NFL Knockout Pool: Congrats to our winner, Pirate331!

Week 8:

I'm taking the Minnesota Vikings over the Chicago Bears.

Week 4 - Denver Broncos over Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Week 5 - New England Patriots over Cleveland Browns
Week 6 - Buffalo Bills over San Francisco 49'ers
Week 7 - Cincinnati Bengals over Cleveland Browns

Hey, a quick heads up, guys- we still have 4 people left who haven't posted their picks for the week.  If you're on the fence about your pick, hoping to wait for an injury report Sunday morning or something, please don't wait until the last minute.  The last few weeks I've been keeping the pool open as long as I can on Sundays to give people every chance to get their picks in, but this week I have plans and will be gone most of the day Sunday.  This means I'll be closing the pool early Sunday morning, and once I post that it's closed, it's too late. ( Even if your pick is for the Monday night game.)   

^thanks, Danimal, for continuing to manage the pool.

Week 8: New England Patriots over the Bills

---
Week 4: Pittsburgh Steelers
Week 5: Indianapolis Colts
Week 6: Arizona Cardinals 
Week 7: Kansas City Chiefs

UPDATE:  I find myself with a little extra walking-around money in my pocket this week, so I'm going to bump the prize for winning this pool up from a $30 gift card to a nice, round $50 gift card, winner's choice between Microsoft, PSN, Nintendo, or Steam.   :whee:

I've edited the OP to reflect the change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your the fuck ing man Danimal (unless your a chick).    :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

Put me down for the Seahawks over the Saints. 

My $.02, the pool needs to be locked before the Thursday night game.
I understand your point of view, and I debated setting the Thursday night kickoff as the deadline for all picks for the week. I decided there was no harm, and nothing unfair about leaving it open until Sunday morning. We've had a lot of picks come in late in the week each week, and as the guy running the pool, I really don't like to knock people out of it for not posting a pick in time (although all the years that Admiral Ackbar ran a knockout pool and I was competing in it, I had no problem with that happening :lol:)

Between having a Monday night game and a Thursday night game each week, it's an awfully quick turn-around, and I think there would be a lot of people missing the deadline. I don't want that.

Pool is closed for Week 8.  Good luck, everybody!

Week 8

GolfMan- Minnesota Vikings 
fatboyjam- New England Patriots
ilikecheese9000- Minnesota Vikings
Royal High Knight- Seattle Seahawks
flyingmario5404- Minnesota Vikings
Pirate331- Tennessee Titans
Mjkjets- Denver Broncos 
pitfallharry219- Denver Broncos
The Dark Enforcer- Minnesota Vikings
tejadab- Minnesota Vikings

Danimal big props to you for all the work in this thread and the generous giveaway to the winner.

Good luck everyone in Week 8!

Looks like I might be the lone knockout. I knew I should have went with the Jets. 

Anyways a huge thank you to Danimal for doing this contest  and I look foward to winning next year. Good luck to the remaining 9. 

Wow, big upset last night.  No such thing as a sure thing; it's what keeps these kinds of pools interesting.

Week 8

See You Next Week!

Pirate331- Tennessee Titans
fatboyjam- New England Patriots
Mjkjets- Denver Broncos
pitfallharry219- Denver Broncos

See You Next Year!

Royal High Knight- Seattle Seahawks
GolfMan- Minnesota Vikings
ilikecheese9000- Minnesota Vikings
flyingmario5404- Minnesota Vikings
The Dark Enforcer- Minnesota Vikings
tejadab- Minnesota Vikings

Pool is now open for Week 9 picks.

Week 9

Falcons at Buccaneers (Thursday Night)
Lions at Vikings
Eagles at Giants
Jets at Dolphins
Jaguars at Chiefs
Cowboys at Browns
Steelers at Ravens
Saints at 49ers
Panthers at Rams
Colts at Packers
Titans at Chargers
Broncos at Raiders
Bills at Seahawks (Monday Night)

I'll take:
Week 9: Green Bay Packers over the Colts

Good luck to the rest! 

---
Week 4: Pittsburgh Steelers
Week 5: Indianapolis Colts
Week 6: Arizona Cardinals 
Week 7: Kansas City Chiefs
Week 8: New England Patriots

OK, the pool is closed for Week 9.  Good luck, everyone!

Week 9

fatboyjam- Green Bay Packers
Pirate331- Dallas Cowboys
Mjkjets- Green Bay Packers
pitfallharry219- Dallas Cowboys

Pitfallharry219:

59695399.jpg

Week 9

So Close...

