New Nintendo Account System Pre-Registration Now Live

dreamer131313

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
New Nintendo Account Pre-Registration Now available

https://accounts.nintendo.com/login?post_login_redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Faccounts.nintendo.com%2F

sign in using your NNID, social media profile, or new account all together.

Also:

People who pre-register will be among the first to be notified about the availability of Miitomo when it launches in March. Nintendo will offer a special Miitomobonus to anyone who signs up for a Nintendo Account between Feb. 17 and launch.

my-nintendo.jpg

Nintendo outlines launch plans for first mobile app Miitomo

Nintendo's first app made exclusively for smart devices, Miitomo, will launch in North America in March for both iOS and Android phones and tablets. Today, Nintendo outlined the steps that fans can take to be among the first to get in on the social fun.

Starting Feb. 17, people will be able to pre-register for Miitomo by signing up for the new Nintendo Account service using their existing email, social media accounts or current Nintendo Network IDs. People who pre-register will be among the first to be notified about the availability of Miitomo when it launches in March. Nintendo will offer a special Miitomobonus to anyone who signs up for a Nintendo Account between Feb. 17 and launch. Miitomo is a social experience that uses Nintendo's Mii characters, which first debuted on the Wii console, to engage friends in a lighthearted and welcoming environment. Users can spark fun conversations and learn more about each other by answering questions such as "What song has been stuck in your head lately?", "Do you believe in aliens?", or even "If you saw a nose hair sticking out of your friend's nose, what would you do?" Users can also easily take and share photos featuring their Mii with the Miifoto feature. Nintendo's new My Nintendo rewards program will launch alongside Miitomo in March, and will be able to connect with the app.

"Miitomo is a uniquely entertaining mobile experience that only Nintendo can deliver," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. "Featuring Mii characters, users will be able to interact with their friends in an entirely new way that transforms communication into a form of play."

Launching alongside Miitomo in March, My Nintendo aims to become much more than a traditional rewards program. It is a more comprehensive service that rewards users for interacting with Nintendo products and services in a variety of ways. Miitomo users with a Nintendo Account will be able to take advantage of My Nintendo to enhance their experience.

Including Miitomo, Nintendo plans to release approximately five smart device applications by the end of March 2017. More information about Miitomo, Nintendo Account and My Nintendo will be available on http://www.nintendo.com in the coming weeks. https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/nr8Ki13MRetye5Ejq2y3320LSWt_1aqQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendo does things differently. Sometimes that's good and sometimes not.

None of the other console platforms have offered any rewards for purchases. Nintendo did for quite awhile with Club Nintendo, with money back gift certificates and also physical/digital rewards. Those were nice benefits for users. Nintendo still isn't charging for online multiplayer either, one of the worst practices in console gaming.

In any case, console bashing is pretty shitty and fanboyish. It's what I expect to see on GameFAQs and NeoGAF, not CAG.
Xbox Live Rewards has been around for quite a while.

F05.jpg

https://miitomo.com/en/

You get bonus unlocks for preregistration. Probably a hat or scarf

Preregister to get an email notification when Miitomo is available. Create a Nintendo Account to preregister and earn My Nintendo Platinum Points!

• My Nintendo Platinum Points are part of the My Nintendo rewards program, a Nintendo Account service that launches at the same time as Miitomo. • My Nintendo points can be redeemed for rewards through My Nintendo. The Nintendo Account User Agreement and the My Nintendo Rewards Program Terms of Service apply. • My Nintendo Platinum Points earned via preregistration will expire 6 months after the launch of My Nintendo. • Preregistration ends at the launch of Miitomo.

Currently locked out of all Nintendo network features on my systems as I forgot my NNID password and had to request a temp to setup an account, I requested a password change once I had done so and not only did I have the no email/late email issue, but none of the verification numbers worked which eventually locked me out.

EDIT: When I finally got things reset, the Nintendo gods somehow made up for it with five free plays in Nintendo Badge Arcade, lol.

I noticed they say it's "free to start", so are they actually going to have paid content on this thing?  Easy pass if so.

Why are people so against paid content?
I'm against paid content for stupid stuff like this. I do pay for paid content when it's something I'm interested in (like the new FE game for instance), or when there is a great value to it.

I love being a beta tester companies don't have to pay for!

"My Nintendo Platinum Points earned via preregistration will expire 6 months after the launch of My Nintendo"

And now they're beta testing my patience

I think some people are making way to much of a deal of a free to start mobile social app.

God forbid a company makes something and lets you use it for free, and god forbid they even reward you for using their free application but expect you to not sit on those rewards in perpetuity.

I mean really? People will complain about anything.

We already know this isn't really a game. Its a quirky social app, it is their gateway to their new ecosystem, and honestly it looks completely geared to the eastern markets.

I think some people are making way to much of a deal of a free to start mobile social app.

God forbid a company makes something and lets you use it for free, and god forbid they even reward you for using their free application but expect you to not sit on those rewards in perpetuity.

We already know this isn't really a game. Its a quirky social app, it is their gateway to their new ecosystem, and honestly it looks completely geared to the eastern markets.
You're free to spend your money on this. I won't be.

well signed up for an account, already looks like they are gonna screw everyone over and not integrate past purchases from systems, looks like this will be a bust again....yeaaaahh....

In any case, console bashing is pretty shitty and fanboyish. It's what I expect to see on GameFAQs and NeoGAF, not CAG.
I don't bash the consoles... I bash the company behind them.

