New price = pre-owned price at gamestop

Don't be surprised... there are numerous times throughout the year where the preowned price of a game will be MORE expensive then the new cost

Doesn't surprise me. GS does this all the time. Also, they converted all their new copies of Tales of Graces to used. Found this out during the Black Friday buy 2 get 1 free sale.

i remember when lollipop chainsaw went on sale for 20 bucks, and the used copy was still 34.99. The guy at the counter seemed shocked, I guess he didn't know the game went on sale that week yet.

[quote name='GBAstar']Don't be surprised... there are numerous times throughout the year where the preowned price of a game will be MORE expensive then the new cost[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is pretty common. They make more money on used games so they'll often get rid of new copies by discounting them.

Ya, GS isn't like normal retailers.

If you found a copy of MvC2 for the Ps2/Xbox at walmart it'd probably be in the bargain bin for $10, but at GS a used copy would go for eBay prices. (

Damn! I was holding off until after the holidays to pick it up (IIRC they do B2G1 the day after Xmas) so I could get other games I didn't get with it.

On topic though it happens all the time.

Um if you are interested in this I suggest you order the EU verison, you get more content. I got the special edition from Zavii for 41 shipped, with the artbook and stuff. They are out now, but i'm sure you can find it somewhere.

That's one of the games Gamestop converted to used. It's no longer sold by them as new and there's only used copies of it around, but if you're lucky enough you can find a copy that was new before being converted. Any copies at the GS warehouse are sent to stores and put on the shelf as used.

There's a GS converted to used thread in the deals forum that is periodically updated.

bread's done
Back