Nightmare Busters SNES PRE-ORDER $68 SHIPPED

Where Pier Solar looks so awesome.. this just doesn't...

Maybe I'm missing but Pier Solar looks like a labor of love, where this just kind of feels like a cash grab after Pier Solar and the few other new console games have generated a lot of buzz and cost a pretty penny on the secondary market.

[quote name='Jack']Super Fighter Team recently got the rights from the current IP holder to produce copies, so in a sense, it is an official release.[/QUOTE]

No it isn't and don't give anyone the wrong idea. This game was originally being developed in one of those black market countries (Thailand, Taiwan, whatever) who didn't officially have the SNES in their market, now a bunch of guys who take advantage of people who want their retro fix "gain the rights" to it and are doing essentially what this guy does.

If they actually bothered to approach Nintendo and get this-

Nintendo+Seal+of+Quality.JPG

THEN it would be worth it because they actually put effort towards this release. Hell, they could have done that for Beggar Prince with SEGA because SEGA throws the SEGA seal at products like it's nothing these days.

Interesting that a new SNES game is coming out. I guess the collectors that want every game will buy this. It doesn't look like something worth playing.

[quote name='Indiana']Interesting that a new SNES game is coming out. I guess the collectors that want every game will buy this. It doesn't look like something worth playing.[/QUOTE]

It's not an official product and just homebrew. Anyone who wants this is an idiot.

[quote name='Dokstarr']Where Pier Solar looks so awesome.. this just doesn't...

Maybe I'm missing but Pier Solar looks like a labor of love, where this just kind of feels like a cash grab after Pier Solar and the few other new console games have generated a lot of buzz and cost a pretty penny on the secondary market.[/QUOTE]

It's kinda unfair to call this a cash grab after Pier Solar since Super Fighter Team released two Sega Genesis games (both of which were RPGs) before Pier Solar was released. They also announced they were publishing Nightmare Busters before Pier Solar was released.

I would agree that Pier Solar seems to be a labor of love though. It was a brand new game made from scratch, developed and published by Watermelon. SFT wasn't the original developer of any of their Genesis games or even Nightmare Busters.

[quote name='Nintendonly']No it isn't and don't give anyone the wrong idea. This game was originally being developed in one of those black market countries (Thailand, Taiwan, whatever) who didn't officially have the SNES in their market, now a bunch of guys who take advantage of people who want their retro fix "gain the rights" to it and are doing essentially what this guy does.

If they actually bothered to approach Nintendo and get this-

THEN it would be worth it because they actually put effort towards this release. Hell, they could have done that for Beggar Prince with SEGA because SEGA throws the SEGA seal at products like it's nothing these days.[/QUOTE]

Please reread my entire post. I already pointed out that, as far as I know, they haven't received approval from Nintendo (I recall someone asking if the contacted Nintendo in another forum and SFT's response was "no comment"). However, they did get the rights to produce copies from the current IP holder. The producer of repro carts you linked to did not do this. I have no idea why you're insisting it's a homebrew made in a "black market country" that you're not even sure the name of. It was made in the mid 90s by Arcade Zone. Arcade Zone made 2 other SNES games, Legend and Iron Commando. Nightmare Busters was even mentioned in volume 68 of Nintendo Power magazine! If it hadn't been for the publisher backing out, I see no reason why it would not have been approved by Nintendo, if it had not already been approved (of course, I highly doubt Nintendo would approve it now).

Glad I bought this and they sold out. A collector just PayPal'd me $300 for my copy (which cost me $68) After some PP fees, a nice $220+ profit!!!!!

[quote name='KrisMKX']Glad I bought this and they sold out. A collector just PayPal'd me $300 for my copy (which cost me $68) After some PP fees, a nice $220+ profit!!!!![/QUOTE]
Wow. You'd think that anyone willing to pay $300 for this would've been on top of the preorder to begin with.

[quote name='KrisMKX']Glad I bought this and they sold out. A collector just PayPal'd me $300 for my copy (which cost me $68) After some PP fees, a nice $220+ profit!!!!![/QUOTE]

Wait, he PP'd you $300 for a game that doesn't come out until 2013? fucking serious?

[quote name='Vinny']Wait, he PP'd you $300 for a game that doesn't come out until 2013? fucking serious?[/QUOTE]

Yep. I emailed them and had the address changed to his, so they will ship it to him as if he paid them directly, they were very helpful. He was was stationed in Iraq at the time of pre-orders and missed out. He was determined to get one in the first run and I was lucky to see his post on another site. I have seen pics of his SNES collection. Pretty sure he said he owns every game made, most still unwrapped. To each his own I guess...

bread's done
Back