New! mousin's Free Magazine thread!

Not tested, but i found this promo from Gamefly:
link
As part of signing up for your first month of GameFly between 12/22/06 and 7/10/07, we offer a special one-year subscription to PSM Independent PlayStation Magazine or Official Xbox Magazine. Our 12 FREE issues of PSM and OXM are meant to improve your gaming lifestyle and your GameFly experience. This free gift is valued at up to $29.95.

[quote name='sandrokstar']Not tested, but i found this promo from Gamefly:
link[/quote]

This has been running for a while and does work. I've been receiving PSM free from this.

Hey I just saw this thread, since the posts on the 1st page are old, how do I know which work and which do not work lol

*Edit*
NVM just click right? Geez I'm a fool. What are some good magazines, or what magazines do you guys have? They don't spam you do they?

Can you direct me to a link if the mag you have isn't on the first page? I dunno if I can search 56 pages lol

Freebizmag does spam you...set up a different email and use it for all free offers. They will also send you emails for other magazines that you can receive free.

What does "Offers" mean? I can't just put my info and get free stuff? lol

*Edit*

Can anyone find Importtuner, WWE Magazine, SLAM, a hip hop magazine and any other good magazines?

I'm hoping to sign up for EGM and PCMag (from the links in the first page) when I get my whole address thing sorted.

[quote name='iPod Wizard']Thanks. In for a year.[/quote]
Don't believe me huh. Tell me if you get different results.

*Edit*
Click the Thank You after you enter your info.

[quote name='shaveice']Don't believe me huh. Tell me if you get different results.

*Edit*
Click the Thank You after you enter your info.[/quote]

I haven't Signed up for it I live in Canada so I cant get the offer.

[quote name='Sejad']I haven't Signed up for it I live in Canada so I cant get the offer.[/quote]

There's a trick for Canadians getting the free magazine offers. What you do is sign up using an American Address (I use my parents address because they live in the US, but other people just pick any address) Then all you have to do is go online to the magazines website and change the subscription address to your real Canadian address.

Works every time! :)

I have a question about mercurymagazines.com and freebizmag.com. I was on my way to sign up for Spin magazine. It asks you for job information. So if you want certain magazines to be offered free, do you need to enter the type of job most similar to the magazines you think they would offer for it?

Does that make sense?

[quote name='electronicthroat']I have a question about mercurymagazines.com and freebizmag.com. I was on my way to sign up for Spin magazine. It asks you for job information. So if you want certain magazines to be offered free, do you need to enter the type of job most similar to the magazines you think they would offer for it?

Does that make sense?[/quote]

Yeah, that's basically it. It asks you for job information to make sure you qualify for the offer. It just depends on what jobs they have set up for it.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Yeah, that's basically it. It asks you for job information to make sure you qualify for the offer. It just depends on what jobs they have set up for it.[/quote]

So, It's basically a guessing game. I tried to get a sub to GIANT magazine, but when I put in my job information, all I got was some business marketing magazine. How are all you other guys getting the free SPIN magazine offers and such? Is there a trick to it?

And once you enter your information on freebizmag.com, can you try other offers, or does it already have your job information set in stone? If so, I guess I can't do any of the other offers that come up for freebizmag.com.

i got my EGM subscription up and running again, thanks! also please if anyone can find SLAM or Mens Health or Mens Fitness mags please post, would be greatly appreciated.

[quote name='electronicthroat']So, It's basically a guessing game. I tried to get a sub to GIANT magazine, but when I put in my job information, all I got was some business marketing magazine. How are all you other guys getting the free SPIN magazine offers and such? Is there a trick to it?

And once you enter your information on freebizmag.com, can you try other offers, or does it already have your job information set in stone? If so, I guess I can't do any of the other offers that come up for freebizmag.com.[/quote]

The Giant offer was dead. It really doesn't matter for the most part what you put as your occupation. It used to be that Student/Student was a catch-all, but now it seems like anything in Entertainment, Communications or Computers allows access to the offer. If the magazine you wanted doesn't show up, maybe try a different profession once, but I wouldn't waste too much time, as it usually means it's no longer available to anyone.

