New XBOX Experience - General Discussion

Has anyone else been prompted to download an update for their 360 today? I just signed on to Xbox Live, and had to download a supposed 'update' that downloaded, installed, and restarted my 360.

Edit: After the 'update', all is well (for now).

[quote name='Chase']Has anyone else been prompted to download an update for their 360 today? I just signed on to Xbox Live, and had to download a supposed 'update' that downloaded, installed, and restarted my 360.

Edit: After the 'update', all is well (for now).[/quote]
Just got off after playing a couple rounds of Halo 3 with some friends, and no update prompting here. Sounds weird. I wonder what it was?

I just stopped playing rock band and when I went to the dash board it prompted me to update. No idea what it is for either. Preparing for Primetime Live?

[quote name='Razzuel']Yeah I just turned on my 360 and was immediately prompted to accept a system update. Odd, I wonder what it is for.[/quote]

I hope it doesn't activate killer transforming robot mode. :cold:

[quote name='Chase']I hope it doesn't activate killer transforming robot mode. :cold:[/quote]

Hmm, it could just be waiting till we are asleep to show its true face.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I got the update. Seemed to be rather substantial (took about 3 minutes). Weird that major hasn't updated his site about it yet.[/quote]
Yeah, i found it odd that it took a little while to download (10MB down connection) and then took about 2 minutes to install. Still no word either...

[quote name='Chase']Good news, the update now causes freezes to happen more often. It is time to rejoice.[/quote]

Holy shit, I cannot believe they finally implemented that!

In a more serious note I have not had any freezes, albeit I have not played any games since I updated, I have only sat on the dashboard.

I heard that all the menu tiles except MY XBOX are collapsed. And you press A on one of em and they spread out like they are before the update. But thats just what some user commented on another forum.

[quote name='Chase']I hope it doesn't activate killer transforming robot mode. :cold:[/QUOTE]

Hee hee.

Guys, maybe list your 360 revision with whether you were prompted for an update. I've got my Ethernet cable plugged in to my PS3 right now so don't know if I would have gotten it on my Falcon.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I heard that all the menu tiles except MY XBOX are collapsed. And you press A on one of em and they spread out like they are before the update. But thats just what some user commented on another forum.[/QUOTE]

I got that update and that isn't true.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I heard that all the menu tiles except MY XBOX are collapsed. And you press A on one of em and they spread out like they are before the update. But thats just what some user commented on another forum.[/quote]
No, not the case at all.

I have Dashboard 2.0.7363.0. I used Google to search for Dashboard 2.0.7363.0 and found this result from Wikipedia.

"The latest Dashboard update, revision 2.0.7363.0, was made available on January 15."

Yep, that's all the details I found about it. Wee.

Aesthetically, I see no changes. I have noticed that signing into Xbox Live takes a bit longer. And I don't know if this has always happened, but gamerpics take a while to load when initially opening the friend's list, though are quicker to show up when scrolling down said friend's list. :whistle2:k Oh, and there's still no Netflix party support. Boo.

Thank you for offering an elaboration, Microsoft. Do I get another free month of Xbox Live Gold if my 360 turns into a Decepticon and tries to kill me? :whistle2:#

when you try to activate netflix on you system so you need to have the xbox commected to XBL at the same time.

It keep saying that the code expired?

If you guys go to My Xbox => System Settings => Console Settings and then highlight System Info, it will tell you the version number of your dashboard.

I got the update and now have Dashboard: 2.0.7363.0

Seems odd that only a few people are receiving the update. If this was one of those implementing-features-in-the-background-to-be-activated-later type of updates, don't you think everyone would have received it?

[quote name='Razzuel']If you guys go to My Xbox => System Settings => Console Settings and then highlight System Info, it will tell you the version number of your dashboard.

I got the update and now have Dashboard: 2.0.7363.0

Seems odd that only a few people are receiving the update. If this was one of those implementing-features-in-the-background-to-be-activated-later type of updates, don't you think everyone would have received it?[/quote]

Only modded XBox's got the update. :lol:

[quote name='PhrostByte']Only modded XBox's got the update. :lol:[/quote]
Thankfully i can say that's not the case. Though right now i'd love to not have to pay $60 for these games. Still no word from MS i see?

I just checked my version since I have not got this update and I am still 7357. Maybe the people receiving the update are the same ones that got into the Major Nelson NXE Beta so they have your console ID and are trying some stuff out. That way if your system suddenly red rings or some other odd stuff happens, they will know the cause before the update goes out to all.

I finally got the update last night. Things actually seem to be running a bit quicker ever since. I haven't really had any huge delays opening up the Guide, and the dash runs a bit quicker.

[quote name='Owen']I just checked my version since I have not got this update and I am still 7357. Maybe the people receiving the update are the same ones that got into the Major Nelson NXE Beta so they have your console ID and are trying some stuff out. That way if your system suddenly red rings or some other odd stuff happens, they will know the cause before the update goes out to all.[/QUOTE]

I was a part of the beta, and I haven't received an update prompt.

My 360 keeps freezing when i try to play Lost Odyssey (disc 2). It worked perfectly fine a couple days ago before the mysterious update...

/me = pissed

[quote name='SynGamer']My 360 keeps freezing when i try to play Lost Odyssey (disc 2). It worked perfectly fine a couple days ago before the mysterious update...

/me = pissed[/quote]

I have been playing Lost Odyssey (disc 4) pre and post update without any problems.

[quote name='Razzuel']I have been playing Lost Odyssey (disc 4) pre and post update without any problems.[/quote]
I cleared my cache, used a different save file (HDD and MU) and still nothing...

[quote name='SynGamer']I cleared my cache, used a different save file (HDD and MU) and still nothing...[/quote]

Are you sure there is nothing physically wrong with your disc?

Enough time has passed since some of us got updates, without Major saying what it is, that I am pretty convinced now that it was for hack detection or something along those lines.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I still haven't been prompted for an update yet, so I'm not sure what's up with that bit of news.[/quote]

same.

Well this is really really amazing.

I have basically ran out of space on my 20GB hard drive, so I managed to get a good deal on a 120GB hard drive from Amazon.

The hard drive arrived today. I was excited that I would finally be able to install games, so I followed the manual verbatim, getting everything set up properly. Then I initiated the transfer.

When the transfer finished, it scared me a little because it told me that some of my files were corrupt and were deleted. Unfortunately it does not disclose what items were deleted. There is nothing I can do about it now, so oh well.

Now for the fucked up part. I put the new 120GB hard drive onto the 360 and booted it up. Well it asked me to update my 360, which I thought was weird. I accepted the update, but immediately after I accept the update it fails. The Xbox suggests that I go and test the network connection in the system settings. I test the network connection and everything is perfectly fine, except it asks me to update the Xbox. I tried to accept and it failed again!

I have tried accepting a couple times now and I am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or knows anything that I do not. Thanks.

Hmm it says I have the newest version of the Dashboard: 2.0.7363.0

So why the hell is it saying there is an update?

Boot up your 360 while you're not connected and format the HDD. Then restart your 360 and try the update. If it's still not working, it's more than likely you have a defective HDD and you'll need to return it.

[quote name='Draekon']Boot up your 360 while you're not connected and format the HDD. Then restart your 360 and try the update. If it's still not working, it's more than likely you have a defective HDD and you'll need to return it.[/quote]

Uh format? That sounds like a horrible idea—no offense. I cannot lose all my save data. I would lose my fucking mind!

There must be another way. Hmm.

Well I just thought about something for a second. Did you mean perform maintenance on it, where you press X X LB RB X X on the device options of the HDD? Well I just tried that and it is still failing the update.

bread's done
Back