*NEW UPDATE, Now Techno tracks* Sony Press Conference in 1 minute.

Reality's Fringe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
*6/5 Update:* Some of you wondered what it would be like to put "Riiiidge Racer!" and "Giant Enemy Crab" into a techno song. Well, here you go: http://www.funender.com/music/bands/11527/music.php

*Update* So, since this is the new hot thing to do, I made my own video (15 minutes of editing) and came out at about 2 minutes, with extra time at the end because I didn't cut out something. I'll edit it down later. It's the new fad, fellas, so make your own!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJaDcCQQR54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJElsNaC6yQ&search=sony conference 1 minute

:rofl:

I figured against posting it in the General Gaming forum because...well, just watch it. If this was posted before,(or if this dengenerates into something worse than it already is) please lock.

Hint: It's Riiiiiiiidge Racer!

http://www.petitiononline.com/rdgeracr/petition.html

Riiiiiidge racer petition.

[quote name='botticus']I have a feeling this thread will come to a bad end, but...

:rofl:[/QUOTE]

Which is why I stuck it in the Nintendo forum :lol:.

Hahaha, that was great. It was really surprising and hilarious watching the press conference live when he was saying Genji was based on some historical battle and then BAM, giant crab monster. fucking A.

[quote name='SpazX']Hahaha, that was great. It was really surprising and hilarious watching the press conference live when he was saying Genji was based on some historical battle and then BAM, giant crab monster. fucking A.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I think the best part(in regard to the video mainly) was:
"The essence of the Playstation DNA is real change, and the consumers are ready."
*wipe to white guy*
"Uhh, Genji 2 is an action game based on Japanese history..."

supersonico (1 hour ago)
sony fans are known in gaming forums as "cows" because they are supposedly always getting "milked" (that is sucked out of every last penny). so

"TCHBO"="The Cows Have Been Owned (if it has an "R" it means "The Cows Have Been Raped"

Best random quote from comment section ever.

"Being based on history, the stages of the game will be based on famous battles that actually took place in ancient Japan... So here's this giant enemy crab."

If they were going for realism, it should have been a giant enemy zombie crab.

I think you should all be ashamed of yourselves for making light of Japan's Giant Crustacean Incursions of 1917. Over 7,000 innocent people and nearly 2,000 talking raccoons were killed and I, for one, think it is still too soon to be marketing entertainment based on this very real and very tragic historical event.

[quote name='Tybee']I think you should all be ashamed of yourselves for making light of Japan's Giant Crustacean Incursions of 1917. Over 7,000 innocent people and nearly 2,000 talking raccoons were killed and I, for one, think it is still too soon to be marketing entertainment based on this very real and very tragic historical event.[/quote]

You mean the Crustasean Nation Occupation?

[quote name='Tybee']and I, for one, think it is still too soon to be marketing entertainment based on this very real and very tragic historical event.[/quote]

TOO SOON! TOO SOON!

Also, that was pretty funny. I agree, massive damage after the $599 would have been hilarious. Less 'Riiiiidge Racer!' too.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Did the original Genji even sell enough to warrant a sequel?[/quote]

not when best buy had it for 10 bucks lol go Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacer go!!!!!!!!!!

What would be even more awesome is if they made a Ridge Racer/Genji tie in game...you could run over the crabs and save Japan!!

ahahahahahaha i cant stop laughing. That ytmnd is perfect, especially right after the minute long press conference.

k-7.jpg

STEALIN' ME BOOTY

Hahaha, that ytmnd was great.

Well, maybe they did have giant monster crabs then; back in the days it was real.

[quote name='SpazX']Hahaha, that ytmnd was great.

Well, maybe they did have giant enemy crabs then; back in the days it was real.[/QUOTE]
Fixed.

They should have included the underlying theme of pink shirts.

Wouldn't it be sweet if some iteration of Ridge Racer got onto the Wii and Reggie recorded himself playing it and saying "Here's a game you all know and love, coming to the Wii...this is even the original logo...that's right, it's RIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER! It's Ridge Racer!"

Wow, Sony's E3 caused such controversy/humor. The video and ytmnd are awesome.

I saw RIIIDGE RACER at my local GS today! I would never have even cared before this year's E3. Now I'm reminded what a sweet deal PSP is, of course I'm not a very good player though. Especially since it's hard to see the screen when I hold it out to the side like that.

I honestly figured Sony would've learned something from how quickly the PSP got hammered by the DS and how it went from "must-have" to "meh" status in consumers' minds.

Guess not. The many waves of PS3 humor are fully justified. I hope it sinks like a rock.

I like that 2nd vid that has the price point then shows the guy with a gun in his mouth. I had hoped that the rearview mirror PSP would be in there too as on of sony's "Inovations".

[quote name='KingDox']I like that 2nd vid that has the price point then shows the guy with a gun in his mouth. [/quote]

"the guy?" "THE GUY?"

sigh

bread's done
Back