New Super Mario/Luigi Bros Wii U Bundle $299.99 - November 1st

trock3

CAGiversary!
1379695_530033750414416_1321698105_n.jpg

Oh yes, just in time for holiday sales.

Good luck with that.
Wii-U needs the bundling and discounting because it's already been determined to be an abject failure in the $300-$350 range. It's REGULAR, everyday price should probably be $199. It's not out of the realm of expectation to figure a holiday bundle should be $249. I don't expect Nintendo to get that aggressive with black Friday bundles to take it to $199, but it wouldn't surprise me if the deal was better than just $249 and a single game. If it's not, then Nintendo will just fail and lose in sales to PS3 and 360... let alone the PS4/Xbox1.

did you blow out your pants Pachtering that hard

I'm not sure where you got this idea, but every single BF i've participated in has had Nintendo hardware with a lowered price. Some do giftcards, some do bundles but every year at least one retailer has had a super cheap Ninty handheld or console.

Walmart is a good bet, I got my cheap DS Lite and Wii there, both on BF.

Ninty?

$199 wii u? are you guys are high or something? 

contrary to what you may think, this is nintendo's newest console and it has only been out a year (not even). $199 is an insult for what you get. 

Indeed, $199 is an insult. It should be $149 max.

I'm hoping for $299 with a $50 gift card or similar.

It's the friggin' year of Luigi! Make the console shaped like Luigi's hat, or at least paint it green. I'd be in for a green Wii U. I want colors.

Yeah that's true I remember getting the Pikachu 3DS XL for like $20-$30 off at Target I think it was. PMed it at Walmart
It was 40 dollars off a regular 3ds and 3ds XL which made the Pikachu 3DS XL 160. I bought that and the regular 3ds. Sold the Pikachu 3ds for 220 making my 3ds buy only 87 bucks including taxes. I probably could've sold it for more but I was just trying to make buying a 3ds cheaper. I wasn't trying to be a complete D-bag

If you think 299 is high just remember we haven't heard of any involvement between Nintendo and the NSA.The NSA helped Sony develop Ericson cellphone software and Microsoft with windows windows. Crossing my fingers on Valve having no involvement with with the NSA I want that steam box

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that's true I remember getting the Pikachu 3DS XL for like $20-$30 off at Target I think it was. PMed it at Walmart.
I think they were saying Nintendo doesn't just allow you to sell the system under MSRP without their permission, which I believe is true for all systems (perhaps more, but I've heard this in reference to systems a lot). This is why we see more bundles from stores and gift cards, than straight up discounts.

With this being said, obviously the systems do go on sale from time to time and I think the Pikachu was simply the perfect storm. Remember, this released the same day as Luigi Mansion 2 and Pokemon Dungeon or something and buying them both gave you a free game. The system was also on sale, specially designed and possibly the rarest XL in the US. Needless to say, this really got people out there.

This is pretty much a failed console with Nintendo picking up the slack in games. $199 is all i'd be willing to pay, esecially since the PS4 and XONE are launching next month.

This is pretty much a failed console with Nintendo picking up the slack in games. $199 is all i'd be willing to pay, esecially since the PS4 and XONE are launching next month.
This is how I feel.

It's worth it for the first-party games obviously because Nintendo doesn't disappoint with those.

But when the third-party developers start leaving your console that's a bad sign.

As much as I'm not pressed about the Zelda design on the Wii U gamepad, I'm getting that bundle, using a gamepad cover, and selling Wind Waker. I see better resale value for that, if I ever decide to sell it, just like my Pikachu XL.

