Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch guidebook back on sale on Amazon, $26.39+FS

I was upset that i miss this earlier today. sold out. i refresh the page and the preorder is up again for feb 14 shipments. anyone who missed it order now!

[quote name='Alucard400']I was upset that i miss this earlier today. sold out. i refresh the page and the preorder is up again for feb 14 shipments. anyone who missed it order now![/QUOTE]

Was it $24? Saw that price listed, but it's OOS now.

was going to hop on this but i remembered i had a 50% game guide discount from the best buy gamers unlocked coupon package. local best buy still had 2 in stock, picking up later today for $20 :D

[quote name='SereneStream']was going to hop on this but i remembered i had a 50% game guide discount from the best buy gamers unlocked coupon package. local best buy still had 2 in stock, picking up later today for $20 :D[/QUOTE]

If it's still $20 after a 50% off promo that's not a deal. By the time you factor in sales tax and the time and gas you spent you'd be better just getting it on amazon for $24 if it weren't OOS.

[quote name='needler420']If it's still $20 after a 50% off promo that's not a deal. By the time you factor in sales tax and the time and gas you spent you'd be better just getting it on amazon for $24 if it weren't OOS.[/QUOTE]

Azon has government extortion too bro and their shipping sucks as many have book damage as well

Just got an email from namco that they will send me a free copy of the guidebook free in by February 18th in for the wizard edition fiasco. It said I dont have to do anything and it will just be sent straight out. Though its nice, I was hoping that they have more of the Wizards Edition or maybe an email about a possible reprint.

[quote name='LD_Helix']Just got an email from namco that they will send me a free copy of the guidebook free in by February 18th in for the wizard edition fiasco. It said I dont have to do anything and it will just be sent straight out. Though its nice, I was hoping that they have more of the Wizards Edition or maybe an email about a possible reprint.[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too just got it today says it is on the way. A hardbound one at that

[quote name='kitsunisan']Just threw away a $200 profit by opening my Wizard Edition. Don't regret it for a second. Gonna pop it in first thing tomorrow and play all day.[/QUOTE]

Good choice, the game is a masterpiece of the genre.

[quote name='needler420']If it's still $20 after a 50% off promo that's not a deal. By the time you factor in sales tax and the time and gas you spent you'd be better just getting it on amazon for $24 if it weren't OOS.[/QUOTE]

it is when all im paying extra is the minor sales tax and that the best buy is within walking distance and i get it right away rather than having to wait :p

[quote name='LD_Helix']Just got an email from namco that they will send me a free copy of the guidebook free in by February 18th in for the wizard edition fiasco. It said I dont have to do anything and it will just be sent straight out. Though its nice, I was hoping that they have more of the Wizards Edition or maybe an email about a possible reprint.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm really glad this came today! I was going to start my hunt for this today...

[quote name='AwRy108']Good choice, the game is a masterpiece of the genre.[/QUOTE]

As much as I like this game... it's far from a masterpiece of the genre. The game is plagued with problems that are ignorable only because of Ghibli's involvement.

I got the email too. Now I have to sell off the one I bought from Amazon. Took the gamble and kept my order since I couldn't be sure Namco would actually deliver I the promised guides. : /

[quote name='Vinny']As much as I like this game... it's far from a masterpiece of the genre. The game is plagued with problems that are ignorable only because of Ghibli's involvement.[/QUOTE]

Absurd.

Just got the email from Namco Bandai saying they will send me my guide on the week of February 18th.

My UK Wizard's Edition isn't supposed to arrive until the 20th, so the timing isn't too bad...

[quote name='mbrown3']Absurd.[/QUOTE]

Honest opinion, guys. Would you buy used vanilla version or pay out the ass for wizard edition on eBay? I really want to play this, I can't decide which way to go.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Honest opinion, guys. Would you buy used vanilla version or pay out the ass for wizard edition on eBay? I really want to play this, I can't decide which way to go.[/QUOTE]

Get the regular one.

[quote name='spatenfloot']Get the regular one.[/QUOTE]
'
Truly think about it...Is a book and a plushie really worth an extra $200... Is it really 'that' hard to figure out the value?

[quote name='Drclaw411']Honest opinion, guys. Would you buy used vanilla version or pay out the ass for wizard edition on eBay? I really want to play this, I can't decide which way to go.[/QUOTE]

How much do you really want it? Pretty sure if you were a diehard fan you wouldn't be asking this question.

Just buy the vanilla edition I'd say. IMO the plush, coin, and soundtrack really are overrated. The only thing good about the WE was that book.

[quote name='Blaster man']Ni no kuni from amazon UK came today[/QUOTE]
PAL Wizard Edition right? Can you share some details, packaging wise, damages if any,and the items please?

[quote name='Meelahd']Just got the email from Namco Bandai saying they will send me my guide on the week of February 18th.

My UK Wizard's Edition isn't supposed to arrive until the 20th, so the timing isn't too bad...[/QUOTE]
My German one is set to arrive then too. It's been sitting in Croydon forever now... but hopefully it arrives right around the time the guide book does. I stopped playing the regular edition when I got the shipping notice so I've really been itching to get this.

[quote name='LD_Helix']PAL Wizard Edition right? Can you share some details, packaging wise, damages if any,and the items please?[/QUOTE]

It's in decent shape. It's a little dented but nothing major. The box was in an amazon box but there wasn't as much padding as I would prefer. It moves around a good bit inside.

[quote name='Blaster man']It's in decent shape. It's a little dented but nothing major. The box was in an amazon box but there wasn't as much padding as I would prefer. It moves around a good bit inside.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info, really jelly that you got yours already, hopefully mine arrive in good shape, already got the wizard's companion on my tablet and the guidebook ready to go now I just need the game.

