NewEgg.com Rock Band $159.99

[quote name='monstericreated']I think we might be screwed. This customer service rep I'm talking to is giving me the same stock answers and isn't really clearing up any confusion. He just keeps telling me that my item is a pre-order and once they get it in stock it will take 24-48 hours to be transferred...

I'm thinking maybe I should just go to the store and try and pick up a copy early tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Think it's worth getting in line?

I know Target is saying they'll have it at 8:00AM, so I'm thinking of getting there around 7:00... I'll probably buy it, and then return the Newegg copy to Target whenever Newegg gets off their butt and ships the darn thing.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Think it's worth getting in line?

I know Target is saying they'll have it at 8:00AM, so I'm thinking of getting there around 7:00... I'll probably buy it, and then return the Newegg copy to Target whenever Newegg gets off their butt and ships the darn thing.[/quote]

Actually, I didn't think of that - That's a good idea. I'm considering Target as well... But I'm a little worried about these weak drum kits. My brother already received his from Amazon today, so maybe I'll just test his out and cross my fingers for the Newegg one. Idunno.

[quote name='uglyteradon']3-day shipping is listed as Free for me...[/quote]

thanks for the heads up. i just did a livechat and they told me they couldn't do anything now since the order wasn't transferred yet, but they put a note on my account and i'm supposed to contact them after it invoices (whenver that might be!) to have the shipping charges refunded.

chatinfo.gif
Please wait while we connect you to a Newegg representative.
chatinfo.gif
Thank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Kathy. How may I assist you today?
Erick: hello kathy, i just had a question about a preorder i had
Kathy: How may I assist you?
Erick: if possible, i would like to know if my item will be shipped by tommorrow, when it is released
Erick: i placed the preorder a week ago
Kathy: It probably will; however, we cannot guarantee that now.
Kathy: Rest assured that we will process your order once the item is available.
Erick: ok, i've got another question then
Erick: when i placed my preorder, there was a 5 dollar charge for the shipping
Erick: now, the site is showing that there's a "free 3 business day shipping"
Erick: will i still have to pay the shipping charges? or will you guys discount me those 5 dollars?
Kathy: If the item is still free 3 days shipping when it is available, please contact us back and we will refund the shipping fee.
Erick: ok then, that is all
Erick: thank you very much for your help
Kathy: You are welcome.

Well, from the looks of this conversation, it looks like there's a possibility it might not ship at all, since it looks like she didn't know much about it. Oh well, at least I can get the 5 bucks back - *if* I can be patient enough to wait 'till it ships.

Damn, such a slow, SLOW wait for tommorrow. I guess it still beats waiting in line at Best Buy or any other place, and paying almost 30 bucks more, 20 of them being taxes.

Just talked (well, chatted) with a CSR this morning. After she checked on my order number, I was told that it would be "transfered to a sales order within 24-48 hours" and that I'd recieve an e-mail when this would happen.

I'm ok with this, especially after seeing all the reports of B&M shortages online. I don't mind getting it a bit later, as long as I get it! :lol:

[quote name='Wayne Cabana']Just talked (well, chatted) with a CSR this morning. After she checked on my order number, I was told that it would be "transfered to a sales order within 24-48 hours" and that I'd recieve an e-mail when this would happen.

I'm ok with this, especially after seeing all the reports of B&M shortages online. I don't mind getting it a bit later, as long as I get it! :lol:[/quote]

I hope she's right because it seems like half of the customer service reps don't know what they're talking about. I'd rather get mine for $160 shipped, too. I skipped out on getting mine B&M, so this better work out!

[quote name='monstericreated']I hope she's right because it seems like half of the customer service reps don't know what they're talking about. I'd rather get mine for $160 shipped, too. I skipped out on getting mine B&M, so this better work out![/quote]

I pick up on at Target on the way to work today. However, I'll wait on this so I can save $20. Won't be able to play until I get my XBOX back from MS after RROD.

Just to bring some very good news to this thread, here is my latest conversation with them, and it atleast made me hopeful to get the bundle soon:
chatinfo.gif
chatinfo.gif
Thank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Joanna. How may I assist you today?
Me: Hello Joanna, I have the game Rock Band Special Edition preordered for Xbox 360, and it was supposed to come out today. Yesterday I was told in a chat with a Newegg representative that my game would be shipping today, yet I have had no email about it. I was wondering if the game is currently in stock or not? and if it is, when should I expect it to be shipping?
Joanna: All pre-orders for this game will be sent out by today, the release date, or the day after. Once it ships, we will notify you via email with all of the tracking information.
Me: OK, thanks a bunch. I need this gmae for a birthday present next week and am glad to know that I will have it by then. Have a nice day!
Joanna: You too. Thank you for visiting newegg.com. Please contact us at anytime.

