New PS2 Slims Converted to Used (GS 39.99)

DCpinoy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey everyone, sorry if this is old news. Gamestop has started to convert all their new PS2 Slims to Used (without breaking the seals on it). So that means that it's going for 39.99 now for brand new Slims. YMMV, but it's confirmed in Davis, CA and has been confirmed by another member also. Apparently they just received the email the other day to begin the process. Good luck!

[quote name='blindinglights']Thanks so much to the guy who said they converted new PS2s to used at Gamestop this week. Just picked up a brand new sealed one for $39.99.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheJayxor392']New-to-Used conversions are nationwide and affect every store. Every store receives an e-mail notifying them of the item they have in stock as New that are being converted to Used.

So yes, go trying to find some at a store near you. Since the SKU has been deleted from the systems, you'll have to call every store that has Used Slim PS2s in stock.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gosha']The complete is most likely the NEW transferred to used systems. Look at the stickers on the box too.[/QUOTE]

on my receipt it says complete, so take it with a grain of salt

[quote name='Gosha']The complete is most likely the NEW transferred to used systems. Look at the stickers on the box too.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks...I was mainly looking to buy this for SOCOM II or Combined Assault but I don't know if it's worth buying since the game is almost 9 years old, as well as the Code 9 glitch.

[quote name='pudge343']I saw on the GS site there's two slim models:

PS2 Complete

PS2 Redesign

Does it matter which one?[/QUOTE]
Hmmmm. Every one of my local GS stores has the "Complete" listed as in stock(but limited quantities), including the one that just opened down the road from me. Dare I take a chance their DM is in the store to try and grab one with my soon to expire PUR card?;)

I don't want to promote modding, but the 900001 is much better than the other slim model due to how easy it is to set up with swap discs. All you need to do is jam two pieces of tissue into a couple slots. Great if you are an import gamer.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hmmmm. Every one of my local GS stores has the "Complete" listed as in stock(but limited quantities), including the one that just opened down the road from me. Dare I take a chance their DM is in the store to try and grab one with my soon to expire PUR card?;)[/QUOTE]

haha do it! because i would love to hear the story of the experience, good or bad.

[quote name='DCpinoy']haha do it! because i would love to hear the story of the experience, good or bad.[/QUOTE].
Honestly, I think I woulda been able to convince him to at least let me shop there as a customer if not for the condescending and accusatory tone he took when talking to me the last time I tried getting a deal(penny guides, which he's 'warned' me about trying for:lol:) at one of the stores in his district. So I just had enough and I told him flat out that the reason they banned me was cuz I wasn't a dumbass like 90% of his customer base. He didn't like that too much.:booty:

Some of the 'transgressions' they said made me a bad customer:

*trying for pennied guides/items
*trying to get the MOST for my stuff(like when I traded in a 40gb PS3 and 30 games towards 2 seperate promos, to him it was EITHER/OR and NOT both:roll:)
*accusing me of 'stealing' a Dual Shock 3 by swapping it out for a SixAxis, he even claimed I mentioned doing so here on CAG:roll:

So yeah, I'd love to grab as many items as I possibly could from the stores in his district that may cause a loss for him personally cuz he's a total prickface.

If anyone can still get their hands own another new PS2 Slim, let me know.

$90 in GameStop credit if someone can pick one up for me. Every store near me is sold out, some even of pre-owned systems :/

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']If anyone can still get their hands own another new PS2 Slim, let me know.

$90 in GameStop credit if someone can pick one up for me. Every store near me is sold out, some even of pre-owned systems :/[/QUOTE]

PM'd u

How can you tell if it's new? I guess I could ask the local Gamestop but I don't really trust them and I've had the Phat one for years so I've never owned a Slim.

[quote name='paintball745']I just picked mine up it still had the clear plastic film on the "shiny part". [/QUOTE]

Ah, nevermind then.

[quote name='pudge343']How can you tell if it's new? I guess I could ask the local Gamestop but I don't really trust them and I've had the Phat one for years so I've never owned a Slim.

Ah, nevermind then.[/QUOTE]

For the charcoal slim it should have a white seal of tape.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Would it be a better deal to get one of these (if I can find one) at a gamestop, or the 24.95 one I saw at a Goodwill?[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% sure but I thought that there absolutely no exchanges or refunds on anything at Goodwill/Salvation Army. As everything is sold as-is. But then again I'm not 100% sure what their policies are.

Just bought something a few weeks from Goodwill. Thought about returning the item when I got home. Read receipt all sales final.

