Newegg $49.99 XBOX Live 12 Month Gold Starter Pack

timmaa

CAGiversary!
Sorry if this is a repeat. Got it with the morning mail in the daily promotional e-mail from Newegg. Price good without a code. Quite a steal, I'd say.

I searched for it the old fashion way and it comes up as $63.24 on the search page, but on the product page/cart/purchased it is indeed $49.99, shipped I might add.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103230

EDIT: Currently Oos. If surprisingly they find some under a oliphaunt or something... use NEWCUSTOMER10 as a promo code for an additional $10 off $50 if you create a new account. You must add filler to get this promo to work.

Thanks go to style_unseen.

EDIT2: Has come back into stock and gone out again. I'd keep checking for more if I was you, especially at this price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got one this time. $40.98 with one of the $0.99 cards and the newcustomer10 promo code. I think that was my last email account I haven't used with them though.

how the heck do you use that newcustomer10 promo code??? i really screwed it up. it said i had to login to input the promo code but i create the account. and then it says the code is invalid and only valid with new members.

gOT IN! tHANKS op AND EVeryone who bumped it. Got one of those cards, 40.98 with free shipping great deal. Will be selling the chatpad on ebay for 99 cents if anyones interested.

thanks for the bump....

got it for 45, new egg sent me a 10 % code valid on anything until the end of the month.....

got one (I think). I used the promo code with "new" email (same gmail but no dots this time).

while checking out I had to enter the phone # on the back of my cc for verification. don't ever recall this.

when I check my recent order status, the order # shows up twice. the first is the live pack and shows "charged" while the other is the filler item (a magic card) and is "processing".

I hope this goes through. after checkout there was this visa page loading that was verifying info

Alright, I did something and I hope it works. I couldn't find any filler item at Newegg that I could actually use and be worth the cost of the filler. So I got the preorder for Halo Anniversary and that got me to qualify. and then I'll cancel the preorder later when a better Halo deal comes out.

*fingers crossed*

Kinda thinking about biting for live and points as I got this when it was $60 last year. Not sure what I would do with the extra stuff though.

Tax for CA :(

Nonetheless, $44~ for the starter kit and a Shattered Angel. Jackpot. Much better than when I bought a 12 month card for 44ish by itself.

Edit: Do 12 month cards have an expiration date? I still have 11 months left on my current membership :eek:

[quote name='Aysion']

Edit: Do 12 month cards have an expiration date? I still have 11 months left on my current membership :eek:[/QUOTE]

I don't know about current ones, but I've used ones in the past that were two plus years old...You can also just add it to your account and it will extend the date....I believe you can have up to 36 months banked up on your account.

Damn it, deal's dead again. Had it in my cart but was waiting till I got home to buy it. Oh well, hopefully it comes back. . .

[quote name='Aysion']Tax for CA :(

Nonetheless, $44~ for the starter kit and a Shattered Angel. Jackpot. Much better than when I bought a 12 month card for 44ish by itself.

Edit: Do 12 month cards have an expiration date? I still have 11 months left on my current membership :eek:[/QUOTE]

There's no reason to save your card in a drawer until your subscription nears expiration. Just use it and it'll tack on the time to the end of your membership.

the only reason to hold onto a card is if you plan on giving it to someone. otherwise, use it! :)

[quote name='DYNO']Damn it, deal's dead again. Had it in my cart but was waiting till I got home to buy it. Oh well, hopefully it comes back. . .[/QUOTE]

same damn thing happened to me

For future reference, if you make a new account does it have to be a totally different name, credit card, etc. or will just another e-mail address suffice?

[quote name='Killbomb']For future reference, if you make a new account does it have to be a totally different name, credit card, etc. or will just another e-mail address suffice?[/QUOTE]

i think new email will be enough. i signed up for another account with the same info and the $10 off code worked

Sign up for the price alert. (49.99) and they will email you when it's back in stock (if it's still at that price). That's what I did with mine and how I found out it was back. Sucks that I paid $50 and not $40 for it though...forgot to make a new account. O well, still a great deal!

[quote name='K_G']I don't know about current ones, but I've used ones in the past that were two plus years old...You can also just add it to your account and it will extend the date....I believe you can have up to 36 months banked up on your account.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='onlysublime']There's no reason to save your card in a drawer until your subscription nears expiration. Just use it and it'll tack on the time to the end of your membership.

the only reason to hold onto a card is if you plan on giving it to someone. otherwise, use it! :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks :D. I mine as well, I'll be playing BF3 for a loooong time....

I was wondering. I just signed up for newegg and seen others talking about getting a new member code but I never recieved one. How do I get a code?

[quote name='cardsharkrob']I was wondering. I just signed up for newegg and seen others talking about getting a new member code but I never recieved one. How do I get a code?[/QUOTE]

NEWCUSTOMER10

There's your code. Enjoy!

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Oh thank you very much Chrono, Now i just have to wait for this to get back in stock. Hopefully on thursday when i get paid[/QUOTE]

No prob. Glad to help. Keep your eye close on the stock if you really want to snag it. It seems to come back in stock randomly. Good luck!

So I just discovered that the 360 headset I bought less than a year ago is now broken. Man, I really hope this comes back in stock now.

I ordered it on 9/8 and my shit arrived yesterday. The chat pad is broken and so is the headset. I tried seeing if they would replace it and it will cost me $10.76 to ship it back to them after I print off a return label.

If I didn't have bad luck i'd have no luck at all

What makes it worse is I didn't even create an account to get the extra $10 off or whatever, booooooo!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chrono Gear']NEWCUSTOMER10

There's your code. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Does that code no longer work? Even at $64 with the chatpad, headset (which I need one of) and the 400 MS points, I still think it's an ok deal.

Tried to create a new account and it said the coupon is no longer valid. Not sure if I did it right.....

[quote name='Rod92905']Even at $64 with the chatpad, headset (which I need one of) and the 400 MS points, I still think it's an ok deal.[/QUOTE]

Toys R Us has it for $55 this week.

[quote name='TheRobReport']I ordered it on 9/8 and my shit arrived yesterday. The chat pad is broken and so is the headset. I tried seeing if they would replace it and it will cost me $10.76 to ship it back to them after I print off a return label.

If I didn't have bad luck i'd have no luck at all

What makes it worse is I didn't even create an account to get the extra $10 off or whatever, booooooo!!!![/QUOTE]

Don't accept that. They are responsible for delivering you a working product. They should provide you with a prepaid return label or refund your shipping upon receipt of the broken item. Just file a claim with your CC. Regardless of their stance that they don't produce the item.

mine arrived yesterday (Magic card filler item still hasn't shipped). I just opened it up to try out the chatpad but no go. Created a new message but could not type a single character. The headset seems to be fine.

bread's done
Back