new valkyrie profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the PS1 version.

I took a chance and ordered it. I'm an Enix fan (esp. DQ/DWIV !!)and I was kicking myself for not getting this back when it was cheap and not rare.

It says estimated delivery date is March 29th. Hmm..

NOTE:
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue also shows up for $59. Great game.

A Valkyrie Profile sequel...I wished.

Tri-Ace's next game doesn't seem too bad though, and it got some good reviews (Radiata Stories)

After checking Ebay i decided to order it. Odd they would be re-realesing this game but have to wait and see. Could be they found a massive cache of them somewhere too.

Thanks a ton OP! You just scored me rent for a couple months if this works out! ^_~

I just ordered 10. I wonder if anything will come of it.

Has anyone here actually played this game - is it worth the huge price on eBay? Maybe I can finally land a copy of Suikoden II through trade with one of these puppies!

I was so happy there when i saw mention of a new Valkyrie Profile> I bought this last year at $40 and don't regret it one bit. One of my favorite games ever. So great. I would buy another copy if the re-released it here just to have another in case this one went capput.

[quote name='wannabepunktony']I just ordered 10. I wonder if anything will come of it.

Has anyone here actually played this game - is it worth the huge price on eBay?[/quote]

man... every one of your comments starts with, "i ordered ________ (insert number here)" and they're all about reselling. you have the right to, but you're screwing a lot of people over (like you care anyway). you sound like you belong to gamefaqs or fatwallet more than you do over here. :x

(my apologies for the rant everybody :) )

I agree with doraemonkerpal about the guy buying 10 copies to sell, you have everyright to try and make money but please don't brag about it. I posted this for people who wanted to play the game but didn't have the money to buy it on ebay. You just screwed like 10 people.

[quote name='wannabepunktony']I just ordered 10. I wonder if anything will come of it.

Has anyone here actually played this game - is it worth the huge price on eBay?[/quote]

Dude, first taking credit for other CAG deals and putting them on journal, and now this.... :roll:

[quote name='JohnnyA']This won't come through. It is a mistake...[/quote]

I doubt it is a mistake, besides no one has anything to lose, they dont charge till the item ships regardless.

[quote name='KingNES'][quote name='JohnnyA']This won't come through. It is a mistake...[/quote]

I doubt it is a mistake, besides no one has anything to lose, they dont charge till the item ships regardless.[/quote]

It's a mistake, check out Lunar 2, they also have the same thing there and it definatley isn't going to be rereleased.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']
Dude, first taking credit for other CAG deals and putting them on journal, and now this.... :roll:[/quote]

Cute. I don't take credit for them - where I get them is posted in the info for the journal. I give credit where credit is due. I made that LJ to pass on the deals we get here and at other sites - NOT TO TAKE CREDIT FOR THEM.

Damn, this place is full of such "OMG NOOBS!" anal Andys. How about you all take a chill pill and relax? None of us are even going to get one game, so what's the point in arguing?

Sigh...I already hear a lame battle cry of "ETHICS! ETHICS!" in the background....

:?

[quote name='wannabepunktony'][quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']
Dude, first taking credit for other CAG deals and putting them on journal, and now this.... :roll:[/quote]

Cute. I don't take credit for them - where I get them is posted in the info for the journal. I give credit where credit is due. I made that LJ to pass on the deals we get here and at other sites - NOT TO TAKE CREDIT FOR THEM.

Damn, this place is full of such "OMG NOOBS!" anal Andys. How about you all take a chill pill and relax? None of us are even going to get one game, so what's the point in arguing?

Sigh...I already hear a lame battle cry of "ETHICS! ETHICS!" in the background....

:?[/quote]

actually, i've never complained about hoarders before. however, your comments are becoming so annoying. even if you're not really doing it, the fact that you begin every sentence with, "i bought 10, and i can't wait to put them on ebay." it contributes absolutely nothing to the website at all. it's just a waste of space. it's not a funny comment, it's not helping somebody out, you might as well start your sentences with, "fuck everybody!" every comment that i've personally read by you today has basically began the same. even denisdfat changes it up once in awhile!!! :?

