play.
-Flip open lid for easy arcade part customization access and storage.

360 Kollector's Editon $99.99
PS3 Kollector's Edition $99.99

360 Tournament Edition
$149.99
PS3 Tournament Edition $149.99

Amazon PS3 Tournament Edition $149.99
Amazon 360 Tournament Edition $149.99
(thanks bojay1997 for the link to amazon)

I can't decide which one to pre-order. :whistle2:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I love CEs but the recent ones have been lacking and the swag just sits there doing nothing...It is VERY nice but the price is a bit too steep and I think I will wait it out. I can see the game alone going for $20 or less by xmas next year.

[quote name='cRodz']Guys..
Remember when MSRP was a deal?
good times...[/QUOTE]

You forget that CE / Ultimate edition of games are "deals" here at CAG because they are "limited" in quantities.

[quote name='bojay1997']Except that you are forgetting about the fact that this is Mortal Kombat which has sort of killed its franchise with some very mediocre games in recent years and there is going to be a cheaper "collector's edition" of the game that contains things people may want more than this stick.[/QUOTE]

sorry i had no idea you were talking about the 20,000 units of the MK TE Ed being produce.

[quote name='bojay1997']Whether it's a high quality stick or not it will drop. $150 for 20,000 units is a very hard sell in this economy, especially given the fact that the stick is specific to one game and most of us already have more than enough high quality sticks between the various TE releases from Mad Catz and all the sales they have had every week or two. Like I said earlier, I would be very surprised if Mad Catz has sold a total of 20K TE sticks over the various runs and graphic patterns and those are more generically designed for multiple games and very high quality.[/QUOTE]

Who do you mean when you say "us"? Because I certainly don't have any sticks until I eventually purchase this MK TE. I also think it's a bit off to compare this $150 bundle that comes with a $60 game that will be available in B&M stores to a $150 stick with no game that was basically only available via the web. When looked at it like this, I would fully expect that this outsells SFTEs. If I had to guess, I would say this sells out before release date, especially if there is a decent ad campaign.

Even if you only look at the numbers, it seems like a good possibility. Say 20,000 for each console. Split even between the 3 retailers with exclusive fatalities. 6,666 for each. Gamestop alone has around 4500 stores in the US. That's around 1.5 per store. Best Buy has 900 or so stores in US, so around 7.5 per store. And Amazon with its infinite buyers. Odds only go up if it's 20,000 total with 10,000 per console or other stores like Target and Walmart get the TE.

This leads me to believe that this might actually not be 50% in two months. And of course, I may be entirely wrong. Only time will tell. And this is all contingent upon many things: the quality of the game, the quality of the stick, and the 20,000 being true and not a ploy by WB. We'll see.

I would consider it if the button placement was not screwed up. Yes I know why they are mapped out that way but by them making the arcade layout the controller is useless to any game beside MK.

I think this will do well cause this is a total reboot of the series going back to the good ole' MK1,2,3 days. Plus WB was shopping around for the hard 'R' movie(remember that 6-8minute trailer?). WB is going to bank and do well if it doesnt screw it up.

[quote name='Ensoul']I would consider it if the button placement was not screwed up. Yes I know why they are mapped out that way but by them making the arcade layout the controller is useless to any game beside MK.[/QUOTE]

it's meant for a specific game such as plastic music equipment is only useful for band hero and rockband. cabella's gun peripherals only useful for hunting games. etc

[quote name='panda911']Who do you mean when you say "us"? Because I certainly don't have any sticks until I eventually purchase this MK TE. I also think it's a bit off to compare this $150 bundle that comes with a $60 game that will be available in B&M stores to a $150 stick with no game that was basically only available via the web. When looked at it like this, I would fully expect that this outsells SFTEs. If I had to guess, I would say this sells out before release date, especially if there is a decent ad campaign.

[/QUOTE]

Really?

