New Shipments of Prepack Games should be in Blockbuster stores. LOTS of good

schuerm26

CAGiversary!
Feedback
122 (99%)
PREPACK GAMES ARE DISC ONLY IN CLEAR CASES (possibly black as posted below I guess). I have never seen them in anything but Clear cases. They will all be labeled $6.99, $1.99 or $2.99

If this is posted already just move it to the Blockbuster thread, but figured if people hadn't seen it, the sale is definitely worth it.

I went to about 8 GameRush stores today and I would say 5 had Brand new shipments of the PrePack games. These are the ones in the clear cases that are disc only. Some of the stores still had the games in their original shipping boxes that they let me search through. So they must just have gotten them in.

I ONLY FOUND THEM AT GAMERUSHES. I HAVE NO CLUE IF THAT IS TRUE FOR ALL AREAS!! CALL YOUR LOCAL BLOCKBUSTERS!!!

It is probably best to call and ask if they got a new shipment of them in, so you can drive directly to one. The employee will DEFINITELY know if they got them. All the ones that had them literally had row after row of these cases in their own display rack.

360 Games are $6.99
PS2 Games are $2.99
XBOX Games are $1.99

The 5 stores ALL had those ones. Only 1 store I went to had Wii Games and they only had a couple of them. They were $6.99 also.

I personally got (let me state that they had TONS more than just what I purchased. Especially for PS2 and XBOX. They had LOTS of good PS2 and XBOX games)

360:
Gears of War
Halo 3 for
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Need For Speed Most Wanted
Mercenaries 2
Soul Calibur IV
Ace Combat 6
Condemned 2
Cars MaterNational
GTA IV
Assassins Creed

Im going to edit as I look get the games out:

PS2:
Rogue Galaxy
Valkyrie Profile 2
Suikoden IV
Colosseum Road To Freedom
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones
Yakuza
Radiata Stories
Resident Evil Outbreak 1 and 2
FFVII Dirge of Cerberus
Shadow Hearts From The New World
God of War ii
Capcom Fighting Evolution

XBOX
Halo 2
Blazing Angels
Conker Live Reloaded
Star Wars Republic Commando
Knights of The Old Republic
Sid Meier's Pirates

The ONLY Blockbusters I found these at were the GameRush BB's. I went to a couple without Gamerush in them and they didn't have any of the PrePack games.

For KANSAS CITY FOLK:

The Stores I went to that had them were:

The 2 in Lee's Summit (by Walmart and the one by Hyvee and Goodwill)
The 2 in Blue Springs (south of I-70 at exit 20 and North of I-70 at exit 20)
The 1 in Liberty (I think it is the only one. By Sonic)

The stores that didn't were:

The 2 BB with Gamerushes in Independence (sterling and lee's summit rd)
The BB on N. Oak Trafficway (just south of Barry Rd)
The BB on Barry Road right off of I-29
The BB on 64th Street of I-29

The 2 in Lees Summit had TONS of these games. The one by Walmart had about 4 Call of Duty 4 left as of this afternoon. The one in Liberty had the Halo 3's. They had about 4 left as of this afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crunchewy']IO does not update the OP title of the official thread much, so deals there can go unfound by many. schuerm26 couldn't update the official BBV thread OP title, nor can anyone else as far as I know (or if they could, they didn't), so this thread is a reasonable option for putting the info out there for fellow CAGs. If IO updates the OP title of the BBV thread, then this thread could be considered redundant.[/QUOTE]

The whole thing is ridiculous.

Why do Gamestop deals have seperate threads?
Why do Amazon deals have seperate threads?

Obviously they have more deals than Blockbuster, but it isn't like BB never has deals. They have them quite often.

The idea of having all deals posted in to 1 thread is a bit absurd. Nobody can tell when a new deal is posted or if it is just people posting for the heck of it.

I had absolutely no clue that there were new prepacked games at Blockbuster until I decided to stop at one that was about 30 miles from my house. I guarantee you MANY MANY people on this site are the exact same. The stores closest to my house don't have the prepack games. If I wasn't in the area I was in I never would have found out about this deal.

