NHL 2012-2013 Season- Let's do this. Games start January 19

[quote name='VipFREAK']Glad perry is continuing his streak...[/QUOTE]

I was LOLing at his stat box with the Shooting Blanks headline

Hockeytown! Avoided losing a third period lead finally. Zetterberg coming up big the last 2 games (lets not talk about that late penalty) is a nice touch on the captaincy. Won't be seeing the Ducks for a long time with the new divisions next year so I'm happy to send them off with a loss they won't be able to avenge soon.

EDIT: Two game 7s and new Daft Punk album streaming. Excellent day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hockeytown! Avoided losing a third period lead finally. Zetterberg coming up big the last 2 games (let's not talk about that late penalty) is a nice touch on the captaincy. Won't be seeing the Ducks for a long time with the new divisions next year so I'm happy to send them off with a loss they won't be able to avenge soon.

The Bruins came to play tonight, hopefully they can keep this up all night.
:edit: and I spoke way too soon.

Just an epic collapse by the Leafs. Up 4-1 and they lose 5-4 in OT. That's going to be a tough offseason to swallow. They played great at times, but damn if they didn't blow it in the 3rd.

EDIT: and the Caps are down 4-0 to the Rangers? Good god what's going on tonight!? Well, the East Playoffs are as follows:

Bruins vs Rangers
Penguins vs Senators

What a rough game for the Leafs. I really was all set to pencil them in after the second period. Trying to decide if it was a collapse due to the Leafs youth not being prepared or if Boston finally stepped it up. Maybe a combination?

So if I'm not mistaken we'll have

Hawks/Wings
Kings/Sharks
Rangers/Bruins
Sens/Pens

Bring on the Semifinals.

Boston pulled their goalie and scored twice off shots from the point to tie it late. Toronto didn't really fall apart as much as Boston got lucky.

[quote name='Canadian_Man']Boston pulled their goalie and scored twice off shots from the point to tie it late. Toronto didn't really fall apart as much as Boston got lucky.[/QUOTE]

No, that would be Toronto falling apart. Pulled the twice goalie and sored on both. That has to be a first in the playoffs. Oh well, good riddance Leafs!

Combination of luck (you need a little of it to rally from that deficit) and the Leafs totally choking. That OT goal is atrocious.

West:

Chicago vs. Detroit - Blackhawks
Los Angeles vs San Jose - Kings

East:

Pittsburgh vs. Ottawa - Penguins
Boston vs. New York - Bruins (Unless it becomes a King Henrik show)

Maybe hit a guy in the head. Angle that was shown on common highlights doesn't give a good look if he actually hit the head.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Wow. Haha! I'm glad he sits out the whole round. That video was much better than the others I saw.[/QUOTE]

Since it was on Erin Andrews "boyfriend" I'm cool with that hit.

Kings got insanely lucky last night. That was unreal.

I guess I'll be rooting for Boston throughout the rest of the Playoffs, all things considered. Sigh...man...just...jeez...

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Wow. Haha! I'm glad he sits out the whole round.[/QUOTE]

It was always a matter of when not if... I do have to say he lasted longer than I though and sadly did more good than bad for us... I've seen worse...

Edit: LMAO @ USA vs Russia score (8-3). Guess who was in net for Russia.

[quote name='VipFREAK']
Edit: LMAO @ USA vs Russia score (8-3). Guess who was in net for Russia.[/QUOTE]

It will be the most press the IIHF World Championship gets in Philadelphia.

I can't find listings for the IIHF. I was able to watch one game last week. When does the US play again?

I guess that would be noon central time. I might be able to watch some of it as long as I can find it on TV.

[quote name='Canadian_Man']Second round hasn't been terribly interesting. Can't recall having seen one exciting game yet.[/QUOTE]

Last nights Pens/Sens game was pretty good back-and-forth hockey...some excellent chances and even better goaltending by both teams.

[quote name='SynGamer']Last nights Pens/Sens game was pretty good back-and-forth hockey...some excellent chances and even better goaltending by both teams.[/QUOTE]

Nice to see the Pens lose a game they totally dominated after winning two in the Islanders series where they were totally outplayed.

Granted I only watched maybe half the game and didn't see either of the regulation goals, I can only enjoy tight checking games when there is good intensity. Back and forth yes, but very little happening beyond dump and chase which has unfortunately become the staple of playoff hockey. Penguins are doing almost too good a job of keeping the Sens outside the box and with very little sustained attack.

[quote name='SynGamer']Ouch, Sens...what happened tonight?[/QUOTE]

Pittsburgh and Boston being light-years ahead of everyone else in the East happened

gonna be a great ECF

b2sLbf8.png

Anybody else here watching the Champions League final tomorrow? I know it's soccer talk in the NHL thread but I was curious if any of us here enjoy soccer.

On topic I couldn't be any happier with how things are shaping up in the Wings/Hawks series. I'd like to see Boston and Pittsburgh wrap up their series so we get a good conference final. Didn't realize Quick had 3 shutouts already. Playoff record is 6. Set by the Red Wings of course haha (Hasek, 2002).

Ugh, I hope the Hawks can get their shit together.

I feel like after the run they had in the regular season, anything short of making it to the Finals will feel like a disappointment.

bread's done
Back