Scott: What is the status of my rock band order?
Sarah: Let me take a look into that...one moment please.
Sarah: The order is still in process.
Scott: Is there an expected ship date? Is the product in stock?
Sarah: The item is in stock now. It is just a matter of getting all the preorder processed and ready for shipping.
Scott: so it should ship in the next day or 2?
Sarah: Yes

chatinfo.gif
chatinfo.gif
Thank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Joe. How may I assist you today?
Erick: hey joe
Erick: i have a question about a preorder
Joe: Hi! Thanks for contacting us. How can I help you today?
Erick: my item was released yesterday, but they haven't shipped it yet
Erick: i wonder if there was any way to know when they will ship it?
Joe: Let me take a look into that...one moment please.
Erick: ok
Joe: Once the item is back in stock it will ship out. You will receive an email giving you the status of that order.
Erick: so that means i won't be getting it soon?
Joe: That is correct sir. You will be notified by Monday giving you the status of the order.
Erick: so that means you already started to ship some of them?
Erick: because the item was never "in stock"
Erick: since it was only released until yesterday
Joe: It was out of stock because we had so many pre orders.
Erick: it's just that i chatted with another newegg support person yesterday, and she told me it would ship today
Joe: She stated that it probably will but it's not guaranteed.
Erick: oh darn
Erick: so any idea when the next shipment is arriving?
Erick: or to know at least an approximate of when my item will be shipping?
Joe: You should receive an email giving you the status of that video game.
Erick: all the way until monday?
Joe: That is correct.
Joe: I will send a request for you to have more info once we have received the game back in stock.
Erick: oh well
Erick: thanks for your help

Things are not looking good guys. What the hell? We might not be getting Rock Band until god knows when! He didn't even answer most of my questions...

I guess Newegg was not the way to go...

Just got done with Newegg Agent. Hopefully this is true.

David: is there a projected date for when my order will be fulfilled, I was hoping to bring it up for Thanksgiving, but I need it by Dec 4th for a Hanukkah
David: since it is a gift for the holiday
David: and if not, I will try another vendor
Martin: We have an estimated time of our shipment being receive on the 27th
David: ok
David: thank you

I am very disappointed in this, did anyone get their pre-order?

if you look on ebgames.com is says "pre-release ships 11/30" so i would guess newegg will probably get an order somewhere around then... I might go check out some "off the beaten path" stores to try and find one, if I do I'll cancel my newegg order

I'm in the same boat as you guys, mine hasn't shipped either, had a feeling I should have kept my earlier Amazon.com pre-order. Oh well, at least I've got quite a few games from this month to hold me over until whenever it ships.

so much for saving on tax and shipping. I have a couple co-workers who pre-ordered from Amazon last week, and they got their games yesterday. I switched over from Amazon to NewEgg last month.. and there was no indication that I wouldn't get it on or near launch date.

After playing it, I really wish I stuck with the Amazon pre-order, even though it'd cost me almost $25 more.. (I live in WA, so I get charged tax)

Ugh, I got some new and hopefully accurate information:
chatinfo.gif
chatinfo.gif
Thank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Darlene. How may I assist you today?
Me: Hello Darlene, I have had the Rock Band Special Edition bundle preordered from you guys, and was told it would ship yesterday or today, and since it was not shipped yesterday(the release date) I was wondering if my order would be shipping anytime today?
Darlene: 11668645 what does that number reference?
Me: my preorder, for the Rock Band Special Edition bundle for Xbox 360, I believe
Darlene: Let me take a look into that...one moment please.
Darlene: The pre order has not been transferred to a sales order just yet. The item is out of stock and we should receive more by the 28th.
Me: I see, so I will definitely get one when it is in stock on the 28th?
Darlene: That is correct. There is a game reserved for you but we are waiting for the next shipment to arrive.
Me: And my order will be one of those in that shipment?
Darlene: Yes, your order is in the new shipment that we are receiving.
Me: OK
Me: thank you very much
Me: have a nice Thanksgiving
Darlene: You're welcome and happy Thanksgiving Day!
chatinfo.gif
Thanks again for contacting Newegg. Once you know, you Newegg.

Well this is disappointing... Atleast we will hopefully be getting it before the second shipment of Amazon...

