New PS3 Hardware Bundles for Black Friday 2011 (Update: Added Harry Potter 3D Bundle)

FatBoyInside

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
Here's an advanced sneak peek of what PS3 goodness to expect during Black Friday 2011 (starting Nov.25th):

[IMG-R=7863]25353[/IMG-R][IMG-R=7863]25354[/IMG-R]
New PS3 Hardware Bundle (Model #CECH-3001A) - $219.99 msrp BUT $199.99 during Black Friday featuring
- 160gb Sony PS3 Slim System w/ Dual Shock 3 controller[$250 value]
- Rachet & Clank : All 4 One Game software [$60 value]
- LittleBigPlanet 2 : Special Edition Game software [$40 value for orig. game + $35 value in bonus content]
- 30-days Playstation PLUS trial membership [Approx. $3-$4 value]

Source: Scream777 at SD

New PS3 "Everybody Dance" Move Bundle (Model #CECH-3001B) Target Stores Exclusive - AVAILABLE NOW - $299.99 featuring
[IMG-R=7863]25821[/IMG-R]- 320gb Sony PS3 Slim System w/ Dual Shock 3 controller
- Everybody Dance Game software
- Move motion controller
- PSEye camera

New PS3 "Harry Potter 3D Movie Pack Bundle (Model #CECH-3001A) - $249.99 featuring
[IMG-R=7863]25831[/IMG-R]- 160gb Sony PS3 Slim System w/ Dual Shock 3 controller
- Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part II Blu-Ray in 2D and 3D
- PSN DLC Vouchers for Harry Potter Movies 1 and 2 (both available in high-definition)
- 30-days Playstation PLUS trial membership

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comparatively, Microsoft is releasing new hardware bundles for this holiday season (reportedly being shipped to retailers NOW!...available at Amazon already)
[IMG-R=7863]25486[/IMG-R]
New XB360 "Family Friendly" Hardware Bundle (MSRP: $399.99) featuring
- Xbox 360 System with a 250 GB HDD
- Kinect Motion Sensor Accessory
- Kinect Adventures Game software
- Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do Game software (via digital download voucher)
- 3-months of Xbox LIVE Gold

New XB360 "Hardcore Gamer" Hardware Bundle (MSRP: $299.99) featuring
- Xbox 360 System with a 250 GB HDD
- Fable III Game software
- Halo : REACH Game software (via digital download voucher)
- 3-months of Xbox LIVE Gold

Source: Major Nelson Blog

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zennacko']If any retailer(hopefully Amazon :D) throws in Uncharted 3 instead of Ratchet & Clank I'm all in for that bundle D:[/QUOTE]

I know LBP 2 isn't with it and it's $50 more because of the 160->320GB difference, but amazon started taking preorders for the Uncharted 3 PS3 bundle

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Hmmm, if there is a sweet GC deal and maybe a lower price, I would most likely be down. That'd be sick! Like a $200 pricetag and $25GC? Count me in![/QUOTE]they reserve weak gc amounts like this for the discounted Wii bundle ie. $135 + $25 gc.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']What would have been cool is just adding in some of those dual packs along with 1 newer game.

I do easily see a store offering UC3 PS3 with the bonus of the UCdual pack though.[/QUOTE] I don't see why they just don't offer dual - trilogy packs from the door. And when UC3 comes out you should be able to buy all 3 games for $100 + DLC for the 1st two. If they did the same for Resistance 1-3, KZ 1-3, Infamous 1-2, LBP 1-2 & Dark Souls 1-2 plus offer the sharpshooter/move with the shooters they would've seen a nice sales boost when each one dropped.

It also wouldn't to kill them to make some truly LE consoles like the GoW3 one that just came out. All these hot exclusives that could easily generated tons of console sales;
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285148

[quote name='Vanillanowah']Is it surprising to anyone else that it doesn't include the Move? I wonder if they'll also make a 299.99 version with Move included, and possibly Sports Champions.[/QUOTE]Sports Champion is being phased out along with the current crop of Move only titles I believe Sports Champions 2 will be coming soon so this will probably be the new bundle that goes along with the TW one until there's another title that can take the spot of TW. If they had offer a heavy rain move bundle that would've sold like crazy when demand was reall high but they dropped the ball.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Also last year after Black Friday is when they had the $100 Gift Card/Credit deals. I'd take $100 in Amazon credit over the bundles any day.[/QUOTE]I've been stacking credit @ BB using their trade in deals to go along with the 5 for $100 deal so even if I get a $250 bundle;
I can knock it down to $150 using the credit & I'll buy it when their offering the $75-$100 gc deals so the value would be $150 minus $75 -$100 which is great to me.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']I know LBP 2 isn't with it and it's $50 more because of the 160->320GB difference, but amazon started taking preorders for the Uncharted 3 PS3 bundle[/QUOTE]