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='KingNES'][quote name='JohnnyA']This won't come through. It is a mistake...[/quote]

I doubt it is a mistake, besides no one has anything to lose, they dont charge till the item ships regardless.[/quote]

It's a mistake, check out Lunar 2, they also have the same thing there and it definatley isn't going to be rereleased.[/quote]

Unless WD had some put away and Amazon was able to get some, they can still be ordered from WD directly last i checked. So it is feasible it could be a valid deal. Like i said before no one has anything to lose on this, they dont charge till the item ships.

I'm just curious why he even bothers keeping a livejournal for CAG deals anyway. Who would want to go there if they could just come here?

[quote name='peteyrose']I'm just curious why he even bothers keeping a livejournal for CAG deals anyway. Who would want to go there if they could just come here?[/quote]
And that my friends is what we call a
BURN. :twisted: :hot:

This is why I think it's a mistake:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...669926-6060057?v=glance&s=videogames&n=468642

Lunar 2 for $59

Granted they could be getting new VP's in stock but I doubt it, but you are right you really have thing to lose.

[quote name='KingNES'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='KingNES'][quote name='JohnnyA']This won't come through. It is a mistake...[/quote]

It's a mistake, check out Lunar 2, they also have the same thing there and it definatley isn't going to be rereleased.[/quote]

Unless WD had some put away and Amazon was able to get some, they can still be ordered from WD directly last i checked. So it is feasible it could be a valid deal. Like i said before no one has anything to lose on this, they dont charge till the item ships.[/quote]

It didn't say anything about it, but that Lunar 2 wasn't the collectors edition with the map and such was it? I assume there were two versions with 3 discs? If it was, I guess it would be worth a try. If it's not true, maybe Amazon would apologize with a 5$ off coupon or something.

Valkyrie Profile's being re-released in Japan, and the news was announced a couple days ago. The Japanese games are slated for release in late March, as are the Amazon pre-orders. Given the timing, it seems likely that these games are simply being re-released here as well. If this is the case, you might want to be careful about buying 10 of them to resell, as I believe they are being given new packaging in Japan, and probably will here as well.

[quote name='kenshin95111']I agree with doraemonkerpal about the guy buying 10 copies to sell, you have everyright to try and make money but please don't brag about it. I posted this for people who wanted to play the game but didn't have the money to buy it on ebay.[/quote]

Don't worry about it, karma will come around too him eventually. There will be some game he wants to play but won't be able to afford because sellers have bought them all up.

[quote name='Nutts']It didn't say anything about it, but that Lunar 2 wasn't the collectors edition with the map and such was it? I assume there were two versions with 3 discs? If it was, I guess it would be worth a try. If it's not true, maybe Amazon would apologize with a 5$ off coupon or something.[/quote]

I think it was, my point was that both of them has the line:

Availability: This item has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

Which would be very odd for Lunar 2 and I don't remember a version of lunar or lunar 2 being release without the collectables the game only one's I have seen have simply lost these because they do not come with an instruction book which was hardbound and did not fit inside the case.

[quote name='zion'][quote name='Nutts']It didn't say anything about it, but that Lunar 2 wasn't the collectors edition with the map and such was it? I assume there were two versions with 3 discs? If it was, I guess it would be worth a try. If it's not true, maybe Amazon would apologize with a 5$ off coupon or something.[/quote]

Availability: This item has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

Which would be very odd for Lunar 2 and I don't remember a version of lunar or lunar 2 being release without the collectables the game only one's I have seen have simply lost these because they do not come with an instruction book which was hardbound and did not fit inside the case.[/quote]

Lunar for the Psone did have a re-release by WD, it was a 2 disc set sans collectibles and features fan made art work on it's discs. It retailed at 19.99 new. They were in nomal cases as well.

[quote name='KingNES'][quote name='zion'][quote name='Nutts']It didn't say anything about it, but that Lunar 2 wasn't the collectors edition with the map and such was it? I assume there were two versions with 3 discs? If it was, I guess it would be worth a try. If it's not true, maybe Amazon would apologize with a 5$ off coupon or something.[/quote]

Which would be very odd for Lunar 2 and I don't remember a version of lunar or lunar 2 being release without the collectables the game only one's I have seen have simply lost these because they do not come with an instruction book which was hardbound and did not fit inside the case.[/quote]

Lunar for the Psone did have a re-release by WD, it was a 2 disc set sans collectibles and features fan made art work on it's discs. It retailed at 19.99 new. They were in nomal cases as well.[/quote]

I don't suppose you have a link to a picture of one, I've never seen this thing.