That stinks...I had mine pre-ordered from Newegg at the end of Oct. and started getting nervous when my status still hadn't changed yesterday morning. Went to Target at lunch and they were just unwrapping the pallet, so I grabbed mine and canceled the Newegg order. Hopefully things work out for everyone who ordered through there.

It sounds like everyone's getting a slightly different story. I guess Newegg isn't really the place to go for video games, even if they do offer them cheap.

[quote name='Bazz']They are in stock now by the way.[/quote]

I contacted the CSR Crew again, and the "In Stock" listing is a mistake. They told me there won't be any more till 11/27 :whistle2:(

Damn, I pre-ordered on 10/21 and didn't make first wave. They must have gotten like 5 copies in or something.

[quote name='Wayne Cabana']I contacted the CSR Crew again, and the "In Stock" listing is a mistake. They told me there won't be any more till 11/27 :whistle2:(

Damn, I pre-ordered on 10/21 and didn't make first wave. They must have gotten like 5 copies in or something.[/quote]

I really wish they'd get their s**t together.

Here's what they told me in live chat last night:

"Unfortunately, we have not received the Rock Band bundles at this time from our vendors nor do we have an ETA on them. We can say that they are on their way and will be shipped out as soon as possible. You will be sent an email when it is converted into an order and shipped to you. We apologize for any inconvenience."

anyone know what options we might have for changing payment to paypal (if you didn't already) to take advantage of the 20% cash back offer? hate to mess with much and f up my place in line, but 32 bucks back wouldn't kill me either.

Just talked on livechat. So. not. helpful. I won't post the whole long thing, but here are some highlights:

Lan: Unfortunately, the item is still on back order. When the item is in stock, we will then process to ship it out. When that happens we will then email you an update. Unfortunately, since this is a pre-order we are not able to edit any changes to . That means we are not able to change the prices or offer any discounts. Until the order changes to an active order, we may be able. As of now, there is nothing we can do to the order. The price is as stated at the time of purchase. I do apologize for any inconvenience.

When asked about even an approximate date:
Lan: Unfortunately, we do not have a Sales Department and are not given that information. The only way for us or anyone to know when the item is back in stock is once the website shows in stock.

For those of us who pre-ordered back when shipping wasn't free:
Lan: Unfortunately, we can not guarantee any refunds. However, the order is placed is how much the item would be. Only if you place at the price you want is how you get that price.
(okay, anybody get that? anybody? wha?)

Lan: Thank you for contacting us. I hope you have an Eggcellent day!

I might try to find it a a B&M, but the Costco near me is out of stock, and who wants to pay full price at a normal store? I also considered putting in a new preorder with the free shipping, but then who knows when that one would arrive.

wow that blows. when i contacted them about the free shipping, they just told me they put a note on my account and to contact them after it invoices and they would credit me the shipping charge.

apparently the paypal promo applies to "in stock" items only, so no love on that.

and if one more csr tells me that i "will receive an email when the order transfers and ships"........

I contact them about it now being offered with free shipping, and they told me to cancel my order and then RE-ORDER it to get the free shipping.... I assume if I do this I'll lose my place in line... I guess I'll just try and bitch after the fact. I'm sure if I call they'll credit it. I'm just not in the mood to talk to anyone right now.

I cancelled my order during Thanksgiving week. They so don't have their s**t together, and it's not worth it, imo. I played my brother's copy, and that'll hold me over for now. :)

[quote name='monstericreated']I cancelled my order during Thanksgiving week. They so don't have their s**t together, and it's not worth it, imo. I played my brother's copy, and that'll hold me over for now. :)[/QUOTE]

Same, though I found a couple copies at, the recently opened, Best Buy here in New Castle, Delaware. So we all got to rock out and piss my neighbors off all weekend.

Fun times were had by all.

Just cancelled my order too. I got the same cookie-cutter responses we've all been getting. This is rediculous, I've had great customer service from NewEgg for years, and now they hose me?

:sigh: Guess I'll just stick to ordering computer parts from there.

