New XBOX Experience - General Discussion

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Hit the Dashboard button and go to the settings tab, and then it's under preferences iirc... one of the ones in there at least.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

I feel bad not accepting game invites when I just want to play single player.

This was awesome news to wake up to! Downloading now.

EDIT: No soul patch facial hair? Boo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up the 120 GB hard drive from Target today for $90, so I'm set for the games install. I've been excited about this update for awhile now, but I'm not really sure why. I just love new things I guess.

Well looks like I wont be getting the update after all...Did a little research online and found out my Console was banned :(

I got it too, finally my 360 can be used on Live again. Even though I installed the leaked version I still have to download an update. Hmmm.

[quote name='kevzik']So these early updates are Nelson related only? Its not Gears 2 causing it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well, I know I had signed up, I'm sure it was just a coincidence that most of us were going to play Gears. I just thought it was an early release, until I read that statement over at the Major's site.

[quote name='ArJay2k8']Well looks like I wont be getting the update after all...Did a little research online and found out my Console was banned :([/quote]

Why did you get banned? Modded console? Installed Leaked NXE?

[quote name='eliter1']Why did you get banned? Modded console? Installed Leaked NXE?[/quote]
Most likely modded because plenty of people with the leaked NXE have gotten accepted into the preview and been fine.

Hmm...weird. I guess I'll sign on a little bit later, let the stuff cycle through. Not much hope though. I know I entered the ID correctly though. Double checked it. Never registered it though.

I wasn't given a reason..I only found out by doing a google search for my error codes...but yea...my console is modded..so that's obviously the reason...ah well..I've been without live for about 2 weeks now...I guess I can go awhile longer until I get another console.

The best surprise has been the ability to use the right stick to scroll through descriptions of stuff in the marketplace, though they've removed some of the need for that now. I also really like that seeing how much space is left on the hard drive is much easier, as it's show on the last tab of the My Xbox section.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The best surprise has been the ability to use the right stick to scroll through descriptions of stuff in the marketplace, though they've removed some of the need for that now. I also really like that seeing how much space is left on the hard drive is much easier, as it's show on the last tab of the My Xbox section.[/quote]

Yeah, it's kind of funny that they finally added that feature (manual scrolling through the description), and you don't need it nearly as badly as you did before.

[quote name='ArJay2k8']I wasn't given a reason..I only found out by doing a google search for my error codes...but yea...my console is modded..so that's obviously the reason...ah well..I've been without live for about 2 weeks now...I guess I can go awhile longer until I get another console.[/QUOTE]

Anything other than 'Z 0000 - 0000' = banned .

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The best surprise has been the ability to use the right stick to scroll through descriptions of stuff in the marketplace, though they've removed some of the need for that now. I also really like that seeing how much space is left on the hard drive is much easier, as it's show on the last tab of the My Xbox section.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I love that to be honest. Sad to say it was one of the first things I went to try. Made my night heh.

[quote name='SynGamer']So...where are the NXE themes?[/quote]

I've answered that before, it should be anything that says Premium on the theme. For now, I've only seen 4 on the Marketplace. 3 GoW2 and 1 for Vigilante 8. All cost 250 except for V8 which was the same price as the normal theme.

Don't forget to see the themes that came with the new dashboard as well though.

So do any of you guys remember when you signed up on the day when this thing opened up? I'm just trying to guess how they determine who gets in when. I signed up pretty late. Like...a couple hours before they closed it off.

Oh wait, there is a section for the NXE Themes.

Game Marketplace >> Theme and Gamer Pictures >> NXE Themes

Though they only show the GoW2 ones. I'm sure Vigilante 8 is one...since they have a normal and premium theme.

I noticed that New Arrival stuff in the marketplace is ordered by date added now instead of alphabetically, though it seems to be just gamerpics and themes that actually show the date they went up.

There seem to be a lot of community games available from the start. 26 is total.

Edit: It seems that the download queue's been increased, finally. At the moment, I have seven in there not including what was downloading.

Last edited by a moderator:
360 (or something like that), Spectrum, Day (I think), and Night, are included NXE themes, though Day and Night are the only ones with special Friends list backgrounds.

[quote name='cochesecochese']You've got one more day to wait. Chill.[/quote]

Yeah, I don't really comprehend the outrage. It's not like they were asking for money or anything. Shiv happens, ya know?

Easy for me to say, I guess, since I got in through Microsoft Connect. I'm glad I did, but it would have been a short wait. And tomorrow, everyone gets it and the spectacle begins. :) Hopefully it will be pretty seamless and not too morbidly spectacular. I think it's possible they worked out the kinks ahead of time.

[quote name='Stonecoldfreak1']i'm just upset that i was told i'm in for almost a week now and i'm stuck with nothing still.[/quote]

The old carrot dangling in front of the nose, eh? I really don't think USA Today or Microsoft intended to depress anyone with the thing, though. It's tough to do these little promotions, because folks inevitably end up disappointed.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I just got the NXE but didn't receive an email or anything about getting early access. I signed up for the beta too if that matters.[/quote]

It has begun!! :)

(I think.)

Woot! Loving it so far. A bit more responsive than the blades ever were.

Nogib.png

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Yeah, I don't really comprehend the outrage. It's not like they were asking for money or anything. Shiv happens, ya know?

Easy for me to say, I guess, since I got in through Microsoft Connect. I'm glad I did, but it would have been a short wait. And tomorrow, everyone gets it and the spectacle begins. :) Hopefully it will be pretty seamless and not too morbidly spectacular. I think it's possible they worked out the kinks ahead of time.[/quote]

Aye. I think I'll enjoy it quite a bit more when I have a full friends list full of avatars and voice chat is working well again.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I can't find where I need to go to change themes. Any help?[/QUOTE]

If I recall correctly I found it on the page with my avatar.

Nogib.png

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I can't find where I need to go to change themes. Any help?[/QUOTE]

Move up or down and you will find an option for it.

[quote name='Nogib']If I recall correctly I found it on the page with my avatar.

Nogib.png
[/quote]
Thanks. Tried the mini-blades and settings, where it was before and found nothing. Seems to be much, much quicker to show the themes than it took before.

To change themes, click on the box with your Avatar on it, then select Change Theme

My quesiton:

Anyone got a hookup for some free Netflix trial? A month maybe?

Gah! Im stuck in a terminal loop. I can connect to live then my console says I have an update available, then it says it cant connect to live. Testing the connection says I cant connect to live either. I just downloaded some demos of live the other day, so this is really ticking me off.

I signed on to XBL right now with my 64MB memory unit, and it said my device was full, making me believe I have an opportunity to get in already.

I have the NXE leak on my HDD. Should I risk plugging it in?

I downloaded the update to a CDR a few days ago and installed it. Currently I can not connect to live, but I thought that would fix once they switched to the new OS

[quote name='zewone']I signed on to XBL right now with my 64MB memory unit, and it said my device was full, making me believe I have an opportunity to get in already.

I have the NXE leak on my HDD. Should I risk plugging it in?[/quote]

absolutely. I think you'll be fine.

bread's done
Back