Pirate331- Dallas Cowboys
pitfallharry219- Dallas Cowboys

And Yet So Far

fatboyjam- Green Bay Packers
Mjkjets- Green Bay Packers

Week 10 is now open for picks.

Week 10

Browns at Ravens (Thursday Night)
Texans at Jaguars
Broncos at Saints 
Rams at Jets
Falcons at Eagles
Chiefs at Panthers
Bears at Buccaneers
Vikings at Redskins
Packers at Titans
Dolphins at Chargers
49ers at Cardinals
Cowboys at Steelers
Seahawks at Patriots
Bengals at Giants (Monday Night)

Week 4 - Washington
Week 5 - New England
Week 6 - Arizona
Week 7 - Green Bay
Week 8 - Tennessee
Week 9 - Dallas
Week 10 - Baltimore

No worries.  It's all about making a pick to keep yourself alive.  With two people left and a lot of parity in the league, there's always the possibility that there will be one or two games on a given week's schedule that seem like the obvious pick.

Seeing as both remaining players have made their picks, and they are both from tonight's game, I'm going to go ahead and lock the pool for the week.  The bad news:  If either of you wants to change your pick to one of the Sunday games, it's too late.  I'm helping a friend move today, and most likely will not be online again until around the time tonight's game starts.  The good news: Whether Baltimore wins or loses tonight, you'll both pass through into next week anyway. :)

Week 10

Pirate331- Baltimore Ravens
pitfallharry219- Baltimore Ravens

It likely shouldn't even matter since the Browns are the Browns, but should Baltimore lose, are they back in play to choose for another week? I don't know that we've had that situation come up in any of the survival pools.

It likely shouldn't even matter since the Browns are the Browns, but should Baltimore lose, are they back in play to choose for another week? I don't know that we've had that situation come up in any of the survival pools.
No, if Baltimore loses, you'll both get resurrected, but Baltimore still gets added to the list of teams you've already selected, so they'd be unavailable to you going forward.

Being that we're still a few days away from Sunday, this feels a bit like jumping the gun, but whatever.  Here's the week 11 schedule.  You've got 9 days to make your pick, so, you know, no rush. :lol:

Week 11

Saints at Panthers (Thursday Night)
Steelers at Browns
Ravens at Cowboys
Jaguars at Lions
Titans at Colts
Bills at Bengals
Buccaneers at Chiefs
Bears at Giants
Cardinals at Vikings
Dolphins at Rams
Patriots at 49ers
Eagles at Seahawks
Packers at Redskins
Texans at Raiders (Monday Night)

Quick Update from the Who Cares Department:  I don't know if anyone even looks back at the OP of this thread to see the weekly breakdown of who survived and who got knocked out each week (for that matter, at this point, I don't know if anyone is looking at this thread at all outside of myself and the last 2 CAGs standing), but I've changed it a bit.  Each week, as I've tried to edit the post with individual custom spoilers for that past week, it has been determined to not let me do it.  Individual weeks will go out of spoiler text, even though the spoiler tags are there.  Weeks that should be separated are bunched together under one spoiler tag.  Text that should be bolded or colored differently will not appear as such in the edited text.  It's weird.  Anyway, I'm practically tech-illiterate, so I've given up and bunched all past weeks under one umbrella spoiler.  The Who Cares Department thanks you for your patience and/or indifference.

Week 4 - Washington
Week 5 - New England
Week 6 - Arizona
Week 7 - Green Bay
Week 8 - Tennessee
Week 9 - Dallas
Week 10 - Baltimore

Week 11 - New York Giants

Locking it up early this week because why not, picks are in.  Good luck tomorrow, guys!

Week 11

Pirate331- New York Giants
pitfallharry219- Kansas City Chiefs

Well, that's that, I guess. I should've went with my first instinct and took the Lions.

Congratulations, Pirate331. Thanks for running the contest, Danimal. This is the furthest I've made it in a CAG pool, so it was definitely the most fun one I've been in.

Congrats to Pirate331. A big thank you to Danimal and the other CAGs who donated to the pool. This was a lot of fun.

The prize has been won and awarded, so that wraps things up for this season.  I just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone who entered; I know it was a little weird to start a contest like this 4 weeks into the season, but we got a decent turnout, and it was fun.  I will be running another knockout pool contest next year starting at the beginning of the season, so I hope you all come back and give it another shot.  I'm already thinking about what next year's prize will be...

bread's done
Back