Went to the Blockbuster in Charlotte, NC (University Area, with a GameRush) and they had several Xbox 360 games. COD 4, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, GTA IV, Orange Box, Army of Two, Bully, and Burnout Paradise were some of the notable ones off the top of my head.

Anyone had any luck at regular BBV (without GameRush).

Store #1
Noland Road/40 Hwy (Independence, MO) Will Not & Never carry any clearance game w/o cover art

Store #2
291/23rd Lees Summit (Independence, MO) Ton PS2 and XBOX games. few copy GTA 4 (360). I end up got Dynasty Warriors 4 (XBOX) and Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (XBOX) $2 Each :)

Store #3
291 HWY/Tudor (Lees Summit, MO) Tons PS2/XBOX games and lot 360 games. End up picked up Darkwatch (XBOX), Indigo P (XBOX) and Kung Fu Panda (PS2).

Store #4
291/24 HWY (Independence, MO) Almost nothing :(

Good Luck Hunting my CAG's in Independence :)

[quote name='Masterkyo']Store #1
Noland Road/40 Hwy (Independence, MO) Will Not & Never carry any clearance game w/o cover art

Store #2
291/23rd Lees Summit (Independence, MO) Ton PS2 and XBOX games. few copy GTA 4 (360). I end up got Dynasty Warriors 4 (XBOX) and Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (XBOX) $2 Each :)

Store #3
291 HWY/Tudor (Lees Summit, MO) Tons PS2/XBOX games and lot 360 games. End up picked up Darkwatch (XBOX), Indigo P (XBOX) and Kung Fu Panda (PS2).

Store #4
291/24 HWY (Independence, MO) Almost nothing :(

Good Luck Hunting my CAG's in Independence :)[/QUOTE]

Kansas City people. Hit the GameRush stores on the Kansas side and let us know. The Northland literally has none except for the Liberty store. Platte City is a franchise also so they wouldn't have anything. Im going to check the 435 and Antioch store tomorrow morning (non-gamerush) and also the Vivion Rd store by the old Antioch Mall tomorrow. Ill post results if nobody else checks them tonight.

Please keep posting deals OP, don't let some wanna be mods/forum police ruin it for us. I, like many others here, don't check some of the big threads often. They end up being very confusing/full of information that has long since been viable. This thread was news to me and I ran out to find some games near me, only two were doing 1, only 1 was a GameRush. I did get a nice score at a GR store:

XBOX 360
WWE Smackdown 2008
Halo 3
Grand Theft Auto 4
Halo 3
Need for Speed Pro Street
WWE Smackdown 2008
Grand Theft Auto 4
Naruto Rise of a Ninja

PS2:
Guitar Hero 3
Guitar Hero World Tour
God of War 2
Guitar Hero 3
Guitar Hero World Tour

[quote name='LegolasFett']Please keep posting deals OP, don't let some wanna be mods/forum police ruin it for us. I, like many others here, don't check some of the big threads often. They end up being very confusing/full of information that has long since been viable. This thread was news to me and I ran out to find some games near me, only two were doing 1, only 1 was a GameRush. I did get a nice score at a GR store:

XBOX 360
WWE Smackdown 2008
Halo 3
Grand Theft Auto 4
Halo 3
WWE Smackdown 2008
Grand Theft Auto 4
Naruto Rise of a Ninja

PS2:
Guitar Hero 3
Guitar Hero World Tour
God of War 2
Guitar Hero 3
Guitar Hero World Tour[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the comment. I am constantly on this site and had no idea about the new prepack games until today. Glad to see people that didn't know about it also getting some serious deals.

Please close this thread! I'm stupid! I'm stupid! I'M STUUUUUUUUUPIIIID

I think it was a good idea that this was posted seperately from the BB thread. Not sure why people think it's a show of disrespect toward IO. On that note, if anyone posts seperate threads for Target deals, I will kill them because I'm stupid, stupid, stuuuuuuuuuuuuupiiiiid

so again, for clarification...Only BBV with the attached game stores??? That sucks, I am in Connecticut, and we don't have any of those.

[quote name='dallascowboys']Yeah, allen is pretty far for me. I've called all the blockbusters near me and none of them even know what I'm talking about. One of the one's near me did do the sale a few months ago, but they haven't gotten any new ones in.[/QUOTE]

I am going to try Denton this saturday and I will see what I can find.

