New Xbox 360 120gb Elite Spring Bundle Halo 3: ODST and Forza 3

kart007k

CAGiversary!
forzaodstbundle_78447_screen.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6253003.html

Amazon Link.
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Elit..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1267823632&sr=8-1

[quote name='dapunisure']I'm just pretty bummed it came with a freakin av cable. Seriously, I mean why do sony & microsoft brag about the hi-def graphics yet they offer standard def cables??? Utterly ridiculous! Even my launch 360 came with component cables.[/QUOTE]
I totally agree with you. Here's a hint if you own an HDMI-enabled HDTV: I picked up a bag of four HMDI cables from Fry's not too long ago for $8 and they work great on my PS3 and Xbox 360. Never go to the TV section, go to the computer section.

Bleepin Gamestop - said they wouldn't have those until mid-April... When another store literally right down the street said they would have them this week.

How Gamestop is still in business seems like a miracle to me. Especially when you consider the poor customer service and rude employees (at least in my experience).

[quote name='Gfresh404']Bleepin Gamestop - said they wouldn't have those until mid-April... When another store literally right down the street said they would have them this week.

How Gamestop is still in business seems like a miracle to me. Especially when you consider the poor customer service and rude employees (at least in my experience).[/QUOTE]

In their defense, there are a lot of employees that still have no idea what this bundle is. I mean the bundle was announced and released in a span of 4 days I think. I know it's frustrating, but give them a break. I admit, if I hadn't heard of the bundle and someone asked for one, I'd just think they're crazy because why would a bundle include both ODST and Forza?

I was told yesterday by a Portland, OR area Gamestop manager that they should have them in two days. He didn't know what they were besides 'Xbox 360 spring bundles', because that's all it says in their shipping manifesto. But he did say once an item is in their shipping manifesto, it's normally just a couple of days until they receive it. He was surprised when I told him it included Halo ODST & Forza 3.

Anyway, he then checked their system to see if any other Gamestop in the Pacific Northwest had received them yet. The only location he found in the NW that already has them was in Boise, ID....so I guess if there are any Boise CAGs that need one now, you're in luck.

I missed out on the GS $30 bonus for hardware trade-in.
Anyone know how often GS has the hardware trade-in bonus?

I was in a Gamestop two days ago and they had it in stock sitting behind the counter. Guess ya win some and lose some.

I want to buy this, but I feel like there will will be some sort of a competing deal for it coming up very soon. The pack is great, and I'm 90% sure I'll be buying it, but I just suspect that someone will offer some sort of "buy an xbox, get a controller at a discount" deal, some sort of extra gift card, or something else with it once everyone starts selling this combo pack.

Yall think any other retailers will get this bundle besides GS?

I know BestBuy Canada had the bundle on their site, so i am hoping BestBuy over here gets them too. Or anybody besides GS, i hate ordering online when i am impatient and i hate going to GS.

[quote name='ppself']Yall think any other retailers will get this bundle besides GS?

I know BestBuy Canada had the bundle on their site, so i am hoping BestBuy over here gets them too. Or anybody besides GS, i hate ordering online when i am impatient and i hate going to GS.[/QUOTE]

Most companies are waiting to sell off their remaining supply of 09 holiday bundles. Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, Newegg, Amazon, Fry's, Buy.com, and Toys 'r us stores have all been receiving shipments of the new bundle.

The Best Buy I went into yesterday had a bunch of the new bundles. Also there was a couple old elite's sitting there with no games in it. I thought I would ask the manager for a deal since no one in there right mind would buy it and I already have Forza 3, but He wouldn't budge

I have a 360 from March 07 and upgraded the HD to a 60 since the 120's are no where to be found. also had to pay 15 dollars for the XFER cable through microsoft. the cable kit is pretty funny, it anctually says this is for one use only and to throw it away after I am done... LOL

[quote name='Kezmer']The Best Buy I went into yesterday had a bunch of the new bundles. Also there was a couple old elite's sitting there with no games in it. I thought I would ask the manager for a deal since no one in there right mind would buy it and I already have Forza 3, but He wouldn't budge

I have a 360 from March 07 and upgraded the HD to a 60 since the 120's are no where to be found. also had to pay 15 dollars for the XFER cable through microsoft. the cable kit is pretty funny, it anctually says this is for one use only and to throw it away after I am done... LOL[/QUOTE]

You could have just bought a hard drive from best buy, which comes with a cable and once you are done transferring material, just return the whole thing.