[quote name='frpilot']it's meant for a specific game such as plastic music equipment is only useful for band hero and rockband. cabella's gun peripherals only useful for hunting games. etc[/QUOTE]

Like you said You can use Rock band equipment with other rockband games as well as guitar hero and guitar hero world tour etc so you are not limited to one game. I cannot speak for the hunting games but I assume they are compatible with other gun games. I don't like the fact you have to limit yourself to just one game with that controller.

I loved MK back in the day but I am still skeptical about this game. Every one in 3D they have made has been awful. MK vs DC was pretty good but again to me they could not decide if they wanted a 2D game or a 3D game when they made you be able to rotate around the guy.

The thing for me is this layout is only for MK games. I would like a stick for my PS3 but it would only be for MK if I get this when the SFTEs can work for most other fighting games. I want one but just can't get myself to buy it when it will be for one game. Hell I might even get one for the 360 and one for the PS3 only get the KE for the 360 and the TE for the PS3 due to not having a stick for the PS3.

[quote name='skiizim']Amazon, Gamestop, and Best Buy are all going to have there own individual DLC.

Gamestop= Scorpion
Best buy = Sub Zero
Amazon = Reptile[/QUOTE]

I hate when they do stuff like this. Would like one of all 3 but chances are Amazon will get my money as I was always more of a Reptile fan when he had the ninja look. Don't like his look in the newer games. If I get one for the PS3 then might get the other from GameStop. However I wonder if they will end up as DLC later on.

[quote name='skiizim']Amazon, Gamestop, and Best Buy are all going to have there own individual DLC.

Gamestop= Scorpion
Best buy = Sub Zero
Amazon = Reptile[/QUOTE]

fuck yea amazon!

retro-Ninja-Reptile-Artwork_ts.gif

[quote name='panda911']Who do you mean when you say "us"? Because I certainly don't have any sticks until I eventually purchase this MK TE. I also think it's a bit off to compare this $150 bundle that comes with a $60 game that will be available in B&M stores to a $150 stick with no game that was basically only available via the web. When looked at it like this, I would fully expect that this outsells SFTEs. If I had to guess, I would say this sells out before release date, especially if there is a decent ad campaign.

Even if you only look at the numbers, it seems like a good possibility. Say 20,000 for each console. Split even between the 3 retailers with exclusive fatalities. 6,666 for each. Gamestop alone has around 4500 stores in the US. That's around 1.5 per store. Best Buy has 900 or so stores in US, so around 7.5 per store. And Amazon with its infinite buyers. Odds only go up if it's 20,000 total with 10,000 per console or other stores like Target and Walmart get the TE.

This leads me to believe that this might actually not be 50% in two months. And of course, I may be entirely wrong. Only time will tell. And this is all contingent upon many things: the quality of the game, the quality of the stick, and the 20,000 being true and not a ploy by WB. We'll see.[/QUOTE]

Do you not play other fighting games? Why would you wait to buy a stick for the one game that may or may not be good and which has a stick which is specifically configured for just the one game? I just think most of us who really enjoy fighting games already have sticks and I don't anticipate a bunch of casual gamers or people who for whatever reason have been holding off on buying a stick figuring "hey, I get a game and a joystick for $150, I should buy this day one". I'm sorry, but there is no way this will sell out, even if the game is good and even if the stick is of decent quality, especially with the existence of the other collector's edition. Not a deal in any way.

[quote name='Ensoul']Like you said You can use Rock band equipment with other rockband games as well as guitar hero and guitar hero world tour etc so you are not limited to one game. I cannot speak for the hunting games but I assume they are compatible with other gun games. I don't like the fact you have to limit yourself to just one game with that controller.

I loved MK back in the day but I am still skeptical about this game. Every one in 3D they have made has been awful. MK vs DC was pretty good but again to me they could not decide if they wanted a 2D game or a 3D game when they made you be able to rotate around the guy.[/QUOTE]

This game is 3D characters fighting in a 2D background. The gameplay will be much closer to MK1-MK3 than to Deadly Alliance and Armageddon.

