NHL 11 - Out now!

cannot wait. My favorite game series of all time.

Ill be playing games non stop. My goal is to be ranked #1 in otp and have my team in the top 10. I was top 100 in the past 2 years.

go Thrashers

[quote name='VipFREAK']They didn't get new non-irritating Announcers... ? Fail.[/QUOTE]

Gary Thorne is irritating? I think he's one of the better announcers out there. The guy could read the phonebook and make it sound exciting. I'll admit that the commentary can get a bit repetitive, but that's more EA's fault. But in terms of announcers actually sounding into the game or showing enthusiasm when a team scores, I think the NHL series has some of the best.

[quote name='n8rockerasu'] I'll admit that the commentary can get a bit repetitive, but that's more EA's fault.[/QUOTE]

When he says the same damn thing every game and his "jokes" aren't funny well yeah... There you go. If I were listening to him during an actual game he'd probably be a little less irritating. EA has really killed him for me...

[quote name='Capocci 007']Ill be playing games non stop. My goal is to be ranked #1 in otp and have my team in the top 10. I was top 100 in the past 2 years.
[/QUOTE]
If you can get #1 even with the goal traders, I'll have massive respect. Although I'm not sure if anyone can get the 1500 points a month needed to beat them.

Also, now that I think about it, if you don't give 2 damns about stats, you can just go into OTP, play for however long you need to to make the game count, and quit. You could easily get 250 games, but I think you should wait for the end to do that. The team is looks like it's going to be strong this year. Hell, Nate, Alan and I have gone back to playing 10 just to get used to playing on the same line again. If anyone still has 10, I'd say you'd still be able to join us and get some games in before 11.

Ah, day one purchase now after playing the demo.

The new faceoffs are amazing, as are all the physics that have been changed IMO.

Have the demo queued up and will check it out later today. Have been playing NHL 2K10 just to get the 1000 in it and it is so bad it is pitiful. No wonder they aren't bothering releasing 2K11 on 360/PS3.

Also I received the GS/EB email today and they are offering free overnight shipping with the code 'SHIP817' on NHL 11 preorders until 8/21. Not sure if the code stacks with any of the other promos or even the $10 coupon codes but as we discussed in the thread there really aren't any great deals right now. You are also guaranteed to get the Bauer boost pack code emailed to you if you pre-order online. Often they don't receive many of these codes in the store so if you don't pick it up quickly you might not get one, especially in big hockey areas.

Again, it is nothing great, but if you are going to pick it up anyways and don't have Amazon Prime for release day delivery or if you really want the Bauer boost pack it is probably the way to go. You can always cancel your pre-order if the weekly ads end up having a better deal.

Demo is good... is it just me or does the game speed play a little "slower"...

The faceoffs are now actually realistic. the hitting physics seem to be more realistic now.

I was definitely getting it anyway, but it seems to be yet another upgrade.

hopefully the pull back wrister no longer scores all the time in OTP. that would be nice.

oh, also, one-timer passing now, awesome. but i cant get a one-timer pass from corner, to-point, to other point and have the last pass reciever fire a one-timer slapshot. maybe with more time I can get it going.

I got that email too GlockGlock. I was thinking about ordering it from Gamestop instead of Amazon to get the boost pack with the free shipping but so far the code isn't working properly.

[quote name='DestroVega']Demo is good... is it just me or does the game speed play a little "slower"...

The faceoffs are now actually realistic. the hitting physics seem to be more realistic now.

I was definitely getting it anyway, but it seems to be yet another upgrade.

hopefully the pull back wrister no longer scores all the time in OTP. that would be nice.

oh, also, one-timer passing now, awesome. but i cant get a one-timer pass from corner, to-point, to other point and have the last pass reciever fire a one-timer slapshot. maybe with more time I can get it going.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it actually does feel a little slower. It almost feels like what they did with Madden last year. Slowing the game down to allow for smaller movements, in turn, making the game feel more realistic. Even the passing feels a little slower, which is a good thing because cross creases shouldn't be as guaranteed.

