New ScummVM release supports Sierra adventures!!!

Already ordered Season one... hve not had time to get through it all.... but now that the CD is so close to being shipped I am just going to wait till it comes in..

There are some other decent adventures that were recently released as well. Runaway, Al Emmo, Tony Tough (I am a fan of halloween themes).

[quote name='RollingSkull']By the way, all you LA Adventure game fans are total phailures if you don't by Sam and Max Season 1.[/quote]

Ordered Season 1 the day it became available (not on GameTap, though) and ordered the DVD as soon as Telltale announced preorders. Loved the Season as well.

Tybee: S&M gets my love plenty. DOTT is better in some regards as far as I'm concerned, but the last thing I'm looking for is yet another apples/oranges argument.

[quote name='RollingSkull']By the way, all you LA Adventure game fans are total phailures if you don't by Sam and Max Season 1.[/quote]

Planning on it. Hope it runs on my sorry-ass computer.

Tybee, try the demo. You don't need a GREAT computer, but one that can imagine running HL2 would help. High graphics S&M chugs (!!) on my machine, but it runs fine in low graphics.

Might be that I'm running Windowed that slows it down a bit, too.

I just got SCUMM since it supports AGI games now. I hope that one day it'll support SCI games. I got the pocket pc build and loaded it with LeChuck's Revenge, Loom, and Indiana Jones.

You know... I never would have suspected that CAG had this many people who would not mind spending gameplay time picking up items and using them on things. I assumed that every gaming forum is all about shooting aliens and looking at titties.

[quote name='MarioColbert']You know... I never would have suspected that CAG had this many people who would not mind spending gameplay time picking up items and using them on things. I assumed that every gaming forum is all about shooting aliens and looking at titties.[/quote]

I realize I'm probably the exception here, not the rule, but PC adventure games (specifically LucasArts) are, and will always be my favorite games. I had an Intellivision growing up, and an NES, and a host of Game Boys, and I played SNES at my friend's house almost every other day, and I have very fond memories of all those systems. But I have the deepest emotional connection to Guybrush, Indy, Sam and Max, et al.

That's why it's such an interesting convergence playing these games on my DS. And it looks like we're getting more and more adventure games on the DS and the Wii.

You know... I never would have suspected that CAG had this many people who would not mind spending gameplay time picking up items and using them on things. I assumed that every gaming forum is all about shooting aliens and looking at titties.

Somewhat obliquely related...

"Hey guys, I found this great game. Its about killing things and taking their stuff! It's called Grottos and Gremlins!"

-- Nameless Jock from Bully.

*Grottos and Gremlins is Bully's version of Dungeons and Dragons.

Tybee: As I said, you're not the only "exception" here.

I think the main reason why I don't get nearly as upset about all the "bad news" from E3 2007 is my thick skin gained over the Sierra's "It's 1999: Everyone's Fired. Offices Closed." announcement, and LucasArts Gaming division falling apart. I was much younger, much more hot blooded, and way more upset. Kids these days see WiiFit and freak out. They hadn't seen "no more Mario games - ever" announcement. And I think they should, just to see what that shit feels like.

These days I have to fight the urge to send fan mail to TellTale and DoubleFine every damn day, because they have not the slightest idea what their titles mean to me.

Wow. I've been playing some ScummVM. Unfortunately, it isn't with many of the Lucasarts games. I've been playing The Legend of Kyrandia: Book One, and damn am I hooked. I'll probably fully start LeChuck's Revenge after I beat The Legend of Kyrandia.

The Hand of Fate (2nd Legend of Kyrandia) is incredible.

My favorite of the series, although Malcolm's Revenge was great as well.

[quote name='MarioColbert']The Hand of Fate (2nd Legend of Kyrandia) is incredible.

My favorite of the series, although Malcolm's Revenge was great as well.[/quote]

Malcolm's Revenge is the only one I've played it was decent but I don't remember a lot about it.

bread's done
Back