Next deepdiscountdvd.com 20% off sale?

If it's anything like the recent past it should be sometime this month, probably a week or two before Thanksgiving, if not around Thanksgiving. I remember placing a few orders last year before heading back home for Turkey Day, so...

Im assuming its going too come around thanksgiving and drain all our wallets....god I plan too drop at least 400-500 this time around because ive been really holding off on buying the dvds I wanted.

i'm not trying to scorch you, but it seems every couple weeks someone posts this. Try searching for something so big next time. Just a shout out for further reference.

[quote name='modium']November 11[/QUOTE]

One week? Shit, I may have to severely limit my spending. Only a couple hundred this time. :cry: :lol:

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i'm not trying to scorch you, but it seems every couple weeks someone posts this. Try searching for something so big next time. Just a shout out for further reference.[/QUOTE]

I searched this forum before I posted it and I didn't see anything relating to this topic. Last year, it was before Thanksgiving and the year before it was after. I was just curious to see if anyone knew if it was going to happen for sure. I know they had one earlier this year so I hesitated at the fact that it might not happen this time. Thanks to everyone that helped.

[quote name='modium']November 11[/QUOTE]

How do you know!?!?!?!?!

If it is so than I'm going to have to really tighten up to make my budget for the deal. I was expecting sometime rigth before/right after Thanksgiving.

Maybe I'll just start the trimming of the list.

[quote name='drawingboard']I searched this forum before I posted it and I didn't see anything relating to this topic. Last year, it was before Thanksgiving and the year before it was after. I was just curious to see if anyone knew if it was going to happen for sure. I know they had one earlier this year so I hesitated at the fact that it might not happen this time. Thanks to everyone that helped.[/QUOTE]

trust me when this sale comes around it will clog up the front page for the couple days it comes in to affect.

I'm hearing grumblings on various DVD sites that the sale might start November 11, as well.

Of course, we'll see if that's true or just wishful thinking.

Does anyone remember what day it started on last year? It doesn't make sense to start the sale on a friday.

[quote name='munch']Does anyone remember what day it started on last year? It doesn't make sense to start the sale on a friday.[/QUOTE]
I just tried searching the forums, and after several tries, I found one from last November's sale. According to the thread, last year it ran from November 13th through the 20th. Here's the link: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28361

I'd guess it will be roughly the same time this year, so the 11th is possible, but I agree that a Friday would be an odd day to start the sale. The 13th last year was a Saturday, so if they stick to that, maybe it will be the 12th? Either way, I wish I had more money at the moment. I'm going to have to cut way back from what I spent on the June sale.

Thanks again, everyone. I keep passing up great deals in the weekly ads and I just wanted some verification that this sale was gonna happen, so I can get an even greater deal.

Check the forums at DVDtalk or hometheaterforums.com

THose guys spend their whole lives on that website and know everything DVD, inside out.

I was drooling over this possibility earlier in the month... but I've totally spaced out on what I wanted to look into getting.

is the 20% off sale usually site wide?

[quote name='Danimal']
I'd guess it will be roughly the same time this year, so the 11th is possible, but I agree that a Friday would be an odd day to start the sale.[/QUOTE]

Friday is not really an odd day to start the sale IMO. after 5 on friday and all weekend their site will be at its worst. Most people get paid on friday some on thursday so it makes sense to me. However it seems like I always pick the best time to quit a job usually about 2 weeks before a DDD sale. I will have to really hold back on my spending. I will get all of my boxsets next DDD sale in the spring.

[quote name='drawingboard']Thanks again, everyone. I keep passing up great deals in the weekly ads and I just wanted some verification that this sale was gonna happen, so I can get an even greater deal.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, we don't know if the sale's ever happening again. We're just speculating based on last year.

[quote name='mkelehan']To be honest, we don't know if the sale's ever happening again. We're just speculating based on last year.[/QUOTE]

And the year before that, and the year before that......

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I'm hearing grumblings on various DVD sites that the sale might start November 11, as well.

Of course, we'll see if that's true or just wishful thinking.[/QUOTE]

Which sites? I wouldn't mind just checking them out for reviews on stuff since they probably have some.

[quote name='Fire']Which sites? I wouldn't mind just checking them out for reviews on stuff since they probably have some.[/QUOTE]

Home Theater Forum and DVDTalk are the ones I remember.

[quote name='Danimal']I just tried searching the forums, and after several tries, I found one from last November's sale. According to the thread, last year it ran from November 13th through the 20th. Here's the link: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28361

I'd guess it will be roughly the same time this year, so the 11th is possible, but I agree that a Friday would be an odd day to start the sale. The 13th last year was a Saturday, so if they stick to that, maybe it will be the 12th? Either way, I wish I had more money at the moment. I'm going to have to cut way back from what I spent on the June sale.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for it to come right around the 22nd as the Aeon Flux set comes out then.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']is the 20% off sale usually site wide?[/QUOTE]

AFAIK it's always been for every single thing they sell (except pre-orders)

If you think you are going to buy a ton of DVDs it's best to put them in a wishlist as the site truly does slow to a crawl when this sale hits.

