Newegg $12 off preorders (The Last Story, Mugen Souls, Dragon's Crown) EXP 7/1

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Got an email about this..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...isNodeId=1&Description=Preorderpromo+&x=0&y=0

Basically preorder any game on that list and use BTENDHE54 to get $12 off the preorder. You have to get an email with this code for it to be active on your account though.

If this has been posted already, let me know and I'll lock the thread, otherwise this is a great deal for Last Story and Dragon's Crown.

EDIT**** If the link is broken, just search Preorderpromo to find all the items that are part of the promotion.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Masterkyo']The Last Story pre-order at Amazon includes the art book & Special Custom Case. Newegg pre-order come with extra like amazon ???[/QUOTE]

It's supposed to be all first print copies, not a bonus or LE or anything.

I hadn't been signed up to receive e-mails, but made sure I was now. I'm guessing it's too late to get something for this promotion...damn shame as I'd be all over The Last Story

Oh, I wish I got this e-mail. I would definitely switch a couple of my pre-orders from other retailers to Newegg if I could apply the code to them.

Come on, Newegg. Been waiting for a promo for this game for a long time. If I don't receive an email, this could be my last story.

[quote name='KanYozakura']I'm signed up for emails AND ordered Child of Eden PS3 recently...no email. WTF, really wanted Last Story and NNK[/QUOTE]
Seeing that TLS and NNK are probably not going to have any fucking preorder deals besides this, it annoys me that only certain customers are getting this. I spent way over $200 buying a GFX card and HD for my new system there, bought games new from them on release.

Oh well, luck of the draw, but just annoying,

Might give this a chance. Didn't get the email, but it's worth a shot. I'm not super interested in The Last Story (still need to pick Xenoblade back up and finish that) but it seems like a game I'd be super in to and I do currently have $5 at GS toying with the idea of keeping that pre-order. Getting it for $38 is super tempting.

Obviously really interested in NNK too, and kind of interested in MGR:R (favorite series ever, but never been huge on Platinum Games's stuff). Will probably try it tomorrow morning. Is shipping free or does each one add on $5 or something?

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Might give this a chance. Didn't get the email, but it's worth a shot. I'm not super interested in The Last Story (still need to pick Xenoblade back up and finish that) but it seems like a game I'd be super in to and I do currently have $5 at GS toying with the idea of keeping that pre-order. Getting it for $38 is super tempting.

Obviously really interested in NNK too, and kind of interested in MGR:R (favorite series ever, but never been huge on Platinum Games's stuff). Will probably try it tomorrow morning. Is shipping free or does each one add on $5 or something?[/QUOTE]Shipping should be free, and if you're not sure, it says "Free Shipping" in somewhat-big letters on each of the qualifying items' pages.

[quote name='Vigilante']Shipping should be free, and if you're not sure, it says "Free Shipping" in somewhat-big letters on each of the qualifying items' pages.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, must have overlooked it. Thanks.

just finished preordering about $400 in games from newegg, might have to cancel the doa5 one though as I need the CE, learned about it late.

Looks like I need to see if I got this e-mail and, if so, order two or three copies of "The Last Story". After all I need to subside my Studio Ghibli buying overseas. :D (fucking near Euro to Dollar exchange rate for Yen)
That reminds me, I need to import "Ni No Kuni" as well. Naitosan, Nihongo(w)o yomimasuka.

Didn't get the email about this pre-order sale, but the code still worked for me. So it's worth a shot for those who haven't tried it yet. Picked up the last story. The only annoying part was that I wasn't able to use my shoprunner account for shipping.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Didn't get the email about this pre-order sale, but the code still worked for me. So it's worth a shot for those who haven't tried it yet. Picked up the last story. The only annoying part was that I wasn't able to use my shoprunner account for shipping.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, ShopRunner hasn't really offered me any benefits over Newegg's shipping.

I got the email on the 25th, for buying Resonance of Fate during their last sale.

Ended up buying Mugen Souls, Lego LotR, Dragon's Crown, and Witch and the Hundred Knights, since they're the biggest % off of what I wanted. Epic Mickey and Ni No Kuni for the other two that I wanted to get, but I'm not really exited for either.

[quote name='snatcher33']No 360 games.......REALLY?????????????????[/QUOTE]

Xbox 360 games do work. I got this email because I bought Max Payne 3 when it came out. I just ordered Borderlands 2, Hitman, Splinter Cell, and GTAV for $48 off. 360 games just aren't listed in the promo list. Just add them to your cart and the discount should apply if the code works on your account.

[quote name='Sarang01']Looks like I need to see if I got this e-mail and, if so, order two or three copies of "The Last Story". After all I need to subside my Studio Ghibli buying overseas. :D (fucking near Euro to Dollar exchange rate for Yen)
That reminds me, I need to import "Ni No Kuni" as well. Naitosan, Nihongo(w)o yomimasuka.[/QUOTE]

$12 off flipping isn't really going to make you anymore than enough for a big mac meal after you factor fees into it.

