New to 360 - What games to buy?

maci

CAG Veteran
Hey there. I recently purchased a 360 and was wondering what games to buy.

I mostly enjoy online shooters but would also enjoy any online racing games as well (if any).

I was just curious as to what shooters I should buy or other personal recomendations. Also, if you *love* an offline game (of any genre) then that would be nice to know.

I have:
Halo 3
Bioshock (PC)
Orange Box (PC)
COD4 (PS3)
Assasin's Creed (PS3)
Oblivion (PS3)

Is Rainbow Six Vegas or Advanced Warfighter 2 worth the purchase -- or other shooter? Is their a lot of team play online or more talk trash and be idiots. How is the clan support, is it competetive?

Sorry for vague questions. Well what should I buy?

Edit: what about some cheap live titles. I'm interested in Bomberman, SF2, Uno (excited about Uno).

Vegas Hell Yes!
I mean that would have been my answer before i got COD4, now its still yes, but only if you can find it cheap and getting bored of cod4.
I'm still trying to go back and play a little vegas but then i just run back to cod.
This of course varys tho.

Warfighter 2 i dont know.
I just got the first one and am enjoying the single player on it, the second one should be even better.

If you havent played gears of war yet i recommend that.
Ace combat is fun also.

Sell your CoD4 PS3 and get it for 360. Way more players and it's just a lot funner.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Dead Rising

Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention:

CoD2 (kicks as much as 4, maybe slightly less, but it's an awesome WW2 shooter).
CoD3 (online multiplayer still has a ton of people and the game is quite a bit of fun, just not as much as 2 so if I had to say, go with 2 for single player or 3 if you want some WW2 online multiplayer.).

Yes, R6Vegas is awesome. Also, GRAW and GRAW2 are excellent games.. I love them, and the multiplayer is great.

Also check out Gears of War. Another excellent game.

Thanks for your responses so far.

I will likely buy Gears of War and Vegas. I'll check out condemned too. I'd buy COD4 for 360 but my friends and I play that on the PS3.

Ten Games you must own

1. Bioshock
2. Mass Effect
3. Call of Duty 4
4. Rainbow Six Vegas
5. Oblivion Game of the Year Edition
6. Gears of War
7. Guitar Hero III
8. The Orange Box
9. Fight Night Round 3
10. Halo 3

I think you already own most of the good ones, but from that list of 10 if you don't have them then you need to get them.

online: (the single player for these are quality as well)
rb6 vegas
gears of war
shadowrun (all online but can be had for cheap)

single player:
mass effect (one of my favorite stories in a video game)
dead rising
hitman blood money
guitar hero 2&3 or rock band (theyre funner than u think)

I know its been said once already but Gears of War is an excellent game.

If you don't own The Orange Box on the PC you might want to pick it up on the Xbox360, because it really is a great value. Portal is amazing :)

Thanks for the sugguestions guys. Forgot to mention I have Rock Band. I like your list, Tenzor -- will try to get most of the game I don't have already.

Also Logg, thanks for the Puzzle Games as my girlfriend and I occasionly enjoy those together.

I'll look into Shadow Run and plan on getting Dead Rising when I get through some other offline games. I might have to wait for Vegas 2 to come out, enless I can find it incredibly cheap.

I unfortunately have to stay away from Fight Night. I loved the game but thats the problem. Its one of those games that will consume all of the other titles that need my attention.

You should pick up the Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Forza Motorsports 2 double pack if you can find it used at Gamestop. It's only $19.99 and both games are excellent.

You already have a lot of the best 360 titles on your PC, and the best multiplats on your PS3... but there are some great 360 exclusives, and some games you don't have yet.

Mass Effect
Dead Rising
Condemned
Viva Piñata
Guitar Hero 3

XBLA:
Puzzle Quest
Super Puzzle Fighter
Pac Man Championship Edition

And there are a ton of backwards compatible XBX games you should play.

Make sure you buy a warranty!

[quote name='supraazn']Warfighter 2 i dont know.
I just got the first one and am enjoying the single player on it, the second one should be even better.[/QUOTE]
The co-op levels in that game are fantastic, so is the VS multiplayer. Honestly, people kept saying it was only "expansion pack" length, but that's ignoring the bulk of the game: the co-op campaign.

[quote name='Kendal']I would like to add Crackdown. It is a fun game alone or with a friend.[/quote]i wished i would have pulled the trigger on that amazon deal.

If you enjoy third person shooters and arcade-y action then Lost Planet is very much worth picking up.
Stunning graphics and great boss fights await.

bread's done
Back