New PS3 120GB converted to used prices starting tomorrow 3/23/12 at Gamestop

boneless

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
Similar to the conversion of new ps/2 to used, the older 120GB PS3 are being changed to used prices starting tomorrow. It's on the website as $249.99 so it may drop to the $200-$225 range. Used 120GB models don't show up online at all. I assume the harddrives are self-upgradeable but you'll have to do the research.

damn, an I know a store that has at least 20 of them when I last made a delivery there too bad I didn't forsee this otherwise I might have unloaded some B:AC's to them to get a $100 PS3

[quote name='slidecage']with the ps4 coming next year i can see the ps3 falling to 150 soon enough[/QUOTE]

Source?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']are the 120 models any different from the 160 aside from the hdd?[/QUOTE]

It depends on the model number. 160s run the coolest. Late model 120s run a little warmer and early 120s run the warmest. They all still run cooler than the phats.

[quote name='slidecage']with the ps4 coming next year i can see the ps3 falling to 150 soon enough[/QUOTE]
holy shit, you must read IGN

Dreamcast 2 is also coming this year as well.

screw the ps4 and dreamcast 2, im getting the n-gage 3 next month... yes its so awesome it skipped a whole number.

No way man. The best new system is definitely gonna be the Game Boy Color 2. Nintendo's biggest cash cow ever. It's gonna make them rich. In for 5.

Couldn't help myself. *punches self in face*

So the 120GB are selling for $230 and not that much of a deal unless you want to save $20. I think there's better deals out there like $50 off at BB. This maybe worth it if you've got GS credit and PUR coupons to use. Oh well, maybe next time.

[quote name='boneless']So the 120GB are selling for $230 and not that much of a deal unless you want to save $20. I think there's better deals out there like $50 off at BB. This maybe worth it if you've got GS credit and PUR coupons to use. Oh well, maybe next time.[/QUOTE]

Any details on the $50 off at BB? I can't find anything.

[quote name='akir']GameStop really sells systems $20 less used? lmao that's a shit deal.[/QUOTE]

this is the same company that thinks $5 off for a used game is a great deal.

[quote name='akir']GameStop really sells systems $20 less used? lmao that's a shit deal.[/QUOTE]

Crappy deal no matter how you look at it ($20 off the new price for a used system), you mean to tell me you can't pony up $20 more for a brand new system? Also since the PS3 controllers have built in rechargable batteries that aren't that easily swappable it would do you better to just get yourself a brand new PS3 with a brand new controller as you could be receiving a controller that is close to end-of-life then you would have to spend money to either get the battery replaced or buy a battery for it.

You can save the tax by shopping on Amazon in most states or newegg if you are in NY which is around $20 or nearly $20 on a PS3, thus saving you the $20 you would have saved if you purchased the used system from GS.

Also they sell online-pass games for 47.99 used without the pass, by the time you buy the pass you have saved $2 off the price of a new game. Not to mention a lot of new games can be pre-ordered for 47.99 off newegg or amazon and that includes the online pass.

bread's done
Back