Might take a month before we seen any price drops, I just sold my copy of forza 3 on ebay for $31.00, so if u are looking on ebay or amazon then you can get it for cheap.

[quote name='entaius']Most companies are waiting to sell off their remaining supply of 09 holiday bundles. Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, Newegg, Amazon, Fry's, Buy.com, and Toys 'r us stores have all been receiving shipments of the new bundle.[/QUOTE]

That makes since.

At my BB they have been making there own bundles of 360's to make room for the FF13 bundles, since FF13 bundles is all they have on the shelf's now.

Called two GameStops today. First one said they won't be getting any until April 3rd, the start of their new sale. While irritated that she couldn't even bother to get their sale date right (unless they changed it), I called another and they have it! I'm off to swap Elites as I merrily skip and shout!

Finally was able to pick up one, but the manager was weird about it. After I told him I spoke to someone over the phone about his store having them in stock he paused for 10 seconds and said I didn't talk to him, but they have them in the back. While I was leaving, I overheard him mention not to sell the bundles to another associate. Maybe YMMV?

On a side note. Red Baron Pizza's are on sale at Wal-Mart for $2.98. I'm firing one up right now!

[quote name='UberSwiss']Finally was able to pick up one, but the manager was weird about it. After I told him I spoke to someone over the phone about his store having them in stock he paused for 10 seconds and said I didn't talk to him, but they have them in the back. While I was leaving, I overheard him mention not to sell the bundles to another associate. Maybe YMMV?

On a side note. Red Baron Pizza's are on sale at Wal-Mart for $2.98. I'm firing one up right now![/QUOTE]

Glad some else eats those, thanks for the heads up. Grats on getting the system.. it's frickin sweet isnt it? BTW, after I bought my bundle from gamestop, the manager jumped down my cashier's throat about selling it to me.. Apparently they think it's still a secret.

they kept mentioning March 17th everywhere I had called... not a street date, just gamestop's official release date. We broke the rules :3

[quote name='kart007k']You could have just bought a hard drive from best buy, which comes with a cable and once you are done transferring material, just return the whole thing.[/QUOTE]

Best Buys here have been out of stock of 120GB hard drives since Thanksgiving. I looked all of December and no store in this area carried them, I found refurbs at Microcenter but that was it. no other bundle has the Xfer cable that I know of.

Got a few PMs for better pics of the case. Just did a lil more.

Four-disk case.
scan0004.jpg
Manuals
scan0001.jpg
Hybrid Cover
scan0002.jpg
Proof.
scan0003.jpg

Thanks for the pictures! I'll be getting this bundle for sure. It's just a matter of when will be the best time.

I think there is going to be a discount of some sort coming, or at least a "buy a new xbox and get X at a discount" type thing. These bundles are hard to find right now, but they should be popping up in more stores, spurring more competition for deals.

Am I crazy to think that, and this is already a great deal, or does that seem like a realistic possibility?

Thanks a lot for the pictures... I'm such a freak about my collection that it bothers me when they bundle two games together into one case. I'm now less likely to buy this bundle.

[quote name='entaius']Got a few PMs for better pics of the case. Just did a lil more.

Four-disk case.
scan0004.jpg
Manuals
scan0001.jpg
Hybrid Cover
scan0002.jpg
Proof.
scan0003.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Did the Forza III come with the Sidewinder/Proving Grounds DLC cards as well?

[quote name='The Notorious ROB']So when can we see the price drop of Forza 3 and Halo: ODST?[/QUOTE]

i too am waiting for this. already have ODST, but I really want to pick up Forza 3 - just trying to hold on until the inevitable drop once these bundles hit and there's an excess of copies on the market...hoping sooner rather than later :pray:

[quote name='Smef']Thanks for the pictures! I'll be getting this bundle for sure. It's just a matter of when will be the best time.

I think there is going to be a discount of some sort coming, or at least a "buy a new xbox and get X at a discount" type thing. These bundles are hard to find right now, but they should be popping up in more stores, spurring more competition for deals.

