Next Class upgrade in TF2 you wanna see?

SmokyPreacher

CAGiversary!
So for the pyro update is out :) So I thought why not have another "what if" convo on CAG forums. What class do you want to see upgraded next? Why? If you were a dev what insane weird weapons would you create for said class? Do you think any classes to overpowered as of now in your opioion?

as someone who plays demo a lot id like to see demo updated with a regulary firearm to pull out during thsoe quick close combat situations. like a pistol or a shtogun.

i have a feeling that demoman, soldier, and heavy are the last 3 to get new upgrades. But I'm hoping to see demoman upgrades next.

I would agree that scout is the most deserving of an upgrade. It's the most ignored class, and those who play it well have a tough time from what I can tell. Even when they're good and they know how to evade, their health bar doesn't give them much room for error. It's a class I've hardly ever played so I can't say for certain, though.

There were rumors just before the medic update that engineer upgrades were already done and simply waiting to be rolled out--I remember a lot of people saying along with the medic upgrade and payload, something would change with teleporters, but that never came to be.

Why would they upgrade the demo next? b/c it's your favorite class? ;) I don't see how the demo needs any help as a class: they're strong, and they're pretty popular as a result.

Robin Walker said that a likely engy unlock will be an upgradable teleporter: the more you upgrade it, the faster it'll recharge

[quote name='Serik']Robin Walker said that a likely engy unlock will be an upgradable teleporter: the more you upgrade it, the faster it'll recharge[/quote]

That makes sense. Someone on another thread said this, they should have two class update at the same time so servers are not flooded with just one class. It seems like to me that there are now like 8 pyros a demo and maybe a heavy it is insane, perhaps if two classes update would be released it would at least make that a little better. I personally want to see a scout update as they seem to not even come close to a formidable opponent for any other class unless you get the drop on them even then it is about 70% chance which is shitty. Also I would love to see what they could come up for a demo but I do not see that coming soon.

I disagree with scout being useless.

I want to see the next pack for the spy.

1. Because its one of my favorite classes.
2. The achievements couldn't help but be awesome.
3. The extra weapons would have to be pretty creative, and we'd probably see some cool stuff.

[quote name='crystalklear64']I disagree with scout being useless.

I want to see the next pack for the spy.

1. Because its one of my favorite classes.
2. The achievements couldn't help but be awesome.
3. The extra weapons would have to be pretty creative, and we'd probably see some cool stuff.[/quote]

Not saying they are useless, but unless it is a very skilled scout they might take down one person but they just seem to die way to easily, even for being a light class. Especially with the pyro update even me someone who likes playing scout it sucks. They burn you for a couple seconds you can get away but you are still on fire by the time you find a med kit or a medic actually gives a damn you die cold(well hot) and alone. If they could get a buff like the backburner with some extra HP would make it so much better. That's the problem with only releasing one update at a time instead of a couple. One class dominates servers and is or appears to be very overpwoered compared to the classes with base equiment.

Correction: I don't want to see ANY more class updates. In fact there should be a server-side option to prohibit people from using unlockables.

The Backburner is waaay overpowered. Sure, the air blast on the regular 'thrower is fun, but it's more gimmick than anything. Most people would rather use the Backburner for its EZ crits and +50 health bonus.

And like everyone else says: class unlocks ruin servers for a good week.

[quote name='Serik']
The Backburner is waaay overpowered. Sure, the air blast on the regular 'thrower is fun, but it's more gimmick than anything. Most people would rather use the Backburner for its EZ crits and +50 health bonus.
[/QUOTE]
It is strong, but then the backburner rightfully restores the pyro to most feared close quarters adversary (imo).

If you take the updates away (the health especially), the pyro goes back to being a class that is only useful in very specific, limited situations. What's worse, when those situations occurred pre-update, you put dedicated pyros in the position where they were competing with people who had a genuine interest in trying out the class, and each type of player was justified in rolling pyro.

Speaking as someone who's favorite class is currently pyro, pre-update, on pyro friendly maps it always felt to me that there were too many pyros even though I could understand why each one of those guys wanted pyro. One guy loves pyro and has gotten good at it, another is a good TF2 player who just wants to try out the class, etc., and they're all thinking, "if not here, then where?" So in general most of the people who knew better (that is, than to simply hold down left-click and spin around) were pinned in by the limitations of the class, and then pinned even further by the fact that if they're thinking of the team they don't want to overload their class no matter how badly they want to go pyro. At least that's how I felt.

With the updates (including the force push that you call gimmicky), you at least give a person who insists on playing pyro no matter what the flexibility to fit into a role that may help the team overall. Sure, we need to wait for the freebies and the achievement monkeys to shake out, but once that's done I think the pyro updates will come off as a fair revision of the class, one that makes it a lot easier for newb pyros to contribute to the team as much as experienced pyros. And teamwork's the point, ain't it?

While I guess that engie is coming soon based on what people are saying, I think that a scout update in line with the pyro update would be a good idea. It would bring more scouts into the game and make it easier for them to contribute to the team.

I think they should update the rest of the classes all at once.

I don't like this one class at a time silliness. It creates unbalances that could be avoided if they made all the changes at once.

as a new player, i really like the spy, scout and soldier

but with the pyros, being a spy is insanely hard now, hopefully it's just because there's so many pyros on account of the free weekend and new achievements.

Yeah, playing a little last night and today it has seemed to be a little less of the free-weekend noob pyro fest, but ya gotta figure a lot of people after playing it for the free weekend prolly went for the purchase. So I think it's still gonna be a little crazier and a little less team work then usual for the next month or so, or maybe it will be just the same.

bread's done
Back