If anyone knows their local GameStop still has new PS2s in-stock, I'll toss you a $25 GS gift card in the mail if you PM me the store location.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']If anyone knows their local GameStop still has new PS2s in-stock, I'll toss you a $25 GS gift card in the mail if you PM me the store location.[/QUOTE]

I double checked the store I got mine and they have since sold the other two they had.

[quote name='klimb22']Wasn't there a post a while back that these were being clearanced at Best Buy also? Searched but couldn't find.[/QUOTE]

i think i remember that target had clearanced them off, but i dont remember best buy doing it.

[quote name='DCpinoy']i think i remember that target had clearanced them off, but i dont remember best buy doing it.[/QUOTE]

I saw 2 really beat up ps2s at my best buy like a month ago and they were still $100

[quote name='david12795']wow these are hard to find at GS now.[/QUOTE]
I imagine so, since they were dropped around 2 months ago. So chances are if you didn't drag your ass to the store by now you're pretty much SOL on finding one of the converted ones.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I imagine so, since they were dropped around 2 months ago. So chances are if you didn't drag your ass to the store by now you're pretty much SOL on finding one of the converted ones.[/QUOTE]
I was surprised I found 4 (at 3 different stores) of them the week before last. All regular charcoal black. 1 Toy Story 3 bundle. Bought them all with B:AC, Rage and ME2 trade-in credit. Sold all four on eBay.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I imagine so, since they were dropped around 2 months ago. So chances are if you didn't drag your ass to the store by now you're pretty much SOL on finding one of the converted ones.[/QUOTE]

wow 2 months...time went by fast.

but yeah, i did get them when this thread started. i just got another gift card this week and thought i get another ps2 but no luck :cry:

i shouldve done a return - rebuy a month prior getting my gift card.

[quote name='reicaden']my local gamestop has PS2s... but how do i Know they were "new" at some point? all I can check is the seal Im guessing?[/QUOTE]
The ones we are finding are in the original box with the factory seal intact.

[quote name='Jon Bon']refurbished =/= new[/QUOTE]
Actually the 'refurbished' ones marked with either a 1/23 or 1/24 date on the sticker(up on the top of the sticker someplace on the upper right corner is the date w/ no spaces or slashes) might very well be the converted PStwo slims.

Some stores are very 'by the book' and will gut/destroy whatever they're told to do that to. Obviously these PS2 systems when converted to used would naturally be put into the pre-owned/refurbished boxes you always see their used consoles in.

So if you can't find the ones still in sealed/new boxes, ask to check the date on the sticker of some of the used/refurb boxes.

[quote name='Jon Bon']refurbished =/= new[/QUOTE]

They don't have any "used" ones on the site. So I imagine converted versions would be called refurbished.

This thread should be locked as it's getting endless necromancy for no useful reason other than people wanting to post on an internet forum.

[quote name='RainFall']This thread should be locked as it's getting endless necromancy for no useful reason other than people wanting to post on an internet forum.[/QUOTE]

if you're referring to my post, you do realize that i'm the OP right? i'm asking everyone's opinion about if this should be moved to the wasteland or not. if you're joking or being sarcastic, then i apologize in advance.

[quote name='DCpinoy']if you're referring to my post, you do realize that i'm the OP right? i'm asking everyone's opinion about if this should be moved to the wasteland or not. if you're joking or being sarcastic, then i apologize in advance.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get it either as this thread seems to have been somewhat active (at least weekly) since creation. Next thing you know thread necromancy will be down to two days. :whistle2:?

I know I posted cause I was wondering if they were listed online in some form. But I think I'll just call around. Probably the only way to know.

Not sure how you can call it dead either exactly unless Gamestop jacked the price back up. No way to say they are all gone either.

[quote name='Xerxes']I didn't get it either as this thread seems to have been somewhat active (at least weekly) since creation. Next thing you know thread necromancy will be down to two days. :whistle2:?

I know I posted cause I was wondering if they were listed online in some form. But I think I'll just call around. Probably the only way to know.

Not sure how you can call it dead either exactly unless Gamestop jacked the price back up. No way to say they are all gone either. [/QUOTE]

thanks for the input. guess i'll just leave it as is. it just seems that with it being almost 3 months since the thread started, the chances seem even more slim to find a used "new" PS2.

[quote name='DCpinoy']thanks for the input. guess i'll just leave it as is. it just seems that with it being almost 3 months since the thread started, the chances seem even more slim to find a used "new" PS2.[/QUOTE]

Well my 4 Gamestops in the area is by the books. All put in the Gamestop boxes.

bread's done
Back