Newegg PSVita Call of Duty: Black Ops - Declassified $19.99

Do yourself a favor and spend a little extra to get Killzone: Mercenary.  It may be currently twice the price, but it's 10 times better than this game.

I traded mine in awhile ago, but might re-buy it if it drops below $10.  Declassified is not as bad as some people say, but Killzone: Mercenary puts it to shame in every way.

Should actually be $20. My mistake!

Pretty sweet PM at Best Buy if you ask me. Cant provide the link due to first post. If anyone can do the honors, feel free to do so!

Last edited by a moderator:
This game is playable (mechanics aren't half bad), but the AI is brutal and the hit detection is very poor. I've seen hard modes have easier AI than this game has on easy and hard... it's like if you can be shot, then the AI will unload all their ammo in any attempt to kill you.
The real question for me is after the glory that is Killzone, would I play another Vita FPS for any price? Seriously though, even at 10 bucks I can't imagine playing Resistance or COD with a poor MP after Mercenary, which is vying for best Vita game along with Persona and Rayman.

This game is playable (mechanics aren't half bad), but the AI is brutal and the hit detection is very poor. I've seen hard modes have easier AI than this game has on easy and hard... it's like if you can be shot, then the AI will unload all their ammo in any attempt to kill you.
I actually did QA for this and your comment made me crack up haha. The thing with all the levels is that you can run through all of them only kill the guys that block you.

still too much. espicially with how good killzone is
My thoughts exactly. I'm still waiting for KZ:M to go on sale for $20 (hopefully by black friday), but $20 for COD:BOD is about $15 too much from what I've seen and read. There's basically no singleplayer and the multiplayer is a joke...

I can't believe it took so long for this game to drop.

It's actually not bad, and $20 is a good price.

But get Killzone instead.

Is killzone pretty active? I want it, but not sure if I wanna plop down $35 for it with GTAV as well as a few others I have right now.

Is killzone pretty active? I want it, but not sure if I wanna plop down $35 for it with GTAV as well as a few others I have right now.
For the most part, it's pretty active online. There have been a few time where I couldn't seem to find a match, but it's well worth the money. I don't see the KZM community dying out given that it's probably the best Vita game on the market and a good majority will probably still be playing it later down the line. Look at KZ2. That game is going on 5 years old and the community is still pretty active. I'd say that there's no huge rush on buying/powering through KZM if you already have GTA5 taking up your time, but it's a Vita game you need to pick up

Last edited by a moderator:
For the most part, it's pretty active online. There have been a few time where I couldn't seem to find a match, but it's well worth the money. I don't see the KZM community dying out given that it's probably the best Vita game on the market and a good majority will probably still be playing it later down the line. Look at KZ2. That game is going on 5 years old and the community is still pretty active. I'd say that there's no huge rush on buying/powering through KZM if you already have GTA5 taking up your time, but it's a Vita game you need to pick up
I haven't had any problem with Killzone: Mercenary finding matches. There are a few times where only 2 or 3 people may be in the lobby when a match starts, but the game generally gets fairly full once the game starts. I'm not sure if they need to tweak the lobby system, but overall, it's a very minor issue (at least in my experience).

Contrast this with Black Ops: Declassified. When I had the game (even after the patch), it was common to have to wait 5 minutes or more just to get a match started. And then once it started, I would often get booted before my first spawn. That matchmaking or lobby system was lousy. There were times that I waited 20 minutes or more to get into a match. I'm not sure if it's gotten any better in the past few months. When I eventually got into a working game, it was decently fun, but not nearly as fun as Killzone.

Occasionally I'll get these messages. It's far and few in between, but it's a pain in the ass to encounter it and go through the lenghty wait to be connected to another match.

This issue is being addressed in a near-future patch; but, until then, as soon as you see this error, close the game completely and reboot--it should stop the error message. The issue seems to rear its ugly head when the game is active and the Vita gets put into sleep mode and/or the game gets suspended for multi-tasking.

Declassified has a decent MP mode, but KZM's is a thousand times better--any Vita owner who enjoys FPS's needs to have it. IMHO, it's the best game in the franchise by a long shot, especially in terms of the campaign.

This issue is being addressed in a near-future patch; but, until then, as soon as you see this error, close the game completely and reboot--it should stop the error message. The issue seems to rear its ugly head when the game is active and the Vita gets put into sleep mode and/or the game gets suspended for multi-tasking.
Bingo. This happens 100% of the time it goes to sleep with the game open on my Vita. I am not able to even get into a game after waking it (it gives the error as soon as the multiplayer match starts loading). I have just learned to close out of the game when not in use (unless i'm playing single player). I never have this problem except when the game is open and the Vita goes on standby so it seems like it's purely a local issue and not their servers.

I've noticed similar issues with other games that use Wifi. There must be an issue with the OS and Wifi function not communicating correctly. I make this statement with zero years of tech schooling or experience other than replacing batteries in my remote control, so ignore my analysis.

It never actually happens when I put my Vita into sleep or have it as a background app running. When it happens, I usually just played a couple matches then it pops up once or twice then goes away.

bread's done
Back