New To Xbox 360 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroSupporT

CAGiversary!
Real quick,

I just recently bought my first Xbox 360 (wanted to wait a while for all the kinks to get worked out ) and have a couple of questions. I bought the Xbox 360 Pro.

1. Would you recommend buying the warranty even on the newer models, both Microsoft and Best Buy offer a 3 year $50 warranty, the only plus with BB is that you can drop yours off and pick up a new one the same day.

2. Cooling fans - I have seen many models for the Xbox 360 bottom and back, are they at all effective and which one is more effective?

3. Since I am still within my 30 days of purchase should I consider taking it back to get the new Halo Edition when it comes out at the same price, I have the Green Halo Edition Xbox right now as well.

Thoughts and opinions are completely appreciated and requested, so let loose.

I personally would probaby still get the product service plan on the xbox just to be safe. I think also the general consensus is to stay away from the external cooling products. Also if you are into that kind of stuff definately go for the Halo 3 console.

Choose whether or not you want the warranty based on your experience with past consoles and how you treat other electrical hardware around your house. Do you take good care of them? If yes (which I would hope) then I would advise you to not purchase the warranty. Keep in mind Microsoft just extended the warranty to 3 years covering any issues which deal with three red lights (what you hear everyone complaining about). You do not have to purchase this warranty, it comes with the console automatically.

Don't use cooling fans, just put your 360 in a well ventilated space and if possible keep it elevated and most definately keep it off carpet.

As far as getting the halo edition... why are you asking us? What secrets can we tell you that you wouldn't already know? :) Just do what you prefer.

[quote name='ZeroSupporT']3. Since I am still within my 30 days of purchase should I consider taking it back to get the new Halo Edition when it comes out at the same price, I have the Green Halo Edition Xbox right now as well.[/quote]
If I could I would.

This thread was created for new owners or potential buyers in mind, so use it for further questions, please. But, to answer your first 3 questions:

1) It is always a good idea to buy a warranty. Just because systems don't overheat as much anymore (I guess) doesn't mean a dashboard update or something similar won't give you the red rings.

2) Cooling fans have seemed at least to me like a ripoff since they came out. I've seen a lot more negative feedback than positive, and I've never personally needed one.

3) Aside from it's ugly-ass color, yes, I would definitely recommend getting the Halo edition Xbox 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back