New PS3 console size comparison pictures

With it being bigger, I wonder if the reason why it isn't selling/#1 any more is because the asian market didn't like the size of the console

thanks for the pics.

that's kinda big (read as 'bad'). so we 'may' get a PS3 slim later or what? bet there's a lot of empty space in there!

[quote name='ryanbph']With it being bigger, I wonder if the reason why it isn't selling/#1 any more is because the asian market didn't like the size of the console[/QUOTE]

Or maybe it's not selling because it hasn't been released yet? :roll:

Also, it's not that huge, seeing how the PSU is INSIDE the thing, unlike the brick the xbox needs.

[quote name='evilmax17']

They say that it's an accurately sized model made by Sony.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

:lol:

Sony accurate?!

HAHAHA

[quote name='AFStealth']Or maybe it's not selling because it hasn't been released yet? :roll:

Also, it's not that huge, seeing how the PSU is INSIDE the thing, unlike the brick the xbox needs.[/quote]

REALLY IT ISN'T OUT YET?? I was making a point of an excuse. IE, the xbox didn't sell well in asia due to the size of the machine. IMO, I don't think the system is going to be number 1, and I was making up an excuse for the sony fanboys

[quote name='ryanbph']REALLY IT ISN'T OUT YET?? I was making a point of an excuse. IE, the xbox didn't sell well in asia due to the size of the machine. IMO, I don't think the system is going to be number 1, and I was making up an excuse for the sony fanboys[/QUOTE]

Japan doesn't care about size that much, but they do think smaller is better. The reason the 360 isn't selling isn't because it's huge it's because it's an American product. The reason the PS3 doesn't sell well (if it doesn't) is most likely the games or maybe the price for the fucking thing.

Boring...zzzzzzzzzzz hard to believe the xbox 360 already gegting some games kinda worth buying and the nds having kool games for the nintendo and xbox fanboys nerds still find time to post useless crap like this to flame sony.hahahahaha carry oh!

[quote name='richbastard']Boring...zzzzzzzzzzz hard to believe the xbox 360 already gegting some games kinda worth buying and the nds having kool games for the nintendo and xbox fanboys nerds still find time to post useless crap like this to flame sony.hahahahaha carry oh![/QUOTE]??? You make no sense.

Anything that can be taken as a negative is a flame against the PS3 these days on CAG. There is certainly truth to the fact that CAG is Nintendo biased, but that's because Nintendo has the cheapest console on the market, and the average CAG who posts outside the deal forums didn't start gaming with the PSX, they started with the NES.

The size doesn't bother me a bit, really. I mean, it isn't like it's twice the size of the 360 or something. I worry more about Sony's quality control and how quick they'll drop the price. I won't pay $600 for one. Of course, I haven't paid more than $200 ever for a console.

^ But it has blu-ray!!! Now you just need to spend at least a thousand more for the TV and then maybe find one of the two dozen terrible movies that they make for it.

large-ps3.JPG

From Engadget.

I thought the PS3 was a little bit bigger then that. Still it's pretty big, and I'm sure the powerbrick will be bigger then the 360's powerbrick.

I don't mind the size, but I was hoping they would've scrapped that fugly design for the thing by now

[quote name='Kaijufan']I thought the PS3 was a little bit bigger then that. Still it's pretty big, and I'm sure the powerbrick will be bigger then the 360's powerbrick.[/QUOTE]
Nope, it's built into the system. Part of the reason it's so big.

[quote name='elwood731']Nope, it's built into the system. Part of the reason it's so big.[/QUOTE]
overheating really fast alert

[quote name='furyk']No consoles this generation are winning any beauty contests, that's for sure.[/quote]

I dunno... The 360 isn't too bad on the eyes. I think its the most 'attractive' console to date. Nintendo makes a lot of grey bricks. The PSX was horrendous, but the PS1 was kinda cute. The PS2 looks like a bad Sci-Fi building, but I like it with my clear blue case. All of Sega's consoles were bland.

I'd say the best looking game system would be the PSP and then the 360.

Isn't it odd that they're shipping out wood replicas? Shouldn't they atleast have some kind of actual model working seeing how they need to have about 2 million for a launch thats only 3 months away?

How is it that Microsoft learned from the mistake of the big ugly Xbox and came out with sleek, good looking second attemp, while Sony has gone backwards and designed a butt-ugly console in the ps3?

And as far as the PS3 power supply being internal, is this confirmed? Last I read anything about it, I read that the PS3 would also have a big external power brick.

Im not a fanboy of any one system, but imo, Microsoft and Sony have flip flopped on who has a nice looking, and who has a busted looking console.

[quote name='Kayden']I dunno... The 360 isn't too bad on the eyes. I think its the most 'attractive' console to date. Nintendo makes a lot of grey bricks. The PSX was horrendous, but the PS1 was kinda cute. The PS2 looks like a bad Sci-Fi building, but I like it with my clear blue case. All of Sega's consoles were bland.
[/QUOTE]

The 360 looks like a theraputic seat cushion for someone with hemroids. The only white console I've thought looked nice was the Super Nintendo. As far as best looking console so far, I'd say the GBA SP ranks pretty high on the list.

[quote name='elwood731']Nope, it's built into the system. Part of the reason it's so big.[/quote]
With a built in power supply the PS3 really is going to be a grill.

[quote name='anomynous']overheating really fast alert[/quote]

Are you serious?

I had to turn in my 360 Power Brick the first week cause it would overheat in 15 minutes.

And there have been problems with the Power Bricken over heating alot faster than normal Fan Cooled consoles.

Air cooled is a gamble.

Man, that thing is UGL-Y!

I didn't realize how butt-ugly until now.

I was going to wait until the price came down anyway, maybe now I'll just wait until the redesign too!

I'd say the Wii is the best-looking of the next-gen systems, but not by much. At least the fact it's the smallest of the systems helps its "looks".

[quote name='David85']:rofl:

:lol:

Sony accurate?!

HAHAHA[/QUOTE]

Lol, they'll market it like it's only one cubic inch bigger than the 360 until launchday when everyone who waited in line figures out you need a flatbed and 4 stout men to get the sucker home. Then it will be marketed as low-income housing and small "Kutaragi-villes" will start to form around Best Buys from people who couldn't carry the unit home.

[quote name='richbastard']Boring...zzzzzzzzzzz hard to believe the xbox 360 already gegting some games kinda worth buying and the nds having kool games for the nintendo and xbox fanboys nerds still find time to post useless crap like this to flame sony.hahahahaha carry oh![/quote]

gabagabablahblahgibbajabbadouchebagfarts

[quote name='AFStealth']Also, it's not that huge, seeing how the PSU is INSIDE the thing, unlike the brick the xbox needs.[/QUOTE]

This is pure genious on the part of SONY... cough... sarcasm. Sure SONY might have tested this for months, but watch what the market does when the first report comes out about this burning the entire system. At least if it is external this is the result:

toasted2.jpg

IMAGE TAKEN FROM http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78603&highlight=power+supply

I can't imagine what this would do internally.

[quote name='neudog']This is pure genious on the part of SONY... cough... sarcasm. Sure SONY might have tested this for months, but watch what the market does when the first report comes out about this burning the entire system. At least if it is external this is the result:

toasted2.jpg

IMAGE TAKEN FROM http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78603&highlight=power+supply

I can't imagine what this would do internally.[/QUOTE]
That picture is fake:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1577473&postcount=32

bread's done
Back