New PC Gamer (The last of spyhunter's threads!)

spyhunterk19

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Well I finally pulled the trigger on the EDIT: *Leadtech* 6600 GT card from newegg.com!

It came with doom 3, Splintercell: PT, and Prince of Persia

This is my first serious PC gaming experience, which was limited to casual solitare at most on my old PC :D

Any advice for the new PC gamer?

(Yes this is my last thread about PC gaming for now)

[quote name='spyhunterk19']Well I finally pulled the trigger on the chaintech 6600 GT card from newegg.com!

It came with doom 3, Splintercell: PT, and Prince of Persia

This is my first serious PC gaming experience, which was limited to casual solitare at most on my old PC :D

Any advice for the new PC gamer?

(Yes this is my last thread about PC gaming for now)[/quote]

You're lucky....my computer doesnt even have solitare, i guess solitare is too much for it. Anyways on topic make sure you get HL2.

[quote name='spyhunterk19'][quote name='Scorch']WASD.

You'll understand later ;)[/quote]

Forward left right backwards :whistle2:d I know that much[/quote]

Actually, that's Forward left backwards right. I don't know what weird control you use.

Thats what i meant to say...

One thing I am pissed about is that their is no such thing as a used half life 2....ill have to shell out full for that one.

If a game comes out for all platforms like prince of persia did its sometimes better to invest in the pc version (i.e higher resloution ). sometimes its cheaper also (no spiderman 2 ooooo hideous game on the pc ) and u might wanna brush up on ur unreals and quakes if u plan on fighting online.

pick up both max payne games, NOLF 1 and 2, Unreal Tournament 2004, Medal of Honor: AA, and Battlefield.

also download Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, free and pretty fun.

[quote name='spyhunterk19']Thats what i meant to say...

One thing I am pissed about is that their is no such thing as a used half life 2....ill have to shell out full for that one.[/quote]

I don't see why you couldn't get a used one soon. You just wouldn't get Half-life source or Day of defeat source. BTW, I haven't played HL Source, but I know it has the same gun & character models as the first HL (only the enviroments are better graphics).

[quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='spyhunterk19'][quote name='Scorch']WASD.

Actually, that's Forward left backwards right. I don't know what weird control you use.[/quote]

He was right, you were wrong. WASD is foward, left, right, backwards.

PoP is beautiful on PC. If you're wanting some GREAT games, pick up Max Payne 2 (the mods for it are awesome), Unreal Tournament 2004, and Half-Life 2.

[quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='spyhunterk19']Thats what i meant to say...

One thing I am pissed about is that their is no such thing as a used half life 2....ill have to shell out full for that one.[/quote]

I don't see why you couldn't get a used one soon. You just wouldn't get Half-life source or Day of defeat source. BTW, I haven't played HL Source, but I know it has the same gun & character models as the first HL (only the enviroments are better graphics).[/quote]

HL2 used is about as useful as coaster...the cd key is linked to your steam account...and can't be used again...making the cd's useless.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']pick up both max payne games, NOLF 1 and 2, Unreal Tournament 2004, Medal of Honor: AA, and Battlefield.

also download Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, free and pretty fun.[/quote]

Get Call of Duty & the expansion, forget about MoH:AA. It is basically just an inferior version of CoD.

[quote name='spyhunterk19']I bought NOLF 1 from that eb games sale that was going on[/quote]

make sure you buy the second one as well even if you do not like the first one (since you mentioned you were a graphics whore in another thread earlier, and it is a pretty old game). The second is flat out amazing

[quote name='spyhunterk19'][quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='spyhunterk19']Thats what i meant to say...

I don't see why you couldn't get a used one soon. You just wouldn't get Half-life source or Day of defeat source. BTW, I haven't played HL Source, but I know it has the same gun & character models as the first HL (only the enviroments are better graphics).[/quote]

HL2 used is about as useful as coaster...the cd key is linked to your steam account...and can't be used again...making the cd's useless.[/quote]

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Am I the only one who absolutely HATES using WASD?? I'd always use the directionial arrows, infinitely more comfortable for me. As for game suggestions I can only name some good older games, as my computer has fallen behind lately and can't keep up.

RPG's:
Fallout 1 and 2
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
Planescape Torment
Neverwinter Nights

Simulations:
Roller Coaster Tycoon
Simgolf
Any Sim City's
Afterlife

Adventure:
Grimfandango
Full Throttle
Day of the Tentacle
(pretty much any lucas arts adventure title)
Longest Journey

RTS
C&C Generals
Red Alert
Warcraft 1,2,3
Civ 2,3
Alpha Centuari
Age of Empires
Star Craft

Other:
Worms 2
Worms Armegeddon

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='spyhunterk19']I bought NOLF 1 from that eb games sale that was going on[/quote]

make sure you buy the second one as well even if you do not like the first one (since you mentioned you were a graphics whore in another thread earlier, and it is a pretty old game). The second is flat out amazing[/quote]

Gasp! A graphics whore i am not!

I just got a new pc so i could even play the new games...not solely for graphics

[quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='CaseyRyback']pick up both max payne games, NOLF 1 and 2, Unreal Tournament 2004, Medal of Honor: AA, and Battlefield.

also download Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, free and pretty fun.[/quote]

Get Call of Duty & the expansion, forget about MoH:AA. It is basically just an inferior version of CoD.[/quote]

Considering what I recently picked up MOH for there is no need to forget it since it is still a fun game. Plus Call of Duty is not all that great, fun game, but not as good as people say it is.

BTW, I haven't played HL Source, but I know it has the same gun & character models as the first HL (only the enviroments are better graphics).

Well no shit sherlock, do you know what source means? Source means engine, meaning physics and environment, not new gun and character models.. I don't care what you guys say about HL:Source, it's still fun as hell to pin scientists against the wall with the crossbow.

[quote name='Scorch']
BTW, I haven't played HL Source, but I know it has the same gun & character models as the first HL (only the enviroments are better graphics).

Well no shit sherlock, do you know what source means? Source means engine, meaning physics and environment, not new gun and character models.. I don't care what you guys say about HL:Source, it's still fun as hell to pin scientists against the wall with the crossbow.[/quote]

I wouldn't flame him for that...i alsothough that until i read more online...i believe itsa commmon misconception

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='spyhunterk19'][quote name='Scorch']WASD.

Actually, that's Forward left backwards right. I don't know what weird control you use.[/quote]

He was right, you were wrong. WASD is foward, left, right, backwards.

[/quote]

this shouldn't even be an issue :)
W - foward
A - left
S - backwards
D - right

QWE
ASD

and anyway, it's "wads" :p

If you like RTS games then go for Rise of Nations Gold, Age of Mythology Gold, Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth, and WarCraft 3.

I highly reccomend BF1942. It is a very innovative game, but the mods for it are what makes it worth every penny. For $20 you can't go wrong. I am a very active person in the BF modding community, and I can hook you up with several mods very quickly. I am going to do just this for CaseryBack.

bread's done
Back