[quote name='frpilot']just thinking and analyzing. 20,000 te sticks seems plausible to me even in this bad economy. 20,000 x 150 = $3M; (assuming that everyone paid retail for it). $3M is pretty small considering how much money the video game industry generates annually. if you said 100,000 or 200,000 te sticks than i might agree with you.

i wonder how many copies of sf4 and ssf4 capcom has sold. i'm thinking at least 500,000 copies combined. sf4 did reach platinum/greatest hits status and i believe you have to sell in the hundreds of thousands to achieve that (at least 300,000 copies sold).

considering halo 3 sold 8M+, gears 1 and gears 2 sold at least 5M each, re5 sold several million too. makes me wonder that the sf4 craze and the increasing people attending EVO, that game has got to have sold at least a million (and that's a very small estimate). so if 1M sf4 sold, i find it hard to believe that only 2% of the 1M people (20,000) who bought and play the sf4 series use te sticks. maybe it's more likely that 90% of sf4 players play on pads and 10% on all joysticks but i still think that the ratio of people who play with joysticks is larger than that even if it's not just te sticks (fighstick, te, hori, tekken, etc.)[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be easier to just look up the numbers sold rather than spend a whole post rationalizing how much SF4 sold?

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/browse.php?name=street+fighter+4

Granted it is not completely accurate, it's a lot better/easier than trying to come up with your own numbers.

As for the joystick, the special configuration really kills it for me. I can see the value being good if 1) the game actually ends up good 2) the joystick is actually comparable to the Madcatz TE sticks (which they are trying to name-associate). I'm hopeful for #1 but have my doubts on #2.

[quote name='Ensoul']Like you said You can use Rock band equipment with other rockband games as well as guitar hero and guitar hero world tour etc so you are not limited to one game. I cannot speak for the hunting games but I assume they are compatible with other gun games. I don't like the fact you have to limit yourself to just one game with that controller.
[/QUOTE]

i get your point, but you could also use it for mk vs dc, mk2 or umk3 if you downloaded them, or classic arcade games that you just to need move and have attack, jump, special (like raiden, contra, the xmen arcade coming out, turtles in time, etc)

[quote name='sendme']I hate when they do stuff like this. Would like one of all 3 but chances are Amazon will get my money as I was always more of a Reptile fan when he had the ninja look. Don't like his look in the newer games. If I get one for the PS3 then might get the other from GameStop. However I wonder if they will end up as DLC later on.[/QUOTE]

what is reptile anyways? is he a ninja or a monster? i recall in the early mk games he had a human form, ending of mk2 he there was some shots of him being lost and sinking in quicksand? but then the ending in mk3 (iirc) he was unmasked and he was a monster.

[quote name='aheineken']This game is 3D characters fighting in a 2D background. The gameplay will be much closer to MK1-MK3 than to Deadly Alliance and Armageddon.[/QUOTE]

trying to picture what thta is like. is sf4 3d characters and 2d backgrounds? i know mvc2 was 2d characters with 3d backgrounds.

gameplay close to mk1 - mk3 is nice, but they better update the system. i'm not too hyped up about the fill up super meter xray special move for more damage, it looks cheesy. but i guess mk developers wanted to make the game more unique and have a pumped up special move as a super move is what every other fighting game already has.

i didn't really get in depth with da, deception, or armageddon, but the graphics and fighting looked impressive. i think it just got too complicated and i didn't have time to learn how to play it.

[quote name='Antipodes']
Granted it is not completely accurate, it's a lot better/easier than trying to come up with your own numbers.

As for the joystick, the special configuration really kills it for me. I can see the value being good if 1) the game actually ends up good 2) the joystick is actually comparable to the Madcatz TE sticks (which they are trying to name-associate). I'm hopeful for #1 but have my doubts on #2.[/QUOTE]

true, but i was at work. didn't want to open many browsers searching. that was a long post at work too.

