Next Rogers Video 2/30 or 2/40?

[quote name='izaaz101']Ah, I remember hearing about that. They also have a sort of game "library," where you could borrow games for a couple days, right? When I was at UBC, they had an arcade, but they shut that down. But, since I lived on campus, it was fine. Next year when I go back though, I'll need to take my ds, fully charged.[/quote]

Yeah. I borrowed Metroid Fusion until I beat it =)

[quote name='Faytz']It's inside the library, right on the side when you enter. (SFU Surrey)[/quote]

Do you go to SFU Surrey too? =O That'd be pretty cool.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Arcades always go under: laptops and console ports have seen to that. Even DDR and those motion-sensing games have found their way to consoles (namely the Wii.) Even Playdium at Metrotown shut down.

Firestorm, did you spend the night at SFU last week?[/quote]

I don't have any classes at Burnaby thankfully. I left Surrey when the storm started and got home. Surrey was fine though. I had a friend stuck on Burnaby Mountain =/

[quote name='magiic']been talking to the guys at my Rogers and they still have heard nothing[/quote]

Damn. I really need to pick up the holiday stuff x.x

[quote name='Firestorm']Yeah. I borrowed Metroid Fusion until I beat it =)

Do you go to SFU Surrey too? =O That'd be pretty cool.

I don't have any classes at Burnaby thankfully. I left Surrey when the storm started and got home. Surrey was fine though. I had a friend stuck on Burnaby Mountain =/

Damn. I really need to pick up the holiday stuff x.x[/quote]

Ya, but unlike you I have to run between two campus :p, was also stuck in that storm.. cool thing was me and a bunch of friend jacked an empty classroom to watch the traffic jam down below while playing cards... After the roads cleared up we left, I got pretty early compare to some other people I know...

[quote name='jonkaho']mine told me maybe around Easter.[/quote]

WTF? That's more than a month from now! I'll probably check with one of the stores after work today.

They USUALLY have had it every long weekend or Holiday for a while, no? Wouldn't make sense to miss one... although easter would be a better chance to grab Paradise I'd rather have two sales. :(

It's not a holiday in BC is it? Easter weekend sale is a given but what is it that makes this weekend likely to be a sale.

[quote name='gamer602']i was told this weekend' s special is 20% all new games under 20..[/quote]

Only 4 bucks off 20$ games? pffft *thumbs down*

i've heard the same story for this weekend; no 2/40, but one will be coming soonish because a lot of 360 and Wii stuff is starting to come off the shelves to be sold.

i'm kind of hoping to find One Piece Unlimited Adventure for the Wii when it does happen, heh.

[quote name='gamer602']i was told this weekend' s special is 20% all new games under 20..[/quote]

A staff at nearby Rogers did not know anything about promo this weekend. :(

20% off $20 or less on new games? That's just to clear out old never-sold-and-never-will stuff.

You guys have no idea how lucky you are! I leave next thursday and won't be able to take advantage of the 2/$40! Sucks because one of the coquitlam locations has Assassins Creed (PS3) and Uncharted, while another has both Orange Box and Mass Effect. Oh well I picked up Trauma Centre: New Blood for $15 used there yesterday.

[quote name='tymcg']You guys have no idea how lucky you are! I leave next thursday and won't be able to take advantage of the 2/$40! Sucks because one of the coquitlam locations has Assassins Creed (PS3) and Uncharted, while another has both Orange Box and Mass Effect. Oh well I picked up Trauma Centre: New Blood for $15 used there yesterday.[/quote]

If you PM me a list of games you want, I can pick up the titles for you! If there's a 2/40 slae, you can bet that ill be going to the rv in coquitlam...so it wont be any trouble for me at all! So...just PM me the list and the location of the games.

Congrats on getting New Blood at that price! Was it marked at that?

[quote name='tymcg']You guys have no idea how lucky you are! I leave next thursday and won't be able to take advantage of the 2/$40! Sucks because one of the coquitlam locations has Assassins Creed (PS3) and Uncharted, while another has both Orange Box and Mass Effect. Oh well I picked up Trauma Centre: New Blood for $15 used there yesterday.[/quote]

How'd you get it so cheap? =( Victoria & 41st has New Blood and Mario Galaxy for $39.99 each. Was gonna pick them up if it was on today.

I have no idea why it was so cheaply marked, but this is the same store that I've found Ghost Squad marked at $10 so maybe the staff really doesn't know what there doing.

Ugh, shit.. I'll have to drive over in a bit.. I was just out.. wish I knew sooner. :whistle2:(

EDIT: The deal isn't on at the Kanata Centrum location.

I called my Rogers, and he said,
"We did, but we're all out."
All out of...what, games?
"Yes, you can try tomorrow"

Thanks, Rogers Video!

Called a store that always participates in this deal, said they're not doing it. Just as well for me, since I have a backlog of games anyway.

Ancaster was weak. Some highlights were Lair, Mass Effect and Forza 2.

Upper Paradise and Mohawk had nothing for me. Some "highlights" include Crackdown-no manual, Call of Juarez-bad disc, and Dynasty Warrirors Gundam (all 360).
Trauma Whatever for Wii was there as well.

Walked out with nothing.
Still have $50 on Rogers Giftcards.

yeah, honestly, i asked the dood at a rogers in vaughan and he said it wasn't on... that and i can't find a copy of no more heroes at any friggin video stores (BBV or Rogers)

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']+1, just woke up too. Yay Reading week lol.[/quote]

SFU's too good for Reading Break.

It's not on at Victoria & 41st.

I'm in Kanata, Ontario and I tried the Centrum location and the one that's connected with Taco Bell (also in Kanata) and it wasn't on.

[quote name='Winnopeg']Thanks for checking. :)[/quote]

no problem. it's funny that the Rogers clerks seem to know me now and just say "nope, not yet!" when i walk in.

I'm gonna be pissed if it was today only and I wasn't aware of it. I was actually planning on heading out to school to study tomorrow (during reading week....bleh) and was hoping to swing by the Rogers there. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

[quote name='Firestorm']SFU's too good for Reading Break.

It's not on at Victoria & 41st.[/quote]

Yeah you'd rather have an extra week of Christmas break.

Called the Georgetown, ON location yesterday and they didn't have the sale on. They normally do the sale when the other stores do so it looks like no go for this long weekend.

Picked up the following for 360:
-tony hawks proving ground
-gundam dynasty warriors
-kane&lynch
-Naruto
-mass effect and eternal sonata for trade fodder towards planet earth@bbv,

had lots of other games left,off the top of my head, lots of mass effect, a couple of sonata, mario galaxy,assassin's creed(ps3).

[quote name='shifty_37']Picked up the following for 360:
-tony hawks proving ground
-gundam dynasty warriors
-kane&lynch
-Naruto
-mass effect and eternal sonata for trade fodder towards planet earth@bbv,

had lots of other games left,off the top of my head, lots of mass effect, a couple of sonata, mario galaxy,assassin's creed(ps3).[/quote]

What location? Ontario?

bread's done
Back