For what it's worth, in the 2 games I've played so far, I tried glitching, and wasn't successful a single time. The only thing that really resulted were some fat rebounds...but there's no way to say that wouldn't have happened off a "normal shot" anyway. My glitch skills aren't as sharp as they once were, but it did appear that the goalie stayed in position better than in 10 and was almost always in the crease...and not three feet in front and to the right of it.

The one thing I did see was one wraparound with that "whip" animation and it beat the goalie easily. I guess that's a fairly high percentage shot though, but hopefully the goalie is capable of moving over quick enough this year. So far, I like the way the demo plays, and I like how little bumps may not cause you to lose the puck every time, but they do alter your momentum entirely. Also, I love how the crowd reacts to big hits. That makes the game feel a lot more exciting.

Also, thanks Glock for posting that Gamestop code. In my experiences, when they have a free shipping code like that, if it doesn't stack with coupons, you can often just use SAVER, and they'll bump it up automatically. This happened to me with UFC 2010. I pre-ordered it months early, even using a coupon code that wasn't supposed to work on pre-orders. Then, before the game's launch, they offered a $10 credit and free overnight shipping...both of which I got. So, even if the codes don't stack, I'll probably take my chances with SAVER.

Goalies seem to move slower in the demo. I put four past Leighton with 2 coming off the draw, and 2 coming on simple centering passes from around the ice. Each time, the top shelf on the stick side, and basically the entire stick side was open while he was trying to find his jock strap in his glove.

They could of put in 2 more teams for this years demo, namely to make sure goalies can stop glitches. Leighton and Niemi aren't exactly the best goalies in the NHL. The wrap shot seems to still score a lot, but the defence seems much more aware of it and will cut you off behind the net. I also got to see the dumbed down goaltenders when Leighton let in a 5 hole wrister from the blue line. Within a month of release, everyone is going to know how to beat the goalies and glitches won't be needed. Still had a few times where my guy goes for the one timer and gets his stick stuck in the air though, dunno if it's happened to anyone else. Oh, and those weak hits from behind? They knock the puck away every time.

it's only the demo anyway... lots of this little stuff could be sewn up by release and first patch.

Overall, I like the experience right now.

I did notice that it was fairly easy to beat the goalie, but who's to say what difficulty we're playing on? Most of the goals I've seen seem to be from him just missing the puck as opposed to being out of position. To ME, that would indicate a lower difficulty where the goalie just isn't as good. Setting the demo up for "easy" or whatever wouldn't be that surprising since on a very fundamental, hockey 101 level, "scoring is fun"...and might convince some to buy the game. The big telltale signs for the AI are going to be positioning and the approach they take to certain plays. As long as they don't have poor fundamentals, how well they do things should be adjustable...be it through difficulty levels, tuner sets, a patch, etc.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

"Honda is the OFFICIAL Vehicle of the NHL"

Yes, that's right. It's spelled correctly this year. I finally got through sorting out my HUT lineup and just started a game where I noticed that same loading screen (didn't see it in Battle for the Cup mode). If that's not enough to make anybody on the fence pre-order NHL 11, I don't know what is! haha :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Annnd It would appear that I just glitched the goalie in tournament play. Pulled the puck behind me near the faceoff circle and whipped it over his far side shoulder. Not sure how often it can be duplicated, but there are certainly people better at it than me. But it looked exactly the same.

I will say the AI defensemen seem a lot better at stopping cross creases though. There doesn't seem to be that invisible zone two feet in front of the goalie where they just turn their back and ignore anything that happens behind them. So, that's a plus.

Yeeeah...glitch shot is still there. I guess I just needed to get used to the motion again. I've now done it 4 times in less than 2 periods. See for yourself. These two videos are from the same game and maybe about 4 minutes apart in game time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMHB9D4E4pI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7kM5N2JthM

I think that's pretty conclusive (2nd video especially). To me, what this means is if you're going to even consider playing OTP this year, you need to learn solid, non-puck chasing defense. For forwards, this means not letting guys breathe out along the point. Without it, it's just going to be same old, same old.

Not feeling it... Although, I know the full game will be a bit better.

Funny, I tried the fighting out and it was me with Toews against Pronger, I won easily. lol

[quote name='Magicking610']If you can get #1 even with the goal traders, I'll have massive respect. Although I'm not sure if anyone can get the 1500 points a month needed to beat them.

