Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch guidebook back on sale on Amazon, $26.39+FS

[quote name='Link2430']Thanks for the heads up. It ended up being $31.30 with tax and shipping. Frustrating it was $0.01 away from free shipping, I looked around the store for something cheaper than the shipping price but I didn't have any luck.[/QUOTE]

these are my favorite sketchbooks. only $4.48.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bla...edium-piccadilly/1021920424?ean=9781616805289

and barnes always has them at this price. wire binding allows the book to lay flat and the paper is heavy enough to take light watercolor washes.

Been wanting this but oh well. It must be that stupid gold DLC code that is making it sell out so quickly.
At least I got it in PDF form on my iPad so I been using the guide like that. It's actually a very good guide.

[quote name='Komentra']Been wanting this but oh well. It must be that stupid gold DLC code that is making it sell out so quickly.
At least I got it in PDF form on my iPad so I been using the guide like that. It's actually a very good guide.[/QUOTE]

It's still available at Barnes and Noble...

Thanks for the tip on Barnes and Noble! It came up to 24.99 and I needed 1 cent to make it free shipping. So I added a $0.99 Book marker and got it all under $28 after taxes! ^__^ Wasn't sure if they actually had it in stock until I just got the confirmation number for shipping!

My amazon order came yesterday, the shipping box was in perfect condition but the guide looked like it's been kicked around on the floor before shipping, fucken assholes.

Just placed order from B&N, price has dropped to 23.52, added a couple of cheap books for free shipping. Thanks Shirei for the heads up on B&N!!!

[quote name='Shirei']The guide is back in stock on Barnes & Noble for $24.99.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ni-no-kuni-howard-grossman/1114141532?ean=9780307895981&x=07211102[/QUOTE]

Are you guys that recently ordered from B&N actually getting shipping confirmations? I ordered last week and they sent me an e-mail stating that the order would ship later in the month; not that it had shipped.

Yeah they actually shipped mine. They sent the book via UPS and its already in transit. Scheduled Delivery is "Tuesday, 02/19/2013, By End of Day" The book marker I used to get the free shipping was sent separately though via USPS. And I am NOT a member of B&N.

The order I placed this afternoon said it'd ship 04 March. I hope I do eventually get it...

How's B&N packaging? (and return policy) This guide is awesome but the pure white (and rubbery) hardcover is very prone to dirt and scratches, like what I got from amazon which came without any shrink wrap, hope B&N pack it well enough to arrive undamaged.

[quote name='Asgardian']The order I placed this afternoon said it'd ship 04 March. I hope I do eventually get it...

How's B&N packaging? (and return policy) This guide is awesome but the pure white (and rubbery) hardcover is very prone to dirt and scratches, like what I got from amazon which came without any shrink wrap, hope B&N pack it well enough to arrive undamaged.[/QUOTE]
their packing is so-so, and their customer service is sub-par, when it comes to issues like returns

[quote name='YBX87']their packing is so-so, and their customer service is sub-par, when it comes to issues like returns[/QUOTE]

B&N packaging is pretty good. Their returns are easy because they give you a slip to return it to the warehouse or you can return it to ANY B&N.

[quote name='RedEagleEX']Yeah they actually shipped mine. They sent the book via UPS and its already in transit. Scheduled Delivery is "Tuesday, 02/19/2013, By End of Day" The book marker I used to get the free shipping was sent separately though via USPS. And I am NOT a member of B&N.[/QUOTE]

The book should be shrink wrapped, if not I guess you better hope you get a nice one. From amazon's order it seemed like those were shrink wrapped so I don't see why B&N would take them off. Also return policy is 14 days from delivery and you could easily return in store.

[quote name='Asgardian']The order I placed this afternoon said it'd ship 04 March. I hope I do eventually get it...

How's B&N packaging? (and return policy) This guide is awesome but the pure white (and rubbery) hardcover is very prone to dirt and scratches, like what I got from amazon which came without any shrink wrap, hope B&N pack it well enough to arrive undamaged.[/QUOTE]

Mine was packaged with a cardboard backing larger than the book and then shrinkwrapped around that. Then placed into a box with roughly the same length and width dimensions as the cardboard backing. Thus, it prevented the book from sliding around within the box and getting dinged up.

So it's pretty good packaging. Though one corner of the book was slightly bent. Maybe from the shrink wrapping itself.

Glad I was able to order it from B&N! Ordering it from Amazon turned into quite the ordeal.

I was able to get it on Amazon the last time it was in stock but they shipped it Prestige and the morons delivered it to the wrong address (even though my house is very clearly marked). Sadly whatever neighbor of mine got it stole it as no one has dropped it off at my house. I complained to Amazon and got 10 bucks credit - but I'd have much preferred the guide.

This isn't the first time I've had issues with Prestige either. Their customer support on the issue was mostly worthless. They had the local delivery guy call me, but he was of no help and had no clear answer as to how he ended up not delivering it to my address.

I just ordered from B&N and received shipping confirmation for March 5th. That's fine with me seeing as how I don't even have the game yet. Still hoping for a deal on that. Total was 28.51 using a $1.35 bookmark as filler for free shipping.

My brother got his book in today from B&N. All the corners were damaged. The book was packed in wrap around cardboard box slightly bigger, so I guessed the book bounced around the inside of box and got damaged or the corners were already damaged.

Ni No Kuni is better than Tales of Vesperia in my opinion. Ive tired of the Tales series a while back though.

Demons Soul is too clunky for my liking. Not nearly polished enough.

Mass Effect is a shooter with role playing elements. I dont even consider that a true RPG, and if I did NNK is 100 times more fun than that.