It was 40 dollars off a regular 3ds and 3ds XL which made the Pikachu 3DS XL 160. I bought that and the regular 3ds. Sold the Pikachu 3ds for 220 making my 3ds buy only 87 bucks including taxes. I probably could've sold it for more but I was just trying to make buying a 3ds cheaper. I wasn't trying to be a complete D-bag
Should've held on to it:http://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Game-Consoles-/139971/i.html?_from=R40&LH_BIN=1&LH_ItemCondition=3&_sop=15&_nkw=pikachu+3ds+xl

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Yellow-Pikachu/dp/B00BUSLSAC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382581624&sr=8-1&keywords=pikachu+3ds+xl

I wish they made an exclusive color or gamepad in this bundle, hoping gift ard promotions will be with this to get it to the $200-$250 range. $300 I am not ready to bite at, especially since I am getting both Xbox One and PS4 in a few weeks

If they don't release that NSMBU and NSLU one disc combo separately at retail and keep it exclusive to this bundle, I can already imagine my excitement finding one at a garage sale in 10 years. Those bundle exclusive games become collectors items quickly.

Where are you guys getting your info from? I see no definitive evidence of either of these.

Personally, I think it will be a digital download for both games.
It's confirmed that they're on disk.. I'm not sure about them being in a box though.

Still 32GB?

OT but I came across a Walmart that still had stacks of the basic Wii U and I found it odd it was still tagged at $299.99 (I haven't seen any in months, certainly not since they did the MSRP drop).

I had an employee scan it just for fun and it did ring up at $299.99

Still $100 too much.  I'll bite when I can buy a Wii U Deluxe, no matter what it comes with, for $199.  So hoping for a black Friday deal, or will just continue to wait for price drops.

I just bought the Zelda bundle earlier today. Every single employee behind the counter at Gamestop started laughing when I asked for a Wii U. I couldn't really figure out if they were laughing at ME, or the fact that they told me they had 8 of those bundles in back.

I think I probably made somebody lose money on a bet by buying that console!

Anyways, I actually am really enjoying it. I can't wait for Lego City and Zombie U to come in the mail tomorrow.

I just bought the Zelda bundle earlier today. Every single employee behind the counter at Gamestop started laughing when I asked for a Wii U. I couldn't really figure out if they were laughing at ME, or the fact that they told me they had 8 of those bundles in back.

Anyways, I actually am really enjoying it. I can't wait for Lego City and Zombie U to come in the mail tomorrow.
You should have chewed them out. Regardless of what people like or not, a retailer shouldn't mock you for buying a product they sell. You can take your business elsewhere. Humble those jerks.

You should've waved some b1g1 coupons and a bag of Pokemon games in their faces, then said 'You bishes paid for it!' and laughed back.

Wii U's AWESOMENESS! Can't wait to play all kinds of games on that gamepad!:D

Remember that leaked BF ad at Gamestop that discounts a bunch of Wii U games with console purchase?  Awesome.  

I have a PS4 pre-order but I'm really running out of reasons to keep it - I mean, AC4 and NFS: Rivals are about all I care about in the next couple months.

Remember that leaked BF ad at Gamestop that discounts a bunch of Wii U games with console purchase? Awesome.

I have a PS4 pre-order but I'm really running out of reasons to keep it - I mean, AC4 and NFS: Rivals are about all I care about in the next couple months.
Same.

After the cancellation of Watch Dogs, about the only reason I have left is the new console smell, but really, only thing that is keeping me from not cancelling my PS4 pre-order on Amazon, at least at the moment, is that the pre-order is already paid for in full. However, if/when Wii U become available on first party Amazon, I am cancelling my PS4 pre-order, and applying that credit to the Wii U, and I'll just buy the PS4 later next year.

Otherwise, I thought I had learned my lesson with buying consoles at launch with the DS and Wii, but apparently not.

Still $100 too much. I'll bite when I can buy a Wii U Deluxe, no matter what it comes with, for $199. So hoping for a black Friday deal, or will just continue to wait for price drops.
I don't know what to tell you, WiiU basic has already been at that price in tons of places before, even Wal-Mart. Pretty certain WiiU deluxe has hit that price if you factor in the value of gift cards or free games too.