I got mine last night, in a "thanks for your patronage" email which I usually ignore. $12 off some more interesting/obscure games is interesting, though, and I wouldn't need to play them right away.

Kinda tempted to get in on this, but it really feels like all/most of these games are going to get this very same deal a few weeks before they release.

Newegg has been killing amazon for me. I have about 5 games on pre-order on Amazon, and every week I get an email offering a better deal at newegg. I am down to only one pre-order from Amazon, and I can't cancel it because it is the borderlands 2 ultimate loot chest. The latest was secret world, 49.99 on amazon pre-ordered. I get an email saying they would sell it to me for 37.99 w/ free shipping. Guess this will be my last year of Amazon prime.

wow aren't these non-unique preorder codes usually available to all customers? I know there's email promos for $10 off $50 order (never received one of those) or other discounts on electronics crap I never buy (only buy games).

still have a few days I guess.

There's a few things that feel like good pre-orders, if only because it may be hard to find good sales on them - Ni No Kuni, Last Story, etc. Others I will probably wait for a $40 sale or something, like Dishonored.

Oh Hell Yeah!!! Thanks OP Dood!!! I never got the E-mail from NewEgg but decided to try the code anyway and...it WORKED! I've got Ni No Kuni, Dragon's Crown, and Mugen Souls. Totally saved $36. :D

I ordered myself P4Arena, Mugen Souls (I feel NIS just going to have bare bones on this...if not i'll cancel it and order the LE), Ni No Kuni and Last of Us. Glad i got to cancel P4Arena amazon order...will always take discounts over amazon prime shipping.

NEVER GOT EMAIL and CODE STILL DOESN'T WORK! WASTE OF TIME!

NEWEGG SUCKS! They always pull crap like this and not honoring pre-order prices usually too, saying sorry, out of stock. This is why I go with Amazon. I've ordered tons of games from NewEgg in the past, but I just randomly don't qualify. BS.

Any idea what the criteria are for qualifying? Didn't work for me either, but I'm just an occasional NewEgg buyer. Would have ordered a half dozen games from them if it had, though.

[quote name='mitch079']Never got the email but the code worked. Pre-ordered The Last Story.[/QUOTE]

Same here, the code works for me without receiving the email. I don't know wtf is up with their newsletter system. I use to get their weekend deals, daily deals, etc. and now I never get any of them anymore. I changed my email preferences several times and they look correct.. and still nothing. O well, at least other CAGs keep me informed with these posts.

[quote name='elessar123']I think you had to had to have bought a game from them recently.[/QUOTE]
I preordered Witcher 2 from them, never got email and the code doesn't work so I'm not sure how recent it would of had to have been.

I sure hope Amazon does something similar to this. But it's unlikely since they've been dropping the ball on deals lately.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']NEVER GOT EMAIL and CODE STILL DOESN'T WORK! WASTE OF TIME!

NEWEGG SUCKS! They always pull crap like this and not honoring pre-order prices usually too, saying sorry, out of stock. This is why I go with Amazon. I've ordered tons of games from NewEgg in the past, but I just randomly don't qualify. BS.[/QUOTE]

Why did you think the code will work if you never got the email? There are some lucky ones who were able to use the code without receiving the email but they're the exception, not the rule. I haven't ordered anything from Newegg recently and didn't get the email. I'm not mad in the least bit, just bummed out I didn't get it offered to me.

No email for me but the code did work. Preordered

:wii: The Last Story
:360: Persona 4 Arena
:360: Tomb Raider
:360: BioShock Infinite

Got $12 off on each.

ETA: Actually I did have the email, just missed it in my inbox.

[quote name='BrentronD']I sure hope Amazon does something similar to this. But it's unlikely since they've been dropping the ball on deals lately.[/QUOTE]

This is sadly true. Amazon's deal dominance is basically gone now. :/

I'm a long time newegg user and have bought games from them recently. I get tons of emails from them every week.

I didn't get this email and the code doesn't work for me. Bummer.

code works for me, i didn't know it was $12 off per game. thanks for the heads up guys. i might've deleted the email by accident.

Got P4 Arena, CoD BLOPs2, Dishonored and The Last Story. didn't wanna pay full price for any of them but i wanted to play them near launch so this is great.

So, I opened newegg up on my phone last night after I had been at work all day and something weird had happened. The last story was still in my cart but it was showing the discount working (which it hadn't earlier). The other funny thing was I wasn't logged into my account. I started adding games, and sure enough it was working. Then after adding and removing about ten games I was ready to buy. I chose to switch back to cag and let everyone know but that caused my newegg page to reload and POOF, the page logged me in and suddenly I was not valid for the code and lost all the discounts. I've been trying to recreate it to no avail since last night. I'm a sad panda.

bread's done
Back