Lunar Silver Star Story had a rerelease not Lunar 2: Eternal Blue

January 2002

Due to public demand for LUNAR that could not be filled by the recently cancelled Lunar PC game, it was decided that Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete Fan Art Edition should be released. This was a one-shot publication of the original Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete with special art that was designed especially for this release, by one of our frequent fan contributors.

They might still have some laying in the warehouse, a few years ago I bought 35 of them for $20 a piece from WD's warehouse find (Lunar 2 that is)

[quote name='Lexicon']Lunar Silver Star Story had a rerelease not Lunar 2: Eternal Blue

January 2002

Due to public demand for LUNAR that could not be filled by the recently cancelled Lunar PC game, it was decided that Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete Fan Art Edition should be released. This was a one-shot publication of the original Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete with special art that was designed especially for this release, by one of our frequent fan contributors.

They might still have some laying in the warehouse, a few years ago I bought 35 of them for $20 a piece from WD's warehouse find (Lunar 2 that is)[/quote]

I see, I never knew that, oh and 35, wow.

[quote name='KingNES']http://www.workingdesigns.com/

go to Museum>Playstation>Lunar The silver Star story>details

Then you will see the Fan Art edition of Lunar for the Psone. Which was released a good deal after the collector's edition.[/quote]

Cool, I'm just amazed that I've never run across that set.

I finished the game a while ago. The game was interesting but I don't think it is worth this high price.

[quote name='yogi99']I finished the game a while ago. The game was interesting but I don't think it is worth this high price.[/quote]

Well there is the gba version, which is a lot cheaper. It does lack the cutscenes and voice acting but for the price I prefer it.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='yogi99']I finished the game a while ago. The game was interesting but I don't think it is worth this high price.[/quote]

Well there is the gba version, which is a lot cheaper. It does lack the cutscenes and voice acting but for the price I prefer it.[/quote]

no way, its not even the same game and soooo much easier, the psx version is far superior

You guys might wanna hold off on this. It's probably up there due to the re-release in Japan, they are probably assuming it will be re-released here as well. That's PROBABLY what you will get it, a re-released version IF and that's a big IF it does get a re-release here. So you need to ask yourself if you really wanna spend 43 on a re-release version. Of course there is the ever so thing chance they will actually ship the current version, but I wouldn't bank on it. Just something for you guys to consider.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='yogi99']I finished the game a while ago. The game was interesting but I don't think it is worth this high price.[/quote]

Well there is the gba version, which is a lot cheaper. It does lack the cutscenes and voice acting but for the price I prefer it.[/quote]

Truth be told the GBA version story events are also different from the Psone and sega cd versions (truth be told all 3 game sare different story event wise), I beat the GBA one and truth be told loved every bit of it, but the PSone version is king as far as story goes. The sega cd version has some cool twists as well, especially at the beginning. If you ever get a chance, play all three. They are all worth it.

[quote name='jimbodan']You guys might wanna hold off on this. It's probably up there due to the re-release in Japan, they are probably assuming it will be re-released here as well. That's PROBABLY what you will get it, a re-released version IF and that's a big IF it does get a re-release here. So you need to ask yourself if you really wanna spend 43 on a re-release version. Of course there is the ever so thing chance they will actually ship the current version, but I wouldn't bank on it. Just something for you guys to consider.[/quote]

I am going in on one of these knowing it will be a rerelease. To me 43.99 would still be a great deal for this game, and is the price is lower I will cancel and just grab it from whoever has it the cheapest. No loss on this deal whatsoever.

[quote name='KingNES'][quote name='jimbodan']You guys might wanna hold off on this. It's probably up there due to the re-release in Japan, they are probably assuming it will be re-released here as well. That's PROBABLY what you will get it, a re-released version IF and that's a big IF it does get a re-release here. So you need to ask yourself if you really wanna spend 43 on a re-release version. Of course there is the ever so thing chance they will actually ship the current version, but I wouldn't bank on it. Just something for you guys to consider.[/quote]

I am going in on one of these knowing it will be a rerelease. To me 43.99 would still be a great deal for this game, and is the price is lower I will cancel and just grab it from whoever has it the cheapest. No loss on this deal whatsoever.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm just betting if they re-release it it will probably be 19.99- 29.99. But I have no inside information, or source or anything on this, just my gut feeling. That's if they even re-release it at all.

