New XBOX Experience - General Discussion

Browsing the Xbox Official Forums, I found this interesting bit of information from a user. I do not know if it is true, but it sounds like it is very plausible.

"Its a dash update issue, the version 2.0.7363.0 update was made live on Friday the 16th, and removed shortly after.

If you got the update notification on Friday, your system should still work with the storage device that you used at that time, but NO OTHER DEVICES will work.

This isnt a network issue or cache issue so dont bang your head against the wall trying to figure it out. "

Here is another quote: "Yes, this means somehow the flash in your Console was updated to 2.0.7363.0, but not your storage device.

Every time you try to connect to live, you will be prompted to download an update that has been removed from live.

Until MS releases a fix, you wont be able to connect."

Interesting. If anyone wants to look at the thread, you can find it here:

http://forums.xbox.com/25283951/ShowPost.aspx

Holy awesome! Microsoft just recently put the 2.0.7363.0 update back on their servers. I was now able to successfuly update my console.

I can now connect to Xbox Live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is glorious!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just got an Xbox Arcade yesterday and ordered the 20gb refurbished HD from Microsoft. I haven't received anything beyond a confirmation. I was wondering how long these tend to take to arrive? A week, 2? What am I look at here? =D

Thanks as always for the response!

New avatar items:

European National Football Teams Avatar items available

Some call it soccer, while others call it football. Whatever your call the game the theme for this release of avatar clothing is ‘European National Football Teams’. Here is a list of sport shirts that are now available in the avatar editor:
Austria
Belgium
Denmark
England
Finland
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Netherlands
Northern Ireland
Norway
Portugal
Scotland
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Wales

As usual: All clothing choices are free, and will remain available. It is easy to tell what is new when you are in the avatar editor, just look for the gold star. Any item of clothing with a gold star is new since the last time you signed in.
http://majornelson.com/archive/2009...al-football-teams-avatar-items-available.aspx

[quote name='kylerg']I accidentally purchased something because of the lag in NXE. Microsoft didn't care, and said no refund.[/quote]

damn that sucks, what was it?

[quote name='kylerg']I accidentally purchased something because of the lag in NE. Microsoft didn't care, and said no refund.[/QUOTE]

That is kind of hard to get past MS as they make it very hard to do that. The lag usually only occurs when loading the different screens and not once the screen is already there with all the text where you would see the purchase buttons.

So I have seen people mention lag and what not, but for it seems to hang for at least 20-30 seconds. If I do normal things like check out my friends list, compare games, just flip through the marketplace, or even just hit the guide button while playing a game, the system seems to "lock up" for a good amount of time. I sit there and then it works fine.

Is this normal that it is doing it for so long?

Yea whenever someone sends me a message and I hit the guide button in response there is a long wait which sucks. Going through the marketplace takes forever for me but that's because of my connection.

[quote name='DomLando']So I have seen people mention lag and what not, but for it seems to hang for at least 20-30 seconds. If I do normal things like check out my friends list, compare games, just flip through the marketplace, or even just hit the guide button while playing a game, the system seems to "lock up" for a good amount of time. I sit there and then it works fine.

Is this normal that it is doing it for so long?[/QUOTE]

Sadly that does seem to be the new normal for the NXE.

I dont have that bad of lag, even when i hit the guide button while playing a game.

I noticed how they removed the option to press the guide button when someone logs in, which would bring up their profile. This is good i think, cos half the time i would want to go to my guide right when someone logs in and id have to close it back up, wait for their pop up to go away and then hit guide again.

bread's done
Back