The Uncharted 3 bundle looks cool but this Black Friday Bundle might be going for $250, plus, I'm willing to do a hard drive upgrade right away(to 750GB so I can install many games and download many things :cool: ) so a 320 GB external hard drive might be a little expensive if I'm going to pay $50 for a 320GB hard drive, that said, I think I'll just save the extra 50$ for the Uncharted 3 bundle and buy a decent 750GB HDD for $80 at newegg probably

P.S. I'm really hoping that Amazon does me(us) a favor and throw in some nice game... we've had ratchet and clank last year, now it would be nice if they bundled the Uncharted series (1~3) or even God of War Series (1~3+Origins collection) which would , IMO, be cheaper than the both games supposedly included and would make the gamers happy :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they're throwing in a cheap $25 giftcard
$60 Ratchet A41
$40 LBP2
$35 LBP2 free DLC
$6 for PSN+
$25 GC
$166 savings

In any case those are decent games for a bundle and one of them is only a month old. Better and more recent games than most of the older bundles. Definitely a family/kid's targeted bundle with the Uncharted 3 bundle 320gb available for more serious gamers which may get an added game or $50 giftcard come black friday.

[quote name='Cerebral_One']Maybe they're throwing in a cheap $25 giftcard
$60 Ratchet A41
$40 LBP2
$35 LBP2 free DLC
$6 for PSN+
$25 GC
$166 savings.[/QUOTE]

You're on the right track. Maybe this bundle truly will be $225? That would perfectly add up with the $165 savings. I honestly would be shocked if Sony did that on top of the free games included but they've done some sick BF deals in the past too. I mean no matter how you slice it, $165 in savings is pretty huge

[quote name='FromChaos']I don't care about the bundles, just gimme a ps3 for $200![/QUOTE]

You could just buy this bundle and sell the games. You can easily make $50 between Ratchet and Clank and LBP2 SE.

[quote name='FromChaos']I don't care about the bundles, just gimme a ps3 for $200![/QUOTE]
Hmmm....that sounds like what a lot of us told hhgregg this time last year.:lol: Not sure how many remember that price mistake in their weekly ad. I'm still surprised they honored it.

meh.. its not one of the larger HD ones so i'll pass. Normally i dont need a huge HD, but since the PS3 requires installs for just about every friggin game i really need the 320 gig version. Been almost 5 months now i think taht my ps3 has been dead, blea. I think im biting on the uncharted 3 one.

still it seems the only thing the PS3 does is bundle some games with their systems and thats it. Why not do actual limited edition stuff like Microsoft does?

I think this bundle is average at best. FREE games are better than NO games though. It is surprising that Sony doesn't push their MOVE stuff. Although, I remember last BF that there were a few different bundles. I got the MOVE bundle LAST BF for like $320 or something. I believe MSRP last year was $400. I have a Sony Card, so it cost me nothing if I recall.

[quote name='Kenshindono']meh.. its not one of the larger HD ones so i'll pass. Normally i dont need a huge HD, but since the PS3 requires installs for just about every friggin game i really need the 320 gig version. Been almost 5 months now i think taht my ps3 has been dead, blea. I think im biting on the uncharted 3 one.

still it seems the only thing the PS3 does is bundle some games with their systems and thats it. Why not do actual limited edition stuff like Microsoft does?[/QUOTE]
Why not just buy a cheap laptop hdd and upgrade it on your own rather than hope Sony puts in a bigger one on their systems? You can do that without voiding your factory warranty, ya know.;)

As for just about every game requiring installs, even if a game does require an install I don't keep the install on the hdd after I finish the game. So as long as you delete stuff you're no longer using you shouldn't run out of room unless you have a teeny tiny hdd in the system.:)

[quote name='Tronny']
1254883342591.png

Is funny because is not deal![/QUOTE]

it is if you don't have lbp2 and rnc:a41 and I need a new ps3, i just want the 320.....