And you still bought from them? Maybe I'm too prideful but I could never buy from somebody like that, you must be a better man than I am. I'll be the first to say that the WiiU has been a massive disappointment and that I greatly regret my purchase, but I wouldn't allow a salesman to mock me under any circumstances, least of all somebody who's lot in life is playing cashier at Gamestop. There's plenty of other businesses more than happy to take my money, let alone more Gamestops than I can count in nearly every town I've been to :whistle2:?

Last edited:
Zelda Wii u and pikmin 3 for $250 would make be bite this bf

@rcerboss
Working at gamestop doesn't make them inferior or doesn't mean they don't have another job that's actually good. I spend my weekend mornings in retail. My regular job wouldn't blow anyone away in terms of pay but it pays well enough to support me and a pretty moderate standard of living. I just work another job because I have the time and I make good money for grunt work.

I bought a Wind Waker console and I haven't regretted it in the slightest.  Would be good to see these bundles go for a little cheaper on BF so that more people can experience this console.  It feels great once it is in your hands.  I vastly underestimated how awesome it is to be able to play so many games on the gamepad while the rest of the family is using the TV.  I can get into bed and pull up some Call of Duty multiplayer or Mario...  It's great.  

There are already a bunch of fun games available and Mario 3D is going to put this console over the top IMO.  I know folks are excited about PS4 and XBox One, but I think the Wii U will have the better library for a year or more. 

Things I already own and have been enjoying:

• Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  • Wonderful 101
  • New Super Mario Wii U
  • Black Ops 2
  • Zombiu
  • Rayman Legends
  • Wind Waker
  • Pikmin 3
Sure not all of that is exclusive, but there are enough Wii U features to warrant buying them for the console IMO. 

Are the games really all the different? To me it seems like one game and you can just play as Luigi. Nintendo really needs to make a new Mario game that is actually new, like a Mario 64, or Mario Galaxy.

They have completely wasted the last year they had free rein on their new console.
Yes, the games are actually completely different.

New Super Luigi U is basically a giant level pack/expansion pack for New Super Mario Bros U. It uses the same graphics and world map, but every stage is completely different.

Am sorry but paying MSRP for the Wii U is not a good deal. :no:

The Wii U is a trash console with 6 year old hardware with 10 year-old ports as the biggest selling point one year after release. And the future doesn't look any brighter with re-hashed franchises like Mario/Kart/Party and Zelda a thousands times over and over again.

Oh yeah, I forgot completely useless online features, slow OS, and no option to buy an additional controller, which by the way costs more than the entire system.

Am sorry but paying MSRP for the Wii U is not a good deal. :no:

The Wii U is a trash console with 6 year old hardware with 10 year-old ports as the biggest selling point one year after release. And the future doesn't look any brighter with re-hashed franchises like Mario/Kart/Party and Zelda a thousands times over and over again.

Oh yeah, I forgot completely useless online features, slow OS, and no option to buy an additional controller, which by the way costs more than the entire system.
Hnng....must...not...take...troll bait.

OMG a new wii u bundle, must have it.  No interest up until now, but now I have the urge! Wait, there's a zelda bundle with insignias and they say it's limited?  OMG! Must have that one! Does the wii u have games out?

Good luck with that.
Wii-U needs the bundling and discounting because it's already been determined to be an abject failure in the $300-$350 range. It's REGULAR, everyday price should probably be $199. It's not out of the realm of expectation to figure a holiday bundle should be $249. I don't expect Nintendo to get that aggressive with black Friday bundles to take it to $199, but it wouldn't surprise me if the deal was better than just $249 and a single game. If it's not, then Nintendo will just fail and lose in sales to PS3 and 360... let alone the PS4/Xbox1.
I agree, we're right on the cusp of the next generation consoles, and the Wii U is a very bare-bones system, falling short in almost every area. The only thing "different" about it is the gamepad, but its not a very appealing controller at all (bulky, poor battery life, distracting). Nintendo just seems to have lost touch with what the majority of gamers want; they need to fire Iwata and the rest of their upper management, scrap the Wii U, and come up with a solid new console to compete. Of course that probably won't happen, so they'll just continue to flop around like they have for the last few years.

