NFL Suicipoolooza! Congratulations to WhamBamm as the BIG WINNER!

New England for me, please.

At home versus Buffalo sounds like a no-brainer. Of course, I thought the same with Miami over Houston a couple years back and the Texans won outright at Miami in Week 1.

I'm just curious why so many people are using the bye in the first week, That's going to come in real handy in case you forget (or are unable) to make a pick during one of the weeks later in the season.

[quote name='Josef']I'm just curious why so many people are using the bye in the first week, That's going to come in real handy in case you forget (or are unable) to make a pick during one of the weeks later in the season.[/quote]

There are two reasons I can think of -

1. Because in this game all you want to do is get to the next week and this guarantees it.

2. Teams fluctuate in terms of talent and capability in today's NFL. A 4-12 team can go 12-4 next year given the right schedule and draft picks just like a 13-3 team could end up going 6-10 or something *cougheaglescoughhahahaha*- the declines seem to happen less drastically though. By sitting out week #1 you get to learn a lot about each team and still get to week #2. Last year I think 80% of the people picked the Eagles (13-3 the year before) to beat up Atlanta and they lost and everyone was out.

[quote name='javeryh']There are two reasons I can think of -

1. Because in this game all you want to do is get to the next week and this guarantees it.

2. Teams fluctuate in terms of talent and capability in today's NFL. A 4-12 team can go 12-4 next year given the right schedule and draft picks just like a 13-3 team could end up going 6-10 or something *cougheaglescoughhahahaha*- the declines seem to happen less drastically though. By sitting out week #1 you get to learn a lot about each team and still get to week #2. Last year I think 80% of the people picked the Eagles (13-3 the year before) to beat up Atlanta and they lost and everyone was out.[/QUOTE]

I'm doing it because last year I picked the Rams to beat the Niners week 1 and lost.

Week 1 is definitely the most unpredictable of weeks. By week 2 at least, you get a feel of who is going to be strong and who is just a flash in the pan.

[quote name='ECW_fan']I will take the Jets for week one.[/quote]

Why? Just curious but that game looks like a toss up to me. Tennessee sucks but they are playing at home. The Jets really look bad though...

As much as it pains me to do this, pick against the Champs, I am picking the Dolpins to win the league opener.

Lets hope Batch has a terrible game to help me with this pick, if not then its 1 and done like last year too.

Oh and last year the big blow pick was the Rams to beat the 49ers in week 1.

bread's done
Back