The only 2 games I want are Conker and COD 4.

[quote name='au7oma7ic']so again, for clarification...Only BBV with the attached game stores??? That sucks, I am in Connecticut, and we don't have any of those.[/QUOTE]

Not 100% sure. That is how it was for me. Best bet is to go on the website. Look up the stores around you and call them.

This site doesn't move fast enough to warrant keeping all deals in store-specific threads.
There's no gamerushes I am aware of where I live, but I hope the decently-sized BBV in the area gets a shipment

It's funny how bent out of shape people got over this. Really the only time I've ever wanted to scream "GET A LIFE" at my computer. Already knew about the deal from the BB thread (though that's on life support right now) I appreciate a thread just for this. I know it's been long and settled but to anyone who had a problem with this: really?! REALLY?!
your tears are delicious

man, this sucks that my bbv arent getting any of these. Was hoping to round a collection of past cheap games I wanted and trade some in for the extra 10 dollar at gamestop. You know get enough credit for infamous and batman.

Even if shrike hadn't already addressed the issue, I'd still be posting the following:

This thread being independant of the BBGR thread is fine, and will stand as is. Any further complaining do accomplish nothing productive. So if you have nothing SALE-WISE to contribute, DONT.

Hugs and Kisses,
gwen

Don't bother calling, unless the store is really far and you have no other choice but to call first.

I've walked into a few stand-alone BBV's, walked to the employees and asked the question straight up about these games and they have no clue what I'm talking about "we never got any of those..." then I browse the store for a few minutes and come across a whole wall full of the POG's.

So your best bet is to just go and look.

I can see this becoming like a TRU clearance or something, where everyone starts requesting games once they find out none are near them.

No luck at the 5 BBV I went to in Orange County, CA. Only saw a few Ps2 POGs at one store but not nothing else. For any other OC CAGs, the 5 stores I went to were the 2 on Alton in Irvine, 2 on Brookhurst in Fountain Valley/Westminster and 1 on Jamboree in Tustin.

Went to one and there was nothing. I was looking for PS2 games...There were was one box unopened behind the counter marked 5/29 but IDK what could mean. The rest of the boxes were empty. They were also just finishing up rearranging the store from the looks of it.

Let's at least clean up the title.

For those keeping score, the sale starts TOMORROW and runs through MONDAY. Anyone getting the store to sell them early is YMMV.

There's a pair of nearby Gamerush stores that I'm going to try and hit up.

[quote name='JJSP']Let's at least clean up the title.

For those keeping score, the sale starts TOMORROW and runs through MONDAY. Anyone getting the store to sell them early is YMMV.

There's a pair of nearby Gamerush stores that I'm going to try and hit up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll try again saturday probably.

[quote name='au7oma7ic']so again, for clarification...Only BBV with the attached game stores??? That sucks, I am in Connecticut, and we don't have any of those.[/QUOTE]

It's not just GameRush Blockbusters! I just scored a few at my local Blockbuster (COD4, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Halo 3 for 360; Black, Psychonauts and Halo 2 for the Xbox). They were in the middle of putting them out at around 7pm. There are no GameRush stores in my state, so maybe that's why?

If anyone has any luck at the regular BBs in NYC PM me. I know there are a couple of Game Rushs in SI but it is not worth the treck

[quote name='CaptPete']It's not just GameRush Blockbusters! I just scored a few at my local Blockbuster (COD4, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Halo 3 for 360; Black, Psychonauts and Halo 2 for the Xbox). They were in the middle of putting them out at around 7pm. There are no GameRush stores in my state, so maybe that's why?[/QUOTE]

I am willing to bet it is corporate-run stores only, though. All of the stores anywhere near me are franchises.

[quote name='ferant316']Pardon my ignorance; how does one know whether a store is franchise or not?[/QUOTE]

The receipt says "BLOCKBUSTER FRANCHISEE".