Also, now that I think about it, if you don't give 2 damns about stats, you can just go into OTP, play for however long you need to to make the game count, and quit. You could easily get 250 games, but I think you should wait for the end to do that. The team is looks like it's going to be strong this year. Hell, Nate, Alan and I have gone back to playing 10 just to get used to playing on the same line again. If anyone still has 10, I'd say you'd still be able to join us and get some games in before 11.[/QUOTE]

Nate told me last week that he would be getting 10 again, so I'd like to join. Downloading the demo of 11 after I get done on here.

Real Time Physics would clear the glitch up if they made the puck hit your skate when you shot it. I don't see that coming for such a long time though.

As I said before...Ice and Puck Physics are what I want most in these games. This demo bumped it up to a "might purchase." but it depends. I'll be back on the East Coast at Syracuse this semester so if I have any buds that are into hockey, I'll get it. Otherwise, I'll stick to NBA2k11.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeeeah...glitch shot is still there. I guess I just needed to get used to the motion again. I've now done it 4 times in less than 2 periods. See for yourself. These two videos are from the same game and maybe about 4 minutes apart in game time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMHB9D4E4pI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7kM5N2JthM

I think that's pretty conclusive (2nd video especially). To me, what this means is if you're going to even consider playing OTP this year, you need to learn solid, non-puck chasing defense. For forwards, this means not letting guys breathe out along the point. Without it, it's just going to be same old, same old.[/QUOTE]

This is the most disappointing post I've ever seen :\ I was never very good at the glitch shot so I tried it in the demo and after getting nowhere I hoped that it had been fixed. Time for another season with a losing record.

[quote name='redshadow']As I said before...Ice and Puck Physics are what I want most in these games. This demo bumped it up to a "might purchase." but it depends. I'll be back on the East Coast at Syracuse this semester so if I have any buds that are into hockey, I'll get it. Otherwise, I'll stick to NBA2k11.[/QUOTE]
Well, your near me, perhaps the biggest hockey fan on CAG, and if that's not enough to convince you to get NHL 11, then it's not worth it.

I'm tempted to say the glitch shots were luck. I'm also tempted to say that the cross creases can't really be tested because the AI never comes up for the pass. The first video that Nate posted looked like it was deflected in front, and besides, it's been proven that the only thing pulling the puck behind you does is increases the shot speed. Show me a video of a backhand-forehand whip shot that scores 50% of the time and I'll believe that THE glitch shot is back. Besides, even if they attempt to do that, all it takes is a bump and they lose the puck.

[quote name='prence']This is the most disappointing post I've ever seen :\ I was never very good at the glitch shot so I tried it in the demo and after getting nowhere I hoped that it had been fixed. Time for another season with a losing record.[/QUOTE]

Well, one of the comments on Youtube suggested maybe it was because it was on Pro difficulty (since I was playing HUT), that had something to do with it. That COULD be possible, but the biggest thing I noticed the higher difficulties changing was the AI's defense. They didn't leave me as much room, so I was having to rush the shot or take a worse angle. But this goes right along with my belief that good defense can stop it. My only concern is that if I was able to do it on Pro, the "dedicated glitchers" online won't have much of a problem. I don't want to discourage people from playing though...but rather ENCOURAGE better defense. I hate glitchers as much as anybody, and have grown to love the feeling of getting in their face and not giving them an opportunity to do what I know they're trying to do. Just like in real life, many people don't focus on their defense as much as their offense. But a team of solid defenders won't have any problem with people trying this crap.

[quote name='Magicking610']I'm tempted to say the glitch shots were luck. I'm also tempted to say that the cross creases can't really be tested because the AI never comes up for the pass. The first video that Nate posted looked like it was deflected in front, and besides, it's been proven that the only thing pulling the puck behind you does is increases the shot speed. Show me a video of a backhand-forehand whip shot that scores 50% of the time and I'll believe that THE glitch shot is back. Besides, even if they attempt to do that, all it takes is a bump and they lose the puck.[/QUOTE]

How have you played 750 games of NHL 10 and still don't know what's a glitch and what's not a glitch? For all the things you call a glitch when we play, you're going to see video proof and say "that's luck"? Pulling the puck behind you is the same thing as going backhand-forehand. What was "proven" was that you didn't need to go backhand to do it. It's not like the goalie bites on your backhand deke. He loses sight of the puck when you pull it behind you.