[quote name='MarkMan']Really?[/QUOTE]

Duh. A game-specific joystick optimized for the MK franchise, well known for having a deeper fighting engine than the crappy SF games! Tournament players will be eager to invest in it. ;)

Not to hate on MK though. I'm anticipating it just for the style and nostalgia. But I think it's a long-shot to think that the quality and appeal will be on-par with the Madcatz TE sticks.

[quote name='Antipodes']Duh. A game-specific joystick optimized for the MK franchise, well known for having a deeper fighting engine than the crappy SF games! Tournament players will be eager to invest in it. ;)

Not to hate on MK though. I'm anticipating it just for the style and nostalgia. But I think it's a long-shot to think that the quality and appeal will be on-par with the Madcatz TE sticks.[/QUOTE]

I think you missed the subtle nudge from Mark Man who pretty much single handedly worked at Mad Catz to make sure the TE stick was a great product and has been the best evangelist for it Mad Catz could ever have.

[quote name='MarkMan']Really?[/QUOTE]

I know you're the guy who hawks the TE sticks on these boards and all but come on. You got anything more substantive than 'really'? Where do you see the flaw in logic? Look at how I laid it out and tell me which seems more likely to sell. I was also following bojay1997's notion that the SFTEs sold less than 20,000 (I personally think they would've sold more). So just by the numbers, if a product with a run of 20,000 sells out, it's sold more than a product that hasn't sold 20,000. Simple. I'm sure you could shed some light on the sales number of sticks if you wanted and help clear this up.

There was also a Castlevania before the 3d and GBA versions too. =P
Just giving you crap. That's the MK button layout.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']That is the fucking ugliest button layout I've ever seen in my entire life.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='frpilot']what is reptile anyways? is he a ninja or a monster? i recall in the early mk games he had a human form, ending of mk2 he there was some shots of him being lost and sinking in quicksand? but then the ending in mk3 (iirc) he was unmasked and he was a monster.[/QUOTE]
He's a reptilian-monster-thing that disguises himself as a human, or at least he use to try to disguise himself. In MK1 he looked completely human, but in MK2 he'd take off his human mask at times for a special move or fatality.

[quote name='frpilot']trying to picture what thta is like. is sf4 3d characters and 2d backgrounds? i know mvc2 was 2d characters with 3d backgrounds.[/QUOTE]
SF4 has 3D character models and 3D rendered backgrounds, but has 2D gameplay in that you can't move on the z-axis into the background or foreground during a fight. A game like Tekken also has 3D characters and backgrounds like SF4, but has 3D gameplay since it allows you to sidestep towards or away from the camera's perspective.

[quote name='bojay1997']Do you not play other fighting games? Why would you wait to buy a stick for the one game that may or may not be good and which has a stick which is specifically configured for just the one game? I just think most of us who really enjoy fighting games already have sticks and I don't anticipate a bunch of casual gamers or people who for whatever reason have been holding off on buying a stick figuring "hey, I get a game and a joystick for $150, I should buy this day one". I'm sorry, but there is no way this will sell out, even if the game is good and even if the stick is of decent quality, especially with the existence of the other collector's edition. Not a deal in any way.[/QUOTE]

No, not really. I messed around with SSF4, but nothing serious. I'd wait for this stick maybe because it's for a game that I actually play. The button layout doesn't matter if someone doesn't play other fighting games. It'll still work with retro arcade games and brawlers. It's no different than any of the plastic music controllers or games like DJ Hero and Cabela's, as others have said. It also seems that serious SF players and serious MK players are, for the most part, mutually exclusive. It basically comes down to if there are 20,000 (or 40,000) serious MK players or fans and I think there are. End of story.

