Next Month's GameInfomer Mag w/ +50% Trade In Coupon

dhrez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
According to my manager at Gamestop next month's GameInformer magazine will have a coupon that gives you 50% more when you trade in 4 or more games. It seems hard for me to believe but he uses that as his pitch to sell subscriptions. Of course the catch is you have to get the magazine which, I believe, is exclusive for GameInformer card holders (the card that gives you 10% off used, 10% more on trade in).

Just thought I'd pass along a potentially amazing deal. Use this thread to figure out how to take advantage of the coupon (you know, what games to buy where to make the most profit).

I know that God of War gets $25 right now. Who knows about next month.

Dude, if this is like the last deal trade 4 games and get an extra 40% where they changed all the trade in values to equal basically what they were before the deal I wouldn't even touch this.

But, lets say they do this straight up then that means that God of War for example would trade in for $37.50 which is 50% more of it's trade in value of $25.

[quote name='cdeener']Dude, if this is like the last deal trade 4 games and get an extra 40% where they changed all the trade in values to equal basically what they were before the deal I wouldn't even touch this.

But, lets say they do this straight up then that means that God of War for example would trade in for $37.50 which is 50% more of it's trade in value of $25.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I can't stand when that crap happens!

Alright, just got off the phone with my girlfriend who has just received the new Gameinformer in the mail today. It states that this deal if you don't have a value card is valid for trade any 4 games for 40% extra on trade-in value combined with value card is 50% off. The only exclusions is it doesn't deal with the trade-in of systems and accessories. The coupon ends on the July 31. That would be PS2, GC, Xbox, GBA, DS, and PSP games.

Sweet. I will be able to take advantage of this twice because I get Gameinformer and my girlfriend does too. Shit, I just realize that a lot of the magazines on the racks at Gamestop will be missing this coupon once enough people hear about this knowing my local stores.

Matter of fact, I will go ahead as a nice jesture and scan the coupon and post the link once I receive my copy or get a chance to see her's. I might just have her scan it at work if she remembers to bring it with her. She would be Uzumaki_star on this site.

Damn, the only thing I hate about this deal though is the fact Gamestop makes you keep your credit on those damn receipts instead of a value card like Eb and BB/GR.

Yeah, so again - the wait begins to see whether gamestop lowers the trade in value to compensate for their *gracious* deal.

[quote name='cdeener']Damn, the only thing I hate about this deal though is the fact Gamestop makes you keep your credit on those damn receipts instead of a value card like Eb and BB/GR.[/QUOTE]

If you have $50-$100 credit tradin...then buy 2 brand new games (ask for gift receipt if they have 1). Return it back later with or w/o gift receipt and make them put it on GIFT CARD (say it a Gift item) :)

Shoot, just signed up for the card and I think I'm getting my first month's issue next month....guess I'll just by the mag instore if this turns out to be good.

[quote name='suko_32']Shoot, just signed up for the card and I think I'm getting my first month's issue next month....guess I'll just by the mag instore if this turns out to be good.[/QUOTE]

I just signed up and they told me about it today. The guy told me it was "Trade 5 games and get 50% with the coupon" but it was a 5 game limit.

I just got in the issue, but don't have a scanner (could answer any questions). So could someone give me an estimate of how much I could fetch for Ridge Racer DS, Urban Asphalt DS, Madden DS, and Ping Pals DS. Also I have a subscription (bought off of ebay), but no card so would I have to buy the card?Thank you in advance.

[quote name='suko_32']I think it's July because I didn't see it in the June issue. Sucks that there's a limit but still promising.[/QUOTE]

Yea it's the July issue, it has a western game called GUN on the cover.

does anyone know if they will just drop the trade in prices so when you trade in god of war or something like that you will get $27 instead of the 37.50 price

[quote name='cdeener']Dude, if this is like the last deal trade 4 games and get an extra 40% where they changed all the trade in values to equal basically what they were before the deal I wouldn't even touch this.

But, lets say they do this straight up then that means that God of War for example would trade in for $37.50 which is 50% more of it's trade in value of $25.[/QUOTE]

And considering that, at EB, it's 33.75 after CAG15 and Edge...

[quote name='DragoonKnight']If you've already got the coupon already, does that mean that it's valid now?[/QUOTE]
I will learn about this later on today because I work down the street from Gamestop and will talk with the employees to find out. I hope so because I have some games I want to trade in.

[quote name='Masterkyo']If you have $50-$100 credit tradin...then buy 2 brand new games (ask for gift receipt if they have 1). Return it back later with or w/o gift receipt and make them put it on GIFT CARD (say it a Gift item) :)[/QUOTE]

I don't think that you can use credit to purchase gift cards.

