New Nintendo Account System Pre-Registration Now Live

dreamer131313

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
New Nintendo Account Pre-Registration Now available

https://accounts.nintendo.com/login?post_login_redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Faccounts.nintendo.com%2F

sign in using your NNID, social media profile, or new account all together.

Also:

People who pre-register will be among the first to be notified about the availability of Miitomo when it launches in March. Nintendo will offer a special Miitomobonus to anyone who signs up for a Nintendo Account between Feb. 17 and launch.

my-nintendo.jpg

Nintendo outlines launch plans for first mobile app Miitomo

Nintendo's first app made exclusively for smart devices, Miitomo, will launch in North America in March for both iOS and Android phones and tablets. Today, Nintendo outlined the steps that fans can take to be among the first to get in on the social fun.

Starting Feb. 17, people will be able to pre-register for Miitomo by signing up for the new Nintendo Account service using their existing email, social media accounts or current Nintendo Network IDs. People who pre-register will be among the first to be notified about the availability of Miitomo when it launches in March. Nintendo will offer a special Miitomobonus to anyone who signs up for a Nintendo Account between Feb. 17 and launch. Miitomo is a social experience that uses Nintendo's Mii characters, which first debuted on the Wii console, to engage friends in a lighthearted and welcoming environment. Users can spark fun conversations and learn more about each other by answering questions such as "What song has been stuck in your head lately?", "Do you believe in aliens?", or even "If you saw a nose hair sticking out of your friend's nose, what would you do?" Users can also easily take and share photos featuring their Mii with the Miifoto feature. Nintendo's new My Nintendo rewards program will launch alongside Miitomo in March, and will be able to connect with the app.

"Miitomo is a uniquely entertaining mobile experience that only Nintendo can deliver," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. "Featuring Mii characters, users will be able to interact with their friends in an entirely new way that transforms communication into a form of play."

Launching alongside Miitomo in March, My Nintendo aims to become much more than a traditional rewards program. It is a more comprehensive service that rewards users for interacting with Nintendo products and services in a variety of ways. Miitomo users with a Nintendo Account will be able to take advantage of My Nintendo to enhance their experience.

Including Miitomo, Nintendo plans to release approximately five smart device applications by the end of March 2017. More information about Miitomo, Nintendo Account and My Nintendo will be available on http://www.nintendo.com in the coming weeks. https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/nr8Ki13MRetye5Ejq2y3320LSWt_1aqQ

Last edited by a moderator:
I registered using my nintendo ID but have not received the email with the confirmation code. anyone having same issues?
people who had that problem found it in there spam folders and others who had problems and couldnt find it there also had yahoo emails which seem to be a common email provider that been having trouble with getting the verification code.

You can use a different email for your My Nintendo account, then change it later. That's what I had to do.

And I JUST got a ton of confirmation emails. Within one of them is the timestamp 10:56pm yesterday; I got it at 1:30pm today.

fucking Nintendo. Ten years behind everyone else and still using ridiculously dumb names for their products and interfaces. Wii? WiiU? Mii? Miitomo? Just stop.

nope i just did it.
after registering for the new Nintendo account i just clicked the preregister button on the mitomo page that was linked in the op and it was done.
I'm on mobile so it may look different if ur on a PC but to me it says on Miitomo site that preregistration is over

fucking Nintendo. Ten years behind everyone else and still using ridiculously dumb names for their products and interfaces. Wii? WiiU? Mii? Miitomo? Just stop.
well in a way Miitomo actually make sense for the app name since it pretty much a mobile phone version replica of the mii world on wii u and the word Tomo japanese origin is "Twin"

I'm on mobile so it may look different if ur on a PC but to me it says on Miitomo site that preregistration is over
Did it on pc. Was quick and easy on pc.
Looked on my tablet and it has a pre register box if you flip way down to the bottom. It just opened up yesterday for pre registation so try when your near a pc if mobile gives problems for you.

There was a pre registration box nearer the top my tablet cuts off but the one 6 pages down is visible.

Create an account by logging in with an existing account and maybe link some other accounts then go to another site to pre-register so you will know super early that a game came out.

Oh Nintendo.. you rascals.