They all have issues, Nintendo just has more issues than the others. (mainly because they refuse/resist to change)

You're free to spend your money on this. I won't be.
The thing is, I won't spend a dime. Their are no costs. We are in the same boat here except I'm gonna gove it a go and you said out without even knowing what IaPs may be.

Hell I don't even know why I am arguing about this, but I felt your dismissiveness was/is silly.

I signed up and it will be interesting to see how their new program works this year. I don't have high hopes, but I'm hoping at least for a unified account / game system. I'd like to use my game saves and Nintendo ID on more than just my original Wii U.

If this is a unified account system that will allow me to EASILY transfer my digital purchases to a NEW 3DS, then I will buy one immediately.  

Also, don't try to register the name "Hot Carl".  It's taken :) 

Is there any benefit of linking FB, twitter, or google+? I can't think of one.

Is there any benefit of linking FB, twitter, or google+? I can't think of one.
not right now no.

But the way the new program is described i wouldnt be surprise if eventually you earn bonus points and etc via link social media sites later on similar to how Disney Movie Rewards and Coca Cola Rewards does it with facebook.

I saw on FB something about platinum points and that you get rewards. I don't have any nintendo accounts ow that CN is gone. Should I just start fresh?

I saw on FB something about platinum points and that you get rewards. I don't have any nintendo accounts ow that CN is gone. Should I just start fresh?
there both platinum and gold points each are good for different things.

Rewards will be separated into two different tiers: Gold Points (received from buying Nintendo games, consoles and digital content), and Platinum points that you'll get from logging into your "My Nintendo" account, playing games on your phone, and other non-transaction based things.

How you earn the points differs, as does how you use them. Platinum points can be exchanged for digital contents (wallpapers, game DLC), while gold points will change into discount vouchers — for buying more Nintendo stuff. Wait, no more Mario caps and frivolous Nintendo toys, a laClub Nintendo? Not quite: Nintendo's investor briefing slides add that you will be able to swap Platinum points for "original goods", mentioned separately to digital swag.

Sweet. Now its time for Nintendo to introduce achievements so I can no life them like I do on Sony consoles
Well they were on record saying they hate Achievements...
BUT In August they registered an Achievement Recording and Sharing technology... hhrrmmm.

I'm against paid content for stupid stuff like this. I do pay for paid content when it's something I'm interested in (like the new FE game for instance), or when there is a great value to it.
Okay.. but you were so opposed to it in this case that you instantly passed on it the moment you found out about it, before hearing any details. And like where you said you pay for what you're interested in, that whole area is subjective, so you can't fairly call it stupid.

I've seen people swear off the Badge Arcade on 3DS and insult people who do like it, just because it has in-app purchases. Despite the fact that I've got hundreds of badges that I didn't pay a penny for. I just don't get it.

Well they were on record saying they hate Achievements...
BUT In August they registered an Achievement Recording and Sharing technology... hhrrmmm.
They might hate them but that's exactly Nintendos problem. They do what the fuck ever they want and ignore everyone who buys or would buy their stuff.

They probably just don't wanna have to check all the shovel ware they pump out to see if it's actually working with their achievement system.

Okay.. but you were so opposed to it in this case that you instantly passed on it the moment you found out about it, before hearing any details. And like where you said you pay for what you're interested in, that whole area is subjective, so you can't fairly call it stupid.

I've seen people swear off the Badge Arcade on 3DS and insult people who do like it, just because it has in-app purchases. Despite the fact that I've got hundreds of badges that I didn't pay a penny for. I just don't get it.
I actually enjoy Badge Arcade and have been tempted to spend money on it, but haven't yet. This (Miitomo) just doesn't look like my cup of tea. I am willing to try to try the free part of it, but will not be partaking in the IAP (based on what the game/app is supposed to be about).

For the record, my comments were referring to Miitomo as it had it's own thread before it was merged into the general new Nintendo account thread.

Couldn't have been easier, took me all of a minute. Now let's just hope this leads to some sort of accomplishments system weather it be stamp or sticker collection or whatever. Adds so much replay value to games & nintendo games would particularly benefit from such a system even if based off the nostalgia factor alone.

Couldn't have been easier, took me all of a minute. Now let's just hope this leads to some sort of accomplishments system weather it be stamp or sticker collection or whatever. Adds so much replay value to games & nintendo games would particularly benefit from such a system even if based off the nostalgia factor alone.
No joke. Could you imagine if they put achievements / trophies / badges / whatever in their 1st party virtual console games. I'd be playing the original Zelda for the millionth time.

Are you new? to Nintendo.

Somehow got a 2nd email with the same verification code in the last hour... weird. edit -disregard, yahoo acting wonky.

I'm not holding my breath that this will be good...  I mean this new service so far doesn't even offer the basics of what Xbox Live did back in 2002 when it launched.   How do they expect to woo gamers of today?  Social media and phone apps centered around mii's and IAP?  I think the window for that kind of stuff was two or three years ago.  Now it's just a novelty to have some phone app or something.  Sure give me free stuff but is it just for digital purchases or are we getting some codes like club Nintendo days for physical purchases?

Does it tie our digital purchases to our accounts or not?  Sick of all this fluff and bullshit from Nintendo. 

They advertise this as an "account unification system" but then are completely ambiguous about the only thing that really matters to customers. 

bread's done
Back