Zelda Wii u and pikmin 3 for $250 would make be bite this bf

@rcerboss
Working at gamestop doesn't make them inferior or doesn't mean they don't have another job that's actually good. I spend my weekend mornings in retail. My regular job wouldn't blow anyone away in terms of pay but it pays well enough to support me and a pretty moderate standard of living. I just work another job because I have the time and I make good money for grunt work.
I didn't mean it like that, I don't want to insinuate that anyone is inferior just because they work in retail. What I meant was that, as a cashier (or anybody in retail for that matter), you are supposed to bend over backwards to make the customer happy so that they'll buy your product. If I had a cashier causing me problems cause of the brand I purchase, it makes me wonder how big of a douchebag the manager must be to allow that, or at the very least that he must be completely incompetent to not be aware of such childish crap going on in his store. And that goes double for specialty stores like Gamestop, where you would think the employees would at least have a passing interest in gaming and be willing to try anything new (no matter how bad it ended up being :whistle2:( ).

I don't care if the cashier is a homeless drug-addled bum off the street or the King of England himself, if he's working cashier in a shop I run he damn well be treating every single customer with the utmost respect and, short of giving out unauthorized discounts or free merchandise, be doing everything in his power to ensure everyone leaves happy.

Yes, the games are actually completely different.

New Super Luigi U is basically a giant level pack/expansion pack for New Super Mario Bros U. It uses the same graphics and world map, but every stage is completely different.

Except it's not. The stages are far smaller and I'd hardly call them completely different, "remixed" is a more accurate world. Sure changes have been made and enemy count increased, but it's clear that aside from a couple of guys tweaking designs in the level editor, nothing went into making this "expansion".

Last edited:
Still 32GB?

OT but I came across a Walmart that still had stacks of the basic Wii U and I found it odd it was still tagged at $299.99 (I haven't seen any in months, certainly not since they did the MSRP drop).

I had an employee scan it just for fun and it did ring up at $299.99
Wal-Mart is pretty bad about marking down games that should be cleared out. Pretty recently I saw 3 or 4 copies of Ferrari Challenge Trofeo (PS3) BEHIND THE GLASS for $59.99. http://www.amazon.com/Ferrari-Challenge-Playstation-3/dp/B001AS4TTE I even had the guy price check it just because I couldn't believe it. (i was thinking it might scan for a super-low price like what used to happen at KMART all the time, but it came up $59.99).

Their clearance bin is also usually full of games that should be about $2.00, but just sit there collecting dirt and grime at $29.99. Like sports games from 3 years ago, music games, etc.

Am sorry but paying MSRP for the Wii U is not a good deal. :no:

The Wii U is a trash console with 6 year old hardware with 10 year-old ports as the biggest selling point one year after release. And the future doesn't look any brighter with re-hashed franchises like Mario/Kart/Party and Zelda a thousands times over and over again.

Oh, consoles in 2007 had 2GB RAM, 32MB eDRAM, a social network like Miiverse, a 480p screen in their controller? Where was I? OS is slower than it should be yes. No, the system is estimated to cost around $180-$220 to produce BTW and the controller estimates put it at around $80-$100.

xcept it's not. The stages are far smaller and I'd hardly call them completely different, "remixed" is a more accurate world. Sure changes have been made and enemy count increased, but it's clear that aside from a couple of guys tweaking designs in the level editor, nothing went into making this "expansion".
Except it is. This is not something up for debate. Every stage in New Super Luigi U is new and unique to that game.