Damned if they don't, damned if they do. How many gaming companies reward you financially for finishing games?
Not sure if you read everything on this but Nintendo's program doesn't reward you financially for finishing games. The point system is two tier, Gold points and Platinum Points. Gold points are for buying games, systems and digital content. Platinum points are for playing the Phone apps. Platinum points are only being used for wallpapers and game dlc (though there may be an option to get physical goods as well). Gold points are the only ones that get you any thing financial (discount vouchers)... and you don't get those for playing games.

Sony Rewards gives me $$ (PSN credit) or swag for just buying games (and any other sony products), I don't even need to play them. XBox Rewards does something similar. Steam games often have steam cards you unlock by playing games. You can sell the cards for anywhere from a few cents to several dollars (some rare ones even more). So it's not like it's anything new to get financial rewards for playing or buying games... so far though Nintendo doesn't appear to be offering financial rewards for playing games. Which kind of makes sense as you know someone will easily hack these phone apps to get tons of points. It's going to get messy!

Well, MyNintendo is kind of shitty.  I was thinking about buying a NES game that I played as a kid (Gradius) for $4.99 then I noticed that MyNintendo won't give me 10 gold coins for the purchase because it's not $5. 

Also, Nintendo's mobile game doesn't really have a lot of content.

EDIT: I just realized I replied to a 2 month old post.

Gold points are for buying games, systems and digital content. Platinum points are for playing the Phone apps. Platinum points are only being used for wallpapers and game dlc (though there may be an option to get physical goods as well). Gold points are the only ones that get you any thing financial (discount vouchers)... and you don't get those for playing games.
This is incorrect.

Platinum points are also used to purchase games and other rewards. They can be garnered by playing games and visiting Nintendo websites. The list of rewards and coin costs is on MyNintendo.com:

https://my.nintendo.com/rewards

Following are how you (currently) earn coins:

https://my.nintendo.com/missions

Platinum Points - earned via software related activities

Gold Points - earned via purchase activities

Miitomo Points - functionally the same as Platinum Points for the purposes of MyNintendo rewards

Current platinum point games include WarioWare and Twilight Princess Picross (both 3DS games). They are not DLC. In addition, physical games will eventually also award points, similar to the Club Nintendo codes.

I think the pricing is pretty fair. You can get like 35 coins a day and then there are weekly check ins. I just wish you got rewarded for buying physical games. There is a redeem code option thigh so maybe there is still hope they will bring the codes back like club Nintendo did.

Not sure if I should start gathering points hoping for a cool physical reward or if it is a waste of time. Besides WarioWare which I think I owned or own I see nothing I want.

picked up twilight princess picross, as someone who loves picross 3d I figured it would be easy, but I strait up do not really understand 2d picross, regretting the purchase

Well, MyNintendo is kind of shitty. I was thinking about buying a NES game that I played as a kid (Gradius) for $4.99 then I noticed that MyNintendo won't give me 10 gold coins for the purchase because it's not $5.

Also, Nintendo's mobile game doesn't really have a lot of content.
Personally I think they should just give you one gold coin per dollar spent, rounded to the nearest dollar, but that would make too much sense.

Personally I think they should just give you one gold coin per dollar spent, rounded to the nearest dollar, but that would make too much sense.
I always thought the same thing about Microsoft Points (1600 = $20), but hey I guess we don't know WTF we're talking about since we're not part of a multi-billion dollar company.

I always thought the same thing about Microsoft Points (1600 = $20), but hey I guess we don't know WTF we're talking about since we're not part of a multi-billion dollar company.
Well Microsoft did make a teen girl robot and allowed her to learn and respond based on twitter interactions and seemed puzzled when it went horribly awry

let's not give them too much credit

Man this is so much worse than Club Nintendo. Didn't they say they needed to do away with Club Nintendo and come out with something new to unify everything? I guess I'm an idiot, but I took that to mean that we could use the account on multiple 3DS systems not that we could use the account on our phones.

There's no family accounts now, so I have to make a different account for each of my kids' 2DS and my new 3DS. I can't pool points from all the systems in my household so if I buy each of my kids a game, there's not enough points in each account to do anything. The points expire after six months. Points for physical games are gone. Oh, and no more warranty extensions.

But hey, we get coupons worse than GCU and a stupid app we never asked for! What a craptacular system! It makes everything better for Nintendo and nothing better for the users!

Man this is so much worse than Club Nintendo. Didn't they say they needed to do away with Club Nintendo and come out with something new to unify everything? I guess I'm an idiot, but I took that to mean that we could use the account on multiple 3DS systems not that we could use the account on our phones.