[quote name='suko_32']Shoot, just signed up for the card and I think I'm getting my first month's issue next month....guess I'll just by the mag instore if this turns out to be good.[/QUOTE]

Just stop in your Gamestop when it comes out and tell them you just signed up. The two Gamestops by me will give you a copy of the mag so I'm guessing others will too. YMMV, obviously but give it a shot.

here it is boys
savemore.jpg

and hail me as you godess.

That would be the actual size of the card. The only thing is that it is like a cardboard page in the magazine and it is located next to the Preview of Metal Gear Solid 3: Sistance.

i might have to trade in MC3, UC2, Advent Rising, and Episode III to them. i sort of want to keep MC3 and UC2 though. i just hate waiting for weeks because the prices will drop much lower. if i could get like $120 for these games, my xbox 360 would be paid off.

what is in the july issue of GI?

Is there anything on the back of the coupon/insert? The reason I ask is because it doesn't say anything about a limit, so if I hit the store at the right time I may get the two guys who said that I could just bring in a boatload of coupons (or just reuse the same one).

It says that you can use it for every 4, but does it have any extra crap like "Limit one user per household/More Card" or anything like that?

may'be use some of the credit you got from trading in games to buy another magazine and then be able to use another different coupon. That is only if they are different or they take away the coupon from you after usage. Too bad the coupon isn't for DVD movies. I know I would have paid off a lot of systems with that.

[quote name='KingSpike']Is there anything on the back of the coupon/insert? The reason I ask is because it doesn't say anything about a limit, so if I hit the store at the right time I may get the two guys who said that I could just bring in a boatload of coupons (or just reuse the same one).

It says that you can use it for every 4, but does it have any extra crap like "Limit one user per household/More Card" or anything like that?

What you see is the exact coupon as it is in the Gameinformer. The back of the page is an ad for Major League Gaming. Yes this would be in the July issue.

according to this deal kind of sucks reminding me back when I try to ask the trade in values over the phone they reply "sorry we're not allowed to give them over the phone as trade in values change daily" either that or it was one lazy mofo working...also I stoped by during the weekend and the trade in values on this sign they had were 20 for DMC and 22 for Kessen 2.

If I traded in 4 or more games aqnd a gamecube would I get the 50% more on the gamecube too?

EDIT: Nevermind I see it says exceptions - accecories and systems

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']that is bullcrap they should give you over the phone quotes because i called em up and asked for prices for forza doom 3 and gta sa[/QUOTE]

Yes, they should. They should also give you candy when you leave and their farts should smell like muffins. But what they "should" do and what they do do are completely different things.

I took advantage of the deal, and the guys working at GameStop were surprisingly nice. They took the coupon and my card without any hesitation at all. Here is the tally:

Forza Motorsport: $37.50 thanks to $12.50 added on ($25 original value)
Unreal Championship 2: $30 thanks to $10 added on ($20 original value)
Growlanser Generations: $22.50 thanks to $7.50 added on ($15 original value)
Raze's Hell: $10.50 thanks to $3.50 added on ($7 original value)

Grand Total: $100.50

Not bad, not bad at all.

traded in:

Advent Rising (normally $25, got $37.50)
Midnight Club 3 (normally $20, got $30)
Unreal Championship 2 (normally $20, got $30)
Stae Wars Episode III (normally $25, got $37.50)

walked out with $135 in credit, then i bought ESPN NFL 2k5, Morrowind, and NBA Live 2004 for $15.34 after discounts to trade into gamerush (got MC3 for $5), so had $119.xx. I have $330 in credit at gamestop, so that hopefully will pay for my xbox 360. thank you OP

[quote name='aaa']traded in:

Advent Rising (normally $25, got $37.50)
Midnight Club 3 (normally $20, got $30)
Unreal Championship 2 (normally $20, got $30)
Stae Wars Episode III (normally $25, got $37.50)

walked out with $135 in credit, then i bought ESPN NFL 2k5, Morrowind, and NBA Live 2004 for $15.34 after discounts to trade into gamerush (got MC3 for $5), so had $119.xx. I have $330 in credit at gamestop, so that hopefully will pay for my xbox 360. thank you OP[/QUOTE]

That sounds like something my boyfriend would do, but damn that work to your advantage. good luck on that 360,too.

[quote name='DragoonKnight']Are you limited to trading in 4 games, or is it 4 or more?[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about this too. May do a trade tomorrow so it would be nice to know. Any help?

[quote name='DragoonKnight']Are you limited to trading in 4 games, or is it 4 or more?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you are limited with this to just 4 games at a time.

[quote name='aaa']what information is in the July issue of game informer? reviews? previews? anything???[/QUOTE]

Well, they gave Killer7 a 7.5. They previews of the new Hitman and Metal Gear Solid games. Also, they have a whole section of the magazine dedicated to E3.

bread's done
Back