New Xbox 360 120gb Elite Spring Bundle Halo 3: ODST and Forza 3

kart007k

CAGiversary!
forzaodstbundle_78447_screen.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6253003.html

Amazon Link.
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Elit..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1267823632&sr=8-1

Nice deal! Seems like Sony have also been clearing out stock for the past few weeks. GoW3 bundle for $299???

never heard of the valhalla chipset yet, though the next xbox I get will probably be the one with a 250 GB HDD. Still, pretty nice bundle though I'd imagine most ppl have both or one of those extremely popular games.

[quote name='chriscolbert']But see, Lost Odyssey was ghetto stacked 3 deep on the spindle with a sleeve insert for the 4th. I honestly cannot see them doing that for this. Unless they have made a new style of case just for this, I really think they will be packaged as they are now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was going to point this out last night, but never got around to it. The LO case is, indeed, extremely ghetto. I don't know if they will do that here.

[quote name='Sway42']Stop the presses!

PS3 Slim 120 GB with Uncharted 2 + Little Big Planet GOTY Edition
300 bucks

You heard it here first folks![/QUOTE]
They don't have enough of regular Slims in stock right now, why bundle two more games? So they can sell out x 2?

Good deal if you are in the market for a 360.

To the people saying PS3 needs to pick it up... Why? They are out-selling M$ by a wide margin right now.

When Amazon sent the email about the bundle, I was annoyed b/c I'd just (Thursday) ordered the Lego Batman/Pure bundle (with the $50 GC and ME2 for $29). Then I noticed that neither of those two promos worked with this bundle. I've already got ODST (of course, I also already had Lego Batman), so I'm still better off with the one I've got.

Oddly, though, if I didn't already own ODST... I'd still go with the winter bundle with the $50 GC and ME2; for about $20 less, I would get a game for me, a game for my older son (Pure) and a game for all of my kids (Lego Batman). Plus, like someone above mentioned: the $20 I saved would buy ODST and/or Forza once used bundle copies started showing up everywhere. I think they should have stacked the ME2 discount, though... I can see them moving a lot more that way, even if they didn't offer the GC.

Damn i just recently bought a replacement xbox with the batman/pure games. Just my luck every time i buy something i find a better deal not long after lol.

[quote name='kingotnw']Good deal if you are in the market for a 360.

To the people saying PS3 needs to pick it up... Why? They are out-selling M$ by a wide margin right now.[/QUOTE]
Certainly not in the U.S.

Hell of a bundle, makes me wish I didn't just get the Holiday 2009 Bundle. I dig Pure though. And I got a 50 dollar GC with it. Still, Forza 3 is something I'd rather have more.

Hopefully this means Forza 3 will be Platinum Hits soon.

I just bought an elite 360 from gamestop last weekend. Any chance they will swap consoles out or give me the bundle games because it will be within 30 days?

[quote name='mitnosi']PS3 shortage in my area, same with Wii, Only seeing 360's around.[/QUOTE]

Same here...I WAS going to buy a PS3, but then I couldnt even locate one so I got a 360 instead.

Amazon is still out of stock on all PS3 models...been like that over a month.

[quote name='choder']I just bought an elite 360 from gamestop last weekend. Any chance they will swap consoles out or give me the bundle games because it will be within 30 days?[/QUOTE]

maybe just try to return it? I think I would it you are still in a period of time that you can. Maybe call a different gamestop and ask if you can return it and pretend you dont know about the new bundle then just go buy the new one from a different store. I would at least try

Their return policy states that if it's open it can only be exchanged for the same item so I don't know

[quote name='basilofbkrst']Bundle is off Amazon[/QUOTE]

I'm sure bEst Buy will get it sooner or later, since BB in Canada had the same bundle and price.

[quote name='Sway42']Source!

sourcej.jpg

(cant post links :D)

You heard it here first folks![/QUOTE]

Can't post links? No, you mean "can't post obvious fakejobs".

[quote name='KingDox']Where the F is the PS3 bundle that is this good? Its the only thing keeping me from getting one. I need that final push to actually buy one.[/QUOTE]

2401726269_cac26b7bcd.jpg

You're too late.