There's no family accounts now, so I have to make a different account for each of my kids' 2DS and my new 3DS. I can't pool points from all the systems in my household so if I buy each of my kids a game, there's not enough points in each account to do anything. The points expire after six months. Points for physical games are gone. Oh, and no more warranty extensions.

But hey, we get coupons worse than GCU and a stupid app we never asked for! What a craptacular system! It makes everything better for Nintendo and nothing better for the users!
Bingo. I honestly don't understand how anyone can care about this frivolous Nintendo account nonsense. What a giant waste of time with zero payoff. People just want to own their digital games and their points across multiple devices. Apparently that is too much to ask.

Looking at the Reward system again, it appears the Gold coin system is very similar to the old Club Nintendo with a couple key differences.  You no longer get 5 gold coins for a digital purchase regularly priced $4.99 or under (now you get nothing).  However, it appears as of now you still get the full normal gold coin amount of games on sale as if you bought them at the regular price (just like the original CN).  The other key difference of course is the coins expiring after 6 months.  That's total bullshit and alienates a good number of Nintendo's customers.  A large number of them I assume only buy a few games a year (unlike most CAGs) and will never really have an opportunity to pool their coins into a good prize.

Well Microsoft did make a teen girl robot and allowed her to learn and respond based on twitter interactions and seemed puzzled when it went horribly awry

let's not give them too much credit
I laughed for a solid 20 minutes at that, it was the highlight of my day.

We will see if the new account system will do anything unifying on the new system.  They are not going to make the Wii U and 3DS not be based on the physical system now.  Those systems are either on life support or very old.  Plus they were designed with one system one download in mind.  Who knows if they can even change it without doing something crazy.

I really hope the NX is account based as it has stopped me from buying digital games unless there is no other way to acquire it. (or if it is free or crazy cheap)

So lets see if I got this straight.

1- Platinum points expire 6 months after you redeem them and are used for like the miitomo app right?

2- Gold points expire 6 months after you redeem them and used for buying things on the eshop for wiiu and 3ds? And you only earn gold points from making eshop purchases?

3- They dont do physical rewards anymore like the old club nintendo?

All I want for Christmas is to be able to have my already purchased dlc linked to my account in a fashion to where it will not be a problem to transfer in the future like all other major systems.

Then I would actually give a rat's booty about getting more digital content and games from Nintendo but until they change things for the better with digital content it's pretty pointless mining for coins to get discounts on content that many of us are not very comfortable with buying at the moment

I feel stupid buying the Hyrule Warriors DLC pack the day before My Nintendo launched, but I don't know what I would do with 20 coins anyway I guess.

Started a Miitomo cult and got that Picross game right out of the gate, though.  No one stands between me and more Picross.

I feel stupid buying the Hyrule Warriors DLC pack the day before My Nintendo launched, but I don't know what I would do with 20 coins anyway I guess.

Started a Miitomo cult and got that Picross game right out of the gate, though. No one stands between me and more Picross.
I think I read that DLC doesn't count. That's all I use eshop credit for 😩

Given how easy it is to get coins, I like the new system actually. A free 3DS game every month or two? I don't have a problem with that, especially if they rotate rewards on a regular basis.

Yeah, the coins expire in 6 months. They're also much easier to get.

Aside from that, the site is a lot nicer than the old one. It's not even close. Easy to navigate, easy to read, with everything you need in easy reach. Some of the new features are great as well. When I redeemed a download code and had it remote install to my 3DS, that was a nice surprise.

The old site was a trainwreck and I'm not sad it's gone.

Has anyone redeemed a Humble Bundle code from the nintendo indie bundle and seen if it gave gold coins?
I just redeemed some codes from the Humble Bundle and it didn't give me any gold coins.

The ToS for the program states though:

You can earn "Gold Points" by methods such as purchasing games through the official Nintendo website, the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U eShops (while your Nintendo Network ID is linked to your Nintendo Account), or retailers, by purchasing download codes redeemable for games.

I just redeemed some codes from the Humble Bundle and it didn't give me any gold coins.

The ToS for the program states though:

You can earn "Gold Points" by methods such as purchasing games through the official Nintendo website, the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U eShops (while your Nintendo Network ID is linked to your Nintendo Account), or retailers, by purchasing download codes redeemable for games.
Darn - thanks for trying.

bread's done
Back