What the fuck?! I contacted them again via live chat, and everything this guy said completely contradicted what the person I talked to last week said. I'll put the conversation into the spoiler below so it wont take up much room.

chatinfo.gif
chatinfo.gif
Thank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Martin. How may I assist you today?
Me: Hello Martin, one week ago, I had a live chat with another of the Newegg representatives, and they said my preorder for the Rock Band Special Edition bundle for Xbox 360 would be shipping today, yet I have had no email telling me about it. Is my order shipping today?
Martin: Unfortunately I apologize for the inconvenience, this item is currently out of stock. We have not receive our shipment for this item yet, once we receive the item the pre order will be transferred to a regular order to be ship out.
Me: I was told you guys were going to get the shipment in today, the 28th, so if it is not coming in today, when can I expect for my item to ship?
Martin: Unfortunately no we have an estimated time of delivery for today but the the shipment hasn't been receive, at the moment we don't have any time frame on our system.
Ceal: So, was the shipment supposed to be in today, like I was told, but it was delayed?
Martin: 12:30:11 PM] Martin: Unfortunately no we have an estimated time of delivery for today but the the shipment hasn't been receive, at the moment we don't have any time frame on our system.
Me: OK, then, I am curious though, as to how the last representative was able to give me an estimated date, but now there is no estimated arrival time? I really need the game soon, so I am just concerned about getting in time for a birthday present.
Martin: We all had an email about the estimated time of today but we don't have any time frame now.
Me: I see
Me: So what when would you guess that the next shipment of Rock Band would come in, that is, how frequently do you typically get such a popular product as the Rock Band Special Edition?
Martin: Unfortunately I am not able to provided you that information.
Me: Oh, I see
Me: However, when the next shipment of Rock Band comes in, am I guartanteed to get a copy? I was told last time that my order would definitely be in the next shipment.
Martin: Unfortunately we don't guarantee anyone any items at all. Once the item is receive a order will be created for all the pre order we have on our system.
Martin: Do you have any other questions, or is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Me: No.
Me: Thank you very much
Me: have a nice holiday season
Martin: Thank you for contacting us. I hope you have an Eggcellent day!

Again, what the fuck? I ordered from Newegg so I would get the game around the time it was released, the small discount didn't even matter to me, but now, I am going to cancel this order the second I find a bundle in-store.

[quote name='vlv723']I like Newegg...but the tax and shipping prices irks me since the Distribution Center is the next block down from my workplace.[/quote]

That may explain the tax :)
Which state are they in, actually?
I've never figured out.

[quote name='uricmu']That may explain the tax :)
Which state are they in, actually?
I've never figured out.[/quote]

City of Industry, CA.

[quote name='mrcheapo11']
stuff
[/QUOTE]

Wow, they really couldn't be any less helpful...at all. Especially:

"Martin: Unfortunately we don't guarantee anyone any items at all. Once the item is receive a order will be created for all the pre order we have on our system."

...then what is the point of the pre-order? Shouldn't the items they get in be based on the pre-orders they received?

[quote name='emdub']Wow, they really couldn't be any less helpful...at all. Especially:

"Martin: Unfortunately we don't guarantee anyone any items at all. Once the item is receive a order will be created for all the pre order we have on our system."

...then what is the point of the pre-order? Shouldn't the items they get in be based on the pre-orders they received?[/quote]

That what you would think, but I guess not :wall:

Sorry to everyone - I'm the the other OP so I'll take responsibility for everyone jumping on the deal.

In the past - I have sworn by Newegg regarding constructing a new computer rig... Guess they're just not reliable with hot games.

[quote name='nikkai']Sorry to everyone - I'm the the other OP so I'll take responsibility for everyone jumping on the deal.

In the past - I have sworn by Newegg regarding constructing a new computer rig... Guess they're just not reliable with hot games.[/QUOTE]

no need to apologize, we all choose to order it you didn't force us. I just can't understand how they cant have an eta on when they are getting things in stock. How can you even run a successful business like that?

I went ahead and also ordered from amazon after all this happened and will just cancel the order that doesnt ship first. My amazon order says i wont recieve it until after christmas though.

I placed my preorder at amazon months ago - (august, I think) and I still haven't recieved mine. They're telling me that my order will be shipped by the 6th of Dec at the latest. . .we'll see. I've got an order in at both places. . .I'll probably get both of them and sell the other on ebay at a hefty profit as we get closer to xmas.

[quote name='nikkai']Sorry to everyone - I'm the the other OP so I'll take responsibility for everyone jumping on the deal.

In the past - I have sworn by Newegg regarding constructing a new computer rig... Guess they're just not reliable with hot games.[/quote]

No need to apologize, it isn't your fault. I am mad at Newegg, because as my first and only time buying from there, this whole thing has been a mess. Its not like Newegg had a bad reputation before this, so you couldn't have really known.

Well i just got done talking to a CS rep and was told they will not be getting anymore shipments until the first week of January 2008... atleast we have a time frame now. Looks like i'm SOL with finding this before christmas.

