New XBOX Experience - General Discussion

USA TODAY Staff
Mike Snider wrote:1m ago
I've gotten emails from many of you and I haven't had time ot answer them all personally. I'm sorry. I know you guys are frustrated. I am frustrated, too. I am not personally handling the information flow to Microsoft. I am awaiting an update on what is happening myself. I promise you as soon as I know something, I will post something. Again, I apologize. This is not happening as smoothly as we had hoped.

[quote name='DestroVega']I feel bad for this Mike dude... seems things got out of hand.[/QUOTE]

Well he now has a taste of the rabid fanatical gaming community when they feel they are entitled to something. Poor guy.

[quote name='zewone']I'm looking at my sent email folder.

I sent it at 1:50 PM PST. So, I was one of the first here. Pretty aggravating.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry too much Zewone, it seems people are still getting the email as of 5 min ago.

what's even the point of this anymore? if they don't get this up tonight it will just be pushed to the next night, then the next, then the next, then sure enough the update will be up for everyone.

[quote name='thrustbucket']But the reply to address looks like some randomly generated string of numbers.[/quote]

Good...I thought it was just me.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It's a pre-filled form Zew...I doubt that they'll just take any email.[/QUOTE]

We'll find out. Also, I may not even need an email.

"I had hoped those of you I contacted personally would not have to be recontacted. However, the way I understand the process is that some of you may be recontacted and some may not. I will stay on it and check the final list when all is done. Signing off for a while - Mike"

I've had the leaked nxe for 2 weeks now. Just wanted to get back online with the legit update from USA Today. Serves me right I guess. Waits for 19th of November...

Ok, I just got an email from USAToday asking for my information, even though I already emailed it. so I replied with the information again and I just got another email from them that's completely blank. Hopefully I didn't mess up.

[quote name='Aku']Ok, I just got an email from USAToday asking for my information, even though I already emailed it. so I replied with the information again and I just got another email from them that's completely blank. Hopefully I didn't mess up.[/quote]
A lot of people have been getting blank emails back after sending in their information, so I think you're okay.

Yeah and I am one of the original people who sent my info in right after they put it up to join in the test drive preview of the NXE. Was confirmed by the Mike guy himself that my email was of course in their end in enough time so I should be in. One problem....

I don't have the email asking for my info..... My info was all correct so this normally wouldn't bug me.... but alot of people on there have said that their info was completly correct that they emailed yet they have the email asking for the info again and that they were chosen. So apparently 3rd time is not the charm..... Oh well it's only 6 days (soon 5 days) till its out but being home from work cause I am sick it would have been nice to stream netflix..... I gotta say this the whole NXE previews from major and now USA Today have been botched very very badley.

Check your email people....

NXE Preview: Third (and final) wave

We did it twice before and we’re going to do it again. We’re adding more people to the NXE Preview Program. This time, over 10,000 more Xbox LIVE members are being added in this third and final stage of the New Xbox Experience Preview Program. If you are chosen, you will receive an email later tonight (be sure to check your spam folder or add [email protected] to you safe list) followed by the update tomorrow (November 14th) afternoon (PT). As before, we’re only pulling names from those that originally signed up (there is no way to sign up if you missed it, sorry) and this selection process will be at random from those that previously filled out the Connect Program Survey from my original post. Again, this is final wave. All Xbox LIVE members will be getting the New Xbox Experience via Xbox LIVE November 19th.

Posted: Nov 13 2008, 05:13 PM by Major Nelson | with 35 comment(s) |
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
Filed under: new Xbox experience

Great news. If i don't get in via this or the USA Today preview, then i'm venturing to guess Nelson has a personal vendetta against me.

[quote name='SynGamer']Great news. If i don't get in via this or the USA Today preview, then i'm venturing to guess Nelson has a personal vendetta against me.[/quote]

And I will join you! HUZZAH!

[quote name='Nelo Ice']check ur microsoft connect accounts
i just checked mine and it said i got in[/quote]

Um...I think I'm in :whistle2:|?

Last edited by a moderator:
well from reading comments from other ppl who got the msg on majors site
In case anybody wanted to know: the time stamp on my e-mail was 10:35 ET.
The contents being the same stuff as on the connect.microsoft.com site.

Just got my email as well!! 11:45pm ATL =D
Also, I had that connect message that several people have already posted as well, if that gives others some hope.

I get the stuff on the connect site, but I didn't get any e-mails, and connecting to Xbox Live doesn't do anything for me. So I'm thinking everyone gets that if they signed up, whether they're "in" or not.

well it seems if u got the connect msg ur in

still waiting for my email but from reading comments ppl got the msg on connect long before the email

Here's a thought. If we're listed on Connect as being in, can we install the leaked NXE and be able to get onto Live, or do we need to wait til it's pushed out tomorrow?

[quote name='YodaEXE']Here's a thought. If we're listed on Connect as being in, can we install the leaked NXE and be able to get onto Live, or do we need to wait til it's pushed out tomorrow?[/quote]
Try it.

Take one for the team.

Just got the email that I'm in, on the same day I requested a coffin for my 360 since the DVD drive phantom ejects for no apparent reason after 5-10 minutes of gameplay.

MS has a sick sense of humour. :p I guess I can play around with it until the coffin arrives.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Here's a thought. If we're listed on Connect as being in, can we install the leaked NXE and be able to get onto Live, or do we need to wait til it's pushed out tomorrow?[/quote]

Good thought, but no. :) I already had the leaked beta, and I just tried a little while ago (maybe an hour ago). And I just got the e-mail now. I'll try again just to make sure, but if I don't update, assume we have to wait for tomorrow (which I'm about 99% sure of).

I guess we're in, tho, huh? Kinda fun, being in early.

bread's done
Back