I did it 3 times in the same game...which consists of one period. Sorry I didn't get all 3 on video for you. The first video was not deflected. The player being mobbed at the beginning of the video is the one who took the shot. Pay attention. Look, I'm hoping it isn't there, but if I'm able to do it AT ALL, I have to believe that people online will be able to. The only reason I posted it is to show that if you don't stay on guys at the point (and on your side of the ice), you'll most likely be saying
"fucking cheaters" a lot. I'm expecting it to come prepackaged with the game this year, so I won't be as disappointed when I see it online. Yes, if you bump people, they won't be able to do it. That's called good defense.

Downloaded the demo last night. Wow, It's going to a must buy. I like it a lot. The goalie was even stopping cross creases last night. I was shocked and impressed.

All right, you can call it a glitch, I don't care. but instead of relying on the AI or other people stepping up to stop it, why don't we use practice mode to our advantage this year and have some people get used to playing goalie?

Anyways, on to something that won't cause a fight. Something I noticed from the demo is that if someone goes to hug the boards and you go to check them, the game doesn't have you bounce off of them. Instead, the game decides to have your guy board play them. Much better than the shit people pulled last year.

EDIT: Great... The AI is still mindless when it comes to breakaways and will dive every time. Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLO9GRUxJoY&feature=related
That's just awesome.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Downloaded the demo last night. Wow, It's going to a must buy. I like it a lot. The goalie was even stopping cross creases last night. I was shocked and impressed.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! It'll be great having you back, Gary. The team definitely needs another capable defenseman. Just keep those penalty minutes low. ;)

[quote name='Magicking610']All right, you can call it a glitch, I don't care. but instead of relying on the AI or other people stepping up to stop it, why don't we use practice mode to our advantage this year and have some people get used to playing goalie?

Anyways, on to something that won't cause a fight. Something I noticed from the demo is that if someone goes to hug the boards and you go to check them, the game doesn't have you bounce off of them. Instead, the game decides to have your guy board play them. Much better than the shit people pulled last year.[/QUOTE]

Because playing good defense is something you should do anyway? It's fine if you have a person who is good at playing goalie and wants to do it every single game. But it makes much more sense having a team full of people who know how and are capable of defending the play.

As for your second point, I completely agree. There seems to be a lot of good things they added to the game this year, and overall I think it will be a great game. I'm just hoping with one more year of experience, and team practice mode, we can get the CAG team over the hump of being a better than .500 team. We made a lot of progress last year. I'd just like to see it continue.

EDIT - And why the hell does Gamestop's SHIP817 code still not work? Nothing like having a limited time promo code that doesn't work for the first 2 days it's out.

It will be good to be back Nate. :D :D

I only got about 4 minutes worth of penalties in the demo, but that's because I just had the urge to check somebody for no reason lol. Also, I think with practice, we can win a play off and have a banner raised! I think that's awesome really.

[quote name='Magicking610'] why don't we use practice mode to our advantage this year and have some people get used to playing goalie?[/QUOTE]

agreed on practice... but we had at least two real good goalies for the last two years. Moo and Shady.

I don't know how many people play actual hockey here, but defense is really simple if you break it down to the simplest terms. when you face-off, you know who you should be covering on defense at all time, you stay in front of them, between the net and the player in the defensive zone.

Usually you always clear up the boards, but it really doesn't work in video game hockey, you need to just make smart passes.

I actually think our biggest problems were when people playing D decided to be Nick Lindstrom and jump into the rush every breakout, and not enough passing on a two-on-one for the easy goal. This stuff aside, we have some very skilled players. and playing with each other almost 3 years should help.

Played the demo. Not liking the slower game speed. Feels like players are skating in sand. Overall, It doesn't feel much different from previous years.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Not feeling it... Although, I know the full game will be a bit better.