Am I crazy to think that, and this is already a great deal, or does that seem like a realistic possibility?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't wait too long....Last year's spring bundle (halo3 and fable 2) was only around for what seemed like six weeks...ie, it came it, got to stores and then it might have been restocked once or twice and then it was gone. Most retailers aren't going to stock up on a bundle with M rated games, ie this will be a secondary 360 SKU...the primary SKU will always be the hardware without M rated games.

On a completely different note, I saw these on the shelf at Best Buy today...They had about 10 or 12 out

[quote name='One4Deuce']Thanks a lot for the pictures... I'm such a freak about my collection that it bothers me when they bundle two games together into one case. I'm now less likely to buy this bundle.[/QUOTE]

I am the exact same way but Forza 3 & halo 3 odst were too great games & I desperatley needed to upgrade from my launch 20 hdd. What I did after I bought the bundle was I spoke to the employee & was like "Dude, I know this is weird, but any way your willing to sell me used cases of the 2 games in the bundle because of the crappy packaging?" so he said he would if I pre ordered 2 games(1 for each case basically). So I preordered SMG 2 & Modnation Racers & I walked out with the best cases I could find of each game. =)

[quote name='K_G']I wouldn't wait too long....Last year's spring bundle (halo3 and fable 2) was only around for what seemed like six weeks...ie, it came it, got to stores and then it might have been restocked once or twice and then it was gone. Most retailers aren't going to stock up on a bundle with M rated games, ie this will be a secondary 360 SKU...the primary SKU will always be the hardware without M rated games.

On a completely different note, I saw these on the shelf at Best Buy today...They had about 10 or 12 out[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. I was planning on waiting a few weeks, but I do NOT want to miss this bundle. The winter 2009 bundle seems like it's been around forever, but maybe that's because the games are rated lower and it was being stocked for the holidays. I was assuming that this one would be the same. I didn't know the fable/halo 2 bundle was gone so quickly. I'd like to see more information about how long the pack will be around before I buy it, but I guess that will probably be pretty hard to come by. I may just order it this afternoon.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Did the Forza III come with the Sidewinder/Proving Grounds DLC cards as well?[/QUOTE]

It unfortunately does not. Only new retail copies come with it.

[quote name='Smef']Thanks for the advice. I was planning on waiting a few weeks, but I do NOT want to miss this bundle. The winter 2009 bundle seems like it's been around forever, but maybe that's because the games are rated lower and it was being stocked for the holidays. I was assuming that this one would be the same. I didn't know the fable/halo 2 bundle was gone so quickly. I'd like to see more information about how long the pack will be around before I buy it, but I guess that will probably be pretty hard to come by. I may just order it this afternoon.[/QUOTE]

It is hard to guess how many MS will put out and what their plans are for E3...Last year's spring bundle was an elite, when MS was still selling 60gb pros, so it was $100 more than the pros, which may have also led to it not being deeply stocked by retailers and since MS knew they were going to be phasing out the 60gb pros in a few months time, MS wasn't likely in a big hurry to pump out alot of them....it was likely more an attempt to help move some elites in the short term and then two months later, MS was more focused on getting the 60gb pros moved out.

Conditions may be similar this year with Natal coming down the road. It is quite possible these might be still available in 2 months time but I wouldn't be surprised that if they were few and far between at that stage

I just got mine today. The strange thing was when I called Best Buy, they didn't have any in stock but later on Best Buy Online had it in stock?!?! After work, I walked into Best Buy and I didn't see any of the Xbox 360 Spring Bundle so I ask one of the sale rep. After waiting 10 min near the storage room, The sale rep bought me the 360 bundle. Sorta piss me off but I got what I wanted. Also I did a PM on BOGO with Target and I got 2 copies of Halo 3 and Mass Effect. I'm going to the other Best Buy in my area to switch Halo 3 out to Left 4 Dead. Hell if they didn't give me the BOGO, I would have a nice talk with the manager and let him know I'll spend my money somewhere else and he can shove the damn bundle up where the sun dont shine. also I wanted to note, when did geek squad carry a retarded police badge? I mean come on how gay is that. I was really close to ask the guy, Dude, get a real job in the business world and stop walking around wearing a fake police badge.