Oh, consoles in 2007 had 2GB RAM, 32MB eDRAM, a social network like Miiverse, a 480p screen in their controller? Where was I? OS is slower than it should be yes. No, the system is estimated to cost around $180-$220 to produce BTW and the controller estimates put it at around $80-$100.
With the Spring (and now Summer) updates installed, the Wii U's OS is faster than the PS3 or Xbox 360's OS.

This is just flat out wrong. The system has been gutted, studied, and priced at an average of $150 and the controller at $75, and IIRC that includes manufacturing, shipping, and even advertising. That's why there's been a whole stink that Nintendo almost certainly lied about taking a hit on each console, especially when they aren't throwing around money to advertise. Unless they had a massive, out of control runaway R&D budget, they've never taken a loss on WiiU.

Except it is. This is not something up for debate. Every stage in New Super Luigi U is new and unique to that game.

With the Spring (and now Summer) updates installed, the Wii U's OS is faster than the PS3 or Xbox 360's OS.

Well look at you being the big man. I don't care what you say about what "is and isn't" up for debate, these are hardly new levels. I recognized tons of segments that, aside from moving a ? block here and adding a couple enemies there, were identical. Just because some intern moves a ? block a few screens to the left or right doesn't make it an entirely new level.

Last edited:
This is just flat out wrong. The system has been priced at an average of $150 and the controller at $75, and IIRC that includes manufacturing, shipping, and even advertising. That's why there's been a whole stink that Nintendo almost certainly lied about taking a hit on each console, especially when they aren't throwing around money to advertise. Unless they had a massive, out of control runaway R&D budget, they've never taken a loss on WiiU.
Which is a smart business decision, really. Nintendo's a company that likes to make money, not lose it.

Which is a smart business decision, really. Nintendo's a company that likes to make money, not lose it.
I disagree. Gamers are seeing that $300 WiiU sitting next to a $400 PS4, and anybody who follows the industry in the slightest is going to know that the PS4 is the far better value, not just in terms of power and functionality, but in 3rd party support. Nintendo cheaping out on the system's power has cost them the 3rd party support yet again, and it seems pretty damn apparent that they are unable or unwilling to fully support the console themselves. It's been a year and we've gotten Pikmin 3, W101, and Super Mario HD Land (which based on demoes and trailers looks to be underwhelming a ton of people, myself included). That's not nearly enough new content, especially when the 3rd party stuff is either missing content or suffering from framerate issues not present on the PS360. I don't think that overpriced HD ports, mountains of $60 2D Platformers, and oceans of mini game compilations (seriously, we've had 3 1st party minigame compilations in under a year from Nintendo, with WiiU Fit and more Wii Sports hot on their heels :shock: ) are going to change anybody's mind. They need to jack that price down to $200 at a minimum, MAYBE $250 for something like the NSMBU bundle.

Last edited:
Except it's not. The stages are far smaller and I'd hardly call them completely different, "remixed" is a more accurate world. Sure changes have been made and enemy count increased, but it's clear that aside from a couple of guys tweaking designs in the level editor, nothing went into making this "expansion".
There is a LOT of ways you can debate this, but in terms of cost / value... Super Luigi U is a solid game. I think a LOT of people forget that this upgrade was $20 dollars, which also had a $30 dollar retail release. With that being said, there are other tweaks that went into Super Luigi U that makes it a different game.

Luigi jumps higher (allowing for harder jumps), slides further (making it easier to screw yourself on the slide), levels have to be finished in 100 seconds, a new character was added for P2 that can't die and every level was "edited" in some way. While none of these things are exactly big, a lot of DLC isn't much better.

CoD Map Pack $15 dollars.

BF Map Pack around $15 dollars.

PS All-Stars costume pack $20 dollars.

Average fighting game character $5+ dollars each.

etc.

The only DLC I've encountered that beats Super Luigi U without a debate of value and cost is Spelunker HD, so I don't think it's really problematic. That is, if you don't expect Super Luigi U to be 3x better than it was ever intended to be.

bread's done
Back