Funny, I tried the fighting out and it was me with Toews against Pronger, I won easily. lol[/QUOTE]

I've been falling for the hype for the last few months and after trying out the demo...definitely not feeling it. This is my first game since NHL 2K7 that I've tried out and it just doesn't feel fun. The button format is completely different from previous NHL games I played a few years back, and I definitely don't like having to shoot with the right stick. Very disappointed. Perhaps I'll pick up FIFA 11 for my sports fix, that looks promising...

[quote name='SynGamer']I've been falling for the hype for the last few months and after trying out the demo...definitely not feeling it. This is my first game since NHL 2K7 that I've tried out and it just doesn't feel fun. The button format is completely different from previous NHL games I played a few years back, and I definitely don't like having to shoot with the right stick. Very disappointed. Perhaps I'll pick up FIFA 11 for my sports fix, that looks promising...[/QUOTE]

lol...no offense, but welcome to four games ago. The NHL series started using the right stick to shoot with the 08 game. And it was pretty much the first thing that started to turn the series around and make it wildly popular again. I can understand it being unfamiliar to you. But at least give it a chance. It is without question a far superior way to play. To say otherwise is ignorant.

As for the game speed, holy crap! Destro, you mentioned it yesterday, but I hadn't done much of a direct comparison at that point. But play the NHL 11 demo for a few days, then go back and play NHL 10. It feels like hyper speed. Skating, shooting, passing, all blisteringly fast. It's definitely going to be a shock to the system for some having to slow down so much, but like it was for Madden, I think it will help the series in the long run. By adding all these micro moves, it just makes sense to give you a bigger window to use them in...as well as a bigger window for the defense to react. It should really help goalies too.

yeah, it's definitely good for the game slowing it down, I don't know if it's accurate compared to the NHL though... seeing the game live, especially at ice level, the game is blazing fast.

it's also the demo, it might not be the actual game speed, even though it probably is.

I think EA had come out one time and said that the scale was screwed up, and that the players were slightly bigger than they should be. The slowed down speed makes it seem realer, I think it also stops some of the bigger problems from the last few years (lining up the hit and flying by the guy instead, and just making the glitches slower). Just looking at the demo makes you think that EA actually tried this year to at least cut down on the glitches, and as I've seen in the wraparound, they've done a half decent job defending. Really the last thing they need to do is to make the goalie control better (such as making post hug useful, it's really only good at stopping cross creases). There's just a lot of improvements that I wanted to see that we can't test yet, because I don't think we can play goalie in the demo.

EDIT: Aparently EA put the checking system on roids to show it off... Because if they didn't... Just watch this video and you will understand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vzLPftI42E

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Also, thanks Glock for posting that Gamestop code. In my experiences, when they have a free shipping code like that, if it doesn't stack with coupons, you can often just use SAVER, and they'll bump it up automatically. This happened to me with UFC 2010. I pre-ordered it months early, even using a coupon code that wasn't supposed to work on pre-orders. Then, before the game's launch, they offered a $10 credit and free overnight shipping...both of which I got. So, even if the codes don't stack, I'll probably take my chances with SAVER.[/QUOTE]

Well the stupid free overnight shipping code from GS/EB is still not working as of today. I did send them and email to ask them WTF and they said to just place the order then send CS an email with the free shipping code and the order number and they would credit meback for the shipping. I wanted to reply that they should at least make sure the offer codes they actually work before sending the promo emails out. :wall:

Also, as n8 said, I have just used SAVER in the past online for pre-orders and received my
game on release date or the day after so it does appear they group pre-orders together for simplicity. Might be worth a try if you don't want to screw around with emailing them back for credit.

I'm finally going to play this demo tonight vs. my brother so hopefully it will make me forget about the nhl 2k10 I just suffered through.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Well the stupid free overnight shipping code from GS/EB is still not working as of today. I did send them and email to ask them WTF and they said to just place the order then send CS an email with the free shipping code and the order number and they would credit meback for the shipping. I wanted to reply that they should at least make sure the offer codes they actually work before sending the promo emails out. :wall:[/QUOTE]

Haha, I did the same thing man, and got basically the same response. My favorite part was this though:
Important:
If the coupon has a shipping offer (example free 3 day shipping) please
make sure to select the correct shipping option.
Coupons will not stack with other coupons or with some offers.
Should your order have a coupon used on it we would be unable to apply
an additional discount.