[quote name='hvo']I just got mine today. The strange thing was when I called Best Buy, they didn't have any in stock but later on Best Buy Online had it in stock?!?! After work, I walked into Best Buy and I didn't see any of the Xbox 360 Spring Bundle so I ask one of the sale rep. After waiting 10 min near the storage room, The sale rep bought me the 360 bundle. Sorta piss me off but I got what I wanted. Also I did a PM on BOGO with Target and I got 2 copies of Halo 3 and Mass Effect. I'm going to the other Best Buy in my area to switch Halo 3 out to Left 4 Dead. Hell if they didn't give me the BOGO, I would have a nice talk with the manager and let him know I'll spend my money somewhere else and he can shove the damn bundle up where the sun dont shine. also I wanted to note, when did geek squad carry a retarded police badge? I mean come on how gay is that. I was really close to ask the guy, Dude, get a real job in the business world and stop walking around wearing a fake police badge.[/QUOTE]

Glad you found the bundle.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hvo']I just got mine today. The strange thing was when I called Best Buy, they didn't have any in stock but later on Best Buy Online had it in stock?!?! After work, I walked into Best Buy and I didn't see any of the Xbox 360 Spring Bundle so I ask one of the sale rep. After waiting 10 min near the storage room, The sale rep bought me the 360 bundle. Sorta piss me off but I got what I wanted. Also I did a PM on BOGO with Target and I got 2 copies of Halo 3 and Mass Effect. I'm going to the other Best Buy in my area to switch Halo 3 out to Left 4 Dead. Hell if they didn't give me the BOGO, I would have a nice talk with the manager and let him know I'll spend my money somewhere else and he can shove the damn bundle up where the sun dont shine. also I wanted to note, when did geek squad carry a retarded police badge? I mean come on how gay is that. I was really close to ask the guy, Dude, get a real job in the business world and stop walking around wearing a fake police badge.[/QUOTE]

Hey how did u get copies of H3 and ME2 and give them to best buy? and what does BOGO mean? Buy one get one free?

Explain this because it seems like you had a legit deal above and am going to purchase this bundle 2marrow and want to make the most out of my purchase.

[quote name='Parkerktm']Hey how did u get copies of H3 and ME2 and give them to best buy? and what does BOGO mean? Buy one get one free?

Explain this because it seems like you had a legit deal above and am going to purchase this bundle 2marrow and want to make the most out of my purchase.[/QUOTE]

Thats gotta be a YMMV BOGO(yes, buy one, get one).... nobody is running a BOGO right now... or am I just reading it wrong? I'm not good at reading prick.

I did a PM with Target online. Target online has Buy two get one free, so the smart thing to do is talk to the sale rep and show him the info online. I use my iPhone and the sale rep did the PM. If the sale rep doesn't want to do the PM then talk to the supervisor and lay down the law. More likely they will but if they don't just walk away. My Best Buy usually is good at PM but I heard different story from others here in CAG. Remember, you're the customer and if Best Buy wants your business they better PM the games. oh yea I paid $58 for three games and that's not including Forza 3 and Halo 3: ODST. I paid in total about $380 with the bundle including two games and three other games. Also if i wanted to, I can just return the extra copy of Halo 3 instead of getting a copy of Left 4 Dead and get my money back because the sale rep discounted each individual game. If I did that then I would get a buy one get one free deal.

Sorry for the wrong info about BOGO but I can still get the Buy One Get One free deal as long as I return the extra copy of Halo 3 back to Best Buy or exchange the game of what I want which is Left 4 Dead. As for reading prink...well I'm not a prink I'm someone who watches out for my money and knows how to work the system very well. Example, Last year I bought a PS3 80gb MGS4 Bundle for a $100 bucks with all the reward zone points I had and not only did I get the PS3 I got an extra $100 in a gift card. During that time Wally World had a special where you can buy a PS3 MSG4 bundle and get a $100. I PM at Best Buy and that was that. Don't hate when someone knows how to work the system and is that good at it. If you're wondering how I got so many points well I bought a TV and I had triple points which lead me to a $100 PS3.

Sorry for the wrong info about BOGO but I can still get the Buy One Get One free deal as long as I return the extra copy of Halo 3 back to Best Buy or exchange the game of what I want which is Left 4 Dead. As for reading prink...well I'm not a prink I'm someone who watches out for my money and knows how to work the system very well. Example, Last year I bought a PS3 80gb MGS4 Bundle for a $100 bucks with all the reward zone points I had and not only did I get the PS3 I got an extra $100 in a gift card. During that time Wally World had a special where you can buy a PS3 MSG4 bundle and get a $100. I PM at Best Buy and that was that. Don't hate when someone knows how to work the system and is that good at it. If you're wondering how I got so many points well I bought a TV and I had triple points which lead me to a $100 PS3.