I agree with panda above. If you do the simple math looking at MK vs DC sales which were over a Million copies sold (and this one will sell more than that hands down):

1,000,000x.02 = 20,000

I think it's safe to say that out of a million copies there are more than 2% who are diehard fans of the game that would go for the TE bundle...I know I'm one of them and I own an actual MK2 Dedicated Arcade Cabinet.

[quote name='panda911']No, not really. I messed around with SSF4, but nothing serious. I'd wait for this stick maybe because it's for a game that I actually play. The button layout doesn't matter if someone doesn't play other fighting games. It'll still work with retro arcade games and brawlers. It's no different than any of the plastic music controllers or games like DJ Hero and Cabela's, as others have said. It also seems that serious SF players and serious MK players are, for the most part, mutually exclusive. It basically comes down to if there are 20,000 (or 40,000) serious MK players or fans and I think there are. End of story.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's significantly different in the sense that this is a major investment of $150 which has to be doubled if you actually want to play fairly with a second person. I would also note that DJ Hero 2 bundle is now selling for $50 at Gamestop and will be $55 on Sunday at Best Buy. Cabela's bundle is $48 today on the 360 at TRU and will be $55 at Best Buy on Sunday. Those are 40-50% drops for games that are only two months old.

I love both SF and MK, as well as BlazBlu, Guilty Gear and tons of other Capcom and SNK games as do many other fighting game fans, but I would not have bought my two TE sticks if they were only good for SF. To me, that's a complete waste of money. The fact remains that every collector's edition or limited edition released with peripherals or other junk in the past two years has been seriously discounted, often very closely following release. From Rock Band to Guitar Hero to the Tekken bundles to everything else. Heck, even the various limited edition TE sticks now go regularly for half price. 20,000 is a ton of units, especially for a franchise relaunch and especially in light of the fact that there is a collector's edition that many people will choose over the Tournament Edition. If this was $150 for all the collector's edition content and extras and a stick, it would be an easy sell. As it is, people will have to choose and I would bet most fighting game fans who already own sticks will go with either the basic game or the collector's edition. We'll see when launch comes, but I haven't been wrong about a CE or LE yet, so I am very confident in my analysis.

[quote name='xDisciplex']I agree with panda above. If you do the simple math looking at MK vs DC sales which were over a Million copies sold (and this one will sell more than that hands down):

1,000,000x.02 = 20,000

I think it's safe to say that out of a million copies there are more than 2% who are diehard fans of the game that would go for the TE bundle...I know I'm one of them and I own an actual MK2 Dedicated Arcade Cabinet.[/QUOTE]

Well, feel free to waste your money. Street Fighter IV sold well over a million units on each platform and the TE sticks never sold out including most of the "limited" editions, even at $100 and even after the game hit $20 essentially making for a $120 bundle. The CAGs around here will wait for the inevitable 30-50% price drop after release.

[quote name='bojay1997']I think you missed the subtle nudge from Mark Man who pretty much single handedly worked at Mad Catz to make sure the TE stick was a great product and has been the best evangelist for it Mad Catz could ever have.[/QUOTE]

The first paragraph of my response was obviously sarcastic. MK series certainly has style, but has never been deep enough for tournament-level play, so there's less likely to be a push from that market segment. The MK license is not as strong as SF, and add in the fact that this stick is much less general-purpose: this stick is not going to be anywhere as prevalent as the Madcatz TE sticks.

I'd be willing to bet there won't be even 1/10th the number of MK sticks. Too bad that can't be verified.

Lastly, this isn't directly responding to you, but it's really stupid that there are so many people in this thread justifying their arguments by doing math on made up numbers.

[quote name='bojay1997']Actually, it's significantly different in the sense that this is a major investment of $150 which has to be doubled if you actually want to play fairly with a second person. I would also note that DJ Hero 2 bundle is now selling for $50 at Gamestop and will be $55 on Sunday at Best Buy. Cabela's bundle is $48 today on the 360 at TRU and will be $55 at Best Buy on Sunday. Those are 40-50% drops for games that are only two months old.