[quote name='onetrackmind']Well i just got done talking to a CS rep and was told they will not be getting anymore shipments until the first week of January 2008... atleast we have a time frame now. Looks like i'm SOL with finding this before christmas.[/quote]

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck! What the fuck?! January is way too long for me to wait... well, looks like I am canceling my order ASAP, and then searching for it in stores.

Edit: My latest conversation:
chatinfo.gif
chatinfo.gif
All Newegg representatives are currently assisting other customers. Thank you for your patience. An agent will be with you shortly.
chatinfo.gif
All Newegg representatives are currently assisting other customers. Thank you for your patience. An agent will be with you shortly.
chatinfo.gif
Thank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Alexander. How may I assist you today?
Me: Hello Alexander, I was wondering, is there any way you know when this order, Rock Band Special Edition, will ship?
Alexander: Let me take a look at this. What is the item number please?
Me: 88165
Alexander: Are you sure that is the item number?
Me: yes
Alexander: I apologize but my system does not recognize that item number.
Me: Oh, well that is the number I have received in my preorder email, and it is under my preorders for my account on the newegg website
Alexander: That is your pre order number not the item number. We currently don't have information on when the item will be in stock. Once we have it in stock your pre order will be transferred into an order within 24-48 hours then it will ship.
Me: Oh, well the item number is N82E16874105581
Alexander: Yes, that item is currently out of stock and we have no information for when it will come in stock.
Me: Oh
Me: thanks
Me: bye
Alexander: You're welcome. Thank you for contacting us and have a great day.
chatinfo.gif

Ugh, fucking useless live chats. If he wanted the item number without me screwing it up, why couldn't he: 1) find it, instead of being lazy, or 2) give me an example of an item number.

@ onetrackmind- Did you talk to the CS rep via a phone call or a live chat? I am guessing a phone call, because htese people seem to be useless.

[quote name='mrcheapo11']fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck! What the fuck?! January is way too long for me to wait... well, looks like I am canceling my order ASAP, and then searching for it in stores.

Edit: My latest conversation:
chatinfo.gif
chatinfo.gif
chatinfo.gif
chatinfo.gif
Thank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Alexander. How may I assist you today?
Me: Hello Alexander, I was wondering, is there any way you know when this order, Rock Band Special Edition, will ship?
Alexander: Let me take a look at this. What is the item number please?
Me: 88165
Alexander: Are you sure that is the item number?
Me: yes
Alexander: I apologize but my system does not recognize that item number.
Me: Oh, well that is the number I have received in my preorder email, and it is under my preorders for my account on the newegg website
Alexander: That is your pre order number not the item number. We currently don't have information on when the item will be in stock. Once we have it in stock your pre order will be transferred into an order within 24-48 hours then it will ship.
Me: Oh, well the item number is N82E16874105581
Alexander: Yes, that item is currently out of stock and we have no information for when it will come in stock.
Me: Oh
Me: thanks
Me: bye
Alexander: You're welcome. Thank you for contacting us and have a great day.
chatinfo.gif

Ugh, fucking useless live chats. If he wanted the item number without me screwing it up, why couldn't he: 1) find it, instead of being lazy, or 2) give me an example of an item number.

@ onetrackmind- Did you talk to the CS rep via a phone call or a live chat? I am guessing a phone call, because htese people seem to be useless.[/QUOTE]

Mine was through a live chat, the guys name was "Martin" and he had an answer right away. I even confirmed that he was 100% positive the next shipment they were getting was going to be the first week on January and he said yes. Good luck finding it somewhere in store bro. I heard from someone that hottopic.com had some in stock but that was days ago.

idk, i've been seeing tons of rock band bundles lying around in Best Buy and Walmarts...

I just ended up trading in some old junk and Halo 3 and ended up paying like 20 bucks for rock band PS3 at GS lol. i would have gotten the 360 version for XBL but i didnt think the wired guitar was worth it and i didn't really need the online component with my friends salivating over the thought of me getting it and my fiancee really dug GH3 so i had my own little crew.

they really should get Band World Tour co-op online though. online quick play jam sessions get old fasT. it's so much more fun with 3 other ppl around so its no biggie

whew. . .amazon finally shipped mine yesterday. I think I'm going to hold on to my newegg preorder just in case by some freak chance they get them in before xmas. I'm guessing as we get closer to xmas, these things will skyrocket on ebay.

[quote name='jonnyredbeard']Its Free Shipping NOW!!!!!![/quote]

yeah, we know. read back a little. at this point, the whole package could be free and it would be about as valuable. when you got nothing to ship and don't seem to give a damn, who cares how much you charge for shipping.

bread's done
Back