Coupons cannot be used on In-Store Pick up orders.
Coupons do not apply to pre-orders or consoles.
Based on that information, I don't know why they even created that code...since it doesn't work on pre-orders. :roll: After reading this, I just gave up trying to get them to comprehend anything (even though I threatened to buy it from Amazon) and placed my order using SAVER and one of my $10 off codes.

I didn't even want to risk going for the overnight shipping and then them tell me that because I used a $10 coupon, I wasn't eligible for the "other promotion" (even though my codes are rewards from making previous PURCHASES and are not something just anybody would have). Hopefully it will get bumped up to release date delivery. But if not, I'll just walk into Gamestop, buy a copy, and then return my copy from GS.com with my store receipt when it finally comes in, and they can suck on it. This is what you get when you have horrible customer support.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Haha, I did the same thing man, and got basically the same response. My favorite part was this though:
Based on that information, I don't know why they even created that code...since it doesn't work on pre-orders. :roll: After reading this, I just gave up trying to get them to comprehend anything (even though I threatened to buy it from Amazon) and placed my order using SAVER and one of my $10 off codes.

I didn't even want to risk going for the overnight shipping and then them tell me that because I used a $10 coupon, I wasn't eligible for the "other promotion". Hopefully it will get bumped up to release date delivery. But if not, I'll just walk into Gamestop, buy a copy, and then return my copy from GS.com with my store receipt when it finally comes in, and they can suck on it. This is what you get when you have horrible customer support.[/QUOTE]

Jeez, what a bunch of idiots. Every game on this email is a pre-order. :wall:

I'll see what they come back with via email but I'm willing to bet that we will both get the game on the same day regardless of if you use the 'free' overnight or SAVER. If I find that I still have a $10 off coupon I might just cancel this crap and just use saver. I don't think there is a chance in hell they will let you use a $10 coupon with the free overnight shipping code that doesn't work anyways. :roll:

I sent them an email too, haven't heard back yet. If that's the way they are handling things I may just order from Amazon and skip the boost pack.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I don't think there is a chance in hell they will let you use a $10 coupon with the free overnight shipping code that doesn't work anyways. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was my logic as well. It's ok. I'll fuck them one way or another, lol :D

They were up, but were taken down almost immediately. This is the list Glock compiled. I don't think he listed everything, but it's at least something for now.