[quote name='wubb']If you think you are going to buy a ton of DVDs it's best to put them in a wishlist as the site truly does slow to a crawl when this sale hits.[/QUOTE]

Solid advice... problem is, I forgot what I wanted. :)

Also, I'm assuming this 20% off is discounted from their normal prices, not from MSRP...

Man, there's a bunch of stuff I'd like, but it's going to be tough with the 360 launch happening in two weeks. I'll probably still manage to pick up at least a few DVDs. :)

[quote name='mkelehan']To be honest, we don't know if the sale's ever happening again. We're just speculating based on last year.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's what I'm afraid of.
My advice is to log into DDD.com and start your wishlists now. Every year when this sale begins, the site slows down drastically.

[quote name='drawingboard']Yes, that's what I'm afraid of.
My advice is to log into DDD.com and start your wishlists now. Every year when this sale begins, the site slows down drastically.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why i created a wishlist. The site will slow down to a crawl. If you make a wishlist it's just a couple of clicks away.

So... what is this sale best for?
I mean, 20% is good, and they have low prices, but a lot of stuff can be had for less with other deals. I picked up three dvds for $12 a couple weeks ago during B2G1 sale. I guess the more you spend, the more you save. The biggest draw is probably that the sale is 20% off of everything.
I'll just get a couple SE DVDs for myself.

[quote name='aarif1']So... what is this sale best for?
I mean, 20% is good, and they have low prices, but a lot of stuff can be had for less with other deals. I picked up three dvds for $12 a couple weeks ago during B2G1 sale. I guess the more you spend, the more you save. The biggest draw is probably that the sale is 20% off of everything.
I'll just get a couple SE DVDs for myself.[/QUOTE]

Most of the deals I see in the weekly ads still couldn't be beat with a 20% off at DDD.com. That's including the fact that they have free shipping and no tax.

[quote name='ryosnk']Does one need to be a member to do a wishlist?[/QUOTE]

yes, I believe u need to be a member to buy as well, though might be wrong.

You need to log in to get to your wish list, so yeah you need an account. I definitely recommend using the wishlist; I've been slowly building mine up ever since the last sale. Over the past few months, any time a DVD that I want crosses my mind, I just head right over to DDD and add it to the list. I would definitely be forgetting stuff if it wasn't for that. I used to just use the cart to see what I wanted, but carts will always empty themselves at inconvenient times.
Also, I'm assuming this 20% off is discounted from their normal prices, not from MSRP...
Correct. Although people say they increase prices slightly on some items right before the sale... if that happens though I think it's only on super-popular and relatively recent releases.
Most of the deals I see in the weekly ads still couldn't be beat with a 20% off at DDD.com. That's including the fact that they have free shipping and no tax.
Really? I almost always pass on weekly deals, specifually due to the DDD sale price being better. I dunno maybe it's just that NY sales tax for me...

Anyone else notice if you put "nytimes" in the coupon spot it no longer says this coupon is not valid?

With this wishlist thing, is it possible to do this? :

Let's say I put 10 DVDs in my wishlist. When the sale rolls along, I only want to buy 5 of them. Does it let you select a few, or do you have to buy a certain amount or the whole thing?

[quote name='Saucy Jack']With this wishlist thing, is it possible to do this? :

Let's say I put 10 DVDs in my wishlist. When the sale rolls along, I only want to buy 5 of them. Does it let you select a few, or do you have to buy a certain amount or the whole thing?[/QUOTE]

wishlist has checkboxes.

looks like you can just select things off your wishlist with the checkboxes and do an add to cart. :)

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']wishlist has checkboxes.

looks like you can just select things off your wishlist with the checkboxes and do an add to cart. :)[/QUOTE]

Sweet. Looks like I'll set up a wishlist just in case. :)

[quote name='BustaUppa']Really? I almost always pass on weekly deals, specifually due to the DDD sale price being better. I dunno maybe it's just that NY sales tax for me...[/QUOTE]
Well, the DVD's this week and the DVD's I usually want. For the most part, DDD.com is best when it comes to older DVD's, while weekly ads are better for New Release DVDs, which usually come packed with bonuses.

[quote name='drawingboard']Well, the DVD's this week and the DVD's I usually want. For the most part, DDD.com is best when it comes to older DVD's, while weekly ads are better for New Release DVDs, which usually come packed with bonuses.[/QUOTE]

True, but not always. For example, this week's release of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Its 22.99 for the Deluxe edition in all stores i've seen, but on DDD its less then $19, with the sale make is closer to $15, less then the single disc sells for.

i've been holding off as much as possible for this set, although there are just some things that cant wait. Batman Begins at Amazon was a hell of a deal, as will Scrubs S2 next week with the free bonus disc from Best Buy

bread's done
Back