Newegg: MLB 09 The Show PS3 $49.99 FS

Good find; I ordered. This will probably be as good a deal as there will be through Christmas -- at least that's how I recall The Show 08 being.

[quote name='bummy']is the code only good for the show only?[/quote]

Promo code is for the Show only I believe, and expires 4/1/09.

This will be the best deal you find on the game until October so I would get it now if you're waiting for it to be cheaper.

I bit, I've been looking for a deal and there are none. 50 for the game with free shipping looks ok. I figure i can wait months to get it for 40 but by then I might be tired of baseball.

Does anyone know if this game has roster and attribute updates?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Deal isn't over. You have to use the promo code in the OP to get the further discount.[/quote]

Somehow in my haste I missed that sorry.

Picked up 08 for $15 shipped, I'm really loving the "road to the show" mode. Is there any significant reason to pick up 09 if I don't care about the rosters?

No, there is really no reason to pick this up for you. Stick with '08. I'm really upset with this game. I bought it when it came out hoping for a fresh, new experience. Not only does it feel like '08 but they didn't even fix the lag that constantly persisits online. I swear it is damn near impossible to have a lag-free game-- and I am playing on a wired connection!

[quote name='52club']Picked up 08 for $15 shipped, I'm really loving the "road to the show" mode. Is there any significant reason to pick up 09 if I don't care about the rosters?[/QUOTE]

Care to share where?

[quote name='KueMan10']No, there is really no reason to pick this up for you. Stick with '08. I'm really upset with this game. I bought it when it came out hoping for a fresh, new experience. Not only does it feel like '08 but they didn't even fix the lag that constantly persisits online. I swear it is damn near impossible to have a lag-free game-- and I am playing on a wired connection![/quote]

I agree, 09 is good for the diehard baseball fans, the new version is actually harder for me cause of the new pitching meter, but i havent played it too much, (damn you SF IV)

only difference are the transactions: draft during the year, waivers, rule V draft, minor league options...

I think the lighting progression and shadows make a huge difference to me. I had no problem picking up '09 after playing '08 so much. The main gameplay difference for the better in '09 is the more realistic routes outfielders take on balls now. The number of doubles and triples are much more realistic now. If you aren't a huge fan and care about up to date roster, 08 is a great game in its own right.

Thanks, OP!

In for one.

Been dying to get this, but just couldn't justify $60 for any game anymore (and that's all CAG's fault lol.) $50 for this game is (imo) a great deal since Sony's first-party titles usually hold their values for a long, long time, and this is a new release after all (less than a month).

Thanks again!
-George

Not only do Sony titles stay at retail for a long time, this is simply the best baseball game out there...without question. The 2K series runs a distant, distant second.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Not only do Sony titles stay at retail for a long time, this is simply the best baseball game out there...without question. The 2K series runs a distant, distant second.[/quote]

It's the best sports game out there. The game has near identical graphics with amazing gameplay. I have played about 20 games so far, and each time I see something new and have had realistic stats.

bread's done
Back