Newest GTA:SA Screenshots, Info

ex0

CAGiversary!
ScrubKing seems to be slacking off (just kidding ;)), so I figured I'd post the newest stuff from Gamespot.
914983_20040807_screen001.jpg

914983_20040807_screen009.jpg

914983_20040807_screen005.jpg

914983_20040807_screen013.jpg

914983_20040807_screen012.jpg

914983_20040809_screen004.jpg

914983_20040813_screen002.jpg

914983_20040816_screen007.jpg

You can read the article here:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/gta4/preview_6104797.html

I'm getting tired of this - I wish they would just hold off until PS3 or whatever. The game is very ambitious (and I'll get it eventually for $15) but it is starting to look dated in the graphics department...

Yeah the graphics are kinda dated, but I'm still amazed at the scale of this game. I just hope it delivers everything they say it will, hopefully without horrible load times.

[quote name='ex0']I agree, that first pic has a ton of fog.[/quote]

That's because LA has a ton of fog/smog...

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='ex0']I agree, that first pic has a ton of fog.[/quote]

That's because LA has a ton of fog/smog...[/quote]
The fog in that screenshot is clearly being used do to poor draw distance.

The draw distance is supposed to be 4-8x that of vice city so I don't see why they would be trying to hide anything except, maybe, to bump up the frame rate.

As far as grahics go... I don't buy games based on pretty graphics.

And they will most likely release it on PC.

[quote name='Scrubking']The draw distance is supposed to be 4-8x that of vice city so I don't see why they would be trying to hide anything except, maybe, to bump up the frame rate.

As far as grahics go... I don't buy games based on pretty graphics.

And they will most likely release it on PC.[/quote]

yea, ppl...ps2 owners arent really the ones who usually buy a game for its graphics...its based on the depth/fun/greatness of the game...we'll just have to wait ;)

ps2 owners arent really the ones who usually buy a game for its graphics...its based on the depth/fun/greatness of the game

I've never bought a game based on graphics and I never will.

The xbox generation will never understand. :wink:

Amen to that. Pretty graphics may be nice, but if the gameplay sucks then it is a piece of shit as far as I'm concerned...

And I can't wait for this game. Every new information release just makes me want it even more.

I wish this game came out NOW. Also, in that article, it talks about the looting aspect of the game and has a screenshot of CJ holding a TV walking out of a house.

i'm not really sure how i feel about the "ghetto" direction of the game. c'mon - a $ necklace and a tattoo of a handgun?? isn't that a little cliche? i guess it's no big deal, but i just feel like the 'thug' persona is crammed down our throats daily by every media, so i'm getting a bit sick of it...

that said, i do think it is maybe a good thing to get away from the 'old-school mobster' slant of the previous games; change is (sometimes) good.

overall though, i think it is looking great, and i will still definitely play it. ...not for full price, of course...;)

[quote name='video_gamer324']You might want to put a 56k warning in the title of this thread...[/quote]
Usually when the word "screenshot" is used it plural, it is an automatic 56K warning.

bread's done
Back