NHL 2012-2013 Season- Let's do this. Games start January 19

I really hate NBC. I don't see how the hell the call for not penalty for delay of game was wrong. It didn't even look like it was intentional to me, so does it count for a penalty if it is unintentional?

[quote name='sendme']I really hate NBC. I don't see how the hell the call for not penalty for delay of game was wrong. It didn't even look like it was intentional to me, so does it count for a penalty if it is unintentional?[/QUOTE]

Probably because they're dumbasses and didn't think that the referees could possibly see it as a deflection, which is what they called, which is also coincidentally, not a penalty.

[quote name='sendme']I really hate NBC. I don't see how the hell the call for not penalty for delay of game was wrong. It didn't even look like it was intentional to me, so does it count for a penalty if it is unintentional?[/QUOTE]
Not sure what situation you're referring, but I'm guessing shooting the puck into the stands from the defensive zone? Intention is irrelevant, it gets called purely on whether or not it goes into the stands directly vs indrectly (deflection/boards).

Toronto is outplaying Boston, neither team is looking very organized however. Looking like a regular season game so far.

[quote name='Canadian_Man']Toronto is outplaying Boston, neither team is looking very organized however. Looking like a regular season game so far.[/QUOTE]
Jagr was very slow and not strong on the puck. He was (or still is?) sick. They probably should have let him rest this one out.

Wings, ahhh they should have capitalized on one of those first period powerplays. Third period once again is handed to the opposing team. Abdelkader will likely get a game. Don't have much to add other than Wings have historically dominated the Ducks at the Joe so they better even the series up in game 4. Not losing any hope just disappointed.

Just saw JVR's goal that put the Leafs up 4-2 over Boston. Wowwwwww. Still somber that we traded him away for Luke Schenn, but it was the right move to make at the time.

Tried to find a video of it, but I cant. All I saw was a highlight of it and didn't catch player names. I just know one of the players for Washington hit the puck to get it out of the zone as a player for New York was trying to pass it or get it deeper in. When the player for Washington hit the puck it went into the crowd and didn't hit glass. They got him with delay of game.

Oh. Thanks for filling me in. And yeah if that's what happened then that's the consequence.

About the NYI/PIT game that just ended I say boo to the penalty that led to the OT goal and boo to Nabakov's glove side. It's not fair to shoot there on him.

As much as I love Subban, that missed hip-check 30 seconds in was pretty funny. Gets nailed in the face as he falls and hits the boards.

Wouldn't say lucky considering it did beat the goalie, even if slightly off guard due to timing. They are getting outplayed, especially when it comes to playing the body tonight, should settle the game down going into the 2nd and give them a chance to establish themselves in the game.

[quote name='KingBroly']Man, the Canadians are getting DESTROYED here. What happened to them?[/QUOTE]

Ottawa brought their GAME tonight big time. Plus, the Habs have taken some bad penalties tonight. And then around the 8 minute mark in the 3rd all hell broke loose...at one point there were only 5 guys on the bench for each team. 0.o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kou0p5oI4Xk

I find it funny that they added Prust's penalty late because they forgot about it since there were so many penalties. Jesus. What an embarassment for Montreal.

07:04 OTT Jared Cowen : Fighting - 5 min (Ryan White)
07:04 MTL Ryan White : Fighting - 5 min (Jared Cowen)
07:04 MTL Francis Bouillon : Fighting - 5 min (Zack Smith)
07:04 OTT Zack Smith : Fighting - 5 min (Francis Bouillon)
07:04 OTT Chris Neil : Fighting - 5 min (Travis Moen)
07:04 MTL Travis Moen : Fighting - 5 min (Chris Neil)
07:04 OTT Chris Phillips : Fighting - 5 min (Jarred Tinordi)
07:04 MTL Jarred Tinordi : Fighting - 5 min (Chris Phillips)
07:04 OTT Matt Kassian : Fighting - 5 min (Colby Armstrong)
07:04 MTL Colby Armstrong : Fighting - 5 min (Matt Kassian)
07:04 MTL Ryan White served by Michael Ryder : Slashing - 2 min (Zack Smith)
07:04 MTL Francis Bouillon : Game misconduct - 10 min
07:04 MTL Ryan White : Misconduct - 10 min
07:04 MTL Travis Moen : Game misconduct - 10 min
07:04 OTT Zack Smith : Game misconduct - 10 min
07:04 OTT Chris Neil : Game misconduct - 10 min

That happened. Amazing.

[quote name='KingBroly']I find it funny that they added Prust's penalty late because they forgot about it since there were so many penalties. Jesus. What an embarassment for Montreal.