Thanks for the input guys. I was thinking regular too. I just really liked that book. I think I'll use my PUR b2g1 renewal coupon on it.

The UK version of the book on page 89 spells "sunday" (like an ice cream sunday) as "Sunae" while page 44 says "fortune favors" (not favours). I'm THINKING the book is identical to the US version. Can someone with the US version confirm these two items?

[quote name='Blaster man']The UK version of the book on page 89 spells "sunday" (like an ice cream sunday) as "Sunae" while page 44 says "fortune favors" (not favours). I'm THINKING the book is identical to the US version. Can someone with the US version confirm these two items?[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the Wizard's Companion in the WE box? Tell me the pages I'll look it up later.

[quote name='Tracid']Are you talking about the Wizard's Companion in the WE box? Tell me the pages I'll look it up later.[/QUOTE]

Yes, posted 2 above you. I give 2 pages and would like confirmation of spelling. if you can think of any other American English spellings of stuff and point me at the pages I would appreciate it so I could look at my book as well.

The Drippy plush lists San Jose, CA on the tag followed by something in I think French.. I'm guessing that's identical to the US version?

edit:
The "software manual" isn't in the US version right? It's sort of thick and has a bunch of languages in it. It's basically the instruction manual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, they shipped 2 of my 3 Wizards Editions and they are still sending me a guide for the cancelled one. I haven't opened my guide yet so I guess I can return it.

[quote name='Flowstance']Wow, they shipped 2 of my 3 Wizards Editions and they are still sending me a guide for the cancelled one. I haven't opened my guide yet so I guess I can return it.[/QUOTE]

Or sell it on eBay for $50..

[quote name='Tracid']Are you talking about the Wizard's Companion in the WE box? Tell me the pages I'll look it up later.[/QUOTE]
Did you check?

[quote name='Blaster man']The UK version of the book on page 89 spells "sunday" (like an ice cream sunday) as "Sunae" while page 44 says "fortune favors" (not favours). I'm THINKING the book is identical to the US version. Can someone with the US version confirm these two items?[/QUOTE]Ice Cream "Sundae" is the correct term in the US. I think you're misinterpreting the word "Sunday" which is a day of the weekend with the term "Sundae" which is an ice cream dessert.

Someone already stated before that the companion books are all US based unless you got the jap version.

Pg 44 - Favors
Pg 89 - Sundae

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Ice Cream "Sundae" is the correct term in the US. I think you're misinterpreting the word "Sunday" which is a day of the weekend with the term "Sundae" which is an ice cream dessert.

Someone already stated before that the companion books are all US based unless you got the jap version.

Pg 44 - Favors
Pg 89 - Sundae[/QUOTE]

Ah you're right. Okay great. I'm selling my UK Wiz Ed to pay for itself + my French Wiz Ed. That way I get a free copy. :)
The UK version is worth more sold in pieces than it is as a boxed set. You can sell the book for between 200 and 250 but the entire box is worth only 220ish if it's the Uk version.

It's really odd how the entire UK Wizard's Edition can sell for the same price as just the book out of. You can sell the book and keep the game to play and have just as much money as you would have received if you had sold EVERYTHING.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='youenvy']I actually liked mass effect 3 well besides the ending, had fun playing it[/QUOTE]

I liken it to the third matrix movie. The ending was so bad it ruined my enjoyment of the other two in addition to any enjoyment I got out of 3. Furthermore f bioware and ea

I still love me1 though probably cuz it came before ea bought bioware and turned them to complete shit

[quote name='Brother Daz']Damn I keep hoping these bumps are for a restock *le sigh*[/QUOTE]
Sorry....Opps I did it again! :bouncy:
There might be a restock since they're printing guides for the people cancelled by Digial River. No reason they couldn't have printed more to sell. Namco said they aren't going to begin shipping the guides till Feb 18th so after that date some stores could get stock as well.

[quote name='retrad']I liken it to the third matrix movie. The ending was so bad it ruined my enjoyment of the other two in addition to any enjoyment I got out of 3. Furthermore f bioware and ea

I still love me1 though probably cuz it came before ea bought bioware and turned them to complete shit[/QUOTE]
Exactly how I feel. The ending ruined my love of the franchise. Hundreds of hours put in for nothing. D: The ending of ME2 was much better, IMO.

[quote name='retrad']I liken it to the third matrix movie. The ending was so bad it ruined my enjoyment of the other two in addition to any enjoyment I got out of 3. Furthermore f bioware and ea

I still love me1 though probably cuz it came before ea bought bioware and turned them to complete shit[/QUOTE]
To be fair... Matrix 2's "ending" was far worse than the ending to the third. Nothing is more frustrating to me than a non-ending. And on top of that Matrix 2-3 were a train wreck of philosophy thrown together just to be deep. How can you compare that to 3 great games that only truly went down hill in the last 30mins or so of the very last game?
[quote name='Blaster man']Sorry....Opps I did it again! :bouncy:
There might be a restock since they're printing guides for the people cancelled by Digial River. No reason they couldn't have printed more to sell. Namco said they aren't going to begin shipping the guides till Feb 18th so after that date some stores could get stock as well.[/QUOTE]
And a bunch of people already bought the guide and will now have a second they'll probably be willing to part with.

[quote name='Blaster man']Sorry....Opps I did it again! :bouncy:
There might be a restock since they're printing guides for the people cancelled by Digial River. No reason they couldn't have printed more to sell. Namco said they aren't going to begin shipping the guides till Feb 18th so after that date some stores could get stock as well.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for posting this. Checked my spam inbox and got the email saying they will ship out the guide soon. Definitely a nice incentive for those of us who got an order of the Wizard Edition cancelled.

bread's done
Back