Newegg.com Sale: Halo 3, Stranglehold, & SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008

Halo 3 does look pretty nice at that price. I think the chances of getting a scratched disc are pretty high with the CE.

[quote name='oli84']are they replacing the Essentials disc as well? Mine is pretty scratched up.[/quote]

Yes. Both discs.

Omigosh! This is a repost deal!!! hahaha j/k. Someone tried posting a thread for just Halo:CE so I'm just bumping the original thread.

Bought Halo 3. I originally got the LE version of Halo from Amazon a few weeks ago. Sold the helmet to my friend (he's a halo fanatic) for $10. But, my copy of the halo game is giving me problems. It always says 'player failed to load information' or something along those lines.

I did some research and apparently there was a bad batch of discs. I'll just trade it into GS for 30% + edge for the $42.

[quote name='JamesMc']Free shipping on all items:

Halo 3: Collector's Edition...$39.99

Halo 3: Legendary Edition...$89.99

John Woo's Stranglehold (360)...$37.99'

WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008 (360)...$44.99

http://www.newegg.com/[/QUOTE]

Wasnt there a problem with Halo3 CE? The disks were scratched and MS had to replace them ??

Buyer Beware!

[quote name='pogipinoy27']Bought Halo 3. I originally got the LE version of Halo from Amazon a few weeks ago. Sold the helmet to my friend (he's a halo fanatic) for $10. But, my copy of the halo game is giving me problems. It always says 'player failed to load information' or something along those lines.

I did some research and apparently there was a bad batch of discs. I'll just trade it into GS for 30% + edge for the $42.[/quote]

Why would you trade in a disc that doesn't work. So some other poor person can get your garbage? Contact Microsoft.

[quote name='Van']Why would you trade in a disc that doesn't work. So some other poor person can get your garbage? Contact Microsoft.[/quote]

Microsoft isn't recognizing it as a problem. They're only doing the replacement for the CE Halo 3s. Also, I'm not sure whether or not it's a bad disc or a bad 360. Sometimes it will load a little bit, other times it won't. I'm not trying to sabotage anyone...perhaps it truly will work on someone else's xbox.

[quote name='the ender']You sold the helmet for $10? Idiot.[/quote]

He's a good friend of mine. Sure I could've made more but what are friends for?

so whats the turn around time to replace it? my luck the game disc is scratched, but the essentials is not. also send it in a padded envelope with only the disc or case too?

[quote name='Gotchaforce']why cant you just return the halo 3 disc to amazon and get a much quicker turn around..?[/QUOTE]

it was newegg

wow so newegg is just as much a hassle. i have requested an RMA through their live chat, they give a UPS shipping label in 24hr's, after the RMA is processed they'll send a new one . its likely the CE will still be scratched

When Halo 3 first came out, I bought the Collector's Edition. Both discs had the scratches from flying aroudn loose in the case. Both played perfectly. In late November, I was busy playing other games so I mailed them to Microsoft because I was thinking about selling it.

It cost me about $1 to mail each disc to MS, and MS sent me free replacement discs in about 2 weeks.

Sort of random, but one of the discs even came with a 1 month Xbox Live Gold card.

So, if you think 39.99 is a good price, and you're not satisfied with the discs, surely $2 more still is a good deal. You can send your discs in to MS as late as February 1.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/gameplay/discreplacement-program.htm

[quote name='dshegle']When Halo 3 first came out, I bought the Collector's Edition. Both discs had the scratches from flying aroudn loose in the case. Both played perfectly. In late November, I was busy playing other games so I mailed them to Microsoft because I was thinking about selling it.

It cost me about $1 to mail each disc to MS, and MS sent me free replacement discs in about 2 weeks.

Sort of random, but one of the discs even came with a 1 month Xbox Live Gold card.

So, if you think 39.99 is a good price, and you're not satisfied with the discs, surely $2 more still is a good deal. You can send your discs in to MS as late as February 1.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/gameplay/discreplacement-program.htm[/quote]

What method did you mail them back and how did you package them?

A bubble mailer is about $1.50 by itself where I'm from.

I'll probably be lazy and not send them since they play perfectly fine anyway, and that's all that matters.

[quote name='menikmati']What method did you mail them back and how did you package them?

A bubble mailer is about $1.50 by itself where I'm from.

I'll probably be lazy and not send them since they play perfectly fine anyway, and that's all that matters.[/quote]

I think MS just wants the discs back as proof that you own the Halo 3 CE before they send you new discs. They purpose of the whole thing is to replace damaged discs. So why do you care about what condition they arrive in? Can't you just use any envelope that fits? I don't think they care if you cut the discs in two, as long as you get them "90% of the original disc" back (I think that was the wording on the form).

[quote name='pogipinoy27']Just got my Halo 3 from Newegg. It's scratched miserably.[/quote]

Mine's been "out for delivery" since early morning on the 24th. Anybody seen a UPS truck somewhere down an embankment, partially obscured by brush?

[quote name='gantt']Mine's been "out for delivery" since early morning on the 24th. Anybody seen a UPS truck somewhere down an embankment, partially obscured by brush?[/quote]

If it makes you feel any better, I talked to our local UPS driver when I was signing for stuff. UPS apparently isn't distributing the workload evenly among their drivers. So some drivers are getting tons of packages to deliver from Christmas and others have a normal load.

Corporate messing up? Go figure.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']If it makes you feel any better, I talked to our local UPS driver when I was signing for stuff. UPS apparently isn't distributing the workload evenly among their drivers. So some drivers are getting tons of packages to deliver from Christmas and others have a normal load.

Corporate messing up? Go figure.[/quote]

It wouldn't surprise me if things are delayed/in limbo due to package overload. And my building office, where packages are delivered, was closed on Monday. But that didn't stop the FedEx guy from delivering TO MY DOOR that morning. He even gave me someone else's package as a bonus (I gave it back, not wanting to ruin somebody's Christmas). A useful direct comparison between FedEx and UPS.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']Just got my Halo 3 from Newegg. It's scratched miserably.[/quote]

Mine made a worrisome metallic clunk when I removed it from the packing box. My game disc was still secure on the hub and looks fine. However, the Essentials disc had come off its hub. Scratched all over.

bread's done
Back