NHL 2012-2013 Season- Let's do this. Games start January 19

Cool. Thanks for the stream (even if I have this game on TV at the moment). Are there usually other playoff games on justin.tv?

Oh. It keeps being interrupted with the site wanting me to subscribe. Well whatever. I don't need it at the moment but that's annoying.

I don't know what that link usually broadcasts, just the stream I happen to find today for this particular game through the heaping pile of shitty crawler sites. As for justintv, all I ever find in regards to NHL hockey is misleading feeds that don't play anything.

Man those were some dumb penalties to take and then got totally outplayed in the third which resulted in the fourth goal. I went to sleep after that.

Those third periods... I'm not even furious about the penalty shot but the stick never touched his hands and yet that left hand came off like it hurt. Wish we could finish off a game for once.

Damn nice goal though on the penalty shot. I'm amazed he got it that high off the ice along with how far he was reaching.

Well my prediction of Torts getting fired came true. Did Nash only score one goal the whole playoffs? If so then that prediction came true as well. Only thing different is that I didn't think they'd make it to round 2.

Lets go Wings. Losing is not acceptable just because of "7th seed and almost missed the playoffs, they should be happy with even getting this far". BS. Dropping 3 straight would still hurt. Win so that I didn't waste my sleep because of getting up at 2 AM.

What an ending to game 7! I felt like the Walkom call was absolutely horrible, but again, I realize I'm biased because I'm a Hawks fan.

It really is a shame that Detroit is headed to the Eastern Conference. This rivalry has been great again in recent years.

seabrookwins_zps2af89da3.gif

[quote name='panzerfaust']Nothing was right about that call. Really ruined the game, regardless of who took the win.[/QUOTE]

This makes me feel better. I was worried I was sounding like a homer.

I just feel like, there were less then 2 minutes left, tie game, game 7 no less...let them play unless there is a horrible act . That's just my opinion though.

Ref called a coincidental minor which disallowed a Hawks goal. Should never have been a penalty in the first place.
The reffing in this series was poor. I hope the rest of the series don't have a low level of officiating like this one.

Oh well, Wings are out. I'm curious how different the team will be next year. Particularly on offense. The defense isn't all that great but DeKeyser being added was a big help. With the offense it's more of a question of which of the young players are going to get better and what about some of the players like Bertuzzi who has one year left, Samuelsson the same, Filppula is a UFA, Cleary as well. It was a transition year. That was clear and the play during the regular season wasn't very good. It wasn't until the playoffs were suddenly upon us that the team got into a groove. Should Wings fans be optimistic? Yes. You don't know how the upcoming players will turn out and will somebody be good enough to eventually replace Datsyuk (impossible to replace him but statistically at least) or become a long time first line player. Cause that is missing. Our first line had Abdelkader for crying out loud.
Teams can change pretty fast in the NHL though and even though the team currently is far from becoming a dominant team in the league like we have been used to there is hope that the team will find a way back into the group of elite teams.

The call was correct. That ref cared about what was going on behind the play, so the double minor was a good call. Lifting into the bench by the Detroit player and the ripping off of the helmet and throwing a punch by the Wings player was also a good penalty call. Of course both NBC announcers were Bias, but these two guys also think PK Subban is a good clean hitter as well :roll:. None the less, Detroit lost twice last night. I wanted to see Pavel with the GWG honestly. Seeing as how all four teams are all teams I loathe, guess I'll watch the AHL.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the ref did not even raise his arm as if to discern a penalty anywhere near the timing of his whistle. Not to mention, does anyone even know what the official call for those "penalties" were?

[quote name='Canadian_Man']Correct me if I am wrong, but the ref did not even raise his arm as if to discern a penalty anywhere near the timing of his whistle. Not to mention, does anyone even know what the official call for those "penalties" were?[/QUOTE]

There would be no arm raised as it's a penalty for both teams and the play would have been dead as soon as the puck was shot. Thing is, the puck was shot and went in. Doesn't even matter at this point since Detroit still lost twice.

Predictions:

Hawks - Pens final

I don't even have any reasons why. Those are gut feelings. Have not seen LA or Boston play much this post season.

Pittsburgh's known capabilities aside, Boston doesn't look like they are playing like themselves. They are not looking like a Stanley Cup winning team. Pittsburgh in 6.

LA is going to give Chicago the same problems they had against Detroit, except that the Kings will be much tougher. LA in 5.

I'm expecting Pittsburgh and Boston to be Pittsburgh in 6 and Chicago and LA to be Chicago in 7.

[quote name='Canadian_Man']Pittsburgh's known capabilities aside, Boston doesn't look like they are playing like themselves. They are not looking like a Stanley Cup winning team. Pittsburgh in 6.[/QUOTE]
They're not, are they?

From what I had seen against Toronto and the Rangers, the Bruins were not playing anywhere as dominant as they had shown in the past.

Well this new layout better be transitionary because it does not look good on my monitor at the moment.

Anyways just wanted to chime in on how I'm happy to see the Pens struggle though I don't count them out because great teams can turn around a 2-0 deficit.

Kings home winning streak didn't dissapoint and it turned out that their best players from game 2 were in charge of getting points in game 3.

Still a crap no call last night for the Kings. I'm glad The Pens are looking horrible however. Hoping for a Bruins vs Blackhawks finals

Penguins might as well roll over and play dead if they're not going to make this a series. No skating what so ever and possibly the worst forecheck I have ever seen. I real tragedy when you consider what this series could have been.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the site was down when I was gonna post this...  Glad to give the Queens such a great parting gift. (takeaways)

97144826207572059739610.jpg

speaking of this site... good job ruining a perfectly good site layout...

You do know once everything is back to normal, we will be getting the old skin back, right?

So, Keith gets 1 game and Carter 0? I say 2 for Keith and 1 for Carter to teach them both a lesson.

Haha.. I haven't dropped in for awhile but those that picked LA or PITT to win in 5 or 6 couldn't have been more wrong.
Very :whistle2:k
Don't worry I'm a Boston / New England Homer and after it took 7 games and a miraculous 3rd period / OT for them to beat Toronto I had Boston losing in the next series.

And in regards to the PITT series I don't know how a team that average a high 3.x goals in the regular season and I think I read more then that in the playoffs gets blanked twice in four games after not being shut out the entire season.

I will admit I never thought Boston would beat Pittsburgh.  I expected it to go 5 maybe 6 and be Pittsburgh moving on.  With LA and Chicago I expected 7 games or at the least 6.  Hell if you were to tell me out of Boston and Pittsburgh one was going to be swept I would have thought it would be Boston.  I'm glad Pittsburgh was swept just because I think Crosby is over rated.  I hope I get to see some of the Boston and Chicago games.  

bread's done
Back