[quote name='hvo']Sorry for the wrong info about BOGO but I can still get the Buy One Get One free deal as long as I return the extra copy of Halo 3 back to Best Buy or exchange the game of what I want which is Left 4 Dead. As for reading prink...well I'm not a prink I'm someone who watches out for my money and knows how to work the system very well. Example, Last year I bought a PS3 80gb MGS4 Bundle for a $100 bucks with all the reward zone points I had and not only did I get the PS3 I got an extra $100 in a gift card. During that time Wally World had a special where you can buy a PS3 MSG4 bundle and get a $100. I PM at Best Buy and that was that. Don't hate when someone knows how to work the system and is that good at it. If you're wondering how I got so many points well I bought a TV and I had triple points which lead me to a $100 PS3.[/QUOTE]

I was indirectly calling you a prick for your disrespectful demeanor towards retail associates, not for being a tightwad or opportunist.

[quote name='entaius']I was indirectly calling you a prick for your disrespectful demeanor towards retail associates, not for being a tightwad or opportunist.[/QUOTE]

No worries dude.

I have (aka want to) to believe that Microsoft is merely just trying to move some product to make room for the (rumored) Xbox 360 slim.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Thanks a lot for the pictures... I'm such a freak about my collection that it bothers me when they bundle two games together into one case. I'm now less likely to buy this bundle.[/QUOTE]

Really? I understand how you feel, but for a few bucks, you could just go to a copying place and have them print up a copy of the covers on quality paper. Then, all you need are a couple of spare cases. I know getting the cases for multi-disc games could be a pain, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would jump on this if the 360 Slim rumors weren't surfacing. Made the same mistake before by picking up a 160GB PS3 just 2-3 months before the PS3 Slim was released.. :lol:

Be careful if you buy the bundle from gamestop, you may get a repackaged one. Check the seals to see if they are double sealed and the front may have a full sticker over the old packaging, not a small sticker but a sticker the size of the box.

[quote name='gameboy280']Be careful if you buy the bundle from gamestop, you may get a repackaged one. Check the seals to see if they are double sealed and the front may have a full sticker over the old packaging, not a small sticker but a sticker the size of the box.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that on mine, but didn't think anything of it. Why would they be repackaging these?

[quote name='UberSwiss']I noticed that on mine, but didn't think anything of it. Why would they be repackaging these?[/QUOTE]

Curious employees most likely. They asked me if I could open it when I bought mine.

Picked this up a couple of days ago, hubby got it for my birthday. Good deal IMO, particularly because I was going to get ODST for beta access anyway, and since I don't have Halo 3, the ODST multiplayer disk gives me access to the online gameplay at least.

Too bad the xbox ate my Forza disk, literally put a giant scratch around the whole thing. I am going to take it back in to Gamestop tomorrow, hopefully they will be nice about exchanging the disk out. Hell I'd even take a used one, I'd rather have that then a useless one.

[quote name='TheDuckyOne']Picked this up a couple of days ago, hubby got it for my birthday. Good deal IMO, particularly because I was going to get ODST for beta access anyway, and since I don't have Halo 3, the ODST multiplayer disk gives me access to the online gameplay at least.

Too bad the xbox ate my Forza disk, literally put a giant scratch around the whole thing. I am going to take it back in to Gamestop tomorrow, hopefully they will be nice about exchanging the disk out. Hell I'd even take a used one, I'd rather have that then a useless one.[/QUOTE]

i shed a tear for you right now, cuz forza is one helluva game. I'm a gran turismo enthusiast but turn 10 has outdone themselves.

Just to follow up, they did indeed switch the game out. He didn't have any used copies, so he rang me up for a new one and then returned it, and swapped out the disk.

Nicest employee I have ever had contact with at Gamestop, and I've been shopping with the brand since I was like 11 years old and living in Texas, back when it was Funcoland (I'm old, cause that was like 17 years ago)

Too bad that means he won't last long there.

Anyone else find their unit to still be quite loud? I've had an original chipset since about 2007 and always found it to be annoying so I was excited for something quieter but it doesn't seem to me that this one is.

bread's done
Back