[quote name='Nintendonly']

2401726269_cac26b7bcd.jpg

You're too late.
[/QUOTE]

hells. yes. MGS4 + backwards compatibility. I'd never owned a playstation (any gen) before this and it not only gave me a PS3/blu-ray player, but access to all of the PS2 catalog that I'd never played...

I am 99% sure that they are putting out this bundle to get rid of the last stock of the 120GB X360's before rolling out the 250GB X360's as the official new one.

Hopefully though the games get cheap really soon, like the other game bundles. :D

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']When will Gamestop retail locations have this?
I'm thinking of trading in for it.[/QUOTE]
same, Im gonna trade my old 20 gig pro for it... but I hope gamestop will have it on tuesday

[quote name='Sgt Barone']they pulled it off Amazon. hmmmm...[/QUOTE]

Sold out? Microsoft told them to STFU?

[quote name='polishpride212']Not interested in the bundle, but can't wait for the game two pack to go extremely cheap.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Been waiting on ODST...especially for the Reach beta.

[quote name='darksunpr']same, Im gonna trade my old 20 gig pro for it... but I hope gamestop will have it on tuesday[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking of doing the same so I hope GS receives it. I would trade mine in with the $30 bonus & get $110. & then trade in my 20 hdd along with an extra controller & w/coupon(+25%) & edge(10%) would net me an xtra $30 so I would have about $140. So when ya add in the cost of forza 3, halo 3 odst, a new 120 hdd(which I desperatley need) & a new warranty from M$ for the remainding 160 + tax. I figure that to be one helluva deal.

[quote name='ProggleRock']Ditto. Been waiting on ODST...especially for the Reach beta.[/QUOTE]

Yea me three, however it took a long time for the fable/halo3 to come down in price and i don't think it's that cheap even now. so it might be a while.

I wonder why they pulled it.
If this is the new bundle maybe amazon will offer a great deal on the old elite

[quote name='padlok']I wonder why they pulled it.
If this is the new bundle maybe amazon will offer a great deal on the old elite[/QUOTE]

What?

Amazon pulled the sale??

and to think I just bought my 360 a few months ago with Lego Batman/Pure and could of waited up for this. Bah.

Also the day the PS3 slim comes bundled with any games for $300 I'll sell my soul to buy it.

My only questions is, will these consoles last?

I sold off the replacement 360 MS sent me after my launch 360 died. I wanted to avoid the console until I was 100% sure the problem was fixed.

Threw my ODST and Forza 3 on eBay. Hoping I come away a winner.

Got ODST for $31 when it came out from Amazon, and forgot how much I paid for Forza 3.

Hope as many game bundles of this end up on eBay like the Pure/Lego Batman bundles.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']My only questions is, will these consoles last?

I sold off the replacement 360 MS sent me after my launch 360 died. I wanted to avoid the console until I was 100% sure the problem was fixed.[/QUOTE]

I've been a 360 owner since 2-3 months after launch. I've never had an RROD, the only thing I had was my disk drive fail a few months ago. I guess I got lucky, and have only had 2 360s.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I've been a 360 owner since 2-3 months after launch. I've never had an RROD, the only thing I had was my disk drive fail a few months ago. I guess I got lucky, and have only had 2 360s.[/QUOTE]

I've had one for nearly two years, no problems so far, knock on wood. i've easily gotten my money's worth so far, though i'd still be super pissed when/if i ever see a problem. i'm still convinced part of the issue is putting the 360 in a vertical position. gravity works against the warmed up solder and the connections to the chips move ever so slightly. in the horizontal position, the chips stays in place. after some time heating up and cooling down, the solder looses it's various solvents and no longer melts as easy. we'll see, i'm only 2/3 into my rrod warranty, with my luck at 3.1 years it will die.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']My only questions is, will these consoles last?

I sold off the replacement 360 MS sent me after my launch 360 died. I wanted to avoid the console until I was 100% sure the problem was fixed.[/QUOTE]

I was lucky and got 3 years out of my launch 360 until my binge orb collecting in Crackdown started.
My refurb is going strong and I've been playing this console more then ever since I've become addicted to the pointless achievement points.
The current xbox360s should last.

Arg, I wish there was an official release date posted so I can trade in ODST before the TIV plummets. I was actually just getting my refurbed 360 ready to trade in for the FF bundle until I saw this thread.

bread's done
Back