NHL 11: Blocker Boost Slot 1 - 80 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Blocker Boost Slot 2 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Blocker Boost Slot 3 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Butterfly Goalie Boost Pack - 240 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Defensive D-man Boost Pack - 240 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Glove Boost Slot 1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Glove Boost Slot 2 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Glove Boost Slot 3 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Agility Boost +1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Agility Boost +3 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Goalie Agility Boost +5 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Aggressiveness Boost +1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Aggressiveness Boost +3 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Goalie Aggressiveness Boost +5 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Angles Boost +1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Angles Boost +3 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Goalie Angles Boost +5 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Break Away Boost +1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Break Away Boost +3 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Goalie Break Away Boost +5 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Durability Boost +1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Durability Boost +3 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Goalie Durability Boost +5 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Endurance Boost +1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Endurance Boost +3 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Goalie Endurance Boost +5 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Five Hole Boost +1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Five Hole Boost +3 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Goalie Five Hole Boost +5 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Glove High Boost +1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Glove High Boost +3 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Goalie Glove High Boost +5 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Glove Low Boost +1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Glove Low Boost +3 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Goalie Glove Low Boost +5 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Passing Boost +1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Passing Boost +3 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Goalie Passing Boost +5 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Poke Check Boost +1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Poke Check Boost +3 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Goalie Poke Check Boost +5 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Rebound Control Boost +1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Rebound Control Boost +3 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Goalie Rebound Control Boost +5 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Shot Recovery Boost +1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Shot Recovery Boost +3 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Goalie Shot Recovery Boost +5 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Stick Boost Slot 1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Stick Boost Slot 2 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Goalie Stick Boost Slot 3 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Stick High Boost +1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Stick High Boost +3 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Goalie Stick High Boost +5 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Stick Low Boost +1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Stick Low Boost +3 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Goalie Stick Low Boost +5 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Speed Boost +1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Speed Boost +3 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Goalie Speed Boost +5 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Vision Boost +1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Goalie Vision Boost +3 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Goalie Vision Boost +5 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Grinder Boost Pack - 240 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Helmet Boost Slot 1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Helmet Boost Slot 2 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Helmet Boost Slot 3 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Hybrid Goalie Boost Pack - 240 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Mask Boost Slot 1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Mask Boost Slot 2 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Mask Boost Slot 3 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Offensive D-man Boost Pack - 240 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Pad Boost Slot 1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Pad Boost Slot 2 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Pad Boost Slot 3 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Playmaker Boost Pack - 240 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Power Forward Boost Pack - 240 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Skate Boost Slot 1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Skate Boost Slot 2 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Skate Boost Slot 3 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Skater Def. Awareness Boost +1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Skater Def. Awareness Boost +3 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Skater Def. Awareness Boost +5 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Skater Stick Checking Boost +1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Skater Stick Checking Boost +3 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Skater Stick Checking Boost +5 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Sniper Boost Pack - 240 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Stand Up Goalie Boost Pack - 240 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Stick Boost Slot 1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Stick Boost Slot 2 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Stick Boost Slot 3 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Tough Guy Boost Pack - 240 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Trapper Boost Slot 1 - 80 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Trapper Boost Slot 2 - 120 Microsoft Points
NHL 11: Trapper Boost Slot 3 - 160 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Two-Way D-man Boost Pack - 240 Microsoft Points

NHL 11: Two-Way Forward Boost Pack - 240 Microsoft Points

For anyone who is going to buy anything, I would highly advise to stay away from the boost packs...as they generally become worthless in a week or two (once you unlock better boosts just through playing). The smartest thing to do would be to look at the +5 boosts or 3 slot boosts and see which ones require a big time commitment (ie. Win 3 Stanley Cups, playing at least 40 games per season). If you see anything you would like that could take you until April to unlock normally, you COULD make an argument that it's worth spending the points on.

I just suck at team hockey games (Controlling multiple players on one team). The last time I felt like I was having fun with a team hockey game was NHL 2k7. I'll definitely still get this for OTP though.....if anyone cares (hint: I'm in for year three of the CAG team n8).

I just never feel like I can get into the offense when playing exhibition games. And I've always hated going down during hockey games too.

[quote name='DarkTower80']I sent them an email too, haven't heard back yet. If that's the way they are handling things I may just order from Amazon and skip the boost pack.[/QUOTE]

Well believe it or not they emailed me back and corrected the overnight shipping charge to FREE. It even updated on the website. I'll still make sure to check that they charge the correct amount when it ultimately ships though.

Might try to sneak in a $10 coupon code on a Halo Reach preorder then email about the overnight shipping and see if they take both, but like I said, I doubt it will fly.

Their daily deal today is free overnight shipping on select 2011 EA sports titles. NHL is one of them and this time it actually works. EALOVE is the code.

Edit - expiration date in the small print for the code is 8/23 at 11 am CST.

[quote name='DarkTower80']Their daily deal today is free overnight shipping on select 2011 EA sports titles. NHL is one of them and this time it actually works. EALOVE is the code.

Edit - expiration date in the small print for the code is 8/23 at 11 am CST.[/QUOTE]

:wall: Glad I wasted my time emailing them about the original code then they release one that actually works. Oh well, as long as it arrives on release date I'll be pleased! :applause:

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']:wall: Glad I wasted my time emailing them about the original code then they release one that actually works. Oh well, as long as it arrives on release date I'll be pleased! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I might use this new code as motivation to email them and complain that I JUST placed my order yesterday, using free SAVER shipping, and request that my order be officially bumped up to Overnight. Chances are they'll do it anyway, but it would be nice to know for sure, haha.

Yeah, after I placed my order with the new code they emailed me about the first one. Same response most of you got, "Just order it without the code and then give us your order number and we will credit it."

bread's done
Back