(New) Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song (PS2) - $19.99 at Gamestop.com

Thanks

Yay.. keep the price falling down $10 then i'll pickup, lolz......Finally, its gone down $20 ...what i am waiting for !!

Also, don't forget "FREE 3 days shipping" when u purchase this game!

3dayROSAGA

Does anyone actually like these SaGa games? Seriously. Do the Japanese like these games? The SaGa series is the reason why I am worried about the next real Final Fantasy...

[quote name='lurknomore']Does anyone actually like these SaGa games? Seriously. Do the Japanese like these games? The SaGa series is the reason why I am worried about the next real Final Fantasy...[/QUOTE]
The series is a hit in Japan. You shouldn't worry about Saga series affect FF series because those two series are two separate projects with different audiences in mind.
It's just gamers' taste in the West different from gamer's in the East. I actually like these Saga games. Same goes for Dragon Quest series. It's more popular than FF in Japan.

[quote name='lurknomore']Does anyone actually like these SaGa games? Seriously. Do the Japanese like these games? The SaGa series is the reason why I am worried about the next real Final Fantasy...[/QUOTE]

I absolutely loved the first SaGa game, i beat it with all the characters and got all the endings, it was an awesome game, but I have barely played the second and it seemed kind of boring.

Hmmm... unsure about this. I did not enjoy the last Unlimited Saga game on PS2. The game got lukewarm reviews on Playstation magazine noting that the heads on the characters looked "creepy". Maybe there's a reason it dropped down to $20 so fast. I really wanted to like Unlimited Saga but it was just no fun at all. If there's a slot machine like wheel in combat, I won't play this one.

[quote name='TheRock88']http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=281266

That was a pretty fast drop. It got mediocre reviews but it's down to $20 now if anyone was interested in the game.[/QUOTE]The game is actually good; however, it will NOT appeal to very many people, since it's very non-linear. Many reviewers still look at the series as a Final Fantasy game, which the SaGa series is far from, then it gets a bad review. The game got much higher review scores in Japan, since the series is very well liked there. The RPG sites though, gave the game a better score.

Well, I paid $40 for it and it was definitely worth it. Anyone who is a SaGa fan, should get it. The game is definitely WAY better than Unlimited SaGa, since there are many tutorials to help you out, the battle system is more even, there's a strategy guide, and so on.
[quote name='brianmoy']Hmmm... unsure about this. I did not enjoy the last Unlimited Saga game on PS2. The game got lukewarm reviews on Playstation magazine noting that the heads on the characters looked "creepy". Maybe there's a reason it dropped down to $20 so fast. I really wanted to like Unlimited Saga but it was just no fun at all. If there's a slot machine like wheel in combat, I won't play this one.[/QUOTE]It's a remake of Romancing SaGa on SNES. The game has no slot machines, just more of a traditional RPG game. If you liked SaGa Frontier, there's a guarntee you'll probably like Romancing SaGa. Even Square Enix admitted themselves that they messed up a little with Unlimited SaGa, but kept re-assuring Romancing SaGa is much better than that game.

FREESHIPALL still works for me got total for 19.99

should get here in time for xmas 5-10 days probally delivery dec 11-18

i almost just got this game used for 33

i probally wont play it i will just keep it sealed until i get a chance to play a used copy

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']goddamn me for buying this during TRU's b2g1[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing not knowing that it would drop so fast. :cry:

[quote name='eldad9']Are you buying it as an investment, or is owning it sealed worth $19.99 to you?[/QUOTE]

im buying it just to buy it.. so i dont have to search for it 6 months from now.

[quote name='slidecage']im buying it just to buy it.. so i dont have to search for it 6 months from now.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, that still doesn't make sense. Why would you search for it 6 months from now? Do you intend to play it then (or later)?

I bought it at the TRU sale and I'm happy just popping it in from time to time just to listen to Minuet. I also love the art style, though I'm one of those that likes cel shading and the artistic freedom it can allow...

[quote name='eldad9']Sorry, that still doesn't make sense. Why would you search for it 6 months from now? Do you intend to play it then (or later)?[/QUOTE]

i plan on playing it. Just dont know when... i got dragon quest 8 then the Mario partners in crime and Sulk 4 i have to play before i get to a 4th rpg started

[quote name='Dkellar']Anybody know if this is B&M too?[/QUOTE]

it is. the two Gamestops I visited over the weekend both had new copies marked 19.99.

[quote name='asianxcore']it is. the two Gamestops I visited over the weekend both had new copies marked 19.99.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed, saw my Gamestop marked it down too.

[quote name='nikkai']Ugly ugly game...

No direction in storyline (if there is one)

Can someone please convince me to buy it? =)[/QUOTE]

The review I linked to should convince you not to buy it (and actually, to stop playing it if you already started).

[quote name='eldad9']The review I linked to should convince you not to buy it (and actually, to stop playing it if you already started).[/QUOTE]

The review you linked to comes off as pompous, overbearing, and pretentious...it's very hard to follow....he also spends more time talking about SaGa [GB] than the actual game..

I'm not buying it, mostly because I've never played a SaGa game, but people have admitted that it is much better than "Unlimited"

[quote name='brianmoy']Hmmm... unsure about this. I did not enjoy the last Unlimited Saga game on PS2. The game got lukewarm reviews on Playstation magazine noting that the heads on the characters looked "creepy". Maybe there's a reason it dropped down to $20 so fast. I really wanted to like Unlimited Saga but it was just no fun at all. If there's a slot machine like wheel in combat, I won't play this one.[/QUOTE]

I think the battle system was a fairly cool idea just badly executed, you get NO fucking time to combo up or anything, least at the beginning which is why I quit. For a similar battle system I'm sure "Vagrant Story" does better.

Ever since I read this review, I've been interested in the game. I only hesitate to buy it now because I have several RPGs that I haven't even started yet.

bread's done
Back