I love both SF and MK, as well as BlazBlu, Guilty Gear and tons of other Capcom and SNK games as do many other fighting game fans, but I would not have bought my two TE sticks if they were only good for SF. To me, that's a complete waste of money. The fact remains that every collector's edition or limited edition released with peripherals or other junk in the past two years has been seriously discounted, often very closely following release. From Rock Band to Guitar Hero to the Tekken bundles to everything else. Heck, even the various limited edition TE sticks now go regularly for half price. 20,000 is a ton of units, especially for a franchise relaunch and especially in light of the fact that there is a collector's edition that many people will choose over the Tournament Edition. If this was $150 for all the collector's edition content and extras and a stick, it would be an easy sell. As it is, people will have to choose and I would bet most fighting game fans who already own sticks will go with either the basic game or the collector's edition. We'll see when launch comes, but I haven't been wrong about a CE or LE yet, so I am very confident in my analysis.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but I have to point out that your examples are very flawed ... I don't think either of those bundles were limited at all.

How limited were those TE sticks too ... or the tekken sticks, hell everyone and their mother owns one of those.

[quote name='bojay1997']Actually, it's significantly different in the sense that this is a major investment of $150 which has to be doubled if you actually want to play fairly with a second person. I would also note that DJ Hero 2 bundle is now selling for $50 at Gamestop and will be $55 on Sunday at Best Buy. Cabela's bundle is $48 today on the 360 at TRU and will be $55 at Best Buy on Sunday. Those are 40-50% drops for games that are only two months old.

I love both SF and MK, as well as BlazBlu, Guilty Gear and tons of other Capcom and SNK games as do many other fighting game fans, but I would not have bought my two TE sticks if they were only good for SF. To me, that's a complete waste of money. The fact remains that every collector's edition or limited edition released with peripherals or other junk in the past two years has been seriously discounted, often very closely following release. From Rock Band to Guitar Hero to the Tekken bundles to everything else. Heck, even the various limited edition TE sticks now go regularly for half price. 20,000 is a ton of units, especially for a franchise relaunch and especially in light of the fact that there is a collector's edition that many people will choose over the Tournament Edition. If this was $150 for all the collector's edition content and extras and a stick, it would be an easy sell. As it is, people will have to choose and I would bet most fighting game fans who already own sticks will go with either the basic game or the collector's edition. We'll see when launch comes, but I haven't been wrong about a CE or LE yet, so I am very confident in my analysis.[/QUOTE]

I was comparing the TE to music games, DJ Hero 2 and Cabela's in terms of number of games it can be used for. The price front obviously isn't comparable as those games were produced in quantities greater than 20,000. Also would just say that most other CEs of LEs that drop usually include worthless baubles rather than something that's beneficial to the actual gameplay.

Also, Markman might disagree with you on the amount of SFTEs sold. It seems that in this reply to one of my earlier posts, he implies that SFTEs have sold more than 20,000 units.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']W00t, UMK 3 was released on the App Store tonight, with 3D MODELS. What a nice surprise. =][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, i will have to check it out tomorrow hopefully.

How is it?

[quote name='Antipodes']The first paragraph of my response was obviously sarcastic. MK series certainly has style, but has never been deep enough for tournament-level play, so there's less likely to be a push from that market segment. The MK license is not as strong as SF, and add in the fact that this stick is much less general-purpose: this stick is not going to be anywhere as prevalent as the Madcatz TE sticks.

I'd be willing to bet there won't be even 1/10th the number of MK sticks. Too bad that can't be verified.

Lastly, this isn't directly responding to you, but it's really stupid that there are so many people in this thread justifying their arguments by doing math on made up numbers.[/QUOTE]

I'd much rather have people at least try to justify their views, instead of just pulling it out of their asses, with math using reasonable figures.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']That is the fucking ugliest button layout I've ever seen in my entire life.[/QUOTE]
have you ever seen a Gamecube controller?

