New Trigun DVD on preorder

Man, this series starts off so awesome and then nosedives into emo. Couldn't believe it was the same show by the end.

another funimation crap transfer of 26 episode series on 4 DVDs, people will buy this but if you like quality transfers, buy either of the geneon sets..

[quote name='blackdog60']another funimation crap transfer of 26 episode series on 4 DVDs, people will buy this but if you like quality transfers, buy either of the geneon sets..[/QUOTE]

no offense but we won't know till it gets here. the original Geneon release was on 8 discs.....All single layer. these 4 discs from Funi will all be dual layer with 0 special features. funi has had some releases that look worse than their geneon or multi-disc releases but they have also had quite a few that look the same (or sometimes better depending on who did the original releases) on those same 4 discs

Overall do you think that it is worth buying anyways?

[quote name='Jodou']Man, this series starts off so awesome and then nosedives into emo. Couldn't believe it was the same show by the end.[/QUOTE]

Beats paying 100 + on amazon (current old one), and beats paying for a bootleg.... glad they redid it. Thanks for the other links guys!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MadForMadden']Overall do you think that it is worth buying anyways?[/QUOTE]

it's one of my favorite shows; there is a drastic shift in the tone from about episode 12 on and it's not like Bebop where it's always going back and forth between humor and absolute seriousness, but i say it's totally worth a buy - given that this transfer is good.

I was beginning to lose hope on never getting this series... Finally! I hope they do a "Dragon Box-like-Transfer" to this... Can't wait :whistle2:D

Any word on extras?

And I liked it when it switched to "emo." It threw me off guard, and I liked the heart the show had. Either way, I will be buying this to replace my bootleg.

[quote name='MadForMadden']Overall do you think that it is worth buying anyways?[/QUOTE]
Maybe if the price dips lower. Can't really recommend it one way or the other. I loved the first half, but once it went all serious I just stopped watching. I remember catching the final episode on CN one night and I had no idea what was going on since the series derailed so much lol.

[quote name='wormraper']$36.99 pre-order at Amazon with free shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Trigun-Comple...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1284517643&sr=8-1

or

$26.79+tax from borders.com after using their 33% off borders rewards coupon (free to join)[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I had a pending preorder with Amazon at $37 and was going to cancel to wait for a Rightstuf Funimation sale, but this Borders deal is great. After tax my order came out to $28.67 (and free shipping for rewards members for orders $25+).

Btw, here's the Borders link and coupon code for 33% off (must first sign up for free rewards member).
link: http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=704400097775
coupon code (valid 9/14-9/16): BAY8322T

Trigun is one of my favorite anime series. I hope Funimation does a good job with the rerelease (mostly hoping they fix the shaky animation).

Trigun is absolutely worth it at this price. Probably going to order it myself when I get some extra money. There's a marked shift in tone, but I've seen the series a few times and I feel personally that the more humorous episodes do a really good job of setting up the main character and make the more serious ones just that more effective once you realize what's really going on with him.

I'd go so far as to say it's the best anime ever, but I'm sure I'd get plenty of opposition on that point.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I want this on bluray.[/QUOTE]

For the six-millionth time this month, Trigun was not produced in HD. A Blu-ray release would be pointless.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']For the six-millionth time this month, Trigun was not produced in HD. A Blu-ray release would be pointless.[/QUOTE]

But 1080p is more than double as good as 480p. It's simple math, Kirin. ~_~

[quote name='shouamabane']I'm pretty sure Funimation announced a Blu-Ray version of Trigun when they licensed it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm reading a bunch of news stories from February that say DVD/Blu-Ray. How odd.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']For the six-millionth time this month, Trigun was not produced in HD. A Blu-ray release would be pointless.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily, I bought the Simpsons Season 13 on Blu, which is from when they were still doing cell animation, and it looks quite good upscaled to 1080p. I'd be willing to pay extra for the slightly more vibrant palette, uncompressed video, and a lossless audio track, but that's just me.

bread's done
Back