That happened. Amazing.[/QUOTE]

VERY embarrassing. Here's the full breakdown for penalties for both teams:

http://senators.nhl.com/club/boxscore.htm?id=2012030123

1st Period
03:24 OTT Jared Cowen : Roughing - 2 min
04:07 MTL Max Pacioretty : Slashing - 2 min
05:39 MTL Josh Gorges : Hooking - 2 min
11:31 OTT Erik Condra : Tripping - 2 min
12:04 OTT Chris Phillips : Roughing - 2 min
12:04 MTL Rene Bourque : Roughing - 2 min
12:04 OTT Marc Methot : Roughing - 2 min
12:04 MTL P.K. Subban : Roughing - 2 min
14:10 OTT Chris Neil : Roughing - 2 min
16:05 OTT Jean-Gabriel Pageau : Slashing - 2 min

2nd Period
04:40 MTL P.K. Subban : Hi-sticking - 2 min
10:47 OTT Jared Cowen : Slashing - 2 min
12:35 MTL P.K. Subban : Hooking - 2 min

3rd Period
04:23 MTL Rene Bourque : Tripping - 2 min
04:23 OTT Sergei Gonchar : Tripping - 2 min
07:04 MTL Francis Bouillon : Game misconduct - 0 min
07:04 MTL Ryan White : Misconduct (10 min) - 0 min
07:04 MTL Travis Moen : Game misconduct - 0 min
07:04 OTT Zack Smith : Game misconduct - 0 min
07:04 OTT Chris Neil : Game misconduct - 0 min
07:04 OTT Jared Cowen : Misconduct (10 min) - 0 min
07:04 OTT Chris Phillips : Game misconduct - 0 min
07:04 MTL Jarred Tinordi : Game misconduct - 0 min
07:04 MTL Colby Armstrong : Game misconduct - 0 min
07:04 OTT Jared Cowen : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
07:04 MTL Ryan White : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
07:04 MTL Francis Bouillon : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
07:04 OTT Zack Smith : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
07:04 OTT Chris Neil : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
07:04 MTL Travis Moen : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
07:04 OTT Chris Phillips : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
07:04 MTL Jarred Tinordi : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
07:04 OTT Matt Kassian : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
07:04 MTL Colby Armstrong : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
07:04 MTL Ryan White served by Michael Ryder : Slashing - 2 min
08:31 MTL P.K. Subban : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
08:31 MTL P.K. Subban : Game misconduct - 0 min
08:31 MTL Rene Bourque : Roughing - 2 min
08:31 OTT Cory Conacher : Roughing - 2 min
08:31 MTL P.K. Subban : Instigator - 2 min
08:31 OTT Kyle Turris : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
08:43 MTL Brandon Prust : Roughing - 2 min
10:31 OTT Jean-Gabriel Pageau : Cross checking - 2 min
10:31 MTL Tomas Plekanec : Cross checking - 2 min
12:48 OTT Cory Conacher : Cross checking - 2 min

There was this Caps-Rangers brawl in 1995 I think that left each team with about 8-10 players. It lasted a good 20 minutes, and I remember enjoying every moment of it.

And more penalties!

Damn, I go to take a shower with 3 minutes left, 15 minutes later and there's still 30 seconds. Not liking those intentional and dangerous shots the Habs took at the end. Shooting the puck at the buzzer is one thing, but aiming for a player no where near the goal...Shanahan will be busy tonight (better be at least).

Probably. The timeout by the Sens at the end was the icing on the cake. Then you see the Canadians coach's lips go 'what the fuck is this shit?'

[quote name='KingBroly']Probably. The timeout by the Sens at the end was the icing on the cake. Then you see the Canadians coach's lips go 'what the fuck is this shit?'[/QUOTE]

Paul McLean had every right to call a time out, especially with the bullshit the Habs were pulling for the last 10 minutes of the game. I haven't seen a team lose composure like that in a long time.

Of course he did, and it was a great move. The Canadians got exposed, they got pissy about it and this series is over. There's no coming back from that, especially since they instigated almost every fight in the game. And in Game 4 you know they're going to be going after Gyrba.

[quote name='KingBroly']Of course he did, and it was a great move. The Canadians got exposed, they got pissy about it and this series is over. There's no coming back from that, especially since they instigated almost every fight in the game. And in Game 4 you know they're going to be going after Gyrba.[/QUOTE]

We'll see what happens in Game 4. The Habs could compose themselves and control the game, but you're right, it will be hard to come back from their performance tonight.

Disappointed in the Hawks today. I felt like Crawford played pretty well, but they just couldn't put Minnesota away.

Holy cow, what an exciting Sens/Habs game. That was definitely out of the ordinary. I loved the fact that McLean took the time out at the end. If the Habs are going to play like goons then definitely draw up a play and put another one in the back of the net if you ask me.

