New XBOX 360 Wireless Adapter $79.99

MS is so ridiculous to have not included this built-in to the system. At least they could have added it in one of the later system revisions. MS has a lot of balls charging so much for stuff that their competition has for free.

Way to go bringing up an old topic. How bout you say how nintendo knew that all the NES systems collect dust causing you to blow in there like a mad man.

Wifi is in all versions of the PS3 Phat and Slim. It is better to do bridging in your are near a computer to use that connection and not give Microsoft a lot of money to get a connection to the internet.

[quote name='matrix9280']Ok so B.S aside this is a good deal right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you need a wifi connection for your xbox and don't want to set up a bridge with a second router then this is the cheapest and easiest solution. You won't find a better price on a 360 network adaptor.

In for one. If someone wants to pay me $40 shipped for my perfectly functional, 4 month old a/b/g 360 network adapter I certainly won't turn you down.

Can any other non Microsoft USB wifi adapter be used or does the microsoft software block it somehow. I'm specifically looking for a "N" type adapter.

[quote name='WilliamG']Better deal to buy it on eBay from buy.com for $82.99 before 15% cashback. That makes it $70 shipped.[/QUOTE]

buy.com has 4-7% cb, walmart has 20%

[quote name='ohboy10451']buy.com has 4-7% cb, walmart has 20%[/QUOTE]

No, buy.com is 15% on eBay. We're talking eBay! And Walmart is the same price as Buy.com, except out of stock so there's no cashback available for that item.

bing.com, search for "Nintendo Wii", and then buy the Wireless N adapter from buy.com's eBay store for 15% off, for a total of $70 shipped.

I'm pretty retarded when it comes to wireless signals.. why are people selling their perfectly functioning older wireless network adapters for the new one? What makes this one so much better than the old?

Still a ripoff. I bought my wireless bridge for $30 and it was easy to set up.

I find it laughable that even two tiny portable systems (the PSP and DS) have built in wifi but the 360 does not because it wants to milk it up.

[quote name='GalvatronType_R']Still a ripoff. I bought my wireless bridge for $30 and it was easy to set up.

I find it laughable that even two tiny portable systems (the PSP and DS) have built in wifi but the 360 does not because it wants to milk it up.[/QUOTE]

The PSP has the crappiest WiFi ever, so I barely consider it functional.

Even for the lazy, there are better deals than this one, but I guess it's OK.

Why don't people just buy a wireless bridge/access point instead of getting this? They're cheaper and universal for other products. This is just for the 360.

I hate this proprietary, overpriced stuff. At least in this instance, you don't need to buy it like you are forced to with their HDDs, because there are other options, and better, ones at that. And even if they were more expensive, you could use them for more than just the 360.

I'm looking into buying something for the living room 360 so I don't have to run ethernet cable under the house.

[quote name='WilliamG']No, buy.com is 15% on eBay. We're talking eBay! And Walmart is the same price as Buy.com, except out of stock so there's no cashback available for that item.

bing.com, search for "Nintendo Wii", and then buy the Wireless N adapter from buy.com's eBay store for 15% off, for a total of $70 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Oops my mistake. I live in NY so I was charged tax. Made it to about $80 shipped. Basically only saving tax from Amazon

[quote name='aosora13']Wifi is in all versions of the PS3 Phat and Slim.[/QUOTE]
It's not built-in on the 20gb.

[quote name='KingBroly']Isn't $80 the new MSRP for the A/B/G Wireless Adapter? And if so, how is this a deal?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Because this is the A/B/G/N Wireless Adapter.

Also, the price is now $88 on Amazon. Though a seller seems to be selling it for $6 shipped. I doubt that's a mistake.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002RS7NB2/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

[quote name='Scorch']why are people selling their perfectly functioning older wireless network adapters for the new one? What makes this one so much better than the old?[/QUOTE]
it's basically for HDTV owners, that are looking to stream HD content, good...

[quote name='aosora13']Wifi is in all versions of the PS3 Phat and Slim. [/QUOTE]

Not the 20 GB PS3

Don't say things as fact if you dont know what your talking about.

[quote name='slickkill77']I have the xbox one and it works perfectly fine. They are about $35 on ebay so you can get them on the cheap.
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1260233413&sr=8-3

http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-WGA11...3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1260233386&sr=8-3[/QUOTE]

Only problem is that this Xbox adapter (for the original xbox) does not do WPA encryption at all. Apparently, the hardware can support it, but they will never update it. Learned this the hard way when I updated my router and moved to WPA from WEP.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm pretty retarded when it comes to wireless signals.. why are people selling their perfectly functioning older wireless network adapters for the new one? What makes this one so much better than the old?[/QUOTE]

If you want to do the 1080p streaming from videos bought on the Zune Marketplace over Wi-Fi, you have to have wireless N, which the old one of course doesn't have. Also it supposedly has better quality for wireless a, b, and g because of the second antenna.

bread's done
Back