[quote name='Kenshindono']meh.. its not one of the larger HD ones so i'll pass. Normally i dont need a huge HD, but since the PS3 requires installs for just about every friggin game i really need the 320 gig version. Been almost 5 months now i think taht my ps3 has been dead, blea. I think im biting on the uncharted 3 one.

still it seems the only thing the PS3 does is bundle some games with their systems and thats it. Why not do actual limited edition stuff like Microsoft does?[/QUOTE]

Much better to just get your own HDD. Put a 750GB on mine and never have to worry about running out of space

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Why not just buy a cheap laptop hdd and upgrade it on your own rather than hope Sony puts in a bigger one on their systems? You can do that without voiding your factory warranty, ya know.;)

As for just about every game requiring installs, even if a game does require an install I don't keep the install on the hdd after I finish the game. So as long as you delete stuff you're no longer using you shouldn't run out of room unless you have a teeny tiny hdd in the system.:)[/QUOTE]

meh thats way too much work, im quite lazy. Im coming from a 40 gig HD, and i was constantly out of room. I screwed it up by manually shutting it off when it froze durring a movie though and it wont read disks. its been dead for months

when the uncharted 3 pack comes out around november i'll probaly get that I guess. its the best one out there from what i can see

[quote name='Kenshindono']meh thats way too much work, im quite lazy. Im coming from a 40 gig HD, and i was constantly out of room. I screwed it up by manually shutting it off when it froze durring a movie though and it wont read disks. its been dead for months

when the uncharted 3 pack comes out around november i'll probaly get that I guess. its the best one out there from what i can see[/QUOTE]
At least you said it. Most folks won't admit to being lazy.;) Plus the screws they use in the PS3's to hold in the HDD assembly tend to get stripped when people try to take them out because I guess they're in there super tight from the factory.

But from what I've read it takes only around 20-30 minutes to swap out the HDD's.

A harddrive swap is so easy. I bought a 40 gig for cheap a while back and after googling the instructions it seriously took me like 15 minutes to back everything up and replace the HD with a 320gig I had gotten cheap off NewEgg.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']A harddrive swap is so easy. I bought a 40 gig for cheap a while back and after googling the instructions it seriously took me like 15 minutes to back everything up and replace the HD with a 320gig I had gotten cheap off NewEgg.[/QUOTE]

It was much easier with the originals. Literally just a swap. With the Slims you have to download the OS on a Flash Drive and install after the swap. I guess it's not that hard, but people have ran into problems and data corruption in the process.

[quote name='62t']Much better to just get your own HDD. Put a 750GB on mine and never have to worry about running out of space[/QUOTE]

That's my point too.And that's why i'll stick with the 160gig and with ~$30-ish more (considering I've saved $50 from the 320 gig version) buy a 750GB HDD. BTW nice to know there is a Zune fan around :cool:

Swapping HDD's are too easy. Takes me less then 5 mins tops to do. Why bother buying a more expensive PS3 when you could do it in less time then it seems? Plenty of YouTube guides to help to incase forget or not sure : )

This isn't a very good deal... I mean you really can get a PS3 for $199 and that should last you till the PS4.. I think?

LBP2 will be $30 any day now, and Ratchet & Clank might not be a good game (doesn't look like it). As for PSN+, not really a deal breaker. I got 30 days from the welcome back program and didn't do much with it.

It's a great deal now, but for Black Friday? I think it should be $199.

[quote name='mjoa123']This isn't a very good deal... I mean you really can get a PS3 for $199 and that should last you till the PS4.. I think?

LBP2 will be $30 any day now, and Ratchet & Clank might not be a good game (doesn't look like it). As for PSN+, not really a deal breaker. I got 30 days from the welcome back program and didn't do much with it.

It's a great deal now, but for Black Friday? I think it should be $199.[/QUOTE]

There's cheap, and then there's stupid

No further comment.

OK i snapped the photos of these bundles at my work and here is what the small print says on the box

** $165 in savings based on MSRP of, Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition, Ratchet And Clank: All4One and Playstation 3 system 160gb.

We run a bunch of other sony boxes but this was the only one to say black friday. Seems with the big amount of bundles we are running they are gearing up for the sales though.

[quote name='scream777']OK i snapped the photos of these bundles at my work and here is what the small print says on the box

** $165 in savings based on MSRP of, Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition, Ratchet And Clank: All4One and Playstation 3 system 160gb.

We run a bunch of other sony boxes but this was the only one to say black friday. Seems with the big amount of bundles we are running they are gearing up for the sales though.[/QUOTE]

So it's spelled steroscopic?

That was an error i caught when we first started running the box. I brought it to our quality dpt attention and they contacted sony about it. The design was from sony we just printed what they send us.
Sony said they didnt want to pay for another set of boxes to just let it go.
Pretty crazy.

So yes it is sterEoscopic

[quote name='scream777']OK i snapped the photos of these bundles at my work and here is what the small print says on the box

We run a bunch of other sony boxes but this was the only one to say black friday. Seems with the big amount of bundles we are running they are gearing up for the sales though.[/QUOTE]

So if true, wouldn't that confirm that it'll be less than $249.99? If not they probably wouldn't mention that part of the savings comes from the MSRP for the 160GB model.