Also i'm all over the kollectors ed..and Ill definitely pass on the Stick which will probably go the same way the street fighter and Tekken Sticks went expensive at first, But 6 months later can be had much cheaper

I love this package but I just can't justify spending that much. Now if they ever make a new killer instinct in a package like this I would have to buy

[quote name='panda911']I was comparing the TE to music games, DJ Hero 2 and Cabela's in terms of number of games it can be used for. The price front obviously isn't comparable as those games were produced in quantities greater than 20,000. Also would just say that most other CEs of LEs that drop usually include worthless baubles rather than something that's beneficial to the actual gameplay.

Also, Markman might disagree with you on the amount of SFTEs sold. It seems that in this reply to one of my earlier posts, he implies that SFTEs have sold more than 20,000 units.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you're right, the other bundles I cited were much cheaper to begin with and most importantly, you can't play the respective games without the bundled controllers. In this situation, there are plenty of other options, including the stock controllers everyone has already, fight pads, other sticks, etc...I'm sorry, but I have seen nothing in your arguments or those of your associates to indicate this is in danger of selling out. The fact that there are only maybe four people in this whole thread who indicated they will be pre-ordering the stick version and the vast majority saying they will wait or get the collector's edition version is a good indication that the demand just isn't there.

Also, there is no indication that MarkMan was either confirming or denying how many TE's Mad Catz has sold. I can tell you for sure that the 3,000 units of the Blaz Blue version of the stick hasn't sold out on either platform despite getting a significant price drop and hitting as low as $109 on Amazon. Even on the off chance that more than 20K TE sticks have sold, the stick is much more adaptable to a wide variety of fighting games as opposed to this single purpose unusual button array.

I'm sorry, but the high price and limited utility of this stick is a recipe for a price drop. We'll know for sure soon enough.

I like how the stick opens up for storage and easy modding but I doubt I will bite. Already have a stick for both 360 and PS3 so it isn't worth an extra $90+ for something that is basically MK only.

[quote name='bojay1997']Well, feel free to waste your money. Street Fighter IV sold well over a million units on each platform and the TE sticks never sold out including most of the "limited" editions, even at $100 and even after the game hit $20 essentially making for a $120 bundle. The CAGs around here will wait for the inevitable 30-50% price drop after release.[/QUOTE]

The SF TE sticks were $150 just for the stick, this comes with the game and a DLC unlock - so right there it's already above the SF TE stick. If you guys want to hope for a price drop - be my guest I'm getting my preorder to guarantee mine since I"m a fan of the series since the first one was out in the arcades. And I plan on playing my copy on release day with the stick, not waiting half a year or longer "hoping" for a drop.

[quote name='xDisciplex']The SF TE sticks were $150 just for the stick, this comes with the game and a DLC unlock - so right there it's already above the SF TE stick. If you guys want to hope for a price drop - be my guest I'm getting my preorder to guarantee mine since I"m a fan of the series since the first one was out in the arcades. And I plan on playing my copy on release day with the stick, not waiting half a year or longer "hoping" for a drop.[/QUOTE]

Or you could be like myself, and salvage dedicated MK control panels to mod for your preference.

[quote name='Zero Kyori']Or you could be like myself, and salvage dedicated MK control panels to mod for your preference.[/QUOTE]

wow!

but isn't the new mk changing the button scheme.. (from what i read on wiki earlier) that is, instead of hp,lp and hk,lk it is going to be each of the 4 buttons will correspond to a limb (like tekken). probably right arm attack, left arm attack, left kick attack, right kick attack?

probably make additional artwork to correspond the new mortal kombat buttons to make that the ultimate mk themed stick.