Great idea! We really do need a completely rumour-free BB thread that bears absolutely no mention of their forthcoming and inevitable BANKRUPTCY. If we bury the old thread deep enough, they'll be nothing stopping the casual BB shoppers on this board from hoarding store credit and buying BB giftcards for future purposes! Maybe they'll even pre-order some holiday releases while they're at it! Then come next year, all us BB thread regulars can have a little laugh over the poor schmoes who only visited the flashy BB deal threads like this and lost all their money. So remember: THE WORD IS MUM ON BANKRUPTCY!!!

Oh wait....

Damnit.

[quote name='woof321']Found Halo 3 and Oblivion at a non-gamerush store in Tucson (no gamerush's in area).[/QUOTE]

where in tucson? did they have any ps3 games?

[quote name='hybxero']No luck at the 5 BBV I went to in Orange County, CA. Only saw a few Ps2 POGs at one store but not nothing else. For any other OC CAGs, the 5 stores I went to were the 2 on Alton in Irvine, 2 on Brookhurst in Fountain Valley/Westminster and 1 on Jamboree in Tustin.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up, wish I had seen it before I went to the one in Tustin just now. I visited the store on Bristol in Costa Mesa yesterday and they had nothing as well.

[quote name='valloq']Thanks for the heads-up, wish I had seen it before I went to the one in Tustin just now. I visited the store on Bristol in Costa Mesa yesterday and they had nothing as well.[/QUOTE]

Sure thing. I didn't realize this clearance hadn't started yet, so I might stop by the same stores and a few others tomorrow.

[quote name='s2k']I went to a bbv in NJ and no they dont have prepacks they only have3 regular stock.[/QUOTE]
which one in NJ did u go to?

Well hello there CAG!

Sorry, I was out earlier and I guess I missed all the drama. I was enjoying quite a read on my iPhone while I ate dinner though ;). We had people fighting back and forth over my ability to maintain OPs, we had mods risen from the ashes to comment - it was all great stuff!

For what it's worth I have no problem with there being a separate thread for this category of games at BBV. Note that this is not a sale or a promo or anything like that but just something they've done before with the only new part being that there were a few more shipments this week.

The reason I haven't added this to the BBV thread title or the OP of that thread yet was that this just broke on Tuesday and it seemed was very limited at the time. I didn't want to get everyone all excited. Maybe most of you don't remember but last time this happened very few stores actually got anything and most CAGs were very disappointed with the "sale". It appears to be much the same this time. I did a little running around tonight and my quick survey showed only 4 stores in an area of 15 or so got ANYTHING this week in this prepack category and those were all PS2 games. There may be one more with some 360 stuff but I couldn't get out there. My estimate then is that at best 1 in 4 stores got anything at all. It may be higher at GR stores but I only have regular BBVs to check out here.

I will continue discussion of this in the main thread. You are welcome to maintain and keep running with this one schuerm26. But keep in mind that you have a lot of misinformation floating about here and lots of stuff that could be pulled from the main thread to help people out. It is pretty surprising you found no mention of these games in the main thread when that's all we've been talking about in the last 5+ pages of it. But here are a few tips:

1) This is good at regular Blockbuster stores and not just Gamerush - it seems many CAGs have been scared off by the uncertainty there. I personally haven't been to a GR in 2 1/2 years myself ;).

2) Sorry Rolento, there is not likely to be any PS3 games. They don't even have a category in the system for them (as "PREPACK" disc-only games that is - they have plenty of regular used PS3 games). It also doesn't seem like any Wii games have been sent out this time. Last time it was Wii/360/PS2/Xbox/GC. They had dropped the prices on everything a few weeks back so now the Wii/360 stuff is $6.99 (instead of $9.99), PS2 is $2.99 (instead of $4.99), and Xbox and GC stuff is now (I think - haven't seen any myself) $1.99.

3) These shipments sent out recently seem to be mostly 360 and PS2. I think someone may have mentioned an original Xbox title or two, but keep in mind many stores still have stuff left over from the President's Day sale (when they last sent out these games).

4) Most regular Blockbuster stores will get at most 30 games total as that is their minimum shipping amounts. GR stores will probably get multiple boxes (if they get any).