You can try as many offers as you want on freebizmag. If the url is different, you can even complete multiple offers for the same magazine. I'm currently getting 5 or 6 magazines from freebizmag offers.

****Edit****
I finally found the thread on SlickDeals that addresses this:
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=108485
Mythbusting Thread : The Truth about Freebizmags (& Mercury Mags too)!

Waterski

http://valuemags.com/freeoffer/waterski.asp

[FONT=Verdana, geneva, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, geneva, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, geneva, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Waterski magazine is edited for avid water skiers of all levels, from novices to experts. Waterski offers a broad area of coverage including ski tips from top skiers, in depth feature articles, medical safety, new products, personality profiles and photography.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

My girlfriend NEEDs a subscription to People. But it's so damn expensive. Cheaper than newstands, though, and she buys sporadic copies that break the bank more than a sub would probably cost. If anyone sees a subscription for this for free or a great deal, let me know.

I made up a fake name for a free sub. Now I'm getting all types of junk mail getting sent to that name. Just let that be a warning.

Personally, I can deal with some spam for free mags.

[quote name='yukine']$116.00 for a subscription? What the fuck?

I thought perhaps you were just being a cheapskate at first. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Oh, I am a cheapass. :)

Still, the price of a sub is cheaper than buying them at the newstand. I should have grabbed her a subscription for Xmas...but that's a lame present for an Xmas present. Practical, reasonable, but saying on Christmas morning that she should start receiving one of her new presents in 6-10 weeks isn't exactly ideal.

looking for gamepro, game informer, and any kind of ps3 mag. i dont mean to sound greedy, its just hard to look through all these posts

Thanks for all the free subscription links guys!

I should have 4 magazines coming to my house within a month to two months. Keep up the good work!

[quote name='p00ndawg']does the maxim one still work?

link to a free maxim subscription would be nice plz.[/quote]

wondering the same thing

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']What's up with the Seed subscription?
Still good?[/quote]

Where is this subscription located at?

Cant wait to get my EGM subscription!

[quote name='BiggWill208']What happens after the sub is over do they keep sending til you cancel, and try to make you pay? if so how to cancel, email?[/quote]

I know with EGM when you get down to your last 4 issues or so they will send about a million notices to renew. If you don't they just stop sending issues.

[quote name='Rainman']is there any xbox magazines for free?[/quote] Not likely. Playstation/Xbox/Nintendo Power almost never give out free mag subs. If you just bout a 360 you get a 3 Mag-Trial Subsciption.

Thanks for more EGM. Even though every month the magazine keeps getting lighter and lighter. I think the last issue was about 90 pages and more than half were ad's.

[quote name='happyorangeman']Thanks for more EGM. Even though every month the magazine keeps getting lighter and lighter. I think the last issue was about 90 pages and more than half were ad's.[/quote]

The sad thing is, I have an issue from 1998. It has hundreds of pages (around 300), the text font is smaller, and they had 4 reviewers for each game. Less ads, too.

The magazine is sure in a sad state.

[quote name='Rozz']The sad thing is, I have an issue from 1998. It has hundreds of pages (around 300), the text font is smaller, and they had 4 reviewers for each game. Less ads, too.

The magazine is sure in a sad state.[/quote]

It'll eventually go digital... I would actually prefer a digital magazine. Paper costs will be negligible for the magazine publishers AND they won't kill anymore trees.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Question here... Lets say I subscribe to the one year membership to EGM. Once it runs out will I get the 13th mag sent to me and then be billed for the subscription?[/quote]
No. I got one of these the last time Joystiq did it, after the twelfth issue, you just don't recieve anymore.

bread's done
Back