I don't know whats funnier/stupider:

-MK fanboys pulling sales numbers out of their ass
-MK fanboys saying Kollector's Edition will sellout
-MK fanboys saying this will outsell/better product than SF IV

Obviously alot of you guys don't realize MK's been hot garbage for a long minute. Its fun until the novelty wears out. No depth, no strategy, no technique. Plus, MK is in a niche market with a ton of competitors, not just BlueBlaz, SF, Soul Calibur, and Tekken, but other fighting games like SvR, SSMB, EA MMA, UFC, and Fight Night.

Oh, lets not forget it comes out a month after the most anticipated fighting game for this generation's console, Marvel vs Capcom 3. MvC3 is going to break fighting game sales records (expecting 2 millions units sold). I can see MK KE doing 1,000 preorders at best.

Lastly, about the Madcatz TE sticks. People forget this was a very hot item in the Spring 2009, I remember guys on this forum flipping them and making very large profits on ebay. Once SFIv release, those TE and SE sticks sold out like crazy, backordered everywhere, and pretty much gold if you found one. It was a good Jan-June 09 shortage. People had to settle for Harp alternatives and even they were sold out. It wasn't until Madcatz saturated the market, that sales slowed down.

These are pretty interesting editions but not a good deal for me at all, I just remember the SF4 Tournament sticks so damn expensive and overhyped.

[quote name='BargainGamer']These are pretty interesting editions but not a good deal for me at all, I just remember the SF4 Tournament sticks so damn expensive and overhyped.[/QUOTE]

Those sticks met the hype. High Quality Sanwa parts(which are used in the actual arcade cabs.....sticks feel great and are used by the top SF players in the world. Its one of the best sticks i've used so far. the only thing i would change is going to an octogonal gate but thats just personal preference.

I like this stick. The storage compartment is a nice touch and the ability to swap out the HAPP parts easily makes it even better. Im buying the tourney ed because its one game i have been longing for ever since the trailer been released....and hey if the artwork can come off...it will be my next project after my SE stick.

[quote name='sendme']Is GameStop the only one selling the TE and KE of the game? I looked on Amazon.com and saw the game but only the normal one.

Also saw some posts asking about what the game will look and play like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJlru3PoEEE[/QUOTE]

i might pick up the game after that video. isnt it funny how the guy goes for the ps3 by sony..like we didnt know that.

[quote name='finstersucks']Obviously alot of you guys don't realize MK's been hot garbage for a long minute. Its fun until the novelty wears out. No depth, no strategy, no technique.[/QUOTE]Had you made this argument a couple of years ago before SF4's whole philosophy of "fighting games have gotten too complicated" then it would have held true a bit more. Sometimes people just want to sit down and have fun without having to over think things like frame data and just-frames while they play. MK's simplicity can be a strong selling point.

[quote name='finstersucks']I don't know whats funnier/stupider:

-MK fanboys pulling sales numbers out of their ass
-MK fanboys saying Kollector's Edition will sellout
-MK fanboys saying this will outsell/better product than SF IV[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's:

-Pissed off & bitter Capcom slappies that can't stand it when another fighting game gets attention.

It's cute that you think stuff like Smash Bros, Smackdown, and Fight Night will have anything to do with how this game sells. Way to pad a list.

You really think a heavily-hyped, return to form Mortal fucking Kombat won't outsell something like BlazBlue? Hilarious. SF is the only one you listed (that was actually a standard fighting game) that will likely outsell it on any significant level.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Actually, it's:

-Pissed off & bitter Capcom slappies that can't stand it when another fighting game gets attention.

It's cute that you think stuff like Smash Bros, Smackdown, and Fight Night will have anything to do with how this game sells. Way to pad a list.

You really think a heavily-hyped, return to form Mortal fucking Kombat won't outsell BlazBlue and Tekken? Hilarious. SF is the only one you listed (that was actually a standard fighting game) that will likely outsell it.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Marvel vs. Capcom 3..series.

I don't understand what is wrong with MK. If it's going back to its roots its a good thing. That is what made the game so great back in the day. I used to live playing it on my original gameboy in black and white.

bread's done
Back