5) There is a new feature of the BBV register system where they can look up stock at other locations. Given that these are generic UPCs for each category this makes it very convenient to check where they might have gotten a shipment. Most stores will have stragglers from before so you need to look for stores with 20+ games (in a given category such as PS2-PREPACK) in stock.

6) Once again, in case it isn't clear, these are refurbished disc-only games in special clear cases. If you bring up a regular used game and think you will get it for $6.99 or $2.99 or whatever prepare to be disappointed. It is only games with "PS2-PREPACK POG W/O COVER ART" and "360-PREPACK...", etc, that will ring up cheap.

7) Also, since I've seen some people bitch in this thread that they wish they had known earlier before their stores got wiped out and I couldn't help but think that was a swipe at me ;), just be aware that most stores won't get anything, and at others it may look like they just have a few things left but really that stuff has been sitting around for months. If you get out there now you are unlikely to miss too much as many stores just got shipments TODAY (Thurs. that is). More shipments may continue to come in over the next few days. This did NOT happen last time, though, even though many stores expected more. That is one reason everyone was so disappointed then and yet another reason why I didn't want to trumpet this deal too much.

So, just like last time, some people will find an embarrassment of riches (multiple Halo 3, CoD4, etc) while the vast majority will be met with bitter disappointment. At least that store inventory search should ease the pain somewhat as you don't have to rely on explaining to a BBV clerk on tghe phone what it is you are looking for (most won't know or will think you are talking about something else - say just used games in general). You do have to get at least one to look up the "PS2-PREPACK" or "360-PREPACK" codes for you in their computer. But once you get one to do it they can tell you the stock at stores all around that location. That is how I managed to find 1 somewhat decent store tonight (all just PS2 unfortunately).

Also, schuerm26, will you be maintaining a complete list of possible games from the sale?

Here's what I've seen so far (all PS2): God of War II, FF XII, Yakuza, Destroy All Humans 2, Kingdom Hearts II, Mercenaries, Star Wars Battlefront II, Lego Star Wars II, Guitar Hero III, Guitar Hero Rock the 80's, Fight Night Round 3, Transformers The Game, The Warriors (left over from before), Need For Speed Pro Street, Bully, Spiderman Friend or Foe, Psychonauts, Nanostray, Madden 08, NCAA Football 08, and various other older sports games. There was lots of other junk that I don't remember too...

But the list of games is generally pretty consistent - that is, you'll see a lot of these same games all over. I would suggest you read the main BBV thread and pull out the other titles people have mentioned in there and add them to your list. If you do that and keep up on it I'll just link to your thread from the BBV thread OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I be checking the Houston's area BB since we dont have many of them anymore .. most of them closed down after Ike come down, what my lil brother said .. if you in the Houston area and would like reports just send me a pm .. laterz ^_^

blockbuster on Valley View/Lampson in so cal sucked. Mostly garbage PS2 games. When i asked the guy working there where the 360 games were, he grinned and then shrug his shoulders as if he didnt know what i was talking about. I then asked him again, why arent there any 360 games here, he just said "i dont know" and then grinned. Im pretty sure the employees are hoarding onto the 360 titles based on how the guy working there was so upbeat about me not finding a single 360 game there and not a single decent PS2 game in the entire stash. Pathetic.

[quote name='guessed']I am willing to bet it is corporate-run stores only, though. All of the stores anywhere near me are franchises.[/QUOTE]

The closest BBV to me is a franchise store and they had the games for the presidents day sale, haven't checked on this one yet though.

It's always worth checking any BBV's if you are interested in these games.

As I said, don't rely on phone calls and don't rely on asking the employees... If you want something done right, do it yourself, ya know?

I'll check this out today. Only one BBV near me got a shipment last time so I will try that one first.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Please close this thread! I'm stupid! I'm stupid! I'M STUUUUUUUUUPIIIID

I think it was a good idea that this was posted seperately from the BB thread. Not sure why people think it's a show of disrespect toward IO. On that note, if anyone posts seperate threads for Target deals, I will kill them because I'm stupid, stupid, stuuuuuuuuuuuuupiiiiid[/QUOTE]

Friend of Sonic, I've chosen to subscribe to another Target forum thread. It's not you, it's me. We've just grown apart these last few months. :rofl::wave:

bread's done
Back