[quote name='SynGamer']We'll see what happens in Game 4. The Habs could compose themselves and control the game, but you're right, it will be hard to come back from their performance tonight.[/QUOTE]

I imagine Montreal's going to be without 3-4 players, including Subban due to potential suspensions. It makes it that much tougher for them.

And there were 236 penalty minutes in tonight's game. 129 for Montreal, 107 for Ottawa. Is that a record?

I turned the game off after the Sens 4th goal and missed all of that? Holy shit. :whistle2:#

I remember a Habs/Bruins game within the past couple of years that had something like 240 minutes. If it wasn't the record, it was within range.

I only saw parts of the game. I came in I think after all of that happened. I saw 5 on ice for both teams and most of the bench gone. Didn't know what happened till they said it was all due to game misconduct.

Also it looks like San Jose is going to sweep Vancouver. I know it is only the second period of game three, but the way it is looking I would bet money it will be a sweep.

Should have stayed awake for the third period but I caught all the highlights this morning. Habs aren't helping their image after all that. The whining and the initiating (only thing missing is calling 911). I love it though. It's nice to see a series that is heated.

Canucks goalie change didn't inspire the team which gives me a chuckle.

[quote name='KingBroly']I imagine Montreal's going to be without 3-4 players, including Subban due to potential suspensions[/QUOTE]

You think Shanahan is going to suspend 3-4 players from one team?!?!

:rofl:

You're my favorite hockey analyst on CAG.

[quote name='mykevermin']You think Shanahan is going to suspend 3-4 players from one team?!?!

You're my favorite hockey analyst on CAG.[/QUOTE]

I think at least Bourque is going to be suspended for a clear headshot from behind. It'd be a disgrace if he wasn't. But yeah, I can see multiple suspensions coming from this because of the amount of game misconducts there were.

Good thing Vancouver wasn't the worst team that played last night, because they got ran out of the building too.

[quote name='mykevermin']You think Shanahan is going to suspend 3-4 players from one team?!?!

You're my favorite hockey analyst on CAG.[/QUOTE]

I do if it is a team he doesn't like. I could see him doing this to the Blues.

It's next year, but the Ducks will play the Kings at Dodger Stadium next January. Defeats the purpose of the Winter Classic if it's 65 out, but I'll take it.

So no word on a suspension for the elbow, two-handed slash, or intentional shot at an opposing player now where near the goal???

The playoffs sure have been nothing short of entertaining, that's for certain. Just got home and turned on the Leafs game to see them down by 2.

I'm really hoping they can keep it close. I'd hate to see them go out in 5 games.

I have to agree with Vancouver. The players from San Jose seem to know how to sell it when it comes to getting a power play. I noticed L.A. did a good job of it Saturday. I know they have been getting people on diving this season however selling it they seem to allow. I really think these penalties need to be able to be replayed.

Odds on more brawling tonight in the Sens/Habs?

Part of me feels like the Habs will realize they will need to play their game, and not get into all of the physical stuff. Although, it sure would be more entertaining if they didn't learn that lesson. This Sens team has been resilient all year. Between losing Spezza, Anderson, and Karlsson at various points, they just seem to keep on trucking. I'd like to see their hard work all season pay off and advance to the next round.

As far as the Hawks/Wild...I'm hoping the Hawks wake up as they seemed to be asleep or on autopilot in Game 3. They don't seem to be doing much 5 on 5, at least from my point of view.

[quote name='Canadian_Man']How the hell does such a blatant kick-in goal not only get allowed, but reviewed and STILL allowed? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Because after watching the replay it was clear he was in a stopping motion and you can angle your skate for the deflection but cannot be kicking.

Keep an eye on the heel, especially around the point of contact.

sensgoal_medium.gif

As a hockey player, you can tell the footing as he progresses through his brake is unnatural, even if going for deflection.

It's not unnatural for someone who is stopping, though.

It's very close, no disputing that - but it isn't "distinct kicking motion" or however the NHL rules have it written.

Watching the game, I was honestly prepared for the refs to take the goal away, but I wasn't shocked that they did not. It's simply that close of a play.

[quote name='GetWhatYaGive']Did anyone see the clip of Bergevin once the goal was allowed? He looked pissed to say the least.[/QUOTE]

Would love to see this.

When do the Vancouver riots start?

[quote name='mykevermin']
It's very close, no disputing that - but it isn't "distinct kicking motion" or however the NHL rules have it written.[/QUOTE]

Clearly that should be no goal... doesn't matter if they are stopping, it's the kicking motion weather forward or sideways. It's also being directed in. If we were going off your rules the Sharks (and probably other teams) are owed some goals then...

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back