Best Buy Racine, WI still has 2 copies just sitting on the shelf. I used a 50% off coupon from my much-delayed @Gamer welcome packet to get one there for $20...

[quote name='honkyjesus']Unless you work for the developer making this thread makes little sense.[/QUOTE]

WTF are you talking about? It's been sold out quite a bit and MSRP is $40. I got a copy for $17 and sold it on ebay for $50.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Wondering when they're supposed to give us our free guides for the Wizard's edition snafu. Maybe they're hoping we forgot about it already >_>[/QUOTE]

IIRC they start shipping them out next week. Don't know how long it will take since who knows how many people they're shipping to. You'd think it would only be a few thousand but it could easily be 20,000 people since everyone knew what it was going for on eBay by then.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Wondering when they're supposed to give us our free guides for the Wizard's edition snafu. Maybe they're hoping we forgot about it already >_>[/QUOTE]

They told us this to:
1) Quiet us down for the Wizard's Edition BS on release week
2) Hope we forget about the Play Canada BS by giving us something

Dear Customer:

NAMCO BANDAI would like to thank you for your patience while we diligently worked to gather all of the details surrounding the Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition situation.

While it is unfortunate that we will not be able to send you a replacement Wizard’s Edition, you will however be receiving a Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch strategy guide.

The 400-page, hard-bound strategy guide contains a full walk-through of the game, concept-art from Studio Ghibli, interviews with key members of the development team, and exclusive access to unlock the in-game Gold Hurly familiar.

We expect to begin shipping the guides out the week of February 18th. There is absolutely nothing additional you need to do to receive your strategy guide –it will simply be sent directly to you.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact NAMCO BANDAI’S customer service department at (408) 235-2222 or (888) 776-2626.

Sincerely,

NAMCO BANDAI Games America

NOTE: Please do not reply to this email. It was sent from an address that does not accept incoming messages. If you have questions, please contact NAMCO BANDAI’S customer service department at (408) 235-2222 or (888) 776-2626.

[quote name='musha666']Ni No Kuni is better than Tales of Vesperia in my opinion. Ive tired of the Tales series a while back though.

Mass Effect is a shooter with role playing elements. I dont even consider that a true RPG, and if I did NNK is 100 times more fun than that.[/QUOTE]
i agree with all of this.

[quote name='Blaster man']Dear Customer:

NAMCO BANDAI would like to thank you for your patience while we diligently worked to gather all of the details surrounding the Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition situation.

While it is unfortunate that we will not be able to send you a replacement Wizard’s Edition, you will however be receiving a Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch strategy guide.

The 400-page, hard-bound strategy guide contains a full walk-through of the game, concept-art from Studio Ghibli, interviews with key members of the development team, and exclusive access to unlock the in-game Gold Hurly familiar.

We expect to begin shipping the guides out the week of February 18th. There is absolutely nothing additional you need to do to receive your strategy guide –it will simply be sent directly to you.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact NAMCO BANDAI’S customer service department at (408) 235-2222 or (888) 776-2626.

Sincerely,

NAMCO BANDAI Games America

NOTE: Please do not reply to this email. It was sent from an address that does not accept incoming messages. If you have questions, please contact NAMCO BANDAI’S customer service department at (408) 235-2222 or (888) 776-2626.[/QUOTE]

When did you place your order for the WE? I placed mine on the 17th when everyone's got canceled and didn't get this email. I wonder if they're only going to be giving some guides out to some of the cancellations yet again.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']When did you place your order for the WE? I placed mine on the 17th when everyone's got canceled and didn't get this email. I wonder if they're only going to be giving some guides out to some of the cancellations yet again.[/QUOTE]

Apparently, a lot of people who got screwed during the 17th didn't get the email. I would contact DR to make you're getting one.

[quote name='Vinny']Apparently, a lot of people who got screwed during the 17th didn't get the email. I would contact DR to make you're getting one.[/QUOTE]

I did, and they gave me the phone number at the bottom of Blaster's email.

Looks like I gotta call them bright and early tomorrow morning...

P.S. NieR is awesome.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']When did you place your order for the WE? I placed mine on the 17th when everyone's got canceled and didn't get this email. I wonder if they're only going to be giving some guides out to some of the cancellations yet again.[/QUOTE]

Ordered Jan 17th, got the email about the free guide on Feb 7. Maybe it went into your spam folder?

[quote name='Blaster man']Ordered Jan 17th, got the email about the free guide on Feb 7. Maybe it went into your spam folder?[/QUOTE]

Nope, not there, placed it right when it went on sale too, and got a cancellation notice. This is lame, they're even screwing up the free guides.

Now $23.99. Buy the game with it and get another 5% off the currently $49.99 game for a total of only $71.48

Last edited by a moderator:
The guide for the game is fantastic. It's very detailed and it has everything you need to know about the game.

You don't need the guide to beat the game but the familiar guide is handy as fuck. Lists every familiar, the stats and the abilities they gain. Plus it has the quest guide which is also handy.

[quote name='musha666']
[/QUOTE]

Demon's Souls is unpolished?

Sorry, no. But it does not tolerate scrubs, i'll give you that much.

[quote name='CaptainEnforcer']Now $23.99. Buy the game with it and get another 5% off the currently $49.99 game for a total of only $71.48[/QUOTE]

Aieee . . . ordered the game full price late Thursday and it didn't show up yesterday, put in an order for the guide through B&N that wouldn't have shipped until first week of March . . .

Well, at least I'll get the guide by the end of the week now. Hopefully it isn't a fiasco to opt out of B&N.com's membership trial.

$23.99 and in-stock at Amazon. Just ordered mine. With a $1.27 roll of scotch tape, came to $27.46 shipped.

Tabe

bread's done
Back