So let's see:

R&C = $60
LBP2 SE = $40 (I still can't see them selling it for more than the current since that would negate part of the advertised savings)
LBP2 SE DLC savings = $35

Total: 135.

So that leaves $30 unaccounted for, which could mean the price of the bundle is $219.99

where did you see that the msrp of lbp2 is $40?
i googled it and found it for $59.99. Says a rls date of november 15th.
Still doesnt quite add up

I don't mean to doubt you so much but I still find the deal hard to believe. It just seems odd that we wouldn't know about an LBP2 SE yet. I mean, we're about a month and and 2 weeks away from Black Friday, don't you think Sony/MM would have announced that game already? LBP2 is a huge franchise, it's not something they just throw out there with no advance warning. Plus the savings just don't add up unless the PS3 is $220 and that would be pretty crazy of Sony to do. And then on top of all those questions, there's the spelling for Stereoscopic.

[quote name='scream777']where did you see that the msrp of lbp2 is $40?
i googled it and found it for $59.99. Says a rls date of november 15th.
Still doesnt quite add up[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about the current game that's out now. It's MSRP is $39.99. My assumption is, if they priced it at $59.99, $20 more than the current standard version, how can they possibly say it has $35 of savings? Unless it includes $55 worth of DLC, it truly would only be saving you $15 VS buying the original version and DLC separately. Thus I have to assume they aren't charging more for it.

Can you link to the page that shows the November 15th release date? That could be a confirmation of the SE

Edit: Did some snooping and found this page: http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8614832

Its Ok to doubt i agree that i would love some other games instead. i can take some more pics tomorrow if it would help your doubt!
They ordered well over 500k boxes. just finished doing a Everybody dance ps3 bundle with a 320 hdd.

Okay finding more signs of the LBP2 SE, and sadly it does look like it will be $60, which as I said above doesn't make sense. I'm really surprised that an SE for a major game, coming out in a month hasn't be announced by Sony yet.

Sony's Product id/sku is 98372, google that and you should find a few of other sites listing it

Here's J&R's page: http://www.jr.com/playstation-3/pe/PS3_98372/

OKay so new maths:

Ratchet - $60
LBP2 SE - $60 :bomb:
LBP2 DLC "savings" - $35

Total: $155. Meaning the PS3 could be $239.99 OR they just didn't mention the value of Playstation Plus in that savings calculation, and they're valuing it at $10, thus it will be $249.99

Thanks for sharing scream, and sure the more pics the better.

Alright i will snap some more pics tomorrow and up them when i get off. Took the pics with my old ass iphone 3G hah. Just got a 4 so better pics are coming.

Best Buy's website has a TiV listed for a Little Big Planet Special Edition (but no box art pictured, yet), so let that be further proof.

[quote name='mjoa123']This isn't a very good deal... I mean you really can get a PS3 for $199 and that should last you till the PS4.. I think?

It's a great deal now, but for Black Friday? I think it should be $199.[/QUOTE]
You got jumped on a little but I somewhat agree. It definitely is a good deal, but not the strongest Black Friday deal. I think theres going to be at least one other bundle (as there always seems to be for BF) from other retailers with different games and I'm hoping those games are more appealing to me. No way you'll find a straight $199 price though. They just havent really done that in the past and I doubt they'd start now.

[quote name='countrygamer']Swapping HDD's are too easy. Takes me less then 5 mins tops to do. Why bother buying a more expensive PS3 when you could do it in less time then it seems? Plenty of YouTube guides to help to incase forget or not sure : )[/QUOTE]

Sometimes it is better to get the larger HDD version. I picked up the 320 gb Infamous 2 bundle and then sold Infamous 2 and only paid $18 more than the 160 gb. 320 gb is more than enough for me. I don't know what people fill their 500-750 gb drives up with.

I don't know why it wouldn't be $250. I got the Black Friday bundle a few years ago where it was the PS3 slim with Batman: Arkham Asylum, inFamous, and the Dark Knight bluray and it was $299 - same as the regular PS3 back then.

I'm interested in whats inside the lbp2 special edtion ! Im almost positive it will be the move pack $9.99 what what would the other $25 stuff be ? maybe toy story costume n level kit?

[quote name='ssjmichael']see 3 posts up[/QUOTE]

Oops, missed your post. I guess we both found the only real reference to it on Google :p I'll probably pick it up when it hits $30 :)

bread's done
Back