Funny story. I accidentally bid on two copies of Valkyrie Profile a couple of years ago when the game was around $25. I ended up winning both of them, one used and one new. I payed for the new one by check, but a week later they said they hadn't received it, so I payed by Paypal. I ended up getting two new ones that way. I held onto them thinking that they may go up later.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='KingNES'][quote name='jimbodan']You guys might wanna hold off on this. It's probably up there due to the re-release in Japan, they are probably assuming it will be re-released here as well. That's PROBABLY what you will get it, a re-released version IF and that's a big IF it does get a re-release here. So you need to ask yourself if you really wanna spend 43 on a re-release version. Of course there is the ever so thing chance they will actually ship the current version, but I wouldn't bank on it. Just something for you guys to consider.[/quote]

I am going in on one of these knowing it will be a rerelease. To me 43.99 would still be a great deal for this game, and is the price is lower I will cancel and just grab it from whoever has it the cheapest. No loss on this deal whatsoever.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm just betting if they re-release it it will probably be 19.99- 29.99. But I have no inside information, or source or anything on this, just my gut feeling. That's if they even re-release it at all.[/quote]

44 bucks does seem like an odd price for a re-release

[quote name='iheartmetal'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='KingNES'][quote name='jimbodan']You guys might wanna hold off on this. It's probably up there due to the re-release in Japan, they are probably assuming it will be re-released here as well. That's PROBABLY what you will get it, a re-released version IF and that's a big IF it does get a re-release here. So you need to ask yourself if you really wanna spend 43 on a re-release version. Of course there is the ever so thing chance they will actually ship the current version, but I wouldn't bank on it. Just something for you guys to consider.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm just betting if they re-release it it will probably be 19.99- 29.99. But I have no inside information, or source or anything on this, just my gut feeling. That's if they even re-release it at all.[/quote]

44 bucks does seem like an odd price for a re-release[/quote]

Agreed all the way, I am sure the price will drop considerably and amazon will match as well with some kind of a drop. I am glad for the chance to have it again and not pay out the rear. To me this is oe of the greatest games ever made, and is a 2D masterpiece with nearly no equal.

[quote name='KingNES'][quote name='iheartmetal'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='KingNES'][quote name='jimbodan']You guys might wanna hold off on this. It's probably up there due to the re-release in Japan, they are probably assuming it will be re-released here as well. That's PROBABLY what you will get it, a re-released version IF and that's a big IF it does get a re-release here. So you need to ask yourself if you really wanna spend 43 on a re-release version. Of course there is the ever so thing chance they will actually ship the current version, but I wouldn't bank on it. Just something for you guys to consider.[/quote]

44 bucks does seem like an odd price for a re-release[/quote]

Agreed all the way, I am sure the price will drop considerably and amazon will match as well with some kind of a drop. I am glad for the chance to have it again and not pay out the rear. To me this is oe of the greatest games ever made, and is a 2D masterpiece with nearly no equal.[/quote]

I just hope they really re-release it, I'd love to play it, but I don't intend of paying ebay prices anytime soon. Hell, even if they charge 50$ I'll still buy it, it's just the cheapass in me that thinks that right now without any info and the possibility of a cheaper price 40 is too much. But hey, it could turn out they never re-release it and they end up shipping you a new copy. Stranger things have happened

[quote name='jimbodan']It's probably up there due to the re-release in Japan, they are probably assuming it will be re-released here as well.[/quote]

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

[quote name='lain21us'][quote name='jimbodan']It's probably up there due to the re-release in Japan, they are probably assuming it will be re-released here as well.[/quote]

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.[/quote]

I'd love to hear your ever so brilliant reasons for it being listed then?

I already said mine is merely a guess. Again please enlighten us with your wisdom as to why amazon has it listed?

....jackass

[quote name='wannabepunktony'][quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']

[/quote]

Where do you give credit where credit is due? If you have it posted where your journal info is, it's not easy to find because I can't find it. I wouldn't mind if you were posting generic deals, but you posted CAG-specific discounts (CAG15/16 for EB) without even crediting the site in your posts. That's seriously lame.

[/rant][/offtopic]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back